**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Quest Miniboss and Sentinel Refresh - April 2018 - Discussion Thread [Updated April 13]

Comments

• kbean3kbean3 Posts: 7
    Not everyone in every alliance has the right champs to deal with sentinels, but every line in AQ has one or multiple sentinels.
    For us to rank up champs that may be effective against sentinels, we need a lot of resources (gold, iso, t4b, t4c) and those take several months and a lot of money and grinding. So when the sentinels drop like this all of a sudden it's not a surprise that a vast majority will not be prepared. I expect my alliance to stop playing AQ by tomorrow out of sheer exasperation.
  • kbean3kbean3 Posts: 7
    Balancing the right team now has to be bleed immune or poison immune, not to mention be able to kill a nightcrawler, survive a sentinel and hold a candle against dormammu and be able to regenerate life or life steal.
    Good luck and happy potion buying
  • daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Posts: 437
    Sentinels in map 5 whilst a completely natural evolvement has rendered a majority of our rosters pointless. Damage over time champs aided us no end in all forms of the game. I have had to leave my alliance of 17 months as i was letting them down massively, unfortunately now i have no enthusiasm for the game and have only been logging on for the calendar rewards recently.
    Kabams silence has been deafening. I believe they have realised they need to nerf but won't say publicly.
    I'm also pretty bemused that the main you tubers who always claim to be on the side of the everyday players haven't cottoned on to the current bad feeling.
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    D14rock wrote: »
    Has anybody even mentioned the fact that kabam clearly stated that they didn't want AQ to be the focus anymore and they wanted AW to be the game mode everyone focused towards for the better rewards. Why then am I spending more pots in each of the first 3 days of AQ than I ever do in AW, even against a really good defense?.... it can't be just because I'm not used to sentinels.. i have fought plenty of them in master and uncollected eq on 2 different a count and they near as bad the AQ ones.. you tell us to use class advantage to bear them.. exactly what skill champ can i use against science sentinel on heal block path? Or right there as garnet any bleed immune skill Champs... and the only science champ I can use against the mystic sentinel on that same path is LC.... give me a break?! Of course there are other bleed immune champs, but how many of them have strong armor break to counter not being able to have a class advantage? Ultron has armore break.. used him.. he sucks too..So you guys had to go ahead and rush this new map out even though it wasn't ready or even the end of the season yet and just lazily switched syms out for a sentinel of the same class when they don't even fit with a path..

Hulk, Captain Marvel, Storm, Crossbones, SpiderGwen, Thor and many more Destroy the sentinels.
  • IanMoone89IanMoone89 Posts: 590
    edited April 2018
    Fact remains that it doesnt matter if rewards are buffed up, its the idea that sentinels can automatically fire sp2 then sp1 making the fights unfair no matter how you look at it...first we had the collector money grab BS now we have sentinels who are more aggressive then syms and are capable of attacking much faster
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    Can't believe so many are having a tough time with these Sentinels. My alliance are using items like crazy. I do path 8 in sections 1 and 2 AQ. Have already fought 1 mystic, 1 science, 1 tech, 1 skill immune, and 2 mystic poison and just now lost my Hulk 5star rank 3. My Captain Marvel 5star r4 still sitting at full health and my Storm 5star r4 little over 70% health. Sure first couple days were tough trying to get used to these bulky and slow sentinels, but once you get the hang of them, they're not so bad. I do have a request though, their first specials are very hard to bait. They don't use them that often. Forcing us to take block damage from a special 2. That is all.
  • Bonecrusher69Bonecrusher69 Posts: 10
    Day 4 AQ prestige of over 8k a line of 13k sentinels with 200%+ health node takes the sentinels to over 80k + and with a rank 4 SL 5* the sentinels hit through block and destroys me. Next use storm rank 4 5* and after almost 100 hits he goes unblockable and smashes me. Um I’ve been playing this game for 3 years too long now, but that’s definitely more difficult than a symbioid I could take down in around 20 hits. You just made AQ annoying to play, if I play to not get hit it means I hit 5 - 10 and bait out L1 then evade twice and do it all again not just once or twice but at least 6-7 times for one 3 minute match. Ughhh who finds that enjoying ... not l
  • LBSLBS Posts: 4
    Can't believe so many are having a tough time with these Sentinels. My alliance are using items like crazy. I do path 8 in sections 1 and 2 AQ. Have already fought 1 mystic, 1 science, 1 tech, 1 skill immune, and 2 mystic poison and just now lost my Hulk 5star rank 3. My Captain Marvel 5star r4 still sitting at full health and my Storm 5star r4 little over 70% health. Sure first couple days were tough trying to get used to these bulky and slow sentinels, but once you get the hang of them, they're not so bad. I do have a request though, their first specials are very hard to bait. They don't use them that often. Forcing us to take block damage from a special 2. That is all.

