**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

GOLD. Is it really an issue?

Comments

• rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    1) Gold has increased in many areas of the game. AW, solo events, increase in AQ payout.

2) 6s are here but they cost half as much to rank as their 5* CR equivalent.

3) Ever heard the idiom work hard play hard? Thats map 6, if you want to play 6x5 you need to work for it as its meant to be cost prohibitive.

4) Enough with the gold threads, you just posted in one before you started this one.

Bud. He says in the thread that he does upwards of 300 fights per arena. That alone should be enough to sustain someone as that is a pretty hefty grind. But you have to be able to see that getting 3000 gold for 2000 battlechips almost every time from arena crystals can’t be worth it. Also 20 units cannot be equivalent to 2400 gold. Simply too little value

300 fights or streak??

A 300 streak would award about 110k BC, that would easily translate to 260-300k gold, which makes it 600k gold weekly. Please, if you say that isnt enough weekly, then I dont know what is.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    6wleg39roieu.png
  • CoatHang3r wrote: »
    1) Gold has increased in many areas of the game. AW, solo events, increase in AQ payout.

3) Ever heard the idiom work hard play hard? Thats map 6, if you want to play 6x5 you need to work for it as its meant to be cost prohibitive.

4) Enough with the gold threads, you just posted in one before you started this one.

Bud. He says in the thread that he does upwards of 300 fights per arena. That alone should be enough to sustain someone as that is a pretty hefty grind. But you have to be able to see that getting 3000 gold for 2000 battlechips almost every time from arena crystals can’t be worth it. Also 20 units cannot be equivalent to 2400 gold. Simply too little value

300 fights or streak??

A 300 streak would award about 110k BC, that would easily translate to 260-300k gold, which makes it 600k gold weekly. Please, if you say that isnt enough weekly, then I dont know what is.
    It’s apparently not enough for op
    Just going off what op says that’s not even enough to rank up one four star. So you make that judgement if it’s enough or not
    Just for clarification on that SS I will be pushing to 12 mil in the 5* arena for all milestones and guaranteed 2000 5* shards. If anyone else has any questions about how I play the game I'm not afraid to answer :)

300 fights or streak??

Just going off what op says that’s not even enough to rank up one four star. So you make that judgement if it’s enough or not

Maybe they should prioritize leveling up and not try to level up everything from rank 1 to rank 5 immediately as they get it.
    With the rate that OP wants to level everything up, they will have nothing to do in 2 months.

300 fights or streak??

Maybe they should prioritize leveling up and not try to level up everything from rank 1 to rank 5 immediately as they get it.
    With the rate that OP wants to level everything up, they will have nothing to do in 2 months.

In my OP is was just showing how much things have progressed in terms of cost. I personally don't rank anything unless necessary or if I can afford to do a level up event and still remain above 2 mil gold I will rank something.
    Riegel wrote: »
    Just for clarification on that SS I will be pushing to 12 mil in the 5* arena for all milestones and guaranteed 2000 5* shards. If anyone else has any questions about how I play the game I'm not afraid to answer :)

Boss, you are just at the end-game and we all have different struggles. Take a deep breath and accumulate gold before you take that next god tier to Rank 5.

We are still catching up with our petty Rank 2s. Still don't have enough t4cc, you have more sources for gold though.

Boss, you are just at the end-game and we all have different struggles. Take a deep breath and accumulate gold before you take that next god tier to Rank 5.

We are still catching up with our petty Rank 2s. Still don't have enough t4cc, you have more sources for gold though.

It's hard to rank up one 4* or 5* a month with what I am currently putting in.
    Also, @rockykoston everyone has pretty much the same amount of gold obtainable resources available to them.
    To get more T4cc you'll need to be more competitive in AQ which will cost gold. Then, that will award you the T4cc you need to do those rank ups which will cost you more gold. Then, you'll be gold starved :/ lol
  • Atticus9090Atticus9090 Posts: 521 ★★
    We do need more Gold. Completely agree. I made a poll about gold a couple days ago and 2 people flagged it lol. Don’t know why some people don’t want the community to get more gold.

Maybe it’s the top players who want to keep the lower tier ones down? Who knows.

Gold realms every Sunday on Master mode would give max 250k gold if I can remember right or maybe even less around 175k (been awhile since last Gold Rush).

Once a week. Every Sunday for a limited time? 12 hours ish? Sounds good to me
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    These gold threads always devolve into the same thing, grind the arena, although no is willing to say what is a reasonable amount of time to put in the arena per day, just to break even on rank ups.

As I’ve said before Kabam has the data, they have seen our debates, so IMO either some changes get made or I’m pretty certain players will start slowly quitting.

