Options

GOLD. Is it really an issue?

145791021

Comments

  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Here's my take away from this thread. If you are short on gold either you are not grinding much or you run map 6 a lot. Map 6 is meant to be cost prohibitive or more people would do it making the margins even smaller at the top. Now if you don't want to grind arena or don't have time that's a matter of priorities. I just see people asking for more gold for what they are already doing..
  • Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom

    Would you rather be right about this issue because it fits your ideology and be one of the 1500 players left in the game after everyone else quits or would you rather be on the side that wants to talk about sensible solutions to keep the game growing and evolving.

    Last year if you put in 3hrs per day in the arenas you would be able to amass a fortune in gold, now 3hrs a day is what you need to break even. People who used to put in 1hr in the arenas everyday are now being told that they need to triple that just to not go broke. Mind you going broke means that people will quit the game. Telling people if you only want to put in a few minutes a day you shouldn’t play the game is not only not constructive it’s harmful.

    The game needs a critical mass of players constantly working toward progressing, the second a player gets to the point they don’t think there is any reasonable way for them to advance, THEY QUIT, but if Kabam keeps dangling the carrot in front of them occasionall letting them take a bite, they will stick around. New players will never catch up to the players who have played the game consistently from the beginning, UNLESS Kabam is forced to rebalance the game to save it, believe me they don’t want another 12.0. A lot of players are having issues with gold, issues they didn’t have before.

    Kabam never told us what the long term effects of the first 2 Gold Realms were, but we haven’t seen those gold realms since then, so we can only guess that they didn’t like them.

    I’ve gone broke 3 times, so now I don’t play competitively any more, if a critical mass of players do what I’m doing the game will die
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    We're not going to be able to get everything we need from a few minutes of playing. Not if we want to stay on top. That's how pretty much all games work that I'm aware of. The Arena takes time. It's not the only source. It's not hard to amass Gold if you focus on that. The problem is people want to run Donations, Rank their 5*s faster than 1 or 2 a month, and not Grind to replace the Gold. No one likes having to work. Lol. We have to in order to make money.

    That's fine as your opinion. However, you are assuming a lot of things that are incorrect.
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Here's my take away from this thread. If you are short on gold either you are not grinding much or you run map 6 a lot. Map 6 is meant to be cost prohibitive or more people would do it making the margins even smaller at the top. Now if you don't want to grind arena or don't have time that's a matter of priorities. I just see people asking for more gold for what they are already doing..

    Yeah, pretty much, but also, for more ways to work to obtain gold. I've mentioned a few times how else I'd like to work to obtain gold.

    Yeah, a buff to gold means more for what you are already doing. That's basically the definition lol.
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom

    Would you rather be right about this issue because it fits your ideology and be one of the 1500 players left in the game after everyone else quits or would you rather be on the side that wants to talk about sensible solutions to keep the game growing and evolving.

    Last year if you put in 3hrs per day in the arenas you would be able to amass a fortune in gold, now 3hrs a day is what you need to break even. People who used to put in 1hr in the arenas everyday are now being told that they need to triple that just to not go broke. Mind you going broke means that people will quit the game. Telling people if you only want to put in a few minutes a day you shouldn’t play the game is not only not constructive it’s harmful.

    The game needs a critical mass of players constantly working toward progressing, the second a player gets to the point they don’t think there is any reasonable way for them to advance, THEY QUIT, but if Kabam keeps dangling the carrot in front of them occasionall letting them take a bite, they will stick around. New players will never catch up to the players who have played the game consistently from the beginning, UNLESS Kabam is forced to rebalance the game to save it, believe me they don’t want another 12.0. A lot of players are having issues with gold, issues they didn’t have before.

    Kabam never told us what the long term effects of the first 2 Gold Realms were, but we haven’t seen those gold realms since then, so we can only guess that they didn’t like them.

