GOLD. Is it really an issue?

1356721

Comments

  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    So what IS a solution? Honest question. What would be sufficient to remedy the alleged shortage? What area should it come from? How much effort should be put into amassing it?

    A slight adjustment to anywhere in arena would be a solution for all. This doesn't mean all would use the solution which is fine.

    A slight exploration reward for map 6 would be a solution for the top only. Which I personally would be ok with.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Riegel wrote: »
    There is actually one way to partly fix the problem w/o Kabam intervention. Stop playing map 5 or higher.

    As I was growing tired of map 5 exploration and donation, I decided to quit and joined a semi retired alliance. We play map 3 instead of map 5. By doing so, I steadily gain 90k gold per week with very little effort. Also by reaching milestones in two 4* arena (about 100 rounds each 3 days or 1 hour of grinding per day) plus getting a little gold here and there, I get a total of 250k gold per week. With that amount, I would take me 2 weeks to R4 a 5* or 4 weeks to R5 a 5*. I think that’s fair and perfectly fit my game progression. It’s not like I need to rank every champs in my roster.

    However, for those who want to R5 a 5* in 48 hours, gold is a big issue, which can only solved by real $$$. I mean you can always buy gold with units, right?

    Playing less end game content isn't an option. I'd have to leave my alliance for that. Then when I was ready to come back there wouldn't be a spot or I might miss AW season rewards.

    Yes, making the gold crystal provide large sums of gold or have better drop rates is one way to fix the gold issue. It's probably the greediest, but I'd take anything.

    I wouldn’t call Map 5 and 6 end game content. And it’s not like such an alliance is not competent enough. My alliance is new but was climbing pretty fast in Aw season and now top 200-300 Gold 1.

    I concur that breaking into platinum is hard and requires hard core players, so if you want to be there with the top, you need to sacrifice something either time, $$$, gold or chance to rank up a champ quickly.

    Additionally, platinum or higher alliances only represent a tiny portion of community. Most of them have huge reserves or rich enough to not too worry about gold issue.

    Below platinum, unless you want to Rank Up every Howard the duck or Groot, gold is not a big issue either.

    Map 6 is end game content. It's not hard, but it is end game.

    My alliance is currently rank 3 in the world for AW. Many of us are broke out of our minds gold-wise.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    So what IS a solution? Honest question. What would be sufficient to remedy the alleged shortage? What area should it come from? How much effort should be put into amassing it?

    @GroundedWisdom

    Increase the drop rate of gold in the arena crystals, 2400 really is inadequate at this point
  • rahul3038rahul3038 Posts: 107
    Yes,Gold is an issue for me....I'm a Masters Student and can't spend my time playing arenas.....
    I play aq/aw because they take like 10-15 per 3 hrs....
  • MightylibraMightylibra Posts: 185
    Riegel wrote: »
    Riegel wrote: »
    There is actually one way to partly fix the problem w/o Kabam intervention. Stop playing map 5 or higher.

    As I was growing tired of map 5 exploration and donation, I decided to quit and joined a semi retired alliance. We play map 3 instead of map 5. By doing so, I steadily gain 90k gold per week with very little effort. Also by reaching milestones in two 4* arena (about 100 rounds each 3 days or 1 hour of grinding per day) plus getting a little gold here and there, I get a total of 250k gold per week. With that amount, I would take me 2 weeks to R4 a 5* or 4 weeks to R5 a 5*. I think that’s fair and perfectly fit my game progression. It’s not like I need to rank every champs in my roster.

    However, for those who want to R5 a 5* in 48 hours, gold is a big issue, which can only solved by real $$$. I mean you can always buy gold with units, right?

    Playing less end game content isn't an option. I'd have to leave my alliance for that. Then when I was ready to come back there wouldn't be a spot or I might miss AW season rewards.

    Yes, making the gold crystal provide large sums of gold or have better drop rates is one way to fix the gold issue. It's probably the greediest, but I'd take anything.

    I wouldn’t call Map 5 and 6 end game content. And it’s not like such an alliance is not competent enough. My alliance is new but was climbing pretty fast in Aw season and now top 200-300 Gold 1.

