Alliance Quest Miniboss and Sentinel Refresh - April 2018 - Discussion Thread [Updated April 13]

1161719212250

Comments

  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 7,967 Guardian
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    It's only hard because it's new.

    Its harder because it is harder. It would be an exaggeration to say tons of people are going to quit over it, but anyone who thinks Sentinels are not harder than Syms either has a very peculiar psychological aversion to Syms or has no idea how to judge difficulty in the game. And I say that without exempting the developers from that statement.

    The point I'm trying to bring home is we will adjust, and it doesn't usually take that long.

    I understand your point. However, that point is orthogonal to the question of whether the content is now harder. Regardless of whether it is easier or harder, you can almost always say that. It doesn't contradict, or even address, the question of whether the content is harder in an unjustifiable way.

    More importantly, if your point is that people will adjust, then I don't see why you would try to make that point by saying "it's only hard because it's new" because that statement is false, and doesn't support your point at all.

    Why you even bothered if a couple extra fights are harder?

    The rewards didn’t need to be adjusted, AQ did because it was boring and repetitive.

    What’s your problem? I’m guessing you could finish all sentinels in the event quest difficulties?

    If so how can you smash an Uncollected sentinel and say a low level pi one is a hard fight? Like really!?

    Apparently, my problem is that I am compelled to point out facts which agitate other forum posters.
  • HosemaniaHosemania Posts: 16
    I think kabam did it again. There maybe another uprising due to this bad change and to start map 5 with NC as the mini boss is just another way of them telling us to gfy. Nice work kabam.
  • Marine31_Marine31_ Posts: 61
    edited April 2018
    Yeah there's nothing easy or right about what Kabam has done yet here we sit talking to each other while we get a typical no answer from the game team...basically laughing all the way to the bank or maybe the bankruptcy center...hahahah I truly think that this is my final straw and will quit if they do nothing about this!!!!
  • Air98Air98 Posts: 9
    My wolverine that I put the resources into getting to rank 5 is now horrible for a good portion of the aq fights...another screw you from kabam.
  • I have a question are sentinels supposed to proc their abilities when hitting you while blocking?

    Why do they get one of the hardest to evade specials for the vast majority of players allowed to be unblockable?

    Why is it okay to increase the difficulty for players (the risk) but not the reward?

    Answers are in short supply but so warranted by the community.
    @Kabam Miike
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 512 ★★
    Yet another poorly executed move by Kabam. This is terrible and MUST be addressed. Clearly lots of people are unhappy with this so Kabam should really consider throwing the players a bone of they intend to keep this going. If not, revert AQ back to what it was and focus on an entirely new season of AQ.

    This isnt an attempt to "refresh" AQ, clearly this is a ploy to make it harder while offering nothing in return. HORRIBLE
  • DTTDTT Posts: 10
    \
    Ascoop24 wrote: »
    420sam wrote: »
    So, you are making it more difficult yet not adjusting anything like rewards or even glory? Can I ask why? How does this benefit the players?

    As we said in that post, we are working on a full refresh. We are not at a place or time where we can increase the rewards or fully refresh the mode right now.

    If you aren't at a place or time to refresh the rewards then you shouldn't be at a place or time to refresh the difficulty. One should not go without the other. This is a great example of pure laziness

    But how are you so sure that the difficulty has gotten worse?

    Granted, Bleed and Poison champions may not be as effective in Alliance Quests as they were before, but Sentinels melt at the power of a Armor Break Champion, and a lot of the new Mini-Bosses have very common counters!

    How am I so sure? Well, my team is pretty much destroyed and we're barely into section 2. This is much different from the zero problems I had with the symbs. 25 hits and effects go through my block and a few more and the attacks are unblockable. Cue the idiots saying learn to fight better. Sorry, I can't dodge everything and I shouldn't need to be an insane skill level to survive AQ. No way in hell am I going to burn units to revive every AQ.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 576 ★★★
    And this is just day 1 of AQ, can't imagine the amount of heat you'll get in the next 4 days :D
  • DisneyisEvilDisneyisEvil Posts: 7
    Well, by the looks of it this new iteration of AQ has had the desired results. They nerfed Wolvy & Voodoo without nerfing the champs. Time to open up your wallets to rank champs up or buy revives & potions. I suspect many will just quit the game. PUBG & Fortnite seem fun rather than frustraiting as this game has become. We've been Kabamed!
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    Complain complain complain....
    Just deal with it....
    We all have to....
    Yeah sentineloids are harder....
    But symbiods were tooooo easy.....
    Lets just all learn to adapt....
    These first few aqs might be harder but after a while we will know who to bring and how to best foght these guys....
    Nebula, medusa, iron fist, cyclops, SIM, blade (paired with gr for danger sense)
    There are options.... we just gotta work out the best way to do this....
  • DraenathDraenath Posts: 237
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    Complain complain complain....
    Just deal with it....
    We all have to....
    Yeah sentineloids are harder....
    But symbiods were tooooo easy.....
    Lets just all learn to adapt....
    These first few aqs might be harder but after a while we will know who to bring and how to best foght these guys....
    Nebula, medusa, iron fist, cyclops, SIM, blade (paired with gr for danger sense)
    There are options.... we just gotta work out the best way to do this....