But I have a feeling Kabam is working on something dynamic and it will probably address some of the issues we are having. So let’s just wait to see what they come up with.
  • Atticus9090Atticus9090 Posts: 521 ★★
    We do need more Gold. Completely agree. I made a poll about gold a couple days ago and 2 people flagged it lol. Don’t know why some people don’t want the community to get more gold.

Maybe it’s the top players who want to keep the lower tier ones down? Who knows.

Gold realms every Sunday on Master mode would give max 250k gold if I can remember right or maybe even less around 175k (been awhile since last Gold Rush).

Also to the folks who say just arena grind. Many people don’t have time to sit on their butt for 2-4 hours a day constantly grinding our arena points.

Many people have Jobs, BF and GFs, friends, And hell, even a wife and kids to take care of. Come on
    edited March 2018

Yeah, it's the same few that post in all threads I wont call them out by name, but they are easy to spot.

I am in a top 3 AW and top 20 AQ alliance, but I still want more gold for all!
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    These gold threads always devolve into the same thing, grind the arena, although no is willing to say what is a reasonable amount of time to put in the arena per day, just to break even on rank ups.

As I’ve said before Kabam has the data, they have seen our debates, so IMO either some changes get made or I’m pretty certain players will start slowly quitting.

But I have a feeling Kabam is working on something dynamic and it will probably address some of the issues we are having. So let’s just wait to see what they come up with.

I hope they do! I just wish they were more transparent, or would at least reply to any thread on the subject. Even a "no we feel gold is in a good place would be ok" then at least we'd know.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    If you think playing story/monthly/AQ/AW is a grind then I dont know what points I can make. Those hardly take more than 15-20 minutes of your time every 4-5 hours.
    I was using grind in the general sense. I also didn't include daily quests, if you are going for resources. In any case, the game is supposed to be about having fun, not spending all of your time grinding for scraps.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

I hope they do! I just wish they were more transparent, or would at least reply to any thread on the subject. Even a "no we feel gold is in a good place would be ok" then at least we'd know.
    4nk59032eyu0.jpeg
    Direct response to gold thread. YW. /thread? Yeah right!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    The problem with saying a couple hours a day is too much to Grind for Resources is that it negates the argument that the system is broken. People can play at their leisure. It takes time and effort to be competitive, though. The only option outside of putting time and effort in is wanting it to be given organically as you play the way you want to play. That's not reasonable. We can't expect the game to give us everything we need according to our own life demands. There's really no disrespect in saying that. It's just not reasonable. It's like saying, "I want to be in the Top. I want to Rank the higher Champs. I don't have time to make the Gold. Give it to me for what I do now.".

4nk59032eyu0.jpeg
    Direct response to gold thread. YW. /thread? Yeah right!

Thanks for the informative post. I haven't seen this post I don't have a lot of time to go through every thread as I have a lot of arena to do. Link?
    The problem with saying a couple hours a day is too much to Grind for Resources is that it negates the argument that the system is broken. People can play at their leisure. It takes time and effort to be competitive, though. The only option outside of putting time and effort in is wanting it to be given organically as you play the way you want to play. That's not reasonable. We can't expect the game to give us everything we need according to our own life demands. There's really no disrespect in saying that. It's just not reasonable. It's like saying, "I want to be in the Top. I want to Rank the higher Champs. I don't have time to make the Gold. Give it to me for what I do now.".

I agree. You should have to work to be at higher tier. I just think the work load is very high currently. My fear as I've stated is that map 7 will come out and it will require even more as with 6* r2 and beyond, and there will be no gold increase. So, yeah, maybe that means I shouldn't be in a top alliance anymore, but I hope I can manage.
  • MightylibraMightylibra Posts: 185
    edited March 2018
    There is actually one way to partly fix the problem w/o Kabam intervention. Stop playing map 5 or higher.

As I was growing tired of map 5 exploration and donation, I decided to quit and joined a semi retired alliance. We play map 3 instead of map 5. By doing so, I steadily gain 90k gold per week with very little effort. Also by reaching milestones in two 4* arena (about 100 rounds each 3 days or 1 hour of grinding per day) plus getting a little gold here and there, I get a total of 250k gold per week. With that amount, it would take me 2 weeks to R4 a 5* or 4 weeks to R5 a 5*. I think that’s fair and perfectly fit my game progression. It’s not like I need to rank every champs in my roster.

However, for those who want to R5 a 5* in 48 hours, gold is a big issue, which can only solved by real $$$. I mean you can always buy gold with units, right?
    There is actually one way to partly fix the problem w/o Kabam intervention. Stop playing map 5 or higher.