    I concur that breaking into platinum is hard and requires hard core players, so if you want to be there with the top, you need to sacrifice something either time, $$$, gold or chance to rank up a champ quickly.

    Additionally, platinum or higher alliances only represent a tiny portion of community. Most of them have huge reserves or rich enough to not too worry about gold issue.

    Below platinum, unless you want to Rank Up every Howard the duck or Groot, gold is not a big issue either.

    Map 6 is end game content. It's not hard, but it is end game.

    My alliance is currently rank 3 in the world for AW. Many of us are broke out of our minds gold-wise.

    Well, there is the price for being at the top, folk!

    But you must understand that a few dozen of people from the very top alliances don’t represent the whole community. For hundreds of thousand others players, gold is not an issue. I used to have a reserve of 2M until I completed 5.3 and ranked up a few 5*. Why would Kabam make a change to comply with demand of the minority?
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 745 ★★★

    But you must understand that a few dozen of people from the very top alliances don’t represent the whole community. For hundreds of thousand others players, gold is not an issue. I used to have a reserve of 2M until I completed 5.3 and ranked up a few 5*. Why would Kabam make a change to comply with demand of the minority?
    [/quote]

    My question is how do you know gold is not a problem for hundred of thousands of players? Do you know that many players? Or do you have access to that information? Many alliance is no where near the top and half our ally has gold issues
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 422 ★★
    I’ll just agree with kabam miike’s statement. Everyone has a bottleneck. You lack gold but have the cats and basics. I’m swimming in gold with everything is ranked to at least 3/30 and about half of my 5* 2/35 or better but my problem is alphas/t4b. If everyone got what they wanted then everyone would be sitting with everything maxed and kabam making no money. We would then be without a game.
  • MightylibraMightylibra Posts: 185
    DL864 wrote: »
    But you must understand that a few dozen of people from the very top alliances don’t represent the whole community. For hundreds of thousand others players, gold is not an issue. I used to have a reserve of 2M until I completed 5.3 and ranked up a few 5*. Why would Kabam make a change to comply with demand of the minority?

    My question is how do you know gold is not a problem for hundred of thousands of players? Do you know that many players? Or do you have access to that information? Many alliance is no where near the top and half our ally has gold issues [/quote]

    How do you know gold is a problem, then? Based on some posts on this forum?

    I based it on my own experience. If you play only occasionally, you gain more than enough gold to rank up your 4* roster. Problem only kicks in when you start ranking up your 5* to lvl 4 or 5. Many players including me usually exchange gold for loyalty or BC even when playing map 5.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Riegel wrote: »
    Riegel wrote: »
    There is actually one way to partly fix the problem w/o Kabam intervention. Stop playing map 5 or higher.

    As I was growing tired of map 5 exploration and donation, I decided to quit and joined a semi retired alliance. We play map 3 instead of map 5. By doing so, I steadily gain 90k gold per week with very little effort. Also by reaching milestones in two 4* arena (about 100 rounds each 3 days or 1 hour of grinding per day) plus getting a little gold here and there, I get a total of 250k gold per week. With that amount, I would take me 2 weeks to R4 a 5* or 4 weeks to R5 a 5*. I think that’s fair and perfectly fit my game progression. It’s not like I need to rank every champs in my roster.

    However, for those who want to R5 a 5* in 48 hours, gold is a big issue, which can only solved by real $$$. I mean you can always buy gold with units, right?

    Playing less end game content isn't an option. I'd have to leave my alliance for that. Then when I was ready to come back there wouldn't be a spot or I might miss AW season rewards.

    Yes, making the gold crystal provide large sums of gold or have better drop rates is one way to fix the gold issue. It's probably the greediest, but I'd take anything.

    I wouldn’t call Map 5 and 6 end game content. And it’s not like such an alliance is not competent enough. My alliance is new but was climbing pretty fast in Aw season and now top 200-300 Gold 1.

    I concur that breaking into platinum is hard and requires hard core players, so if you want to be there with the top, you need to sacrifice something either time, $$$, gold or chance to rank up a champ quickly.

    Additionally, platinum or higher alliances only represent a tiny portion of community. Most of them have huge reserves or rich enough to not too worry about gold issue.