    I’ve gone broke 3 times, so now I don’t play competitively any more, if a critical mass of players do what I’m doing the game will die

    I agree with you here. You have to understand that you are talking to someone who doesn't have the same issues, because he isn't doing the same content. He is doing that content you mentioned from a year ago, so he is still able to amass gold. For him he sees no issue, and think he's correct because it's not effecting him currently. He is speaking from a lack of knowledge/experience. All of that is fine, but just have to point that out.

    Again, no one is answering the question of how much time investment should be enough.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Riegel wrote: »

    That's fine as your opinion. However, you are assuming a lot of things that are incorrect.
    Who’s making assumptions again? Failed narrative.
    Riegel wrote: »
    I'll say it again, I'm worried that a map 7 will come out which will cost even more, this will allow us to rank up our 6* which cost even more. The price of everything is going up, and the income of GOLD is staying the same. The only way to keep up is to sink more time. What is enough 500 rounds per arena? 750 rounds? 1000?
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Riegel wrote: »
    Again, no one is answering the question of how much time investment should be enough.
    The ammount of time you must put in is relative to what you are trying to get out. You want 6x5 you must put in enough time to support 6x5.

  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Riegel wrote: »

    That's fine as your opinion. However, you are assuming a lot of things that are incorrect.
    Who’s making assumptions again? Failed narrative.
    Riegel wrote: »
    I'll say it again, I'm worried that a map 7 will come out which will cost even more, this will allow us to rank up our 6* which cost even more. The price of everything is going up, and the income of GOLD is staying the same. The only way to keep up is to sink more time. What is enough 500 rounds per arena? 750 rounds? 1000?

    I made an assumption that the game will progress. That's a pretty safe bet, but I'm not afraid to call it an assumption. Everything else I stated is true. EDIT: Also, I never made it sound like my assumption was fact. I said I'm worried a map 7 would come and make the grind worse, not that it is and that it will.

    He stated a lot of assumptions that were blatantly false:
    1) Never said I wanted to get everything in just a few mins.
    2) Gold is hard to obtain even if you focus on it.
    3) I do want to pay donations and rank champs, but I never said I didn't want to grind to replace the gold.
    4) I never said I didn't want to work for it.

    Your false narrative thing is seriously the only rebuttal you have? #Fakenews
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Riegel wrote: »
    Again, no one is answering the question of how much time investment should be enough.
    The ammount of time you must put in is relative to what you are trying to get out. You want 6x5 you must put in enough time to support 6x5.

    Cool how much is enough for that? Yes, you can actually do the math to find out how many round on average are currently needed to afford doing map 6x5. Is it good as is? Should it be less? Should it be more?
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Riegel wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Riegel wrote: »
    Again, no one is answering the question of how much time investment should be enough.
    The ammount of time you must put in is relative to what you are trying to get out. You want 6x5 you must put in enough time to support 6x5.

    Cool how much is enough for that? Yes, you can actually do the math to find out how many round on average are currently needed to afford doing map 6x5. Is it good as is? Should it be less? Should it be more?
    By design and with intent, a lot.

    It’s good, the rewards for doing so are obviously worth it or people would not. Playing at the top requires effort and dedication if that is not worth it why are you doing it? #NoWelfare4Map6

  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Riegel wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Riegel wrote: »
    Again, no one is answering the question of how much time investment should be enough.
    The ammount of time you must put in is relative to what you are trying to get out. You want 6x5 you must put in enough time to support 6x5.

    Cool how much is enough for that? Yes, you can actually do the math to find out how many round on average are currently needed to afford doing map 6x5. Is it good as is? Should it be less? Should it be more?
    By design and with intent, a lot.

    It’s good, the rewards for doing so are obviously worth it or people would not. Playing at the top requires effort and dedication if that is not worth it why are you doing it? #NoWelfare4Map6

    I didn't say it wasn't worth it. See there you go assuming again... Tisk tisk.

