**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

GOLD. Is it really an issue?

Comments

• Options
    charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    Yes it is not,But,It is also an issue for people with MONSTROUS donations
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    @DNA3000

It more acutely effects the people are highest levels, but as I said i went broke 3 times and in far from being in the 1% of players. Had I not ranked up my champs I would not have a roster to do the arenas with. My mistake was in how I started the game when I my base rating was low this was the time to grind the arena and build gold and Battle chips I knew quite a number of players who were having issues with gold before the explosion of 5* champs and I would say about half of the people who think they have enough gold don’t.

If you are reading this and you have less than 7M in gold, you don’t have enough. Absent one of those early gold realms you will have to hit as many milestones as possible every single week for at least 3-4 months without ranking up. 1M Battle chips will get you 2M in gold

I was being a bit metaphorical, but the gold crunch isn't specifically affecting the *top* any percent of players, it is affecting a small percentage of them that aren't necessarily compacted at the literal top. Its really primarily a problem for players ranking up multiple 5* champions, which is probably less than 20% of all players. Of them, it is only affecting players that a) don't grind arena enough or burn resources inefficiently, or b) rank more indiscriminately. I suspect that number is in fact between 1% and 5% of all players that play the game.

Anyone in the top 20% of players could be affected, but most of them are likely not.

Obviously the top 20% aren’t effected, they’re the top because they’ve committed hours a day to grinding to maintain their in game lifestyle. Most are doing map 6, some map 5 and still more chasing prestige.

Numerically speaking, that's unlikely. There are probably either about or over a million players in the game now (we know there were well over a million accounts when Kabam released statistics about Rocket's button) which makes the top 20% of players somewhere near or over 200k players. Even assuming many alliances are not full and many top 20% players are not in an alliance or in an alliance much lower than their own player level that still represents a number over 5000 alliances worth of players. There are fewer alliances in the expert bracket than that. Outside the expert bracket you're more likely to be out of rank up catalysts than gold.

My guess is only the top 1000 alliances or fewer are doing map 6 with any frequency and that's at most 30k players. At best, the map 6 players are less than 3% of all players.

I had stated map 5 and 6. Most everyone is missing the point here. Those who don’t obsessively grind, need gold. Not millions in free gold. Just a 10-15% bump from arena crystals or whatever. Those who grind, run map 5-6 in AQ grind to maintain a higher level of competition in AQ and the by product is more gold than they may need or at least much more to rank. The bottle neck will always be T4CCs. Always. It’s not a bottleneck for map 5-6 AQ players but again, they’re playing MUCH more than most. If Kabam gave me 5 mill in gold, I could rank up one 5* from R3-4. After that... grind for more T4Bs. Like most short on gold, people aren’t going to add 50-100k to their account suddenly. That’s just nonsense. If they had plenty of all the other resources they’d obviously be playing at a higher level, grinding arena. I appreciate many of your comments and posts, 99% I’m in agreement with you but I honestly think your biased based on your own experience.

It doesn't cost 5 million to go from r3 to r4.
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    That's not an apt analogy. Quite extreme, actually. Comparing that to having to Grind for Gold is pretty dramatic and dark.

Then I suppose it was worth deleting. Extreme, dramatic, and dark statement, have no place in a public debate.

I'm all for a good analogy, but it may have been a bit far. Lol.
    Tnkiller wrote: »
    The lack of gold in this game is too real... I just completed the 5* bishop arena placeing 15th, that was 46 million points. After spinning all of the battlechips I was only given enough gold to take him up to rank 2. Since then I've been saving gold from everything else in the game(no time for arena at the moment, life doesn't allow) and I just final collected enough to max him out at rank 3. At this rate with alliance donation, it will take weeks to be able to rank him up to rank 4.

Something seriously needs to be done, after playing arena for 3 days straight and not getting enough gold to rank up the champion you just grinded for is ridiculous..

Anyone who says gold isn't an issue either has no life or truly isn't an end game play that has 5 and 6*s to rank up

Man you better git in dat arena and grind like a Russian stripper, you’re just lazy, what you could only score 46M one guy did 100M and even had time to use the bathroom.

According to some very knowledgeable players only about 50 people are having gold issues.

All kidding aside, 46M is impressive great job.

