**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

GOLD. Is it really an issue?

Comments

• RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Guys there are some obvious disconnects between arguments here. Not every player is at the same level, not every player needs the same amount of gold and not every player has the same definition of "grinding arena."

For example, a player with no 5 stars in their profile and who considers 1-2 milestones in an arena as "grinding" does not have a concept of the gold sinks that most here are talking about. Just need to keep that in mind and everything makes more sense. And that's perfectly fine, every player is at different levels in the game and those different players need different things in the game.

My definition of arena grinding is different and consists at the very least, getting all milestones in the 4* basic arena. That's only 1.5M points and should keep you afloat with gold if you manage it correctly. As your roster grows you should usually strive for more like 1.5M in 4* basic, 2m+ in 4* feature, and 6m+ in 5* feature. That should net you many 4* and 5* shards as well as gold and battlechips, which is how you quickly progress in the game. If that's too much for you or you're only after gold/battlechips, then do 1.5m in 4* basic and 640k in 3* featured. The 3* feature is very easy to hit milestones especially with 3* boosts which are so commonly available.

I agree many are in different points in the game. I currently do 1.5-2.5 mil in the basic 4* (depending if I just want milestones, or I am going for the basic champ), I also do 12 mil points in the 5* featured to get all milestones + the 2000 5* and 200 6* shards.

At this level of farm I am break even for the week. It is my opinion that this amount of grind and time investment should carry me further.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I can sympathize with the newer players struggling but with work and time you'll get there. I alway get a kick out of debates when people revert to name calling, that's always a sure sign your right...smh.
    To my point earlier, some people might have grown to fast. I was looking at some people's accounts. @Riegel you have a nice account and are in a great looking alliance. It's clear map 6 is eating your gold. To put things in perspective though you've done far less arena than Grounded Wisdom. Assuming I'm looking at the right accounts. His account isn't what I'd say is a high level account or in a top alliance, which is fine, it's his if he's happy more power to him. The point is if your that ambitious you're going to have to play catch up and put in lots of work. Staying on the top like that is going to be expensive. I used to to be in a very high rank alliance but it became to much work. I'm in a "retirement" alliance but still get solid rewards without killing ourselves.
    DaMunk wrote: »
    I can sympathize with the newer players struggling but with work and time you'll get there. I alway get a kick out of debates when people revert to name calling, that's always a sure sign your right...smh.
    To my point earlier, some people might have grown to fast. I was looking at some people's accounts. @Riegel you have a nice account and are in a great looking alliance. It's clear map 6 is eating your gold. To put things in perspective though you've done far less arena than Grounded Wisdom. Assuming I'm looking at the right accounts. His account isn't what I'd say is a high level account or in a top alliance, which is fine, it's his if he's happy more power to him. The point is if your that ambitious you're going to have to play catch up and put in lots of work. Staying on the top like that is going to be expensive. I used to to be in a very high rank alliance but it became to much work. I'm in a "retirement" alliance but still get solid rewards without killing ourselves.

I understand all that. I know it's a commitment. Like I said it's just my opinion that the amount of arena I do should carry me a little further.

I'm sure many lower tier accounts have done much more arena than I have. I only in the past few months moved up to playing at this level. Before this I was in an alliance that did map 6 once a week. I didn't need as much, so I didn't farm as much.

Also, there were less ways to spend gold. 5* were much more rare, 4* were still cheap and effective, 6* didn't exists. Now, 5* are much more common, the ability to get rank 5 5* is here and expensive, the ability to get 6* are now here which has opened another way to spend, and maybe just maybe AQ will progress here soon with the hype around Infinity War?

Is that an assumption on the AQ thing? Oh yeah 100%, but I'd be super hyped about it even if I had to grind more. I just think and again it's just my opinion that maybe gold needs a little buff.
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 425 ★★
    Maybe put gold in the glory store? Since it’s a problem at the higher level and people are getting glory use that route. 750,000 gold or maybe a million for a 1000 glory.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Stara99 wrote: »
    Maybe put gold in the glory store? Since it’s a problem at the higher level and people are getting glory use that route. 750,000 gold or maybe a million for a 1000 glory.

They do have gold crystals in the glory store for the low price of 5 crystals for 330 glory or 12000 gold minimum. Yeah no thanks lol
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 425 ★★
    Stara99 wrote: »

They do have gold crystals in the glory store for the low price of 5 crystals for 330 glory or 12000 gold minimum. Yeah no thanks lol

Yeah I forgot about those
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    @Hulksmasshh

If a player like myself does what you suggest in terms of arena grinding, they will still be operating at a net loss on gold if they rank up 2 5* champs, or 1 5* Champ and 2 4* Champs. (You need 5/50s for the infinite streak
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Looks like there is a sad little Line group getting loads of ppl to create gold posts.

There is enough gold.

Stop expecting to rank up daily!

Gold has been made available in war, AQ, more events come with gold, and arena.

Get a grip people and PLAY the game to EARN the gold!!!!!!!
    Looks like there is a sad little Line group getting loads of ppl to create gold posts.

There is enough gold.