    Thanks for your input. I accept your opinion on the matter.
  • Options
    I just came here to say, yes, gold is an issue.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,643 ★★★★★
    @C0atHang3r you are far more reasonable than @CoatHang3r
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,311 ★★★★★
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom

    Would you rather be right about this issue because it fits your ideology and be one of the 1500 players left in the game after everyone else quits or would you rather be on the side that wants to talk about sensible solutions to keep the game growing and evolving.

    Last year if you put in 3hrs per day in the arenas you would be able to amass a fortune in gold, now 3hrs a day is what you need to break even. People who used to put in 1hr in the arenas everyday are now being told that they need to triple that just to not go broke. Mind you going broke means that people will quit the game. Telling people if you only want to put in a few minutes a day you shouldn’t play the game is not only not constructive it’s harmful.

    The game needs a critical mass of players constantly working toward progressing, the second a player gets to the point they don’t think there is any reasonable way for them to advance, THEY QUIT, but if Kabam keeps dangling the carrot in front of them occasionall letting them take a bite, they will stick around. New players will never catch up to the players who have played the game consistently from the beginning, UNLESS Kabam is forced to rebalance the game to save it, believe me they don’t want another 12.0. A lot of players are having issues with gold, issues they didn’t have before.

    Kabam never told us what the long term effects of the first 2 Gold Realms were, but we haven’t seen those gold realms since then, so we can only guess that they didn’t like them.

    I’ve gone broke 3 times, so now I don’t play competitively any more, if a critical mass of players do what I’m doing the game will die

    First of all, that's inaccurate because not everyone has an issue with Gold. Secondly, if people are going to quit because they don't get what they want, that's a choice they make. The game IS balanced to allow Players to progress. It's scaled based on where they're at. Faster the lower you are. What you're suggesting would just make it impossible for those newer Players to progress at all because that would place the Champs, the Gold, the Cats, AND the Alphas in the hands of the higher demographic. The end result would be a system that has no Bottleneck and the Top progressing faster than anyone else in the game. The higher the Rarity of Champ, the harder it should be to Rank. That's simple design. It takes time to amass one Resource or another, and threatening to quit unless an Easy Street is added isn't really an effective means to an end. The bottom line is people are the ones choosing to focus on 5*s and ignore 4*s. Up to them 100%. A 5* is still more rare than a 4*, no matter how many we have. It will take longer to Rank. We will have to wait on something. For some groups, it's Gold they need to focus on because the Cats come easily. A few moves in AQ 5 days a week, actually. The expectation is because the Champs are more available, they shouldn't be hard to Rank.
    My TL:DR is:
    You want to play big and spend big, you have to work hard instead of blaming the design.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    C0atHang3r wrote: »
    I just came here to say, yes, gold is an issue.
    You’ve held onto that account for about a year now. Thanks for being a dedicated fan.

    P.S. Because some people have an issue with gold does not mean gold is an issue. Take this thread the premise is flawed as 6s are cheaper than 5s and map 7 isn’t something that has even been hinted at.
  • Options
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    C0atHang3r wrote: »
    I just came here to say, yes, gold is an issue.
    You’ve held onto that account for about a year now. Thanks for being a dedicated fan.

    P.S. Because some people have an issue with gold does not mean gold is an issue. Take this thread the premise is flawed as 6s are cheaper than 5s and map 7 isn’t something that has even been hinted at.

    Because someone doesn’t have an issue with gold doesn’t mean it isn’t an issue. Thread isn’t flawed 6* are more expensive. Map 7 is irrelevant.
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom

    Would you rather be right about this issue because it fits your ideology and be one of the 1500 players left in the game after everyone else quits or would you rather be on the side that wants to talk about sensible solutions to keep the game growing and evolving.

    Last year if you put in 3hrs per day in the arenas you would be able to amass a fortune in gold, now 3hrs a day is what you need to break even. People who used to put in 1hr in the arenas everyday are now being told that they need to triple that just to not go broke. Mind you going broke means that people will quit the game. Telling people if you only want to put in a few minutes a day you shouldn’t play the game is not only not constructive it’s harmful.