You hit the nail on the head, the grinding isn’t rewarding. Drop after drop in the bucket, it’s mundane. And with that level of effort, tens of millions of points ... little gold.

If you're Grinding one Arena, perhaps. I do at least 3 when I'm farming for Gold. Sometimes 4 or 5. Hitting a Milestone or two in each per Round yields a fair amount of BCs.
    To be honest, something is going to require effort, whether the Arena or not. The game takes work. Logging on to collect the Calendar and make a couple moves is not enough to progress very far.

Wait wait wait, you think hitting 1 or 2 milestone in up to 5 arenas in 3 days gets you a fair amount looooool. Enough said
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    That's not an apt analogy. Quite extreme, actually. Comparing that to having to Grind for Gold is pretty dramatic and dark.

Then I suppose it was worth deleting. Extreme, dramatic, and dark statement, have no place in a public debate.

I'm all for a good analogy, but it may have been a bit far. Lol.
    Tnkiller wrote: »
    The lack of gold in this game is too real... I just completed the 5* bishop arena placeing 15th, that was 46 million points. After spinning all of the battlechips I was only given enough gold to take him up to rank 2. Since then I've been saving gold from everything else in the game(no time for arena at the moment, life doesn't allow) and I just final collected enough to max him out at rank 3. At this rate with alliance donation, it will take weeks to be able to rank him up to rank 4.

Something seriously needs to be done, after playing arena for 3 days straight and not getting enough gold to rank up the champion you just grinded for is ridiculous..

Anyone who says gold isn't an issue either has no life or truly isn't an end game play that has 5 and 6*s to rank up

Man you better git in dat arena and grind like a Russian stripper, you’re just lazy, what you could only score 46M one guy did 100M and even had time to use the bathroom.

According to some very knowledgeable players only about 50 people are having gold issues.

All kidding aside, 46M is impressive great job.

You hit the nail on the head, the grinding isn’t rewarding. Drop after drop in the bucket, it’s mundane. And with that level of effort, tens of millions of points ... little gold.

If you're Grinding one Arena, perhaps. I do at least 3 when I'm farming for Gold. Sometimes 4 or 5. Hitting a Milestone or two in each per Round yields a fair amount of BCs.
    To be honest, something is going to require effort, whether the Arena or not. The game takes work. Logging on to collect the Calendar and make a couple moves is not enough to progress very far.

Wait wait wait, you think hitting 1 or 2 milestone in up to 5 arenas in 3 days gets you a fair amount looooool. Enough said

I believe I said per Round. I do at least that per Recharge. Sometimes more depending on how much time I have.
  • Options
    Yes per arena round, arenas come around in 3 days events
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    Yes per arena round, arenas come around in 3 days events

Depends on what you call a Round. Both could be I suppose.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    DaMunk wrote: »
    @DNA3000

It more acutely effects the people are highest levels, but as I said i went broke 3 times and in far from being in the 1% of players. Had I not ranked up my champs I would not have a roster to do the arenas with. My mistake was in how I started the game when I my base rating was low this was the time to grind the arena and build gold and Battle chips I knew quite a number of players who were having issues with gold before the explosion of 5* champs and I would say about half of the people who think they have enough gold don’t.

If you are reading this and you have less than 7M in gold, you don’t have enough. Absent one of those early gold realms you will have to hit as many milestones as possible every single week for at least 3-4 months without ranking up. 1M Battle chips will get you 2M in gold

I was being a bit metaphorical, but the gold crunch isn't specifically affecting the *top* any percent of players, it is affecting a small percentage of them that aren't necessarily compacted at the literal top. Its really primarily a problem for players ranking up multiple 5* champions, which is probably less than 20% of all players. Of them, it is only affecting players that a) don't grind arena enough or burn resources inefficiently, or b) rank more indiscriminately. I suspect that number is in fact between 1% and 5% of all players that play the game.

Anyone in the top 20% of players could be affected, but most of them are likely not.

Obviously the top 20% aren’t effected, they’re the top because they’ve committed hours a day to grinding to maintain their in game lifestyle. Most are doing map 6, some map 5 and still more chasing prestige.