    Below platinum, unless you want to Rank Up every Howard the duck or Groot, gold is not a big issue either.

    Map 6 is end game content. It's not hard, but it is end game.

    My alliance is currently rank 3 in the world for AW. Many of us are broke out of our minds gold-wise.

    Well, there is the price for being at the top, folk!

    But you must understand that a few dozen of people from the very top alliances don’t represent the whole community. For hundreds of thousand others players, gold is not an issue. I used to have a reserve of 2M until I completed 5.3 and ranked up a few 5*. Why would Kabam make a change to comply with demand of the minority?

    You just said the top is rich now you are saying the top is the minority why listen to the top...

    This isn't about the top or the minority. This is an issue for anyone who wants to progress in any aspect of the game.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Stara99 wrote: »
    I’ll just agree with kabam miike’s statement. Everyone has a bottleneck. You lack gold but have the cats and basics. I’m swimming in gold with everything is ranked to at least 3/30 and about half of my 5* 2/35 or better but my problem is alphas/t4b. If everyone got what they wanted then everyone would be sitting with everything maxed and kabam making no money. We would then be without a game.

    Gold shouldn't be a rank up bottleneck as it isn't solely used for rank ups.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    DL864 wrote: »
    But you must understand that a few dozen of people from the very top alliances don’t represent the whole community. For hundreds of thousand others players, gold is not an issue. I used to have a reserve of 2M until I completed 5.3 and ranked up a few 5*. Why would Kabam make a change to comply with demand of the minority?

    My question is how do you know gold is not a problem for hundred of thousands of players? Do you know that many players? Or do you have access to that information? Many alliance is no where near the top and half our ally has gold issues

    How do you know gold is a problem, then? Based on some posts on this forum?

    I based it on my own experience. If you play only occasionally, you gain more than enough gold to rank up your 4* roster. Problem only kicks in when you start ranking up your 5* to lvl 4 or 5. Many players including me usually exchange gold for loyalty or BC even when playing map 5.
    [/quote]

    map 5 is almost 14x cheaper in gold cost, that's why YOU have a lot of gold.
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 422 ★★
    Riegel wrote: »
    Stara99 wrote: »
    I’ll just agree with kabam miike’s statement. Everyone has a bottleneck. You lack gold but have the cats and basics. I’m swimming in gold with everything is ranked to at least 3/30 and about half of my 5* 2/35 or better but my problem is alphas/t4b. If everyone got what they wanted then everyone would be sitting with everything maxed and kabam making no money. We would then be without a game.

    Gold shouldn't be a rank up bottleneck as it isn't solely used for rank ups.

    Gold is a bottleneck because it’s used in many facets of the game.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Stara99 wrote: »
    Riegel wrote: »
    Stara99 wrote: »
    I’ll just agree with kabam miike’s statement. Everyone has a bottleneck. You lack gold but have the cats and basics. I’m swimming in gold with everything is ranked to at least 3/30 and about half of my 5* 2/35 or better but my problem is alphas/t4b. If everyone got what they wanted then everyone would be sitting with everything maxed and kabam making no money. We would then be without a game.

    Gold shouldn't be a rank up bottleneck as it isn't solely used for rank ups.

    Gold is a bottleneck because it’s used in many facets of the game.

    You’re speaking in definites. You don’t know that what you said is true. It’s ok to say gold should be a bottleneck for that reason but when you say it IS a bottleneck for that reason the only way you could know is by working for Kabam. If you think gold is in a good place that’s cool.
  • MightylibraMightylibra Posts: 185
    edited March 2018
    Riegel wrote: »
    Riegel wrote: »
    Riegel wrote: »
    There is actually one way to partly fix the problem w/o Kabam intervention. Stop playing map 5 or higher.

    As I was growing tired of map 5 exploration and donation, I decided to quit and joined a semi retired alliance. We play map 3 instead of map 5. By doing so, I steadily gain 90k gold per week with very little effort. Also by reaching milestones in two 4* arena (about 100 rounds each 3 days or 1 hour of grinding per day) plus getting a little gold here and there, I get a total of 250k gold per week. With that amount, I would take me 2 weeks to R4 a 5* or 4 weeks to R5 a 5*. I think that’s fair and perfectly fit my game progression. It’s not like I need to rank every champs in my roster.