    The game needs a critical mass of players constantly working toward progressing, the second a player gets to the point they don’t think there is any reasonable way for them to advance, THEY QUIT, but if Kabam keeps dangling the carrot in front of them occasionall letting them take a bite, they will stick around. New players will never catch up to the players who have played the game consistently from the beginning, UNLESS Kabam is forced to rebalance the game to save it, believe me they don’t want another 12.0. A lot of players are having issues with gold, issues they didn’t have before.

    Kabam never told us what the long term effects of the first 2 Gold Realms were, but we haven’t seen those gold realms since then, so we can only guess that they didn’t like them.

    I’ve gone broke 3 times, so now I don’t play competitively any more, if a critical mass of players do what I’m doing the game will die

    First of all, that's inaccurate because not everyone has an issue with Gold. Secondly, if people are going to quit because they don't get what they want, that's a choice they make. The game IS balanced to allow Players to progress. It's scaled based on where they're at. Faster the lower you are. What you're suggesting would just make it impossible for those newer Players to progress at all because that would place the Champs, the Gold, the Cats, AND the Alphas in the hands of the higher demographic. The end result would be a system that has no Bottleneck and the Top progressing faster than anyone else in the game. The higher the Rarity of Champ, the harder it should be to Rank. That's simple design. It takes time to amass one Resource or another, and threatening to quit unless an Easy Street is added isn't really an effective means to an end. The bottom line is people are the ones choosing to focus on 5*s and ignore 4*s. Up to them 100%. A 5* is still more rare than a 4*, no matter how many we have. It will take longer to Rank. We will have to wait on something. For some groups, it's Gold they need to focus on because the Cats come easily. A few moves in AQ 5 days a week, actually. The expectation is because the Champs are more available, they shouldn't be hard to Rank.
    My TL:DR is:
    You want to play big and spend big, you have to work hard instead of blaming the design.

    Another repeat of what you've said many times already. Most is irrelevant still.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,311 ★★★★★
    Riegel wrote: »
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom

    Would you rather be right about this issue because it fits your ideology and be one of the 1500 players left in the game after everyone else quits or would you rather be on the side that wants to talk about sensible solutions to keep the game growing and evolving.

    Last year if you put in 3hrs per day in the arenas you would be able to amass a fortune in gold, now 3hrs a day is what you need to break even. People who used to put in 1hr in the arenas everyday are now being told that they need to triple that just to not go broke. Mind you going broke means that people will quit the game. Telling people if you only want to put in a few minutes a day you shouldn’t play the game is not only not constructive it’s harmful.

    The game needs a critical mass of players constantly working toward progressing, the second a player gets to the point they don’t think there is any reasonable way for them to advance, THEY QUIT, but if Kabam keeps dangling the carrot in front of them occasionall letting them take a bite, they will stick around. New players will never catch up to the players who have played the game consistently from the beginning, UNLESS Kabam is forced to rebalance the game to save it, believe me they don’t want another 12.0. A lot of players are having issues with gold, issues they didn’t have before.

    Kabam never told us what the long term effects of the first 2 Gold Realms were, but we haven’t seen those gold realms since then, so we can only guess that they didn’t like them.

    I’ve gone broke 3 times, so now I don’t play competitively any more, if a critical mass of players do what I’m doing the game will die

    First of all, that's inaccurate because not everyone has an issue with Gold. Secondly, if people are going to quit because they don't get what they want, that's a choice they make. The game IS balanced to allow Players to progress. It's scaled based on where they're at. Faster the lower you are. What you're suggesting would just make it impossible for those newer Players to progress at all because that would place the Champs, the Gold, the Cats, AND the Alphas in the hands of the higher demographic. The end result would be a system that has no Bottleneck and the Top progressing faster than anyone else in the game. The higher the Rarity of Champ, the harder it should be to Rank. That's simple design. It takes time to amass one Resource or another, and threatening to quit unless an Easy Street is added isn't really an effective means to an end. The bottom line is people are the ones choosing to focus on 5*s and ignore 4*s. Up to them 100%. A 5* is still more rare than a 4*, no matter how many we have. It will take longer to Rank. We will have to wait on something. For some groups, it's Gold they need to focus on because the Cats come easily. A few moves in AQ 5 days a week, actually. The expectation is because the Champs are more available, they shouldn't be hard to Rank.
    My TL:DR is:
    You want to play big and spend big, you have to work hard instead of blaming the design.