Numerically speaking, that's unlikely. There are probably either about or over a million players in the game now (we know there were well over a million accounts when Kabam released statistics about Rocket's button) which makes the top 20% of players somewhere near or over 200k players. Even assuming many alliances are not full and many top 20% players are not in an alliance or in an alliance much lower than their own player level that still represents a number over 5000 alliances worth of players. There are fewer alliances in the expert bracket than that. Outside the expert bracket you're more likely to be out of rank up catalysts than gold.

My guess is only the top 1000 alliances or fewer are doing map 6 with any frequency and that's at most 30k players. At best, the map 6 players are less than 3% of all players.

I had stated map 5 and 6. Most everyone is missing the point here. Those who don’t obsessively grind, need gold. Not millions in free gold. Just a 10-15% bump from arena crystals or whatever. Those who grind, run map 5-6 in AQ grind to maintain a higher level of competition in AQ and the by product is more gold than they may need or at least much more to rank. The bottle neck will always be T4CCs. Always. It’s not a bottleneck for map 5-6 AQ players but again, they’re playing MUCH more than most. If Kabam gave me 5 mill in gold, I could rank up one 5* from R3-4. After that... grind for more T4Bs. Like most short on gold, people aren’t going to add 50-100k to their account suddenly. That’s just nonsense. If they had plenty of all the other resources they’d obviously be playing at a higher level, grinding arena. I appreciate many of your comments and posts, 99% I’m in agreement with you but I honestly think your biased based on your own experience.

Swing.... and miss.

You clearly lacked understanding of the point or lacked the capacity to comprehend. The point was no one is asking for free gold, just a slight increase. Even if they dumped 5 mill of gold into my account, I’d only be able to rank ONE champ and then a few weeks before I could rank ANOTHER champ. Is that with in your comprehension?
    Something is seriously wrong on your end as with 5m you could take 4 5s to r4 from r1. Either contact support or educate yourself on the costs envovled
  • Options
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    @DNA3000

Swing.... and miss.

You clearly lacked understanding of the point or lacked the capacity to comprehend. The point was no one is asking for free gold, just a slight increase. Even if they dumped 5 mill of gold into my account, I’d only be able to rank ONE champ and then a few weeks before I could rank ANOTHER champ. Is that with in your comprehension?
    Something is seriously wrong on your end as with 5m you could take 4 5s to r4 from r1. Either contact support or educate yourself on the costs envovled

Are you hindered mentally in some way that restricts you from understanding that those not devoting their lives to MCOC will have other bottlenecks to ranking up and that was my point? The point is that what’s needed is a slight increase. Troll on...
    Not in the slighest, im guessing you have a hard time conveying a point. So your point is there are bottlenecks with every resource? Good thing the one resource that is actually farmable happens to be gold. So it takes you weeks to gather other resources to r4? Sounds like plenty of time to obtain the neccessary gold to do so.

• Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    @_ASDF_

When i see that Mr arena grinder himself (Brian Grant) only has 6M in gold when last year he had about 13M, it’s obvious there’s a problem.
  • Options
    @DNA3000

Swing.... and miss.

Are you hindered mentally in some way that restricts you from understanding that those not devoting their lives to MCOC will have other bottlenecks to ranking up and that was my point? The point is that what’s needed is a slight increase. Troll on...
    Not in the slighest, im guessing you have a hard time conveying a point. So your point is there are bottlenecks with every resource? Good thing the one resource that is actually farmable happens to be gold. So it takes you weeks to gather other resources to r4? Sounds like plenty of time to obtain the neccessary gold to do so.

Pretty easy to judge you spend hours grinding and that this doesn’t concern you in any relevant way other than to hold others back. Not interested in continuing our conversation as it’s irrelevant. More balance for others would in no way negatively effect you as you’d equally benefit which simply proves ... your disagreement is purely out of selfish self preservation.
    It is not the endless grinding that gave me the gold. It is reaching a point in the game where everything is ranked up to what current material bottlenecks allow, every crystal being a dupe and then selling the iso obtained organically. There was a time where i had to manage gold and rank ups just as you do now. What i did was the work to acheive my goals, what i did not do was come to the forums with cup in hand asking for handouts.