    However, for those who want to R5 a 5* in 48 hours, gold is a big issue, which can only solved by real $$$. I mean you can always buy gold with units, right?

    Playing less end game content isn't an option. I'd have to leave my alliance for that. Then when I was ready to come back there wouldn't be a spot or I might miss AW season rewards.

    Yes, making the gold crystal provide large sums of gold or have better drop rates is one way to fix the gold issue. It's probably the greediest, but I'd take anything.

    I wouldn’t call Map 5 and 6 end game content. And it’s not like such an alliance is not competent enough. My alliance is new but was climbing pretty fast in Aw season and now top 200-300 Gold 1.

    I concur that breaking into platinum is hard and requires hard core players, so if you want to be there with the top, you need to sacrifice something either time, $$$, gold or chance to rank up a champ quickly.

    Additionally, platinum or higher alliances only represent a tiny portion of community. Most of them have huge reserves or rich enough to not too worry about gold issue.

    Below platinum, unless you want to Rank Up every Howard the duck or Groot, gold is not a big issue either.

    Map 6 is end game content. It's not hard, but it is end game.

    My alliance is currently rank 3 in the world for AW. Many of us are broke out of our minds gold-wise.

    Well, there is the price for being at the top, folk!

    But you must understand that a few dozen of people from the very top alliances don’t represent the whole community. For hundreds of thousand others players, gold is not an issue. I used to have a reserve of 2M until I completed 5.3 and ranked up a few 5*. Why would Kabam make a change to comply with demand of the minority?

    You just said the top is rich now you are saying the top is the minority why listen to the top...

    This isn't about the top or the minority. This is an issue for anyone who wants to progress in any aspect of the game.

    Plz, do not take my words out of context.
    I said either...or... and when I said top, I refer to the top 300 alliances aka platinum brackets and higher because I know some of the guys who grind hard and have huge stash of gold.

    Your top is top 3 AW or Master class. That’s top top of the game, so you don’t represent the platinum brackets. And I said when you are at top 3, you must know more than anyone else the price you paid to be there.

    You said this is an issue for those who want to progress. Well, shortage of T4C, T4B, T1a, T2a is much more bigger issue for players from below the top. Do you know that Map 3 gives nearly 0 T4c shards. So while you guys at the top get a full t4c every week and still complain about gold shortage, other players must wait 2-3 months to get a full T4C if they get lucky. Should they demand Kabam the to increase drop rate for map 3 crystals? They want to progess too.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Plz, do not take my words out of context.

    I'm trying not to but look at this.
    I concur that breaking into platinum is hard and requires hard core players, so if you want to be there with the top, you need to sacrifice something either time, $$$, gold or chance to rank up a champ quickly.

    Additionally, platinum or higher alliances only represent a tiny portion of community. Most of them also have huge reserves or rich enough to not too worry about gold issue.

    Below platinum, unless you want to Rank Up every Howard the duck or Groot, gold is not a big issue either.

    "Platinum or higher have huge reserves of gold." I told you this was untrue.
    Well, there is the price for being at the top, folk!

    But you must understand that a few dozen of people from the very top alliances don’t represent the whole community. For hundreds of thousand others players, gold is not an issue. I used to have a reserve of 2M until I completed 5.3 and ranked up a few 5*. Why would Kabam make a change to comply with demand of the minority?

    Now you change your argument.
    I said either...or... and when I said top, I refer to the top 300 alliances aka platinum brackets and higher because I know some of the guys who grind hard and have huge stash of gold.

    You didn't though.

    Your top is top 3 AW or Master class. That’s top top of the game, so you don’t represent the platinum brackets. And I said when you are at top 3, you must know more than anyone else the price you paid to be there.

    Indeed that's why I'm bringing it up, because negligible updates to gold income + many updates to gold spend = bad.

    You said this is an issue for those who want to progress. Well, shortage of T4C, T4B, T1a, T2a is much more bigger issue for players from below the top. Do you know that Map 3 gives nearly 0 T4c shards. So while you guys at the top get a full t4c every week and still complain about gold shortage, other players must wait 2-3 months to get a full T4C if they get lucky. Should they demand Kabam the to increase drop rate for map 3 crystals? They want to progess too.