    Another repeat of what you've said many times already. Most is irrelevant still.

    Not at all irrelevant. It has to do with the balancing overall. You just need to look at the larger picture instead of what affects one specific group. We don't operate in a vacuum. Everything affects everything in an interdependent system.
    Of course it's repetitive. The points are the same and the subject keeps being brought up. Lol.
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Riegel wrote: »
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom

    Would you rather be right about this issue because it fits your ideology and be one of the 1500 players left in the game after everyone else quits or would you rather be on the side that wants to talk about sensible solutions to keep the game growing and evolving.

    Last year if you put in 3hrs per day in the arenas you would be able to amass a fortune in gold, now 3hrs a day is what you need to break even. People who used to put in 1hr in the arenas everyday are now being told that they need to triple that just to not go broke. Mind you going broke means that people will quit the game. Telling people if you only want to put in a few minutes a day you shouldn’t play the game is not only not constructive it’s harmful.

    The game needs a critical mass of players constantly working toward progressing, the second a player gets to the point they don’t think there is any reasonable way for them to advance, THEY QUIT, but if Kabam keeps dangling the carrot in front of them occasionall letting them take a bite, they will stick around. New players will never catch up to the players who have played the game consistently from the beginning, UNLESS Kabam is forced to rebalance the game to save it, believe me they don’t want another 12.0. A lot of players are having issues with gold, issues they didn’t have before.

    Kabam never told us what the long term effects of the first 2 Gold Realms were, but we haven’t seen those gold realms since then, so we can only guess that they didn’t like them.

    I’ve gone broke 3 times, so now I don’t play competitively any more, if a critical mass of players do what I’m doing the game will die

    First of all, that's inaccurate because not everyone has an issue with Gold. Secondly, if people are going to quit because they don't get what they want, that's a choice they make. The game IS balanced to allow Players to progress. It's scaled based on where they're at. Faster the lower you are. What you're suggesting would just make it impossible for those newer Players to progress at all because that would place the Champs, the Gold, the Cats, AND the Alphas in the hands of the higher demographic. The end result would be a system that has no Bottleneck and the Top progressing faster than anyone else in the game. The higher the Rarity of Champ, the harder it should be to Rank. That's simple design. It takes time to amass one Resource or another, and threatening to quit unless an Easy Street is added isn't really an effective means to an end. The bottom line is people are the ones choosing to focus on 5*s and ignore 4*s. Up to them 100%. A 5* is still more rare than a 4*, no matter how many we have. It will take longer to Rank. We will have to wait on something. For some groups, it's Gold they need to focus on because the Cats come easily. A few moves in AQ 5 days a week, actually. The expectation is because the Champs are more available, they shouldn't be hard to Rank.
    My TL:DR is:
    You want to play big and spend big, you have to work hard instead of blaming the design.

    Another repeat of what you've said many times already. Most is irrelevant still.

    Not at all irrelevant. It has to do with the balancing overall. You just need to look at the larger picture instead of what affects one specific group. We don't operate in a vacuum. Everything affects everything in an interdependent system.
    Of course it's repetitive. The points are the same and the subject keeps being brought up. Lol.

    You are speaking about balance, you don't know whats intended. They've changed the sources you can spend gold, but not gain gold. Maybe they change it. You speak as if you know.

    No matter what you change it will effect a small group.

    What does a vacuum have to do with anything? lol

    We know your position. Thanks for your input. You think it's ok as is.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,311 ★★★★★
    How have they changed the sources you can spend Gold?
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    How have they changed the sources you can spend Gold?

