**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Infinity Chaos Event Energy Requirements [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    well this completion event totally sucks

Sure does.

I'm not spending anything on refills unless time starts running out.
  • Options
    Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    I like how last months was 6 small paths with an easy boss, while this one is 7 long paths with a difficult boss. Actually I don’t like that...
  • Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    Anmael wrote: »
    Hey KABAM,
    Thumb's up on the Chaos Rift rewards, THUMBS WAY DOWN on extending the length of all of the paths in this month's Infinity Chaos event quest to milk us out of energy refills! To effectively take advantage of the Chaos Rifts, we pretty much have to 100% all of the difficulties of the event quest. You have clearly, by design, made the paths insanely and unnecessarily long to maximize players having to buy energy refills to get this silly thing done.

I haven't done the math (and I am sure someone will), but it takes 78 energy to run the SHORTEST path on the final quest in Heroic! That requires an energy refill by itself! You can't even run a single line without using resources! Most of the enemies on the upper levels have somewhere between 3-6 nodes between them. That is 9-18 energy just getting from one enemy to another! WTF?

I have to wonder when if you tally it all up it wouldn't just be cheaper to buy one of your more terrible offers to get what we are going to get from the rifts! This is a disservice to your players. Please don't do this again, or at least put out a great offer for energy refills while something like this is in play. I think community preference would be the former, though.

Jerk move, Kabam!

Every EQ has varied in energy requirements. Not sure why you think this time is any different. It will change every month. Sometimes its not longer paths but extra paths. While I don't disagree that for MCOC, energy requirements is completely skewed, it does change month to month. It would be better to be able to stack energy like in MFF and MSF but since they make a pretty penny off the refills, its not going to happen.

Last year, the 'fast path' for this event was 36 energy. This one is 78. The rewards are the same. This is the issue. Sorry if you aren't seeing it.

Did you not read what I wrote? I said they vary in requirements. Also Uncollected wasn't around last year either. There have been a few EQ's with a path that required 36 and there have been others that required more. On of the mod's commented that the overall energy spent per each type of quest/chapter stays roughly the same. That means the amount of energy spent stays about the same but the path requirement seems longer. The rewards don't have anything to do with the amount of energy spent or required. Heroic and Master quests can almost be done fully on auto fight now. I'm happy with getting pretty much free resources for not having to spend any extra resources besides energy.

You clearly don't understand my point if you're discussing uncollected and master rewards. I'm talking specifically about the 'fast' path that people spam for the event completion for 250 4 star shards. The shortest possible path for the most points has done nothing but increase over the last year. It was 36 around this time last year, and this time it's 78. You can talk about other things all you want, but you can't justify why they needed the one path that people will actually try to rerun for completion points to suddenly cost that much energy.

@KhanMedina you are sorely mistaken if you think Kabam designs quests around being able to have 1 path for completion events. Thats not their goal. Never has been, never will be. The OVERALL energy doesn't vary much from EQ to EQ. I was commenting on the OP's comment on saying the total energy requirement went up. You brought up the speed path and rewards first. I was pointing out that the energy requirements varies and so rewards should stay the same. They aren't going to increase rewards because the "fast" path is longer. Not only that but the completion event fell at the start of a new EQ. Fast paths shouldn't matter when you have every difficultly that can contribute points. Just explore the quests and you'll hit your alliance minimums.

We are obviously focused on different points here. We are going for rank rewards for shards so fast path matters alot. This may not be applicable to you, but it is to most of those upset at the 78+ pt paths.
  • Options
    GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    chunkyb wrote: »
    Good to know. Not really sure how things even out in comparison to other quests then. I thought the less path quests might have been the way it worked but I guess not.

It’s a recent change they made. They just removed a few paths in beginner making it easier for new players to complete it. It makes a lot of the parts worth walking for the units.
    Anmael wrote: »
    Hey KABAM,
    Thumb's up on the Chaos Rift rewards, THUMBS WAY DOWN on extending the length of all of the paths in this month's Infinity Chaos event quest to milk us out of energy refills! To effectively take advantage of the Chaos Rifts, we pretty much have to 100% all of the difficulties of the event quest. You have clearly, by design, made the paths insanely and unnecessarily long to maximize players having to buy energy refills to get this silly thing done.