    No, because they have already added more ways to obtain more rank up materials. Gold they have not changed in any meaningful way.

    Maybe a gold arena would be nice during the one day arena break from feature/basic grind.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 745 ★★★
    DL864 wrote: »
    But you must understand that a few dozen of people from the very top alliances don’t represent the whole community. For hundreds of thousand others players, gold is not an issue. I used to have a reserve of 2M until I completed 5.3 and ranked up a few 5*. Why would Kabam make a change to comply with demand of the minority?

    My question is how do you know gold is not a problem for hundred of thousands of players? Do you know that many players? Or do you have access to that information? Many alliance is no where near the top and half our ally has gold issues

    How do you know gold is a problem, then? Based on some posts on this forum?

    I based it on my own experience. If you play only occasionally, you gain more than enough gold to rank up your 4* roster. Problem only kicks in when you start ranking up your 5* to lvl 4 or 5. Many players including me usually exchange gold for loyalty or BC even when playing map 5.
    [/quote]

    You said hundreds of thousands of players don’t have a gold problem. I asked how do you know that. So gold is a problem in your opinion when ranking 5* champs.Sense the game is geared towards 5* champs you pretty much just proved my point.
  • MightylibraMightylibra Posts: 185
    edited March 2018
    Riegel wrote: »
    Plz, do not take my words out of context.

    I'm trying not to but look at this.
    I concur that breaking into platinum is hard and requires hard core players, so if you want to be there with the top, you need to sacrifice something either time, $$$, gold or chance to rank up a champ quickly.

    Additionally, platinum or higher alliances only represent a tiny portion of community. Most of them also have huge reserves or rich enough to not too worry about gold issue.

    Below platinum, unless you want to Rank Up every Howard the duck or Groot, gold is not a big issue either.

    "Platinum or higher have huge reserves of gold." I told you this was untrue.
    Well, there is the price for being at the top, folk!

    But you must understand that a few dozen of people from the very top alliances don’t represent the whole community. For hundreds of thousand others players, gold is not an issue. I used to have a reserve of 2M until I completed 5.3 and ranked up a few 5*. Why would Kabam make a change to comply with demand of the minority?

    Now you change your argument.
    I said either...or... and when I said top, I refer to the top 300 alliances aka platinum brackets and higher because I know some of the guys who grind hard and have huge stash of gold.

    You didn't though.

    Your top is top 3 AW or Master class. That’s top top of the game, so you don’t represent the platinum brackets. And I said when you are at top 3, you must know more than anyone else the price you paid to be there.

    Indeed that's why I'm bringing it up, because negligible updates to gold income + many updates to gold spend = bad.

    You said this is an issue for those who want to progress. Well, shortage of T4C, T4B, T1a, T2a is much more bigger issue for players from below the top. Do you know that Map 3 gives nearly 0 T4c shards. So while you guys at the top get a full t4c every week and still complain about gold shortage, other players must wait 2-3 months to get a full T4C if they get lucky. Should they demand Kabam the to increase drop rate for map 3 crystals? They want to progess too.

    No, because they have already added more ways to obtain more rank up materials. Gold they have not changed in any meaningful way.

    Maybe a gold arena would be nice during the one day arena break from feature/basic grind.

    I would not keep going with this debat as we have clearly very different idea. Last thing I want to say is they added more rank up materials because it was a real issue for players progress. Gold is not for majority. Why do they have to fix something that ain’t broken? You choose to play map 6 to get full T4c, thus forfeiting the amount of gold you are supposed to gain by NOT playing it. I choose to play map 3 to get gold, thus forfeiting chance to get T4C shards. So, there is nothing wrong with lack of gold here. And to be fair, I would pay 1M of gold for 1 Full T4c.

    And it seems there is a hall of revive coming up, which will be certainly followed by hall of gold. The amount may not be enough for some top players like you but for most of us, it is a very nice addition to our reserve, and I’m more than happy with it.

