**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AQ Sentinels [Merged Threads]

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    4. Why aren't you complaining about the immune path on map 5 section 2?
    You have to have some sense of strategy now. The old AQ was stale. It was easy and very boring. Now you have to think a bit to win SOME fights. Sentinels are just a part of the AQ map, not the whole thing. Learn to adapt and play better.

Just for the record, I'm assigned the immunity path on Map 5 (as the BG officer I assigned it to myself actually) so the immunity of the Sentinels doesn't affect me as much as anyone else, but I still think they were a bad idea. If the specific goal was to address the issue of the AQ map getting "boring" then the one thing that absolutely should not be done under any circumstances is to use the same basic minion on every unnamed node. They do have some class variations to be sure, but so did the Syms. The Syms, on top of that, had different attack animations. Sentinels might be newer, they are definitely stronger, but they arguably have less overall diversity than the Syms did.

My point is that we aren't dealing with anything "new". New champ yes. Double immunity, not new. most people are over thinking the whole situation. I had the immunity path as well for a while and im not worried about them either. I was also around for the Ultron AQ. The main focus people are having is the double immune. Its not new and its been in the game for a long time. After a few rounds of AQ, everyone will ever forget this was ever a thing.

A lot of people are complaining about double immunity, but that's not the only complaint. But even double immunity is not an entirely invalid complaint. It does make the maps harder in direct contradiction to the developers attempting to make the claim that the only source of increased difficulty is that the change is "new." It is actually the developers that pulled the "new" card first, so I don't think it is fair to condemn players characterizing the change in the same way.

The real question is what is the design purpose to the unnamed nodes in the first place? People (including the devs) claiming they are "boring" need to make the case that they shouldn't be boring. After all, if the intent was to make all the nodes "interesting" why bother with unnamed nodes? Why not simplify the map and have nothing but named champion nodes with no filler? If the intent is for them to be a downshift in the action, then they should be boring. If that's not the intent, then they have no design purpose in the first place, except to just be whatever someone decides they should be at any particular moment in time. Which is the opposite of good game design.

I dont disagree with you about changing the map up. Just changing minis and "drones" wont make it that much more interesting. It would better if there were random map rotations that involved different layouts and "drones" and named champs. Once you learn the paths it becomes a chore instead of looking forward to it.
    Wildpants wrote: »
    You have to have some sense of strategy now. The old AQ was stale. It was easy and very boring. Now you have to think a bit to win SOME fights. Sentinels are just a part of the AQ map, not the whole thing. Learn to adapt and play better.

Just for the record, I'm assigned the immunity path on Map 5 (as the BG officer I assigned it to myself actually) so the immunity of the Sentinels doesn't affect me as much as anyone else, but I still think they were a bad idea. If the specific goal was to address the issue of the AQ map getting "boring" then the one thing that absolutely should not be done under any circumstances is to use the same basic minion on every unnamed node. They do have some class variations to be sure, but so did the Syms. The Syms, on top of that, had different attack animations. Sentinels might be newer, they are definitely stronger, but they arguably have less overall diversity than the Syms did.

My point is that we aren't dealing with anything "new". New champ yes. Double immunity, not new. most people are over thinking the whole situation. I had the immunity path as well for a while and im not worried about them either. I was also around for the Ultron AQ. The main focus people are having is the double immune. Its not new and its been in the game for a long time. After a few rounds of AQ, everyone will ever forget this was ever a thing.

Do you like to work twice as hard for the same pay? If so then you should reconsider your way of life. I don't remember Symbiods bleedin me through the block or shrugging off every debuff or having unblockable specials and other ****. Your argument is gonna be "bring bleed immune champ, learn to intercept and evade". Okay, I can do those already but are rewards worth me putting more focus into AQ than I usually do? The answer is no. And that's why Sentinels without increased rewards are just ****.

they arent that difficult imo so i dont see it as doing twice the work.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    For me, it actually makes AQ easier because the tech Sentinels on the path I take every day won't heal block my King Groot like the tech Symbioids did.
    Wow it’s such a shame so many of you are unable to complete this months event quest on Heroic, Master and Uncollected! What a ton of rewards you have all missed out on!

Oh wait... you did all that without any items?!

STOP WHINGING ABOUT A 6-7k PI SENTINEL IN AQ THEN IF YOU BEAT THOSE! JeeeeeeZzzzzzzzzzz it’s mindblowing this is even a topic!

So much truth in this
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Mmx1991 wrote: »
    Anyone who would quit over Sentinels would probably eventually quit because it was Thursday.

You're implying that the addition of Sentinels isn't the straw that "broke the camel's back", but it will be for many.