    When you add a new rarity of champ, you've added a new avenue to spend gold.

  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,311 ★★★★★
    Adding a new Rarity doesn't literally change the value of the others. That's the point that people are missing. Yes, it's a new way to spend. 6*s will take more to Rank than 5*s, 5*s more than 4*s. That's how it works.
    There is a misconception that because people think 5* is the new 4*, somehow the in-game value and Rarity should reflect that. Adding another Rarity has no literal effect on the value in terms of Ranking and where it stands among other Rarities. That's a matter of preference. It's not the same as an iPhone where they lower the price of the 7 because the 8 and the X are released. A 5* is still as rare as it was. There's just one added higher up. That's the whole point I've been making in these discussions. People have their own value they've placed on 5*s now that 6*s are introduced. There is a difference between how we personally value Champs and what they're actually worth within the framework of the game.
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    If the argument is 6* champs are cheaper well that's wrong. You can look at them as cheaper for the strength value of the champ which is a different argument. My argument has always been total cost. If you say just level 6* instead of 5* and save the gold, then you are basically saying all the lesser rarities are dead content. I disagree with having to bypass all my 5* to save a little gold.

    If the argument is map 6 is cost prohibitive then yeah I agree. I could leave my alliance join one doing map 3 - 5 continue my same gold grind, make a ton of gold, rank everything I want until I run out of catalyst resources, and have to join a top tier alliance again. Then, I have to find an alliance with an open spot which will be extremely hard now with AW seasons. I disagree with having to do this.

    If the argument is just rank up slower then fine you are ok with everything as it is now. I just don't agree.
  • Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom

    Would you rather be right about this issue because it fits your ideology and be one of the 1500 players left in the game after everyone else quits or would you rather be on the side that wants to talk about sensible solutions to keep the game growing and evolving.

    Last year if you put in 3hrs per day in the arenas you would be able to amass a fortune in gold, now 3hrs a day is what you need to break even. People who used to put in 1hr in the arenas everyday are now being told that they need to triple that just to not go broke. Mind you going broke means that people will quit the game. Telling people if you only want to put in a few minutes a day you shouldn’t play the game is not only not constructive it’s harmful.

    The game needs a critical mass of players constantly working toward progressing, the second a player gets to the point they don’t think there is any reasonable way for them to advance, THEY QUIT, but if Kabam keeps dangling the carrot in front of them occasionall letting them take a bite, they will stick around. New players will never catch up to the players who have played the game consistently from the beginning, UNLESS Kabam is forced to rebalance the game to save it, believe me they don’t want another 12.0. A lot of players are having issues with gold, issues they didn’t have before.

    Kabam never told us what the long term effects of the first 2 Gold Realms were, but we haven’t seen those gold realms since then, so we can only guess that they didn’t like them.

    I’ve gone broke 3 times, so now I don’t play competitively any more, if a critical mass of players do what I’m doing the game will die

    First of all, that's inaccurate because not everyone has an issue with Gold. Secondly, if people are going to quit because they don't get what they want, that's a choice they make. The game IS balanced to allow Players to progress. It's scaled based on where they're at. Faster the lower you are. What you're suggesting would just make it impossible for those newer Players to progress at all because that would place the Champs, the Gold, the Cats, AND the Alphas in the hands of the higher demographic. The end result would be a system that has no Bottleneck and the Top progressing faster than anyone else in the game. The higher the Rarity of Champ, the harder it should be to Rank. That's simple design. It takes time to amass one Resource or another, and threatening to quit unless an Easy Street is added isn't really an effective means to an end. The bottom line is people are the ones choosing to focus on 5*s and ignore 4*s. Up to them 100%. A 5* is still more rare than a 4*, no matter how many we have. It will take longer to Rank. We will have to wait on something. For some groups, it's Gold they need to focus on because the Cats come easily. A few moves in AQ 5 days a week, actually. The expectation is because the Champs are more available, they shouldn't be hard to Rank.
    My TL:DR is:
    You want to play big and spend big, you have to work hard instead of blaming the design.

