Options

GOLD. Is it really an issue?

13468921

Comments

  • Options
    Stara99Stara99 Posts: 425 ★★
    MU313 wrote: »
    Basically the economy of this game is the same as real life. Inflation has happened and wages have stayed the same.
    In real life we all deal with it. In a game its dumb af.

    Also I don't see why people with loads of gold hate the idea of having more gold for doing nothing extra, if you have loads it should be irrelevant to you. It is like you just want to see the people with lives and stuff to do (which is by far the majority) to be punished for it whilst you sit on your " play arena and get loads of gold " high horse, sorry but screw you.

    If we were given more gold elsewhere then it would alleviate the need to do 4 hours of arena grinding every day not invalidate it. Those that still do arenas after that are going for the champ not just going for the gold grind and that would make the cut offs lower possibly.

    Getting 4 hours back daily is an absurd amount of time and I am sure all of your wives/husbands, boyfriends/girlfriends, kids, friends, coworkers and yourselves would like it lot more than staring at a screen just to earn some in game gold.

    So in short. You get more gold period, You can grind arena way less and still get the champs you want (if you still want to rather than needing to regardless) and you can get more of your life back, why are you fighting against this? What is wrong with you people.

    P.s This was written better the first time but I had to re-write because our lovely mods deleted my post. too much truth I am talking for their liking.

    Maybe telling people screw you got it deleted. Anyways this wouldn’t lower the cutoffs. People end up with gold as a after effect because they grinded for the champ. It’s been said a few times people didn’t want their efforts discounted after earning the gold.
  • Options
    I humbly request kabam developers for gold realms. I'm a top tier player currently in a semi-active alliance and very well understand what you do and why you do it. Our entertainment is your business and that's how you think about everything in this game. I don't want to indulge in any argument about whether you're right or wrong about gold related decisions you make. But fact is I'm a working professional and have a family and often I don't get time to grind in arena in working days and most weekends when family is around.
    Now, I don't mind grinding it out once in a while. But here's another thing, grinding in arena is pain. It's not user friendly at all. You did some changes in arena sometime back. Made it little less painful, but it's not enough to be honest. Arena should be a one touch play as soon as you get into the game. Player should be allowed to lay all champs for fight/ fix all streaks and then play continuous fights. Auto help option should be there. I'm sorry but nobody cares the stats about who threw how many punches or the really cool heroic animation at the end of the fight. even special 3 animations, and fight against summoner choice page is just time consuming when player is on a steamroll in arena. There are many more changes community can suggest which I'm sure are doable on your end. I'll be glad to see those changes made, but sadly we all know the truth.
    Hence, because of slow and monotonous nature of arena many people like me can't do it. So, gold realms is the only option left. The other options for gold like aq, aw, other quests, events and selling iso don't give much gold. It's a fast paced game and that much gold is not enough. I don't wish to bring into the light the reasons behind this gold crunch that many including me are facing. Discussion on topics such as aw flip flops, rdt, new champs with insane abilities etc. will throw us off the topic. I'm not the kind of player who wishes to rankup each and every champ, but one has to rank up essential champs for progression and the cost of ranking up a 5* and map 6 is huge. Bottomline is Gold shortage is there and that's the fact and if this is not addressed soon, people will start losing interest due to slow progression.
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Riegel wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Riegel wrote: »
    I'll say it again for the 10th time. I'm worried that a map 7 will come out which will cost even more, this will provide mats to rank up our 6* which cost even more. The price of everything is going up, and the income of GOLD is staying relatively the same.
    So the issue is you are afraid that something might happen (map7) without an increase in gold availability? That doesn’t support gold being an issue and is just an unfounded fear. What a waste of time.

    P.s. gold is more available and has increased. If you choose to trivialize and minimize that to support a victim mentality....

    1) Yes, progression of the game WILL happen, so it's not a "might happen."
    2) 6* are already here and cost more, so that's happening now.
    3) It does support gold being an issue.
    4) You're posts are a waste of time.
    5) Gold has not changed in any meaningful way.
    6) you say a lot of meaningless things for no reason. I don't have a victims mentality I'm simply stating gold is hard to keep up with and I'd like it not to get harder. :)
    1)Again just making things up. Will the game progress? Uh yeah and resources will be tuned to changes.

    2)6s cost less for their CR equivalent. Even cheaper when you factor earnings over time and the increas in materials.

    3)No, something that is not planned and has not happened does not support gold being an issue now.

    4)I agree I’m wasiting time, if I’m tying to influence your thought process. However this is a public forum that is open for anyone to read andnform an opinion.