I haven't done the math (and I am sure someone will), but it takes 78 energy to run the SHORTEST path on the final quest in Heroic! That requires an energy refill by itself! You can't even run a single line without using resources! Most of the enemies on the upper levels have somewhere between 3-6 nodes between them. That is 9-18 energy just getting from one enemy to another! WTF?

I have to wonder when if you tally it all up it wouldn't just be cheaper to buy one of your more terrible offers to get what we are going to get from the rifts! This is a disservice to your players. Please don't do this again, or at least put out a great offer for energy refills while something like this is in play. I think community preference would be the former, though.

Jerk move, Kabam!

Every EQ has varied in energy requirements. Not sure why you think this time is any different. It will change every month. Sometimes its not longer paths but extra paths. While I don't disagree that for MCOC, energy requirements is completely skewed, it does change month to month. It would be better to be able to stack energy like in MFF and MSF but since they make a pretty penny off the refills, its not going to happen.

Last year, the 'fast path' for this event was 36 energy. This one is 78. The rewards are the same. This is the issue. Sorry if you aren't seeing it.

Did you not read what I wrote? I said they vary in requirements. Also Uncollected wasn't around last year either. There have been a few EQ's with a path that required 36 and there have been others that required more. On of the mod's commented that the overall energy spent per each type of quest/chapter stays roughly the same. That means the amount of energy spent stays about the same but the path requirement seems longer. The rewards don't have anything to do with the amount of energy spent or required. Heroic and Master quests can almost be done fully on auto fight now. I'm happy with getting pretty much free resources for not having to spend any extra resources besides energy.

You clearly don't understand my point if you're discussing uncollected and master rewards. I'm talking specifically about the 'fast' path that people spam for the event completion for 250 4 star shards. The shortest possible path for the most points has done nothing but increase over the last year. It was 36 around this time last year, and this time it's 78. You can talk about other things all you want, but you can't justify why they needed the one path that people will actually try to rerun for completion points to suddenly cost that much energy.

@KhanMedina you are sorely mistaken if you think Kabam designs quests around being able to have 1 path for completion events. Thats not their goal. Never has been, never will be. The OVERALL energy doesn't vary much from EQ to EQ. I was commenting on the OP's comment on saying the total energy requirement went up. You brought up the speed path and rewards first. I was pointing out that the energy requirements varies and so rewards should stay the same. They aren't going to increase rewards because the "fast" path is longer. Not only that but the completion event fell at the start of a new EQ. Fast paths shouldn't matter when you have every difficultly that can contribute points. Just explore the quests and you'll hit your alliance minimums.

We are obviously focused on different points here. We are going for rank rewards for shards so fast path matters alot. This may not be applicable to you, but it is to most of those upset at the 78+ pt paths.

If you’re spamming one path, spam a story one then. There is The Deal and there’s one in act 5 that’s good energy vs point wise (but you can’t autobattle)
  • Options
    StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    Hey All,

While the actual amount of energy to finish a Path in a certain Quest might change from Event Quest to Event Quest, the overall amount of Energy required to Master the entire Quest does not change too much. There will be a little bit of a discrepancy from month to month, with some requiring more energy, and some requiring less energy, but overall, it is not changing too much.

Yeah well it's not just the longer paths it's also the fact that there are 7 paths now instead of 6 in the last 2 or 3 events! I'd say that's a bit more than a little difference!
  • Options
    Eric1988Eric1988 Posts: 100
    igc2q7dhwi3o.jpg
  • Options
    5885 total energy to 100% all
  • Options
  • Options
    Less time than it takes to run 90% of a path, ask for help wait for help and nrg to refresh, then finally finish one, single path?
  • Options
    I mean... I like the new nodes. There's been an uptick in creativity lately imo. The boss rush w player input was cool even tho many didn't like it. Modok is always fun and great rewards. These eq nodes are pretty great. I just don't like the nrg cost situation.
  • Options
    Almost 4 extra energy refills for each heroic and master
  • Options
    MightylibraMightylibra Posts: 185
    Yeah, more than 20% increase in energy cost. If if wasn’t greedy, I don’t know what is. That’s sickening.