WOW! I have not enough words to thank you so much! Before your post I was convinced I have a problem with sentinels, but knowing that you have CapMarvel r4 storm r4 and Hulk r3 (5stars all) definitely SOLVED my concerns about!

Are you really not understanding? Let me try

I am a medium level player... In my ally we do map5... I have my champs and I always be on the top10 of my ally points rank
    Before sentinels
    I have NO BLADE, NO ICEMAN, NO GHOST, NO STARKY, NO MEDUSA... NO WOODOO, NO LUKE CAGE... NO THOR, NO STORM, NO GUILLO, NO CAP MARVEL...
    I’ve always done my paths with my starlord 5/50, my wolvy 5/50 and my ultron 4/40 (not awakened)
    By now I have no champs to fight sentinels at the end of the week... I’ll loose my champs before the second mini...

Btw, you have good champs to fight with, so my problem is solved...

I can’t believe...
  • zMaoriiboiizMaoriiboii Posts: 150
    Yep. Handed my notice to my alliance today. Only logged in for AQ and AW and now AQ is boring. Seems like the same fight over n over. At least with simboids(or what ever they were) had different specials so every fight at least seemed different. Maybe I'll be back when they figure out what they're doing. Until then. Laterz....
  • Eugene_VirtuosoEugene_Virtuoso Posts: 337
    NanaPoku wrote: »
    420sam wrote: »
    So, you are making it more difficult yet not adjusting anything like rewards or even glory? Can I ask why? How does this benefit the players?

As we said in that post, we are working on a full refresh. We are not at a place or time where we can increase the rewards or fully refresh the mode right now.

But you are at a place and time where you can increase difficulty for no obvious reason??

There is one obvious reason, more difficulty with regen champs not as useful = more money & units spent on health potions & revives.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    I love how Kabam are closing every thread on sentinels and directing people here to relay and questions, comments or concerns....while not responding to any questions, comments or concerns.

Kinda feels like ‘go here so we can ignore one thread rather than ignore multiple threads’.

Same as when they broke AW last year.
  • ditCdaveditCdave Posts: 35
    These Sentinels are a freaking idea.
    It took me 40 seconds to bait one to finally use his SP1 cause it’s in a power gain node.
    All I got to say is Kabam you done it again. And for me the last straw.
    Thanks for a, I would say wonderful but this game has rapidly been decreasing in fun. Thanks for nothing. I hope you continue your motto. Take the players money for all their worth for a sub-par game that causes so much issues and headache
  • MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 344 ★★
    Map 5 day 4. I am used to running the immune lane. The Skill Sentinels make it impossible. Just lost my entire team to the first one. I quit

I hear you same here bro. I can solo minis and bosses. Always run the immunity lane without problems. Today I'm wiped out after the skill sentinel.

@Kabam Miike people are quitting or leaving the alliances for the frustration caused by this change in game. I'm considering it myself...it's not funny anymore!
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    As long as folks will be hitting 6+ overpowered sentinels in AQ, you should provide more Halls of Healing and Gold Rush so we stand a chance, and can rank up effective champs that previously went unused.

I think it's a good call to make SOME content in the game extremely hard, almost "unbeatable". It should be content where I, as a player, have the ability to decide if I want to play, and back out when I need to.

Alliance Quests aren't that content. That's 30 people per Alliance you're forcing to dredge through this unbearable slop of insanity. That was absolutely a decision all about money. AQ is essential to building a roster, and you've effectively ruined that for a whole lot of people.

AQ should be more challenging, and changed. Kabam has made many awesome decisions over the past year that I'm thankful for. With this one, you only saw dollar signs. You're now the Wal-Mart of mobile games. Congrats on that.