  • MightylibraMightylibra Posts: 185
    DL864 wrote: »
    DL864 wrote: »
    But you must understand that a few dozen of people from the very top alliances don’t represent the whole community. For hundreds of thousand others players, gold is not an issue. I used to have a reserve of 2M until I completed 5.3 and ranked up a few 5*. Why would Kabam make a change to comply with demand of the minority?

    My question is how do you know gold is not a problem for hundred of thousands of players? Do you know that many players? Or do you have access to that information? Many alliance is no where near the top and half our ally has gold issues

    How do you know gold is a problem, then? Based on some posts on this forum?

    I based it on my own experience. If you play only occasionally, you gain more than enough gold to rank up your 4* roster. Problem only kicks in when you start ranking up your 5* to lvl 4 or 5. Many players including me usually exchange gold for loyalty or BC even when playing map 5.
    You said hundreds of thousands of players don’t have a gold problem. I asked how do you know that. So gold is a problem in your opinion when ranking 5* champs.Sense the game is geared towards 5* champs you pretty much just proved my point.[/quote]

    Again, how many players have enough resources to rank past lvl 3 5*? Problem only kicks in when they finished Act 5.3 or LoL and got T2a. But how many R4 5* can they R4? 3-4 max. So, to me 2 weeks to R4 a 5* is more than fair. That’s not even consider players keep saving for God tier champs. You know that game doesn’t just spin around some top alliances, do you?
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    I would not keep going with this debat as we have clearly very different idea. Last thing I want to say is they added more rank up materials because it was a real issue for players progress. Gold is not for majority. Why do they have to fix something that ain’t broken? You choose to play map 6 to get full T4c, thus forfeiting the amount of gold you are supposed to gain by NOT playing it. I choose to play map 3 to get gold, thus forfeiting chance to get T4C shards. So, there is nothing wrong with lack of gold here. And to be fair, I would pay 1M of gold for 1 Full T4c.

    And it seems there is a hall of revive coming up, which will be certainly followed by hall of gold. The amount may not be enough for some top players like you but for most of us, it is a very nice addition to our reserve, and I’m more than happy with it.

    We do, you are speaking from lack of experience. You are unfamiliar with the path of progression, which is ok, but you don't have the knowledge to know that it's a problem.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    DL864 wrote: »
    DL864 wrote: »
    But you must understand that a few dozen of people from the very top alliances don’t represent the whole community. For hundreds of thousand others players, gold is not an issue. I used to have a reserve of 2M until I completed 5.3 and ranked up a few 5*. Why would Kabam make a change to comply with demand of the minority?

    My question is how do you know gold is not a problem for hundred of thousands of players? Do you know that many players? Or do you have access to that information? Many alliance is no where near the top and half our ally has gold issues

    How do you know gold is a problem, then? Based on some posts on this forum?

    I based it on my own experience. If you play only occasionally, you gain more than enough gold to rank up your 4* roster. Problem only kicks in when you start ranking up your 5* to lvl 4 or 5. Many players including me usually exchange gold for loyalty or BC even when playing map 5.

    You said hundreds of thousands of players don’t have a gold problem. I asked how do you know that. So gold is a problem in your opinion when ranking 5* champs.Sense the game is geared towards 5* champs you pretty much just proved my point.

    Again, how many players have enough resources to rank past lvl 3 5*? Problem only kicks in when they finished Act 5.3 or LoL and got T2a. But how many R4 5* can they R4? 3-4 max. So, to me 2 weeks to R4 a 5* is more than fair. That’s not even consider players keep saving for God tier champs. You know that game doesn’t just spin around some top alliances, do you?

    You are getting stuck in this loop of assumptions.
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★
    Stara99 wrote: »
    Riegel wrote: »
    Stara99 wrote: »
    I’ll just agree with kabam miike’s statement. Everyone has a bottleneck. You lack gold but have the cats and basics. I’m swimming in gold with everything is ranked to at least 3/30 and about half of my 5* 2/35 or better but my problem is alphas/t4b. If everyone got what they wanted then everyone would be sitting with everything maxed and kabam making no money. We would then be without a game.

    Gold shouldn't be a rank up bottleneck as it isn't solely used for rank ups.

    Gold is a bottleneck because it’s used in many facets of the game.

