**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[iOS] Lag and Performance Investigation

Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the iOS version of The Contest, please reply using the template below. This thread is for iOS users only.

Device and Model: (Example, iPhone 7)
Device Operating System: (Example, iOS 11) You can find out the operating system on an iPhone by going to Settings, then General and scrolling down to “Version.”
Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the App Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. (Example, 17.1.5)
Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

Comments

• Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★
    Iphone 7
    Ios 11.3 but even before the last iOS I've noticed lag issues.
    Wifi and cellular.
    Game version 17.2 but I've noticed lag also on the previous release (17.1?)
    Suffering from lag issues, especially when dashing back after releasing block.
  • Ground_Round1Ground_Round1 Posts: 1,012
    Ipad Air...fully updated on wifi.
    freezes on loading page between fights, then kick me out of game.
    It does this on arenas, AW and AQ.

Thanks for looking into this. My iPad was always smooth to play on...now it is undependable.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    Iphone 7 plus ios 11.3 128 gig, wifi and cellular, game version 17.2 i've notice alot of lags in AQ, AW and while playing in Quest, yesterday while playing in quest i was using blade and i was fighting black panther SW and while fighting i dash back and my blade did a heavy, also there's time i will parry and instead i do a light attack
  • GrafikdevGrafikdev Posts: 35
    Device and Model: iPhone 6s
    Device Operating System: 9.2.3
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game Version Installed: 17.2.0
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest & Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Battery draining/overheating in every aspect of the game.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    iPhone se 11.2..2 wifi or data connection, control and lag issues regularly, blocks don’t work 1/20 times, even though I have my thumb there for a long time before I take a hit. Sometimes heavy charges randomly, often dexterity shows as I get hit (single contact hit) but most noticeably swiping back is very temperamental and it often just parries when I swipe, it’s as if parry overrides the evade command
  • KarinshiKarinshi Posts: 280 ★★
    iPad mini 4
    iOS 11.3
    Both WiFi and cellular
    All game modes
    every time I ask for help ( in arena or energy ) as soon as anyone from my alliance hit that help button, I get huge lag in-game, even though in 17.2 changelog you guys said it has been fixed, but it's not!
    in the mean time, you guys can partially solve this by sort all used champ in arena at the bottom, this way we don't have to press help for every single champ we used in arena, nor we have to scroll down for 15 sec just to pick the next team!!
  • CJDorro12CJDorro12 Posts: 9
    edited April 2018
    CJDorro12 wrote: »
    Hi recently updated to the newsest IOS 11.3
    I have an Iphone 6s
    Ever since I updated to the IOS 11.3 (last week)
    my champs in arena, aw, aq, and quests randomly stop fighting and blocking. I tried to reload the app and reload it. I then tried to adjust the touch sensititivy on my phone. But nothing seems to work. Please fix the problem. I have lost resources trying to overcome this issues. Add from my post earlier, champs randomly dash forward

Happened again in AQ right now, go to block YJ’s sp1 move and my champ doesn’t move at all. tomers.
    Post edited by Kabam Lyra on
  • ThorThor Posts: 14

Device and Model: iPhone 8, iPad Air 2
    Device Operating System: iOS 11.3 (also happened before updating in 11.2)
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi and Cellular
    Game Version Installed: 841728/17.2
    Game Mode: All (Event quest, Chaos Rifts, AQ, AW)
    Description of the Issue:
    Common:
    - Right after using parry to stun someone when trying to use a heavy champs just don't do anything.
    - Since 3 Updates sometimes impossible to chain a special to a 5 or even 4 combo, since 17.2 it even happens that after using a special my champ gets hit instantly (happened with voodoo after s2: i was attacked during the end of my special animation) -->Too fast AI recovery
    - ...basically what @SomeoneElse said...every single problem of the list happened to me too (before reading the list i thought i might just have slipped...but that seems suspicious).
  • Darren80Darren80 Posts: 1
    Device and Model: iPhone 6
    Device Operating System: iOS 11.3
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 17.2
    Very laggy after the latest updates 17.2 version. Phone become hot after 10-15min playing and the battery draining tremendously fast from 100% to 50% in 1hour time. Don't think is my battery problem as I just changed my new genuine battery 1 month ago. Before updates, playing smoothly in AW & AQ, but after the updates games played horrible and even can't play smoothly in Arena. Continuing streak game is a big problem now as can't parry and dex well. Dare not join AW & AQ due to this issue which feel this game no longer fun!!! Please fix this or let us know if KABAM still supporting iPhone 6. (Quote from your true 3 years MCOC player here)
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    iPhone X
    iOS 11.3
    Both WiFi and 3G/4G
    AW, AQ and Some quests (never in arena!)
    All champs. All opponents.

Various game breaking issues. Most common: after a successful parry, my champ dashes back instead of attacking. Then freezes to the spot. Or will dash back again when another attack is ordered. These issues currently occur in 75+ percent of all AQ and AW fights. A normal fight is increasingly rare.

Somewhat less common: losing block, freezing mid combo, specials not firing, even though visuals indicate the button was pressed, unintentional heavy, and freezing while blocking: champ can’t break out of block and may eat a heavy.