    This whole post misses the point completely and has nothing to do with the actual issue is or what players are a talking about.

    How would getting rid of the 2400 gold crystal and replacing it with a 5000 crystal prevent newer player from progressing. I mean really what are you talking about.

    Kabam’s job as a developer isn’t to only keep 1% of their gamers happy, but they need to keep a critical mass interested, if that critical mass quits, then the 1% no longer have a game to play, I know you understand this.

    How many people do you think wouldn’t even bother downloading the game if Kabam put in their App Store Page (Minimum time required 5hrs per day) This is basically what you are saying.

    Are you going on the record as to saying that 5hrs per day is the minimum amount of time required to progress in the game. Not one of the people saying gold isn’t a problem has stated how much time is a reasonable amount of time to play the arenas to break even. This is the only thing people want to know, but all you and others have are Crickets or some other word salad to avoid actually saying this is what you need to do if you want to progress.

    I also see the other side, slowing down the rank up of 5* Champs helps keep the 4* champs relevant a bit longer. The introduction of 6* is more than likely a prelude to harder content to come, so telling players to not get ready ignores the history of the game.

    As I have said before Kabam has the data, they know exactly how much time we spend in the arenas and how much gold we have. If no changes are made a lot of alliances will dissolve, others will replace experienced players with inexperienced players. The top of the game will consolidate more, less staff at Kabam will be needed, the YouTube stars will move on to other games (some are doing that already) and former players will discourage new players from even bothering with the game if you don’t have 30hrs per week to give to it.

    I’ve met some of the Kabam team and i think they are awesome, I think the community that has sprung up around the game is amazing, so let’s try not to ruin a good thing by discouraging people from playing the game. Let’s do the opposite and try to get as many people playing as possible, we all benefit from that.
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Adding a new Rarity doesn't literally change the value of the others. That's the point that people are missing. Yes, it's a new way to spend. 6*s will take more to Rank than 5*s, 5*s more than 4*s. That's how it works.
    There is a misconception that because people think 5* is the new 4*, somehow the in-game value and Rarity should reflect that. Adding another Rarity has no literal effect on the value in terms of Ranking and where it stands among other Rarities. That's a matter of preference. It's not the same as an iPhone where they lower the price of the 7 because the 8 and the X are released. A 5* is still as rare as it was. There's just one added higher up. That's the whole point I've been making in these discussions. People have their own value they've placed on 5*s now that 6*s are introduced. There is a difference between how we personally value Champs and what they're actually worth within the framework of the game.

    Your entire post here is flawed. No where have I mentioned 5* being the new 4* or anything like that. They've added a new way to consume gold with no new way to earn it. I never said anything about it changing the values of any other rarity. You've made this misconception up on your own.
  • Options
    Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    Gold been an issue for almost a year now. Everytime someone brings it up someone says grind arena which aint really a solution. Increasing the gold reward amount wont kill anyone.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,850 Guardian
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    Kabam’s job as a developer isn’t to only keep 1% of their gamers happy, but they need to keep a critical mass interested, if that critical mass quits, then the 1% no longer have a game to play, I know you understand this.

    This is probably not the best argument to make, as the gold crunch is mostly affecting the 1%, not the 99%.
  • Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    @DNA3000

    It more acutely effects the people are highest levels, but as I said i went broke 3 times and I’m far from being in the 1% of players. Had I not ranked up my champs I would not have a roster to do the arenas with. My mistake was in how I started the game when I my base rating was low this was the time to grind the arena and build gold and Battle chips I knew quite a number of players who were having issues with gold before the explosion of 5* champs and I would say about half of the people who think they have enough gold don’t.

    If you are reading this and you have less than 7M in gold, you don’t have enough. Absent one of those early gold realms you will have to hit as many milestones as possible every single week for at least 3-4 months without ranking up. 1M Battle chips will get you 2M in gold
This discussion has been closed.