**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance Quest Miniboss and Sentinel Refresh - April 2018 - Discussion Thread [Updated April 13]

Comments

• BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    Be forced to bring specific champions is stupid, even more stupid if you think at the bleed/poison path. Those stupid Sentinels prevent some guys to kill bosses, so for some allies Map5 will be VERY complicated, especially for the ones who run Map5 with few (or none) 5s champions. For them, AQ and AW at the same time will be painful, so stop thinking about your big **** only and see the big picture. Sentinels made AQ way more harder.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I should hope that a Boss Killer that runs Map 5 could get past an Immune Champ.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    Badrose wrote: »
    Be forced to bring specific champions is stupid, even more stupid if you think at the bleed/poison path. Those stupid Sentinels prevent some guys to kill bosses, so for some allies Map5 will be VERY complicated, especially for the ones who run Map5 with few (or none) 5s champions. For them, AQ and AW at the same time will be painful, so stop thinking about your big **** only and see the big picture. Sentinels made AQ way more harder.

Well then maybe they were only lucky they happened to have a specific champ that enabled them to do map5 when they really didnt have the skill required for it...
    Map 5 and 6 should only be for those with good skill....
    And of course you should need the right champs...
    My allie runs map2 while aw attack to cater
    For those that do not yet have the rosters....
    Play to your level.... rather than complain the next level is too hard for you
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    My 11m alliance hasn’t failed a map 5 on day 5 in months, we have had people run out of item use today... saying that the games controls are horrible half of my alliance have had fights including myself where block just failed several times, I had one guy fight an av who could not get one block, fix the games major issues on control unreliability/lag before you bring in this bs
  • Só pode estar de brincadeira, bela porcaria que fizeram, até agora não vi a necessidade dessa ladainha toda, perdemos o gosto de jogar AQ assim como perdemos da AW. MTC ja foi melhor.
  • KarakanliKarakanli Posts: 82
    edited April 2018
    So diversity and change, everythings alright. Getting used to those sentinels - why call them sentiloids when they are simple and pure sentinels? - yes, of course.

On day 5 this will gonna be a pure crazy run and I personally dont get why EVERY node on the whole map besides the semis and the boss should be a lazy cruise compared to some of the class specific sentinels and their abilities.

Given its a Feature, a mystic Sentinel permaperforming SP2 with triggering abilities on blocked SP and so with no possibity to Act at all on your own is definately overdone. Its the advanced Version of the widely discussed MD, Dexterity, PowerGain thing but far worse as evading even increases the sentinels Power gain. So no Block, no evade, just let your face get slapped?
  • NicolexNicolex Posts: 1
    Cool
    Nice then atlast hot
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    Badrose wrote: »

Well then maybe they were only lucky they happened to have a specific champ that enabled them to do map5 when they really didnt have the skill required for it...

It is the exact opposite. Guys with good skill can do whatever they want. Guys with big 5s or big wallet are not skilled at all (at least not so many). The very well known youtuber is a classic example of a guy who can only run through the contest thanks to the use of items and a very mid skill.
    Is there a science hero with power control abilites btw?
  • Kabam is ultimately a business and needs to make it's products profitable. I don't blame Kabam for trying to monetize the game. However, I feel the way to monetize mobile games is by enticing spending for the impatient: want more energy, buy it; want more shots at the newest champ, buy them; want a featured offer, buy it, etc.

Kabam is constantly attempting to force spending on this game and most of us will not spend just because we're being backed into a corner. I am more prone to quit the game than spend on AQ. In fact, I absolutely refuse to spend on AQ. If Kabam only wants to cater to the whales then let the whales keep spending until the game dies from the mass exodus that is imminent.

When a bug/exploit exists that helps the player Kabam can fix it within 48 hours. When bugs exists that hurt the player/increase revenue Kabam is "working on it" for weeks or months. Frequently a bug fix is announced and the bug is still present. This is a blatant "we fix what costs us, we leave what profits us" attitude toward the player base.

The majority of players seem to dislike the Sentinels for one reason or another and Kabam just doesn't get it. I personally dislike fighting Sentinels because the fights are tedious and boring. I did 100% Uncollected EQ. I didn't struggle much with the Sentinels besides the 2.2 boss. However, I also found the Sentinel fights tedious, boring and most importantly - not fun. Fun is what most of us want from a game. Sentinels take that away imo.

I think the development team is forced to develop difficult content without providing adequate rewards due to pressure from the penny pinchers at the top. I highly doubt the penny pinchers themselves are gamers as they seem to have no idea what the community wants.

My stance is simple. If Sentinels stay in AQ in their current iteration, I will leave the game behind and regain a portion of my life. I want to have fun when I play a game. MCoC hasn't been fun for about a year now. I have only stayed this long out of loyalty to my alliance with the hopes that Kabam would address the myraid problems with this game. They have not. Will Kabam miss my ~$150/year spent on the game? Probably not. Irrelevant to me.
    Karakanli wrote: »
    So diversity and change, everythings alright. Getting used to those sentinels - why call them sentiloids when they are simple and pure sentinels? - yes, of course.