As I was growing tired of map 5 exploration and donation, I decided to quit and joined a semi retired alliance. We play map 3 instead of map 5. By doing so, I steadily gain 90k gold per week with very little effort. Also by reaching milestones in two 4* arena (about 100 rounds each 3 days or 1 hour of grinding per day) plus getting a little gold here and there, I get a total of 250k gold per week. With that amount, I would take me 2 weeks to R4 a 5* or 4 weeks to R5 a 5*. I think that’s fair and perfectly fit my game progression. It’s not like I need to rank every champs in my roster.

However, for those who want to R5 a 5* in 48 hours, gold is a big issue, which can only solved by real $$$. I mean you can always buy gold with units, right?

Playing less end game content isn't an option. I'd have to leave my alliance for that. Then when I was ready to come back there wouldn't be a spot or I might miss AW season rewards.

Yes, making the gold crystal provide large sums of gold or have better drop rates is one way to fix the gold issue. It's probably the greediest, but I'd take anything.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Okay, everyone hating on the ppl saying “grind arenas”

Imagine making a thread saying “Not enough money”

Then someone suggest you to get a job...

Would your reply be “Nah I don’t want to grind a job, I want the government to pay me more because...yeah”

Just do some more arena, gold is available, AW pays a lot, AQ gives a lot out, more quests are being added to get gold (I can see why you want more gold for master/uncollected which is fair enough)

But even still, stop ranking everyday otherwise your gonna run out of gold...

You can’t do as you please and then say the resources aren’t there because your blowing your load daily.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    So what IS a solution? Honest question. What would be sufficient to remedy the alleged shortage? What area should it come from? How much effort should be put into amassing it?
  • MightylibraMightylibra Posts: 185
    edited March 2018

As I was growing tired of map 5 exploration and donation, I decided to quit and joined a semi retired alliance. We play map 3 instead of map 5. By doing so, I steadily gain 90k gold per week with very little effort. Also by reaching milestones in two 4* arena (about 100 rounds each 3 days or 1 hour of grinding per day) plus getting a little gold here and there, I get a total of 250k gold per week. With that amount, I would take me 2 weeks to R4 a 5* or 4 weeks to R5 a 5*. I think that’s fair and perfectly fit my game progression. It’s not like I need to rank every champs in my roster.

Playing less end game content isn't an option. I'd have to leave my alliance for that. Then when I was ready to come back there wouldn't be a spot or I might miss AW season rewards.

Yes, making the gold crystal provide large sums of gold or have better drop rates is one way to fix the gold issue. It's probably the greediest, but I'd take anything.

I wouldn’t call Map 5 and 6 end game content. And it’s not like such an alliance is not competent enough. My alliance is new but was climbing pretty fast in Aw season and now top 200-300 Gold 1.

I concur that breaking into platinum is hard and requires hard core players, so if you want to be there with the top, you need to sacrifice something either time, $$$, gold or chance to rank up a champ quickly.

Additionally, platinum or higher alliances only represent a tiny portion of community. Most of them also have huge reserves or rich enough to not too worry about gold issue.

Below platinum, unless you want to Rank Up every Howard the duck or Groot, gold is not a big issue either.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    I have to say this the only thing this game is designed to do is make you spend money. Now for some people saying gold is not an issue. Yes for you it many not be t4b and t4cc is not an issue for me gold is. Now with that said I put time into this game not a big arena guy like some in this thread. I completed this month herico master uncollected 100% and act 5.3 and 5.4 completion. That gave me enough gold to r4 one 5* and r3 one 5*. That’s for the month. We are seeing the same amount of gold for fights in act 5 as in the monthly events gold should ramp up with difficulty but it’s not. So for those telling us the game Is not designed to rank champs that fast. I guess 1r4 and 1 r3 5* a month is to fast. That’s crazy. IMO the game is a little behind in gold rewards and hopefully they will catch up. To me questing is the funnest part of the game so something easy would be to scale gold rewards with difficulty the harder the content the more gold it yields
    Okay, everyone hating on the ppl saying “grind arenas”

Imagine making a thread saying “Not enough money”

Then someone suggest you to get a job...

Would your reply be “Nah I don’t want to grind a job, I want the government to pay me more because...yeah”

Just do some more arena, gold is available, AW pays a lot, AQ gives a lot out, more quests are being added to get gold (I can see why you want more gold for master/uncollected which is fair enough)

But even still, stop ranking everyday otherwise your gonna run out of gold...

You can’t do as you please and then say the resources aren’t there because your blowing your load daily.

Imagine you get paid a 1960's wage to living in 2018.
This discussion has been closed.