**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Inaccurate Drop Rates

I am very confused as to what is going on with the drop rates!

I just spent a good chunk of units, and purchased 30 of the featured crystals that give you a 3, 4 or 5* hero.

Opening 30 crystals and getting 29 - 3* champs and only 1 4* champ tells me that the drop rates below are very wrong:

5 star - 2%
4 star - 15%
3 star - 83%

With the above breakdown i should have gotten at least 4 - 4*

I feel like I have been wronged and definitely will never spend money on this game again!

Comments

• Sac123_Sac123_ Posts: 258
    Shrafi wrote: »
    I am very confused as to what is going on with the drop rates!

I just spent a good chunk of units, and purchased 30 of the featured crystals that give you a 3, 4 or 5* hero.

Opening 30 crystals and getting 29 - 3* champs and only 1 4* champ tells me that the drop rates below are very wrong:

5 star - 2%
    4 star - 15%
    3 star - 83%

With the above breakdown i should have gotten at least 4 - 4*

I feel like I have been wronged and definitely will never spend money on this game again!

sorry for your misfortune but that appears to be exactly what it is. The drop rates seem to be mostly accurate imo.
  • JoMama999JoMama999 Posts: 43
    @Shrafi

That’s not how probability works. Just because there’s a 15% chance of 4*, does not mean you will get 15 4* when you open 100 crystals. Sometimes you may get more, sometimes fewer.

All the drop rate means is that each time you open a single crystal you have a 15% chance at a 4* for that one crystal. If you open an infinite number of crystals, your results will trend towards the posted drop rates.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    You "assume" it shall work by:-
    1) 30 x 0.02 = 0.6 five star
    2) 30 x 0.15 = 4.5 four star
    3) 30 x 0.83 = 24.9 three star

But I'm afraid you mis-understood the drop-rate, it only means FOR EACH spin, you have a chance of 0.02/0.15/0.83 for that specific spin only.

Hope you'll reconsider spending for crystal in the future.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    el oh el
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    2 things , higher sampling also it is still about the random numbers generator. Which means you have a 2% chance but there are times were you can exceed the 2% or underperform the 2%. Example amazing RNG IS getting 2 featured 5*s in an opening of 20, on the another hand real bad RNG would be no 5*s after an opening of 100. Its gambling just like vegas and like vegas the house will win most of the time
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    You can trust the drop rates. They are regulated by Apple.