    At work, a supervisor was conducting interviews for a position and one of the people who applied is a worker from another section that nobody that likes. But anyway, the first couple of people who rated higher than that work said no. Rather than get a new group of people to interview, he offered the position to that worker and he accepted.

    So for years, he bitched and moan about that worker. The worker is finally retiring this July.

    Bittersweet moment. The dynamics between whiney supervisor and his star employee is a constant source of entertainment for the rest us. Sad to see that go.

    The moral of the story is that the problems that people cry about is of their own making.

    The bottleneck in this game is by user's choice. The pretend-imbalance is by their own choosing.

    People work hard to get as many shards as possible (e.g. AW, alliance events). So they have a lot of heroes to upgrade.

    People go hard in AQ, cat arena, and daily quests so they have plenty of cats they can use to upgrade heroes.

    So what's left? Arenas? The effort is lacking while at the same time doing whatever it takes to spend the gold that they do get (e.g. league donations) because they go hard in AQ (e.g. map 6).

    I am "milestone chaser". All I do is enough to reach rank reward and that's it. I do it for all arenas except the 5-star arena. I have no plans to score a million for just 2 milestones. The total number of matches I do is 7 + 8 + 7 + 10 = 32 matches every 3 days plus the 30 for the tb4 arena plus 30 for the 2 sunday arenas. So a busy week is 92 matches.

    So this means for the weeks that don't have t4b arena, any matches above 62 goes towards paying for map 6.

    I have 37846 in gold but 91 arena crystals still to open and 988 ISOs to sell if needed and many are about to expire in 2 days. I get a lot of ISOs due to duping and monthly quests.

    And no heroes to upgrade because .... I'm waiting on cats. For instance, I have 2 t4b only.

    By my choice, I control the bottleneck. I can choose to go higher level maps and join alliances that have a better chance of completing them. But I don't. I don't want to spend any more effort than I do now. So my bottleneck is the cats.

    This is the same for everyone else. They can choose. And they did. They made a choice and falsely claim that all other options aren't options.

    Rather than accept the choices they made and the consequences that goes with it, they cry and falsely claim that there's an actual problem with the game.
  • MightylibraMightylibra Posts: 185
    Riegel wrote: »
    I would not keep going with this debat as we have clearly very different idea. Last thing I want to say is they added more rank up materials because it was a real issue for players progress. Gold is not for majority. Why do they have to fix something that ain’t broken? You choose to play map 6 to get full T4c, thus forfeiting the amount of gold you are supposed to gain by NOT playing it. I choose to play map 3 to get gold, thus forfeiting chance to get T4C shards. So, there is nothing wrong with lack of gold here. And to be fair, I would pay 1M of gold for 1 Full T4c.

    And it seems there is a hall of revive coming up, which will be certainly followed by hall of gold. The amount may not be enough for some top players like you but for most of us, it is a very nice addition to our reserve, and I’m more than happy with it.

    We do, you are speaking from lack of experience. You are unfamiliar with the path of progression, which is ok, but you don't have the knowledge to know that it's a problem.

    If you are talking about path of progression of top 10, even top 100 alliances then yes I have no idea about it. Let just say 100% members of top 100 have the gold problem (which is clearly not), so only 3000 players max. It’s less than 1% of the total base.

    So your issue is not an issue from the corporation big picture. As the game progresses with more and more players getting 5*+ rank up materials, they will adjust gold level. For now, gold is not a problem at all.
  • MightylibraMightylibra Posts: 185
    edited March 2018
    Riegel wrote: »
    Riegel wrote: »
    I would not keep going with this debat as we have clearly very different idea. Last thing I want to say is they added more rank up materials because it was a real issue for players progress. Gold is not for majority. Why do they have to fix something that ain’t broken? You choose to play map 6 to get full T4c, thus forfeiting the amount of gold you are supposed to gain by NOT playing it. I choose to play map 3 to get gold, thus forfeiting chance to get T4C shards. So, there is nothing wrong with lack of gold here. And to be fair, I would pay 1M of gold for 1 Full T4c.

    And it seems there is a hall of revive coming up, which will be certainly followed by hall of gold. The amount may not be enough for some top players like you but for most of us, it is a very nice addition to our reserve, and I’m more than happy with it.