    5) Again you trivialize gold increases within the game, i suggest again its done to support imagined victimhood which “strengthens” a flawed position. Try tivializing this one, Gold realms. They’ve been a thing and awarded huge ammounts of gold.

    6)No you are making things up, denying reality and crafting a false narrative in which you are somehow put upon by running the most expenise AQ which is designed to be cost prohibitive.


    1) Didn't make anything up. So, you agree gold will change? Then, why argue that it shouldn't?
    2) 6* cost more.
    3) You have no idea about what is planned or not planned. Neither do I, but the game WILL progress and it is progressing.
    4)Feel free to post.
    5) I didn't trivialize them. They ARE trivial increases. No one is a victim you've made that up yourself. It's an opinion not a flawed position. Gold realms are great everyone loves them. Why? Because they give much needed gold!
    6) I made nothing up, I don't deny reality, I have no false narrative. Map 6 is expensive I agree.
  • Options
    Stara99Stara99 Posts: 425 ★★
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    Stara99 wrote: »
    I’ll just agree with kabam miike’s statement. Everyone has a bottleneck. You lack gold but have the cats and basics. I’m swimming in gold with everything is ranked to at least 3/30 and about half of my 5* 2/35 or better but my problem is alphas/t4b. If everyone got what they wanted then everyone would be sitting with everything maxed and kabam making no money. We would then be without a game.

    For the millionth time... your swimming with gold because you spend hours upon days upon weeks in the arena. People with any bit of responsibility in life are not in the same boat as you. Kthxbye

    Once a week we can grind out a T1A or a T4B which is a huge step towards ranking up. Nothing like it at all in regards to gold. Imbalance. Argue all you want. Imbalance. Just because you don’t have the problem, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist with in the larger community. All other resources have options to focus on via gameplay with minimal time consumption. AW and AQ are what? 30 min in a day? It’s just math and if your arguing to the contrary, kids go back to algebra...

    Hmm I guess my sense of responsibility must be bad. College degree,house paid for, car paid for, high Salary, decent life and good profile. All you do is bash anyone who doesn’t have your ideology. I got to where I’m at because I progressed through the game over 3 years. You can’t talk about anyone else especially me. You felt you had to comment because I agreed with @Kabam Miike statement. 👏👏👏bravo. @Riegel I guess he is talking about you also since I did the same amount of matches for 12 mil like you and milestones in 4*.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,643 ★★★★★
    I'll never have enough T1 alphas to be low on gold lol. I think almost everyone but @CoatHang3r would like to see more gold and alphas. For some reason he has made keeping the bottleneck his mission.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    I'll never have enough T1 alphas to be low on gold lol. I think almost everyone but @CoatHang3r would like to see more gold and alphas. For some reason he has made keeping the bottleneck his mission.
    There will always be a bottleneck. If you need a scapegoat I’m as good as any other delusion.
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    I'll never have enough T1 alphas to be low on gold lol. I think almost everyone but @CoatHang3r would like to see more gold and alphas. For some reason he has made keeping the bottleneck his mission.
    There will always be a bottleneck. If you need a scapegoat I’m as good as any other delusion.

    Never able to post without an insult :D
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,643 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    I'll never have enough T1 alphas to be low on gold lol. I think almost everyone but @CoatHang3r would like to see more gold and alphas. For some reason he has made keeping the bottleneck his mission.
    There will always be a bottleneck. If you need a scapegoat I’m as good as any other delusion.

    I don't agree. I do agree with your description of yourself as a delusion, but there are way better delusions out there.
  • Options
    DreggwatzDreggwatz Posts: 13
    IDK why you're low on gold. I'm always around 15M. I don't do that much arena, only milestones except 5*.
    And I'm donating gold for a teammate too... gold is the last thing I'm short on!
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Dreggwatz wrote: »
    IDK why you're low on gold. I'm always around 15M. I don't do that much arena, only milestones except 5*.
    And I'm donating gold for a teammate too... gold is the last thing I'm short on!

    I'm not low on gold I stay at around 2 million. I'm not able to amass gold by current avenues to do anything but afford aq costs, and enough rank ups for milestone 4 of the Level up solo event.

    IMO gold should become more obtainable as the areas in which you can spend it increase.

    Some wont be short on gold as they will be doing lower cost content. For example map1-5 in AQ or leveling 4* champs.

    Brian Grant came out with a good video that showcases how to better use your resources, and that you can sell iso and cats for gold. What this shows me is that there is an imbalance in resources. We shouldn't have 3000+ T3 class catalyst fragment crystals or 300+ T3 class catalyst crystals. We shouldn't have to open those crystals to turn around and sell those materials for gold.