I hope more people refuse now more than ever to open their wallets. I won't spend another dollar now that you've shown how greedy your hand really is.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    It's pretty awesome how the NC bosses know not to hit into the block of AA when they have a bleed on them. Really smart how they just hold block for 15 seconds till all the bleeds fall off so they can't get neurotoxined. Great work Kamab on making this game fun and interactive!!!
  • Bazza83Bazza83 Posts: 3
    Congratulations to the kabam team for once again screwing what used to be a fun game to play.
    Mike how can you not know that the difficulty has gotten worse? Do you not play the game? People have built up their rosters to complete aq and war with minimum potion use, you've basically forced people to bench wolverine and x23 as they are rendered useless now. I'm in a 11.8m alliance and not one person has had the same team this aq and people are having to use potions just to get through map5 thus making war even harder as we then have to spend units to get through. The damage you receive from the sentinels is ridiculous, most of the time they don't use their special 1, they also have 3 bars and not 2 like the syboids had and the damage from blocking the special 2 is unbelievable, I used Luke Cage agiainst the mystic sentinel and copped 650 per missile while blocking the special 2, you cannot say this is fair.
    You watch how many mid ranged alliances now drop doing map5/6 and just do war, what is the point of spending that much coin for **** rewards in aq? Maybe that's kabams plan, nobody will ever know how you guys think.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    How arethose sentinels treating Map6 alliances ?? Oh right... they don’t have to deal with this change. Everyone else running other maps has to adjust to changes to , approximately 20 nodes.
  • NorthwestbrosefNorthwestbrosef Posts: 156
    Too lazy to go back more than 5 pages. When was the last time we saw a mod in here?
  • JbeardJbeard Posts: 4
    Of course they new it would get harder that why they changed them so it cost us more to buy revives an health, they say in a comment that sentinel don’t like armour break, so why didn’t they give the players a heads up so we could of levelled different champion for it, an they say they can’t change rewards at the moment in time but it’s easy for they to add sentenial an new mini boss come on kabam your players ain’t that stupid
  • BillLisBackBillLisBack Posts: 25
    You just described
    MEKA5 wrote: »
    Map 5 day 4. I am used to running the immune lane. The Skill Sentinels make it impossible. Just lost my entire team to the first one. I quit

I hear you same here bro. I can solo minis and bosses. Always run the immunity lane without problems. Today I'm wiped out after the skill sentinel.

@Kabam Miike people are quitting or leaving the alliances for the frustration caused by this change in game. I'm considering it myself...it's not funny anymore!

To the letter, this is my EXACT same experience
  • ChenChen Posts: 115
    It's not only the Sentinels either. Day 1 NC took as many hits as Rhino day 4-5. NC shouldn't have this high of health or armor, pretty crazy to have to time out on day 1-3 against an NC. Wait till we start getting Morningstar.
  • StrikerCStrikerC Posts: 10
    @Kabam Miike
    Why doesn't DIMINISHING RETURNS apply to sentinels? For update 12, you nerfed many of the best champs in the game to prevent them from having a 100% chance to do much of anything. Now after 20 charges, we get sentinels that have a 100% chance to power drain on basic hit or special when blocked if tech and nullify on hit if mystic. I can understand a change to aq but with no increase in rewards and no rank down tickets so we can rank up different champs, it's nothing more than a cash grab. We didn't even get much of a warning before this change, so that we can hold off on ranking up champs.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    Im like the new AQ but the boss Nc node defensive is so bad from me cant fight him if he dont use sp. Becasse of thah node
  • TreininTreinin Posts: 208 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    @Kabam Miike

I'm not normally one for complaining on the forums, but this one has really f-ed up the game for me. I am an officer in an alliance that has been running 5X5. We are one of those alliances that this was already a struggle to do. Since the introduction of these sentinels we have had 4-5 people say they are leaving after this round of AQ because it is just too much for them to handle. This puts a big burden on our recruiting.

This was not a SMALL tweak. This was a considerable increase in difficulty with no improvement to rewards. It is just an obvious unit grab to make people spend to keep clearing content they were able to clear without units before and it is driving people away from the game.

I love this game but you really did blow this one, and it is costing you players.

Sincerely
  • ChenChen Posts: 115
    Gamer wrote: »
    Im like the new AQ but the boss Nc node defensive is so bad from me cant fight him if he dont use sp. Becasse of thah node

I like the new minibosses but tone down the health, we shouldn't be timing out on day 1 with 140 hits.