What line group?
    Who's sad?
    There is enough gold? That's your opinion, and that's ok.
    I'm not expecting to rank up daily,
    I don't get gold in AQ,
    I do play the game and earn the gold. I think I should earn more, my opinion.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    Riegel wrote: »

There is enough gold.

What line group?
    Who's sad?
    There is enough gold? That's your opinion, and that's ok.
    I'm not expecting to rank up daily,
    I don't get gold in AQ,
    I do play the game and earn the gold. I think I should earn more, my opinion.

I would ask for more details from AW,though
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Guys there are some obvious disconnects between arguments here. Not every player is at the same level, not every player needs the same amount of gold and not every player has the same definition of "grinding arena."

For example, a player with no 5 stars in their profile and who considers 1-2 milestones in an arena as "grinding" does not have a concept of the gold sinks that most here are talking about. Just need to keep that in mind and everything makes more sense. And that's perfectly fine, every player is at different levels in the game and those different players need different things in the game.

My definition of arena grinding is different and consists at the very least, getting all milestones in the 4* basic arena. That's only 1.5M points and should keep you afloat with gold if you manage it correctly. As your roster grows you should usually strive for more like 1.5M in 4* basic, 2m+ in 4* feature, and 6m+ in 5* feature. That should net you many 4* and 5* shards as well as gold and battlechips, which is how you quickly progress in the game. If that's too much for you or you're only after gold/battlechips, then do 1.5m in 4* basic and 640k in 3* featured. The 3* feature is very easy to hit milestones especially with 3* boosts which are so commonly available.

If you're going to make assumptions based on a perceived Profile and cop an Ego, you might want to accurately represent what was said. An argument that is as old as it is limited.
    1 or 2 Rounds per Recharge in multiple Arenas. If I'm not hitting the last Milestone in the Basic at this stage of the game, it's time to pick up Tetris. I'm a Grinder. Might be best to read more than once before jumping in for the attack.

If you're going to make assumptions based on a perceived Profile and cop an Ego, you might want to accurately represent what was said. An argument that is as old as it is limited.
    1 or 2 Rounds per Recharge in multiple Arenas. If I'm not hitting the last Milestone in the Basic at this stage of the game, it's time to pick up Tetris. I'm a Grinder. Might be best to read more than once before jumping in for the attack.

He didn't attack you. He doesn't sound like he has an ego. He didn't call you out by name. All of his points are valid. People do come here with a lack of knowledge/experience, and post on things at a progression level they have no knowledge/experience/concept of.

He didn't attack you. He doesn't sound like he has an ego. He didn't call you out by name. All of his points are valid. People do come here with a lack of knowledge/experience, and post on things at a progression level they have no knowledge/experience/concept of.
    You must think this is new.

What's new?

What's new?

Mhmm.
    Idk how to reply to that, so I will just restate the point. Arena grinding for gold is becoming more and more time consuming in my opinion. Please consider a buff to gold in any form. A few suggestions I have:

1) Buff gold gain in arena a slight amount, or lower entry cost a slight amount.
    2) Open a gold arena, so we can "work" for gold in a more direct way. (Would prefer non-arena way to obtain)
    3) Open a gold realm once a week that provides 50,000 - 100,000 gold, or drops gold crystals (remove 2,400 gold drop from crystals)
    4) Increase the amount of gold from solo events.
    5) Buff the gold masteries (lesser liked idea for me)
    6) Add a gold boost (least liked like idea for me)
    7) Add exploration rewards to Map 6, so map 6 is not 14x more gold cost than map 5
    8) Turn that anniversary buff on 20% more gold/BC from all sources (or make that the new gold mastery.)
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    1) Gold has increased in many areas of the game. AW, solo events, increase in AQ payout.

2) 6s are here but they cost half as much to rank as their 5* CR equivalent.

3) Ever heard the idiom work hard play hard? Thats map 6, if you want to play 6x5 you need to work for it as its meant to be cost prohibitive.

4) Enough with the gold threads, you just posted in one before you started this one.

1) All mostly negligible.

2) What?

3) Hard focus on one point? There are many reason gold needs an update.

4) No.

Can this template be added to forum rule #6? You don't need a background in debate to know that this is how you keep posts/threads constructive, read and address what other members say. It gets tiresome to read threads where some members are making well thought out points to support their statements, but other members ramble on and on about their baseless opinions while ignoring posts that are on topic. Then again that's one of the definitions of being a troll.

To add to the OP's topic, my alliance hasn't had donations for the past month because we stopped running Map 6. Before that I went from having 3-4+ million gold to less than 100K gold after I got my 1st 6*. Those things aren't directly related, I recently got my last 4* champion to 3/30, been trying to rank up my roster to have an easier time ranking top 10% in 5* arena.

Gold is an issue. Even if you don't agree with everything people who say it's an issue say, if you can't see where they're coming from then you're MCOC experience is lacking.
    edited March 2018
    1) Gold has increased in many areas of the game. AW, solo events, increase in AQ payout.

3) Ever heard the idiom work hard play hard? Thats map 6, if you want to play 6x5 you need to work for it as its meant to be cost prohibitive.

4) Enough with the gold threads, you just posted in one before you started this one.