    Now some will say it'll be harder for newcomers to rank up if they nerf those rewards. Well that's untrue as well. T3C can easily be farmed in a weekly event quest, gold cannot. Do we need a weekly gold quest? IDK but IMO we do need something. It could be a weekly event quest just like every type of catalyst has, It could be its own arena, it could be as simple as replacing the imbalanced resources in solo event quests with more gold.
  • Options
    WayntosWayntos Posts: 596 ★★
    Is it the lack of patients not gold!! So your champs are not amped up, you just got to use strategy and skill not brute force to beat your opponent. I know everyone wants their Blade, Hyperion or whoever 5/5 NOW but isn't the game about the grind. I've been playing about 3yrs only have a fraction of the champs most people that been playing for 2 or less, I just choose not to purchase anything. The gold realm will be here before you know it with all the complaining, it just taking advantage of it the gold realm when it appears. So the next gen players can complain about not enough gold.
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Wayntos wrote: »
    Is it the lack of patients not gold!! So your champs are not amped up, you just got to use strategy and skill not brute force to beat your opponent. I know everyone wants their Blade, Hyperion or whoever 5/5 NOW but isn't the game about the grind. I've been playing about 3yrs only have a fraction of the champs most people that been playing for 2 or less, I just choose not to purchase anything. The gold realm will be here before you know it with all the complaining, it just taking advantage of it the gold realm when it appears. So the next gen players can complain about not enough gold.

    You're complaining about the gold posts, but saying the gold post will bring about a gold realm? So, without the gold posts we will not see the gold realm? Sounds like we need more gold posts by that logic lol.

    It really has nothing to do with lack of patients. My champs are amped up. I use strategy and skill as well as brute force for content. I have my Blade at 5/50. Now we reach the real point yes, the game is about the grind. The question is how much grind should be enough? What's too much? I grind a lot for what I have. It is my belief at my current rate of grinding I should be getting more (just my opinion).
  • Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    @Wayntos

    Nothing happens in a vacuum. People want to rank up their champs because they want to strengthen their alliances. They want to spend less money or units on revives and potions so they can help their alliance score more points.

    With the rewards being so skewed in AW some players are being kicked for not having strong enough champs.

    So many players are complaining about hitting a bottleneck with gold but the bottleneck is not about gold not being available but the idea of having to spend 2-3hrs per day just to break even and 5+ hours per day to get ahead.

    No one saying gold is not a problem is willing to go on the record to say how much time per day is a reasonable amount to spend only doing arena.
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    @Blax4ever exactly. I play so much as is to break even. I feel I play too much, but what is enough? No one will answer.

    I think 2-3 hours a day is more than enough. Again, that's my opinion
  • Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    @Riegel

    2-3hrs a day should be more than enough and before the explosion of 5*s and Act 5 2-3hrs a day would have amassed you a fortune in gold, now it’s about break even and if you do less you’ll go broke.

    I just wish that some of these players would put aside whatever ideology they have about life and understand that this game is a social game and if enough players quit playing the game’s internal society will trump the game’s economy and all of their gold will be worthless because the game will shut down.

    I’m pretty confident Kabam will come up with something to address the issue no matter what the nay sayers say. Or players will quit. However a simple fix would be to replace the 2400 gold crystal with a 5k it would immediately increase the amount of gold from the arena and cut down on the break even time.
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Yeah, I just wish Kabam would give us any response other than, "let the game tune itself."

    If that's the tone from Kabam on the forums why have a community team at all.

    They say they will be more transparent, but that's as non-transparent as it gets.

    A simple, "We are looking into it" and "We've decided it's ok as is." or "We've decided to make some changes, and will update you when we know more."

    However, we are still waiting on synergies in AW with no update since Jan 9th from Kabam wolf and Feb 26th from Kabam Miike. The lack of communication between Kabam and the community is really turning me off (my opinion). I personally just have a lack of faith in the community team at the moment. So many things slipping through the cracks. Same deal with AW matchmaking leading into the start of season 1.

    That's my little off topic rant. I wish there was more discussion between Kabam and the community. That way we'd at least know Kabam's position instead of having to make posts, battle the forum trolls (who side with Kabam no matter what) and getting no real information.
  • Options
    WayntosWayntos Posts: 596 ★★
    @Blax4ever Maybe you can start your own alliance be more friendly and understanding of the gold situation to your members. Don't get me wrong it does suck, I was in the exact same position with gold at one time, but when the gold is here and you load up, no more post about gold from you but then the next gen come in and starts the gold issue all over again. This is a never ending struggle and its been that way from the beginning.