More general: AI recovery is off the charts, frame rate issues, sluggish response to input, sometimes my commands are ignored altogether for seconds at a time. When they are finally acknowledged, I’m punching air.

Of note: AW and AQ are by far affected the most. I did notice similar issues in hard (act V) quests, but nowhere near as frequent or severe. I have never encountered any issue in arena.

Lastly: I close everything when I play, don’t ask for in game help, and tend to play with 80 percent charge or better. Phone does not run hot.

• Clinton2111Clinton2111 Posts: 130
    edited April 2018
    Cellular or WiFi: Wi-Fi (I use a VPN to play, as without a VPN I keep getting a false connection issue as mentioned here, But the same lag is experienced even without using the VPN)
    Game Mode: AQ, AW, EQ, Arena (basically any fight after a certain passage of time has passed in the game)

• Most noticeable issue is that the battery drain is insane. In around 20 mins my fully charged battery is almost drained to 20 -15 percent
    • After spending around 5 mins into the game the device becomes very hot and there are a lot of frame rate drops
    • I have experienced the issue where my champ would not attack at times (recently in the EQ - 3.1 Master Glave vs my 5* R3 GR)
    • I have to keep restarting the game every 5-7 mins if I don't want to experience any lag or before important fights in Alliance events
    • Dashbacks when trying to parry sometimes and sometimes blocks are just broken
    • Champs stop attacking mid combo

• Tdtm11Tdtm11 Posts: 9
    acer iconia one 7
    android 6.0
    wifi
    Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest
    after 5 min Slow champ responses, sluggish hits, blocks and dashes
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    I have an I pad air. Latest updates McCoy and iOS. Effects all fight modes It seems to me like at diffent times in the fights auto fight takes over. Sometimes good and sometimes bad outcomes . But what I tell the game to do I decides to do something different. So I’m guessing auto fight is taking over or AI defense has too much control of the game. Thanks. And good luck . This is an awsome game that gameplay is being driven into the ground
  • BassanioBassanio Posts: 162
    Device Operating System: iOS 10.3.2
    Very laggy after the latest updates 17.2 version.

Before updates, playing smoothly in AW & AQ, but after the updates games played horrible and crash all the time especial at the moment of start a fight.
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 628 ★★★
    iphone 8 plus
    ios 11.0
    Cellular and wifi
    All activities
    Champion moving on the left instead of dashing torward opponent or punching him. No blocking / no reaction. Short punch instead of moving toward opponents
    Some lags, hopefully reduced by power of iphone 8 plus
    Recently a game crash
    Outside fight, sometimes missing contents in the screen (feature champion, banners ...)
  • iamthegodofwariamthegodofwar Posts: 74
    Device Operating System: iOS 11.2.6
    Slower loading time. Fights are very laggy and unresponsive. Overheating of phone. I’ve also seen the screenshot of twittwit above.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Ipod Touch 6
    Connection Wifi
    Operating System: 11:3
    App Update Ver 17.2.0
    Champs are evading instead of performing medium attacks

Champs are also evading instead of blocking.
    Also instant lag spike at the start of the fight
  • Iphone8
    iOS 11.3
    Wi-fi

2 main issues:
    Unresponsive controls - particularly experienced in Alliance quest and resulting in left swipes not registering so evade/dash back action doesn’t happen.

Chat - messages to in game friends do not appear in the chat window unless you exit and come back later. Time to display seems to vary. Can start working again for short period following closure and reopening of MCOC.

Both above extremely frustrating for different reasons.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    Device and Model: Iphone 7+
    Device Operating System: Up to date
    Game Version Installed: Latest version
    Game Mode: All game modes
    -specials frequently blocked after MLLLM combo. Dr Voodoos L2 gets blocked very often in AW attack if activated on an MLLLM even combo (10,20)
    -Evade unresponsive. Especially when attempting to evade a special or heavy attack. Swipe back does nothing some times.
    -Block/parry unresponsive after combo
    ( I believe all of the problems above are related to recovery time after a combo. Ai and player recovery time do
    not appear to be the same)
    - persistence connection issues on Cellular Data when other apps and programs seem to be running just fine.
  • TomahCTomahC Posts: 3
    Device and Model: iPhone 6+
    Device Operating System: 11.3
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quests and Alliance Wars
    Description of the Issue: Load times of up to a minute, constant lagging during fights, screen unresponsive a lot (losing blocks a lot), parries not triggering, the final hit of a 5 hit combo not registering sometimes, connection issues even though there's nothing wrong with my internet and other apps don't suffer any problems. I always make sure: there's no other devices are also on the internet, no other background apps are running, my internet cache is clear, have plenty of storage, my screen is clean and a hard reset occasionally and these problems still persist.
  • RKO_meRKO_me Posts: 154
    Device and Model: iPhone 8
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Mode: Arena
    Description of the Issue: General lag. My champions were either not responding with the same speed as normal (parrying/using dexterity) and had speed issues with basic offensive fighting mechanics (I got partied A LOT, and I rarely ever get parried in arena). The AI was behaving normally.
This discussion has been closed.