Actually, my post says exactly that. If the Sentinels are the straw that brreaks the camels back for a player, that player is only one straw away from quitting. That straw could be anything, and any attempt to keep such a player has a high probability of failing. That is literally the point of the post you replied to.
  • DTTDTT Posts: 10
    I love how everyone thinks it's so easy to bait specials. The AI only specials if I have a power drainer. Otherwise they just crank heavies at me until I'm locked in the corner and eventually I miss the timing.
  • Dale_DobacDale_Dobac Posts: 42
    Your post is missing a lot of information.
    1. You forgot to include Ultron's drones. They were double immune.
    2. The Sentinels can't use their SP3. it's in the release post.
    3. They don't have the same abilities as the playable Sentinel.
    So do I still get the prize for worst post of the day? What time is the cut off for when today’s prize is awarded? Also, you never did tell me what the actual prize would be. Can I be a pretend MCOC tough guy for the day or is it like the “million dollar wound” Forrest Gump got and the government will keep that money?
  • General__RossGeneral__Ross Posts: 157
    I don’t see a problem with them.
    lkcllpn95dwg.jpeg
    61ughygv2tz5.jpeg
    csjuj8a2oy0k.jpeg
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Day 3-5 will determine the level of shiz these sentinels bring to the table. We cant tell for now coz it’s easy. Remember, kabam tweaks the content every now and then, so lets be vigilant. They may be kinda “easy” to beat now but later they will bust our nuts to oblivion.
    How are people finding them hard? They have easy to avoid specials, and get shredded by any cosmic who isn’t reliant on DoT
  • Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Posts: 320 ★★
    Here is another point I just fought a mystic and tech sentinel minion in Map 5 and when I parried them their abilities were triggering on blocked hits. Could be a bug or glitch but I usually lean towards the just plain BS development side because we already are drawing the short straw with this change no increased benefit for more work/suffering/cost.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,136 ★★★★
    Yet another poorly executed move by Kabam. This is terrible and MUST be addressed. Clearly lots of people are unhappy with this so Kabam should really consider throwing the players a bone of they intend to keep this going. If not, revert AQ back to what it was and focus on an entirely new season of AQ.

This isnt an attempt to "refresh" AQ, clearly this is a ploy to make it harder while offering nothing in return. HORRIBLE
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    I don’t see a problem with them.

Good job, let's see until Day 5 and celebrate again.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    @Zeke_the_Xbot were the sentinels at max analysis charges? If so then they can bleed you through a block
    @shchong2 I’ll see you then ;)
  • Neal2158Neal2158 Posts: 53
    Yeah it's awesome, the first skill sentinel on the debuff immune lane took 78 hits to take down. Definately no added difficulty.....
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    For starters: I hated the Symbiods, and I'm not a fan of the Sentinels.

With over 120 champs in the game, it is very easy to randomize the opponents and assigning a couple of buffs instead of creating new opponents and literally covering half the map with them. Should just call it Sentinel Quest.

All of that being said, the strategies to beat them are different. For the longest time, we could just blindly start a fight against a symbiod, mash our MLLLM combos, bleed/poison the **** out of them, and maybe evade a couple of easy specials then move on to the next fight.

Now, players actually have to pay attention to what they are doing. Sentinels penalize you for button mashing your MLLLL combos. Special attacks are different and need a little practice to beat.

Like others have said, time to adapt and move on.
  • Loco24x7Loco24x7 Posts: 68
    The rewards are the same but difficulty raised I agree this is not a refresh. There are many players that do not use resources in AQ now players are using resources this is exactly what Kabam wanted just like in AW so they can get as much as they can however necessarily... Kabam def our reach of its players, we have veteran players been playing this game for 3 years in our Alliance and talking about af AQ retiring Kabam this what your looking to do is drive players away. I have spent on this game in the past but I’m really thinking af this AQ just retiring as well.
  • KenshioKenshio Posts: 162
    grind for medusa next week ...
    Feeney234 wrote: »
    Yet another poorly executed move by Kabam. This is terrible and MUST be addressed. Clearly lots of people are unhappy with this so Kabam should really consider throwing the players a bone of they intend to keep this going. If not, revert AQ back to what it was and focus on an entirely new season of AQ.

This isnt an attempt to "refresh" AQ, clearly this is a ploy to make it harder while offering nothing in return. HORRIBLE

Why throw us a bone? Its their game. They can make any change they want regardless of what your opinion is. Either adapt and keep playing or quit. I dont see the problem and none of the arguments aginst the sentinels have held up. You will learn how to counter them just like any other content in the game.
  • BrutalMiraBrutalMira Posts: 235
    this AQ is day 1 so if hard for some of you whats for in Day 4 ? This AQ already released and kabam will not change it for the mean time unless you will go to app store and rate them with 1 star because app store is a very important in the game
This discussion has been closed.