    That is easy to say, but at high prestige / high points - rewards are at stake...

    They have not increased rewards and they have made many champions not worth taking. Sentinels are not enjoyable to fight, that is my issue. I like challenge, I like 5.3 / 5.4.... I like Boss Rushes.

    But sentinels are slow, clunky, fighting styles that are counter-intuitive to game play.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    Draenath wrote: »
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    Complain complain complain....
    Just deal with it....
    We all have to....
    Yeah sentineloids are harder....
    But symbiods were tooooo easy.....
    Lets just all learn to adapt....
    These first few aqs might be harder but after a while we will know who to bring and how to best foght these guys....
    Nebula, medusa, iron fist, cyclops, SIM, blade (paired with gr for danger sense)
    There are options.... we just gotta work out the best way to do this....

    That is easy to say, but at high prestige / high points - rewards are at stake...

    They have not increased rewards and they have made many champions not worth taking. Sentinels are not enjoyable to fight, that is my issue. I like challenge, I like 5.3 / 5.4.... I like Boss Rushes.

    But sentinels are slow, clunky, fighting styles that are counter-intuitive to game play.

    Whilst i can agree with what you are saying bout the difference in fighting them we also all know that we will learn and we will adapt....
    We always do.....
    We also know that a new season of AQ will come and this is merely a stop gap to give a change so lets just deal with it for now....

    Wat i found through uncollected EQ is that class advantage is by far superior than any armor break champ.... so i will be spectating AQ before joining and doing my best to have class advantage as much as possible over these mofos.
    Also i just realised that GR while slow is amazing for healing.... ROL fights with 955 hits to kill and i can finish on 100% health... i will be giving him a test purely for his regen if i do mess up...
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    I have a question are sentinels supposed to proc their abilities when hitting you while blocking?

    Why do they get one of the hardest to evade specials for the vast majority of players allowed to be unblockable?

    Why is it okay to increase the difficulty for players (the risk) but not the reward?

    Answers are in short supply but so warranted by the community.
    @Kabam Miike

    If they have analyized you then yes.....
    This may help....
    pl1u2ek17lhx.jpeg
  • Fromundacheez13Fromundacheez13 Posts: 19
    There's so many champs that smack sentinels around quit crying and get better
  • DTTDTT Posts: 10
    There's a difference between challenging and cheap and most of the new things Kabam have been adding are cheap. Power gain champs that sit in the corner while they wait for their t3, automatic damage, effects that go through blocks, unblockable attacks, automatic blocks that auto parry as well.

    Oh but there's this one champ you can get that will make things really easy. Just spend 500 bucks on crystals so you can dupe Venom or Antman again and again.
  • Fromundacheez13Fromundacheez13 Posts: 19
    Lol so true my antman and colossus are both sig 120
  • Fromundacheez13Fromundacheez13 Posts: 19
    But any armor break champs work well on sentinels and I even had no problem with x23 on map 5....also blade with GR synergy is beastly against them
  • Fromundacheez13Fromundacheez13 Posts: 19
    Sp1 and sp2 are easy to evade the majority of ppl that post in the forums just suck at the game
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    Need to remember the part about class advantage!!!!!
    Very very useful and important....

    8i4dlrhxt10i.png

    More useful than any armour break or anything else
  • DTTDTT Posts: 10
    Sp1 and sp2 are easy to evade the majority of ppl that post in the forums just suck at the game

    I'm not one of the best but I'm better than average. The sp2 is hard to evade. I've only managed it once. You shouldn't have to be ridiculously skilled to make it through AQ.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    To make it through map 5 and 6 you should need damn good skills.... and it is tricky but can be done.... easier than war machine sp1.....
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 19,379 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    It's only hard because it's new.

    Its harder because it is harder. It would be an exaggeration to say tons of people are going to quit over it, but anyone who thinks Sentinels are not harder than Syms either has a very peculiar psychological aversion to Syms or has no idea how to judge difficulty in the game. And I say that without exempting the developers from that statement.

    The point I'm trying to bring home is we will adjust, and it doesn't usually take that long.

    I understand your point. However, that point is orthogonal to the question of whether the content is now harder. Regardless of whether it is easier or harder, you can almost always say that. It doesn't contradict, or even address, the question of whether the content is harder in an unjustifiable way.

    More importantly, if your point is that people will adjust, then I don't see why you would try to make that point by saying "it's only hard because it's new" because that statement is false, and doesn't support your point at all.

    Why you even bothered if a couple extra fights are harder?