2) What?

4) No.

Can this template be added to forum rule #6? You don't need a background in debate to know that this is how you keep posts/threads constructive, read and address what other members say. It gets tiresome to read threads where some members are making well thought out points to support their statements, but other members ramble on and on about their baseless opinions while ignoring posts that are on topic. Then again that's one of the definitions of being a troll.

To add to the OP's topic, my alliance hasn't had donations for the past month because we stopped running Map 6. Before that I went from having 3-4+ million gold to less than 100K gold after I got my 1st 6*. Those things aren't directly related, I recently got my last 4* champion to 3/30, been trying to rank up my roster to have an easier time ranking top 10% in 5* arena.

Gold is an issue. Even if you don't agree with everything people who say it's an issue say, if you can't see where they're coming from then you're MCOC experience is lacking.

Thanks for the kind words on my format lol. I wish more would go over the issues point by point.

2) What?

4) No.

What many people on the Forum with experience of all varying degrees are saying is there are other factors that go into it being an issue. Income, energy spent replenishing it, spending habits, etc. It may be an issue for some, but it is not a widespread issue. People are going for broke and not making full use of the ways to reserve it and claiming the game is broken. As for a troll, someone who disagrees is not a troll. A troll is someone who makes comments to provoke a reaction. You can't assume that's the case because people have a different viewpoint.

2) What?

4) No.

What many people on the Forum with experience of all varying degrees are saying is there are other factors that go into it being an issue. Income, energy spent replenishing it, spending habits, etc. It may be an issue for some, but it is not a widespread issue. People are going for broke and not making full use of the ways to reserve it and claiming the game is broken. As for a troll, someone who disagrees is not a troll. A troll is someone who makes comments to provoke a reaction. You can't assume that's the case because people have a different viewpoint.

I will add that yes people are here to troll in this thread. Yes, they may have a different opinion about this topic, but what they are doing is absolutely not constructive. This isn't me calling you out you only have a differing opinion than me. That's fine.

I am making full use of the ways to obtain gold. I do not believe I should have to open 3000+ T3C class cat frag crystals, and then sell those to get gold. To me this is bad balancing. My opinion again.

I do not believe I should have to open crystals hoping for a dupe champ to sell ISO-8 for gold. I believe this is bad balancing. My opinion again.

I do not believe I should have to sell all these other materials for gold, farm hours in the arena, spend all my energy whenever I have it just to have enough to break even and stay at 2 mil gold. Just my opinion again.

I really hate looking at the donations and seeing 500,000 gold + 83,500 BC for donations. Only because lets be real those are like the same material lol. BC to me is just the raw form of gold, because you have to do arena to keep up.

These are all just opinions of mine. If you feel different that's absolutely fine I don't think that's trolling.
    Well, what you're describing are most of the ways to get Gold, save for Questing. Arena, Selling, Dups...etc. Sounds like you're just not a fan of the system in general. Which is fine. That just doesn't mean it's inherently broken.
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    yes.
    Well, what you're describing are most of the ways to get Gold, save for Questing. Arena, Selling, Dups...etc. Sounds like you're just not a fan of the system in general. Which is fine. That just doesn't mean it's inherently broken.

No it doesn't mean it is broken. In my opinion it is. I feel like I shouldn't have to sell everything and trade everything for gold. Is there anything you can sell or trade for gold in some way? It doesn't make sense to me as those other things are needed as well.

Yes, tho I think it's broken, but I don't really care that it's broken I just want a buff to gold lol.

No it doesn't mean it is broken. In my opinion it is. I feel like I shouldn't have to sell everything and trade everything for gold. Is there anything you can sell or trade for gold in some way? It doesn't make sense to me as those other things are needed as well.

Yes, tho I think it's broken, but I don't really care that it's broken I just want a buff to gold lol.

Fair enough.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Riegel a gold boost is an interesting idea. Something similar to the XP boosts that most don't use...believe it or not I do understand your point. I'm just not sure of a good solution to the very few people in your position or if it should be made easier for people to do map 6. If they were to introduce a map 7 and more people did map 6 consistently I'd think the gold costs should be looked at. As it stands now only a very small percentage of people do multiple runs of map 6.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

Never said it was broken. Just that it could be improved and tuned. That’s what this whole discussion is about
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Riegel a gold boost is an interesting idea. Something similar to the XP boosts that most don't use...believe it or not I do understand your point. I'm just not sure of a good solution to the very few people in your position or if it should be made easier for people to do map 6. If they were to introduce a map 7 and more people did map 6 consistently I'd think the gold costs should be looked at. As it stands now only a very small percentage of people do multiple runs of map 6.

The gold boost is one of the ideas I like the least simply because it may only last a few mins, and you'll have to hurry to do everything gold related in a short amount of time (ie: sell literally everything in your stash)

Only a few people are in my position of map 6x5 I agree, but that's not the only issue gold related tho it is my largest gold consumer.

Never said it was broken. Just that it could be improved and tuned. That’s what this whole discussion is about

The Title asks if it's really a problem. That's what we're talking about. A problem for some doesn't mean it's a problem in general.
This discussion has been closed.