    Let me ask this to everyone who posted about the gold issue. How many actually have a gold mastery with a point or two on it??? Maybe if the boost was worth putting a point or two on it would you for gold? Would you sacrifice a critical mastery, parry or whatever mastery for gold? I'd say most would, say no. Maybe Kabam needs to make it worth putting mastery point on it.

    @Riegel all this game is a big time waster one big grind no end until you quit or it goes down. What's too much grind is entirely up to you. it is just a game after all.

    Best of luck guys!! The struggle is real!

  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    @Wayntos people will keep coming back and posting until Kabam fixes the issue. They have given us an amazing band-aid for the issue with the old gold realm, a much less good baid-aid with the newer halls of fortune. Until the problem is solved, and not "band-aided' people will keep talking about it at times.

    On your reply to me. The question is how much should be needed. Obviously I can play as much or as little as needed, but what does the community feel is an amount worthy of top tier play, or just for progression in general. We all know what's required for us to maintain now, but are you happy with that? Would you rather do 200 rounds in arena as opposed to 300 rounds? Would you want to do more rounds for the same rewards to potentially block others out of top tier? IMO I think 300 rounds in arena should carry me a little further. That's just me though.

    Yes, the struggle is real.
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Also, the gold masteries are awful, but I have put them on when popping all the crystals I've hoarded. Other than that no I would never sacrifice anything to have those on all the time.
  • Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    Wayntos wrote: »
    @Blax4ever

    Let me ask this to everyone who posted about the gold issue. How many actually have a gold mastery with a point or two on it??? Maybe if the boost was worth putting a point or two on it would you for gold? Would you sacrifice a critical mastery, parry or whatever mastery for gold? I'd say most would, say no. Maybe Kabam needs to make it worth putting mastery point on it.

    @Wayntos

    Kabam named the mastery “Pittance” and maxing it out will give you 2% more gold, so in math talk that’s 20 extra gold for every 1000 gold collected, 200 extra gold for every 10,000 and 20,000 for every Million.

    If Kabam upped the mastery to 40% people would sacrifice Mastery Points because they could always redo their mastery after they had enough gold. A much simpler fix is to change the 2400 crystal to 5000

    As far as your comment about starting my own alliance sympathetic to the gold situation, let me ask you how does that help situation. If a critical mass of players stopped trying to progress in the game, THE GAME WOULD DIE, or even worse Kabam would do something dramatic to even the playing field in the game. People have jobs because we play this game. I’m sure you didn’t think this whole thing through.

    Again how much time is reasonable in your opinion for the AVERAGE player to spend in the arena to earn enough gold to BREAK EVEN. Right now it’s a minimum of 15-21 hours per week, that’s a part time job to BREAK EVEN and it’s even more time if you are behind. Maybe you don’t understand but this is not sustainable the end result is people will QUIT.

    GOLD IS NOT A RESOURCE BOTTLENECK IT IS A TIME BOTTLENECK
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,310 ★★★★★
    That's how a Bottleneck works. It takes time.
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    That's how a Bottleneck works. It takes time.

    You're using time in two different ways which can confuse readers @GroundedWisdom .

    One requires you to wait time, for example you can get two catalysts every 7 days, but spend only a few mins in game for that reward.

    With gold you are looking at grinding hours a day. Your in-game play time is much greater.

    Both are bottle necks, both take time, but both are very different.
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    I'd much rather the out of game time bottlenecks :D
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,310 ★★★★★
    Time and effort. You're putting in effort for those Cats as well. It just so happens there's an abundance for some Allies because they've maximized the payout using Prestige.
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    The fact is gold is the most time consuming resource to obtain. In terms of play time. most can do AQ and AW with just a few mins game play. Most can do event quest with just a few mins of game play. Proving grounds, daily quests just a few mins of game play.

    Gold? hours and hours and hours. The bottle neck for gold is not how long can you wait. It's how much time can you throw at it.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,310 ★★★★★
    We're not going to be able to get everything we need from a few minutes of playing. Not if we want to stay on top. That's how pretty much all games work that I'm aware of. The Arena takes time. It's not the only source. It's not hard to amass Gold if you focus on that. The problem is people want to run Donations, Rank their 5*s faster than 1 or 2 a month, and not Grind to replace the Gold. No one likes having to work. Lol. We have to in order to make money.
This discussion has been closed.