    The rewards didn’t need to be adjusted, AQ did because it was boring and repetitive.

    What’s your problem? I’m guessing you could finish all sentinels in the event quest difficulties?

    If so how can you smash an Uncollected sentinel and say a low level pi one is a hard fight? Like really!?

    Apparently, my problem is that I am compelled to point out facts which agitate other forum posters.

    I'm not responsible for the reactions of others. I was trying to be enlightening more than agitating. I could have chosen much more curt words. Lol.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    It's only hard because it's new.

    Its harder because it is harder. It would be an exaggeration to say tons of people are going to quit over it, but anyone who thinks Sentinels are not harder than Syms either has a very peculiar psychological aversion to Syms or has no idea how to judge difficulty in the game. And I say that without exempting the developers from that statement.

    The point I'm trying to bring home is we will adjust, and it doesn't usually take that long.

    I understand your point. However, that point is orthogonal to the question of whether the content is now harder. Regardless of whether it is easier or harder, you can almost always say that. It doesn't contradict, or even address, the question of whether the content is harder in an unjustifiable way.

    More importantly, if your point is that people will adjust, then I don't see why you would try to make that point by saying "it's only hard because it's new" because that statement is false, and doesn't support your point at all.

    It's not false to say that. It's a challenge because we're not used to the Sentinels being in AQ. It will just take time to adjust. The Sentinlels themselves are new, as in their move set, but there's nothing particularly new or challenging about them, aside from their Immunity, and a couple distinct characteristics. The real challenge is getting used to their moves enough to gain efficiency in AQ. That just takes experience. Personally I'm not bothered by switching to them. The whole point of a change is to freshen it up. Had it been Champs that we are used to or something we have already fought many times, that would defeat the entire purpose of changing them. They're challenging, in the sense that they're relatively new to The Contest, but that just takes practice. As with any change, it's being exaggerated. People are bored when things are repetitive, personally offended when they're changed, and expectant of remuneration if growth is presented. Lol. Not all people, but that's the general concensus. If it didn't have an element of new challenge, there would be no sense in switching. So, I suppose the only challenge isn't that they're new, I guess. At least in the literal sense. That's the greater challenge. People will have to adjust. Adjustment usually comes easily, with a great deal of resistance. Lol.

    I disagree a hell of alot with most of what i see you say on this forum.

    But

    I cannot aggree more with what you have said in this statement.
    You nailed it pretty well here.
  • Refreshing is nice. Making champions useless without compensation it's not.

    1. When you first announce these changes I always stated that m6 would have the potential to become easier than m5. Does that make sense for a game developer?;
    2. These changes also make some champions useless, specially those who rely on bleeding and poison damage (please don't answer me that I still can use them in missions or arena, please, just don't do that);
    3. we spent units and resources to grow in a certain direction (deep wounds; ranking 4* wolverine and GP, etc.). No compensation;
    4. You increase overall difficulty without increasing the rewards or reducing the map costs. IMO it makes no sense;
    5. The gameplay is awful atm.


    My opinion about this topic
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    This is why you should always have a diverse roster.... i used AA before.... now i may replace him with medusa.... easy done....
    But i will prob still use my GR for the majority of fights....
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 19,379 ★★★★★
    Refreshing is nice. Making champions useless without compensation it's not.

    1. When you first announce these changes I always stated that m6 would have the potential to become easier than m5. Does that make sense for a game developer?;
    2. These changes also make some champions useless, specially those who rely on bleeding and poison damage (please don't answer me that I still can use them in missions or arena, please, just don't do that);
    3. we spent units and resources to grow in a certain direction (deep wounds; ranking 4* wolverine and GP, etc.). No compensation;
    4. You increase overall difficulty without increasing the rewards or reducing the map costs. IMO it makes no sense;
    5. The gameplay is awful atm.


    My opinion about this topic

    People Rank whoever they want for their own reasons. There is nothing to compensate. Further to that, you would have a hard time convincing me of how GP and Wolverine are no longer useful.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    Refreshing is nice. Making champions useless without compensation it's not.

    1. When you first announce these changes I always stated that m6 would have the potential to become easier than m5. Does that make sense for a game developer?;
    2. These changes also make some champions useless, specially those who rely on bleeding and poison damage (please don't answer me that I still can use them in missions or arena, please, just don't do that);
    3. we spent units and resources to grow in a certain direction (deep wounds; ranking 4* wolverine and GP, etc.). No compensation;
    4. You increase overall difficulty without increasing the rewards or reducing the map costs. IMO it makes no sense;
    5. The gameplay is awful atm.


    My opinion about this topic

    People Rank whoever they want for their own reasons. There is nothing to compensate. Further to that, you would have a hard time convincing me of how GP and Wolverine are no longer useful.

    Of course they are no longer useful..... i only ever used these guys to fight symbiods.... never used em for anything else.... i thought thats wat we all did....
Sign In or Register to comment.