**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Symbiotic Spiderman Vs King Groot who is better cosmic champ.

Samie5543Samie5543 Posts: 8
edited April 2018 in Suggestions and Requests
I'm running low on ISO so whom should I upgrade the most and why???
And discuss about their signature abilities. Can K.Groot stand in front of symbiotic Spiderman's crit.damage or he is worth more than Spidey.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    MordridCowl_1979MordridCowl_1979 Posts: 199
    King Groot hands down. More sustainable. Fury ramp up equivalent to crit dmg. Poison on sp2, but sp3 is where it's at. That big regen along with the cool down regens make him the best choice.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,367 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    KG will get you way further, especially if Awakened. You'll need to be patient with him, as his basic damage is infuriatingly low.

Sym Spidey has his uses (like taking out Killmonger and Sentinels) but is quite a glass cannon. He really can't take a hit!
  • Options
    Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited April 2018
    If you look for a sustainability champ then obviously King Groot.His regeneration is really good and he could resist a whole hard quest thanks to it. His damage output though is low. He's useless if You have him unduped though.

If you look for High damage then Spidey is your answer. Also really good for Sentinels, Killmonger (as well as everyone reliable on armor) and even Modok since He relies on heavy attacks for his high damage output.
  • Options
    i would go for Symbiote Spider-Man beacause at r4 as 4star his sp2 crits for around 8k....
  • Options
    LordBaldyBaldLordBaldyBald Posts: 265
    King groot means you live longer, but that’s offset by how long your fight’s going to be. Yes he has great regen and he can get fury, but your fury gain is random and if he’s unduped, your only regen is through your sp3 which means you’re not using your other specials for more damage and he hits like a twig. Use him if you’re not great at intercepting and dodging. Spidey on the other hand has decent damage, a long armor break on his heavy (pretty much will last the whole match) that you can stack, and his sp2 is a guaranteed crit. I have an unduped 4* rank 3 symbiote spidey. I heavy attacked the Maestro and put 7 armor breaks on him before using my sp2. I took out 74% of his health. So you’d probably outright destroy most champs. Plus duped he get an evade chance. So really it’s more dependent on your playstyle. (Cuz King Groot is also bleed immune)
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    KG awakend makes a great defender though..... for the simple fact he is a tank to destroy
  • Options
    DRTODRTO Posts: 1,619 ★★★★★
    King groot needs to be awakened to serve any use on AW defense, but he's not that good on offense. I really like symbiote spidey, just stack the armor breaks and he hits like a truck.
  • Options
    Tropical_ChrisTropical_Chris Posts: 137
    King groot means you live longer, but that’s offset by how long your fight’s going to be. Yes he has great regen and he can get fury, but your fury gain is random and if he’s unduped, your only regen is through your sp3 which means you’re not using your other specials for more damage and he hits like a twig. Use him if you’re not great at intercepting and dodging. Spidey on the other hand has decent damage, a long armor break on his heavy (pretty much will last the whole match) that you can stack, and his sp2 is a guaranteed crit. I have an unduped 4* rank 3 symbiote spidey. I heavy attacked the Maestro and put 7 armor breaks on him before using my sp2. I took out 74% of his health. So you’d probably outright destroy most champs. Plus duped he get an evade chance. So really it’s more dependent on your playstyle. (Cuz King Groot is also bleed immune)

Lol. King Groot’s furies are not random at all, they’re periodic :wink:

12 second furies, then 8 second regen (if you’re duped) :smile:

He’s by no means a hard hitter, but he’s a survivor! :smile:

Sure you can also regen with x23 or wolverine and they hit much harder, but sometimes they’re locked up in AQ or AW. Or sometimes, you just need more survivors in your 5man team. Or maybe, you need somebody who can shrug off debuffs ...then KG’s your guy :smile:

Personally, i use my 4* 5/50 KG a lot in questing :smile: my x23 is usually busy with AQ and my GR in AW. That leaves my King Groot as a path clearer in regular questing, without me having to spend much on pots.
  • Options
    Tropical_ChrisTropical_Chris Posts: 137
    rooster30 wrote: »
    Personally i have 0 use for kg. there’s better regen/sustainability champs out there and as has been stated, he hits like a wet noodle after a ride thru a blender. It sounds like people championing him take a lot of block damage or aren’t great at not getting hit. It will all depend on your specific needs and style, but I’d go out on a limb and say a good 75% of players would say sym spidey over kg and it’s not even close.

If you like regen champs, then you’d probably love KG. If not, then you wont like him :wink:

Sure, they may be other champs out there that can regen, but they’re probably stuck in AW or AQ. Or you mean need somebody that can regen and shruf off debuffs :smile:

Oh, and in last month’s uncollected special bias sentinel, he tanked sentinel’s SP3 and lived to tell about it :wink:
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,429 ★★★★
    rooster30 wrote: »
    Personally i have 0 use for kg. there’s better regen/sustainability champs out there and as has been stated, he hits like a wet noodle after a ride thru a blender. It sounds like people championing him take a lot of block damage or aren’t great at not getting hit. It will all depend on your specific needs and style, but I’d go out on a limb and say a good 75% of players would say sym spidey over kg and it’s not even close.

For AW defense sym spidey is as useless on even the crit node as a high sig duped kg is useful on a regen node. Just wait out spidey's post-special evades and he's toast while kg has several regen opportunities during a long fight, especially if the AI decides to hold out for the sp3. For attack, they're at best fourth or lower on the cosmic depth chart