I cant even compete for rank rewards in level up events unless i save for a month.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @_ASDF_

When i see that Mr arena grinder himself (Brian Grant) only has 6M in gold when last year he had about 13M, it’s obvious there’s a problem.
    Last year he was not running 6x5, had 1 4/55, spent more time in arena and wasnt repaying huge battlechip loans. You’re crafting a narrative and failing.
  • Options
    @_ASDF_

Last year he was not running 6x5, had 1 4/55, spent more time in arena and wasnt repaying huge battlechip loans. You’re crafting a narrative and failing.

Guess we know Sarah huckabee Sanders plays mcoc
  • Options
    Stara99Stara99 Posts: 425 ★★
    All of these arguments are invalid because kabam will do what they want. Even when they lose older accounts they will get multiple new ones. Old accounts don’t spend anything, new accounts buy crystals not knowing making them money. Time is a restraint with all things in life. More time spent makes most things better. Good luck to all in your arguments but im just going to play the game and try to enjoy it.
  • Options
    Stara99 wrote: »
    All of these arguments are invalid because kabam will do what they want. Even when they lose older accounts they will get multiple new ones. Old accounts don’t spend anything, new accounts buy crystals not knowing making them money. Time is a restraint with all things in life. More time spent makes most things better. Good luck to all in your arguments but im just going to play the game and try to enjoy it.

Really lmao, old accouns don't buy crystals at all do they. They don't buy t2a offers either then. Not sure which old accounts your speak for but it's definitely a minority as I know plenty who spend loads.
  • Options
    StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    Riegel wrote: »
    These gold threads always devolve into the same thing, grind the arena, although no is willing to say what is a reasonable amount of time to put in the arena per day, just to break even on rank ups.

As I’ve said before Kabam has the data, they have seen our debates, so IMO either some changes get made or I’m pretty certain players will start slowly quitting.

But I have a feeling Kabam is working on something dynamic and it will probably address some of the issues we are having. So let’s just wait to see what they come up with.

I hope they do! I just wish they were more transparent, or would at least reply to any thread on the subject. Even a "no we feel gold is in a good place would be ok" then at least we'd know.
    4nk59032eyu0.jpeg
    Direct response to gold thread. YW. /thread? Yeah right!

What kabam is talking about in this quote is new players find themselves with a shortage of resources like cats and iso but relatively a lot of gold and also noone to rank cause they don't have 4 and 5* yet.
    I remember when I was new with no 4* and maybe 1 or 2 3* I had 60K gold and I thought what's the point of gold I don't have anything to do with "that much gold."

But then I became stronger and found that gold is a major problem cause hey ranking 4 and 5* is hella expensive!
    So this kabam quote is completely ignorant because the response should be tenure related. They should address each class of players separately and not ALL players as a whole!

Fact is most if not all pros to high end tier players have a massive gold shortage forcing us to hold upgrading champs just in case we find ourselves pulling a better champ and not being able to rank him because of a gold problem which is where I am now ATM.
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★

Your comment is #fakenews. You know more than gold is needed to rank up champs. I'm not sure if you just don't understand the game or if you are just trolling. If someone gave me 5 million gold I too could not just simply rank up a 5* from R1 to max. There are other bottlenecks restricting rank ups.

Your comment is #fakenews. You are the one who has trouble converying anything lol. Gold isn't the only farmable resource.
    It is not the endless grinding that gave me the gold. It is reaching a point in the game where everything is ranked up to what current material bottlenecks allow, every crystal being a dupe and then selling the iso obtained organically. There was a time where i had to manage gold and rank ups just as you do now. What i did was the work to acheive my goals, what i did not do was come to the forums with cup in hand asking for handouts.

I cant even compete for rank rewards in level up events unless i save for a month.

You didn't grind for your gold? That must be nice.

Your comment is #fakenews. Your narrative mumbo jumbo is hilarious. You make this sound like a White House press briefing. Dude its MCOC a video game for mobile devices. We are talking about how nice it would be to have a 10-25% buff to sources of gold.
  • Options
    Attempting to label everything contrary to your opinion as fake is simply hilarious as your argument relies on 6s being more expensive (false) and map7 (doesnt exist). You have nothing left in your aresneal outside of ad homs and contextomy so I do not begrudge you for relying on fallacy to continue the failed narrative, after all you need a lot of lipstick on this pig to pull off what you are attempting.

Yes more than gold is needed to rank up champs that goes without saying however this is a thread about gold not other materials.

Gold is the only farmable resource that can be used to rank champions and run map 6, you know the two talking points. Everything else is metered out.