    We do, you are speaking from lack of experience. You are unfamiliar with the path of progression, which is ok, but you don't have the knowledge to know that it's a problem.

    If you are talking about path of progression of top 10, even top 100 alliances then yes I have no idea about it. Let just say 100% members of top 100 have the gold problem (which is clearly not), so only 3000 players max. It’s less than 1% of the total base.

    So your issue is not an issue from the corporation big picture. As the game progresses with more and more players getting 5*+ rank up materials, they will adjust gold level. For now, gold is not a problem at all.

    Incorrect. You are assuming it’s only an issue for the top again. Also, you are assuming they will adjust gold levels for some reason when more players get 5*.

    The entire reason people are bringing up the fact gold is a problem is because it hasn’t been adjust in a meaningful way ever.

    Gold is a problem now.

    Wrong! Some people bringing it up because they have met their bottlenecks. From Kabam perspective, it’s likely that gold does not required adjustment.

    An fairly new average player only needs a roster of 15 4/40 4* champion to cover every area of the game. He may need 2-3 weeks to get 3 T4B and 300k gold to R4 a 4* or R2 a 5*. By playing map 3, he gets more than enough gold for this purpose.

    Moving up a bit, he starts R5 his better 4* or R3 his better 5*. It may take months to collect 3 T4c to rank. At this stage gold is also not a problem if he does aq, aw and some events occasionally.

    When he reaches his first 4 T2a, his gold stash is big enough to R4 at least 1 5* of his choice. This path of progression may take year to get there.

    This is the typical path of progression of a non-top players. So tell me how gold is problem for him unless he wants to break into platinum brackets and plays map 6 weekly while ranking up all his 5* roster at the same time?

  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Riegel wrote: »
    Riegel wrote: »
    I would not keep going with this debat as we have clearly very different idea. Last thing I want to say is they added more rank up materials because it was a real issue for players progress. Gold is not for majority. Why do they have to fix something that ain’t broken? You choose to play map 6 to get full T4c, thus forfeiting the amount of gold you are supposed to gain by NOT playing it. I choose to play map 3 to get gold, thus forfeiting chance to get T4C shards. So, there is nothing wrong with lack of gold here. And to be fair, I would pay 1M of gold for 1 Full T4c.

    And it seems there is a hall of revive coming up, which will be certainly followed by hall of gold. The amount may not be enough for some top players like you but for most of us, it is a very nice addition to our reserve, and I’m more than happy with it.

    We do, you are speaking from lack of experience. You are unfamiliar with the path of progression, which is ok, but you don't have the knowledge to know that it's a problem.

    If you are talking about path of progression of top 10, even top 100 alliances then yes I have no idea about it. Let just say 100% members of top 100 have the gold problem (which is clearly not), so only 3000 players max. It’s less than 1% of the total base.

    So your issue is not an issue from the corporation big picture. As the game progresses with more and more players getting 5*+ rank up materials, they will adjust gold level. For now, gold is not a problem at all.

    Incorrect. You are assuming it’s only an issue for the top again. Also, you are assuming they will adjust gold levels for some reason when more players get 5*.

    The entire reason people are bringing up the fact gold is a problem is because it hasn’t been adjust in a meaningful way ever.

    Gold is a problem now.

    Wrong! Some people bringing it up because they have met their bottlenecks. From Kabam perspective, it’s likely that gold does not required adjustment.

    An fairly new average player only needs a roster of 15 4/40 4* champion to cover every area of the game. He may need 2-3 weeks to get 3 T4B and 300k gold to R4 a 4* or R2 a 5*. By playing map 3, he gets more than enough gold for this purpose.

    Moving up a bit, he starts R5 his better 4* or R3 his better 5*. It may take months to collect 3 T4c to rank. At this stage gold is also not a problem if he does aq, aw and some events occasionally.

    When he reaches his first 4 T2a, his gold stash is big enough to R4 at least 1 5* of his choice. This path of progression may take year to get there.

    This is the typical path of progression of a non-top players. So tell me how gold is problem for him unless he wants to break into platinum brackets and plays map 6 weekly while ranking up all his 5* roster at the same time?

    You want me to explain to you why someone doing old content uses less gold? It’s because old content cost less. Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.