On day 5 this will gonna be a pure crazy run and I personally dont get why EVERY node on the whole map besides the semis and the boss should be a lazy cruise compared to some of the class specific sentinels and their abilities.

Given its a Feature, a mystic Sentinel permaperforming SP2 with triggering abilities on blocked SP and so with no possibity to Act at all on your own is definately overdone. Its the advanced Version of the widely discussed MD, Dexterity, PowerGain thing but far worse as evading even increases the sentinels Power gain. So no Block, no evade, just let your face get slapped?

They are quire different to the regular sentinel... abilities are much different and differ with class... they have no sp3.... they are plain and simply much different and not the same as regular sentinel.
    edited April 2018
    I a few weeks everyone will have learnt how to best cope with these guys and there will be no problem....
    Just put some focus and thought in and lets learn how to adapt....

When life throws you lemons.... make lemonade.....

When life throws you oranges dont try and make lemonade.....
    Learn how to make orange juice.....
    So they are exactly the same as the class diverse sentinels in Last months event... yeah?
    But thanks for answering the least important sentence in my post.

And oranges can also be used for ORANGE lemonade 😉

Is there a science hero with power control abilites btw?

To an extent there is quake.... as she doesnt need hit her target therefore stopping power gain.....
    Luke cage with exhaustion ...
    So they are exactly the same as the class diverse sentinels in Last months event... yeah?
    But thanks for answering the least important sentence in my post.

And oranges can also be used for ORANGE lemonade 😉

Amd yes same as wat we have been fighting in EQ....
  • CeresCPHCeresCPH Posts: 69
    Thank you ..... not!!

We dont need a lame increase in difficulty without getting better rewards! This update is an excellent example of how you game developers are only looking at a very narrow adjustment instead of looking at the full picture.

This is disrespectful to us players! Sentinels is a great feature but only if they are a introduced as a minor thing to a bigger makeover of the current AQ layout including rewards.

I am about to say that this approach is similar to your poor handling of the version 12 nerf!

Fix it, please! (Turn back to symbiods until the rewards are updated at least).
    Thanks for the champs @Maat1985 😃

So, they created diversity by including some Sentinelloids 😏 (ok?) that Force u to bring one or maybe two specific champs to Master one path in each tier? Wow thats so well done and so much of a change 🤣🤣🤣
    Luke cage is also kick ass to kill dorm and is bleed immune.... quake is amazing for alot if you know how to use her....
    At the moment personally i am going to see what works best out of
    GR, Blade, Luke Cage
    Or
    Medusa, GR, Luke Cage
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    I a few weeks everyone will have learnt how to best cope with these guys and there will be no problem....

When kabam throws you ****, what do you make of it? Chocolate Milkshake?

When kabam throws you ****, what do you make of it? Chocolate Milkshake?

Actually i make a sandwich and feed it to all the entitled ##### around here
  • SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 572 ★★★
    #NerfSentinelCans
  • General__RossGeneral__Ross Posts: 157
    I think I’m the only one who likes the change. AQ was too repetitive, can’t wait for the full release.
  • D14rockD14rock Posts: 31
    I think I’m the only one who likes the change. AQ was too repetitive, can’t wait for the full release.

So fighting the same different classes of Sentinels, all with the exact same move set isn't repetitive? AQ is a blast now.that I get to fight psylocke, AA, and now Sentinel over and over and over again. Lol
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    Luke cage is also kick ass to kill dorm and is bleed immune.... quake is amazing for alot if you know how to use her....
    At the moment personally i am going to see what works best out of
    GR, Blade, Luke Cage
    Or
    Medusa, GR, Luke Cage

I can say that Medusa, GR and Cage works quite well. Exactly the team I used, and haven't needed to use any items, granted it's only day 1.
  • Scud77Scud77 Posts: 86
    just looking at how my alliance have ended up I’d say difficulty has made a drastic change, and not all rely on damage over time champs
  • Scud77Scud77 Posts: 86
    I do feel the addition of the changes are premature, and sentinels are way Too OP, the way they are currently in game, we do map 3 and with the current AQ even our top guys are feeling it
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    The thing is kabam it aint the actual changes that are annoying it is the fact that we have had to change up our team by wasting more resources and we recieve the same rewards for it.

I guarantee if you had helped us by deranking some of our champions so that we could try prepare for it and we had some reward changes then we wouldn't mind the new enemies. You would have the couple comments that would still hate but the amount of hate that is being pushed your way would of been turned into something like "awesome new changes and we can prepare for it the right way".
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    They're not hard to fight per se, they're just annoying and obnoxious.

Symbioid on day 5: 30-40 second fight
    Sentinel on day1: 1 min 30 second fight

I mean.. yeah
  • RazyRazy Posts: 17
    420sam wrote: »
    So, you are making it more difficult yet not adjusting anything like rewards or even glory? Can I ask why? How does this benefit the players?

Was there anything done before that benefit to pkayer?