You’re not talking about a nice increase in gold you're falsely claiming 6s are more expensive and map 7 is around the corner. You are coopting others issues and meeting contridictions to your false narrative with hostility while piling on more falsehoods. This is done with in attempt to make running map 6x5 less time consuming for you; it’s not altruistic, it’s not noble; it’s self centered. Carry on.

• Options
    UltimatechampionUltimatechampion Posts: 107
    pls replace the grandmaster free for all with gold quests..
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Attempting to label everything contrary to your opinion as fake is simply hilarious as your argument relies on 6s being more expensive (false) and map7 (doesnt exist). You have nothing left in your aresneal outside of ad homs and contextomy so I do not begrudge you for relying on fallacy to continue the failed narrative, after all you need a lot of lipstick on this pig to pull off what you are attempting.

Yes more than gold is needed to rank up champs that goes without saying however this is a thread about gold not other materials.

Gold is the only farmable resource that can be used to rank champions and run map 6, you know the two talking points. Everything else is metered out.

You’re not talking about a nice increase in gold you're falsely claiming 6s are more expensive and map 7 is around the corner. You are coopting others issues and meeting contridictions to your false narrative with hostility while piling on more falsehoods. This is done with in attempt to make running map 6x5 less time consuming for you; it’s not altruistic, it’s not noble; it’s self centered. Carry on.

Wrong again on almost everything.

1) You are labeling everything contrary to your belife as a "false anrritive", I've been using information to prove you wrong at every turn, point by point.
    2) 6* will consume more gold that's not a lie that is fact.
    3) I never said map 7 was for sure coming. I said I was worried about it coming, and costing more, and requiring more time to play. I said it was an assumption of mine.
    4) "You have nothing left in your aresneal outside of ad homs and contextomy so I do not begrudge you for relying on fallacy to continue the failed narrative, after all you need a lot of lipstick on this pig to pull off what you are attempting." What is this pile of word salad? This has no content to it.
    5) So you agree more gold is needed? Glad you finally came around.
    6) Gold is not the only farmable mat in the game.
    7) I actually am saying the ways to spend gold are increasing would be nice to get a small increase in gold. Please go back and reread all 9 pages you will see I've said it dozens of times. How you just are ignoring that point is beyond me.
    7) I am not co-opting anyone to do anything (flase narritive by you), I am not meeting any contradictions with hostility (another false narrtitive by you), I am not using falsehoods (another false narritive by you), yes, i am trying to make map 6 less time consuming as well as everything else gold related (that's what more gold will do), It's not meant to be altruistic or noble or self centered it's an opinion of mine on the game.

You really need to focus more on the topic and less on thinking I have the power to change anything. You are the only one who has met anyone with hostility. You started early on saying I'm lazy and need to run arena saying there is no way I run arena, I proved you wrong. You've tried using weird metrics to prove your point which is just wrong. Dude the list goes on and on with you.

I am setting forth my opinion that a gold increase would be nice. I'll take it in any form I can get it. If you disagree that's fine. If you think I'm some mind warping guru you're wrong. People will come to their own opinions on the topic. You lying and attacking everyone with an opposing opinion is just detracting from the issue. I thank you for your views on the topic though.
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Guys there are some obvious disconnects between arguments here. Not every player is at the same level, not every player needs the same amount of gold and not every player has the same definition of "grinding arena."

For example, a player with no 5 stars in their profile and who considers 1-2 milestones in an arena as "grinding" does not have a concept of the gold sinks that most here are talking about. Just need to keep that in mind and everything makes more sense. And that's perfectly fine, every player is at different levels in the game and those different players need different things in the game.

My definition of arena grinding is different and consists at the very least, getting all milestones in the 4* basic arena. That's only 1.5M points and should keep you afloat with gold if you manage it correctly. As your roster grows you should usually strive for more like 1.5M in 4* basic, 2m+ in 4* feature, and 6m+ in 5* feature. That should net you many 4* and 5* shards as well as gold and battlechips, which is how you quickly progress in the game. If that's too much for you or you're only after gold/battlechips, then do 1.5m in 4* basic and 640k in 3* featured. The 3* feature is very easy to hit milestones especially with 3* boosts which are so commonly available.
This discussion has been closed.