**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Infinity Chaos Event Energy Requirements [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Yeah, when I saw this thread when it first came out I didn't think it was that bad, I may have even commented as such, but now that I still have 1/2 a path left to barely finally 100% finish heroic, I have definitely changed my mind. This quest is way too long. I'm actually getting bored of it to the point I'm considering not even competing all of the difficulties. I try not to use energy refills and is taking forever. I don't even care about the rifts either. I haven't been able to do any but the first one they gave us and the month is almost half over...
  • Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    The longest path requires 93 energy... With an energy cap of 70, that's ridiculous...
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    I like dumping my remaining energy before calling it a night, waking up to full energy and still having to wait for help or use refills to finish a single path. It’s the best!
  • Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 584 ★★
    I am glad you took it back to the game team, but will anything be done this month to fix this event quest? Or will feedback be used on only future events??
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Yeah these long paths are terrible for my schedule, wake up and try do a run with my cleared aq champs then join aq, before I got to work, this way I have to either; not run it, use a refill everyday I’m in the 3:2 level for the final 6-20 energy I need or what I’ve been doing lately, have to join aq on my lunch break, as I’ve bought enough refills to not have actually 100% any of the difficulties yet, is this a ploy to get people to buy the 300 unit master key? So we can avoid heroic, newsflash, need the alphas anyway.
    just keeps reminding us that this game needs to be full time to even keep competing at a medium level, it’s the 13th today and I’ve not even earnt enough for a second rift (except the gifted one) either, and I play half hour in the morning, all lunchtime and 2-3 hours at night, ps even with that much gameplay, running out of gold too, the tweaks you keep makin should be to improve the games playability for long term players, not hinder it, seen a lot of fallout this month through the alliances, lots of 15k ones disbanded and high demand for retirement alliances. Gaming shouldn’t be a chore.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    Pacing in general seems way off this month...rifts get released and we can run a Beginner one and then...wait a week and a half. EQ has the goods to run more rifts and it has a significant energy increase replete with lots of empty nodes.

I realize every month can’t drop 5* shards like the BP and Modok events, but there’s a pretty clear line between building anticipation and stringing people along. This month feels like the latter.

Might be time to fire up a 50% off fire sale on refills in the unit store.

Dr. Zola
  • RodsteinRodstein Posts: 207
    Yeah that should help for the whole current situation which should be easy enough to implement @DrZola , also the whole increasing the energy cap would do for the other in game energy problems @BaccaBossMC i like to see nice easy solutions, lets hope @Kabam Lyra pass it on and is heard

@GroundedWisdom we are talking 200 energy plus the chaos rifts that are random and rrally hard to get to make it 'that' worth it, but to each their own
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    200 Energy. What did you get out of the Rifts? Chances are it was worth more than 90 Units.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★
    200 Energy. What did you get out of the Rifts? Chances are it was worth more than 90 Units.

Dude why can’t you just see that it’s been proven this event quest is substantially longer than others.

I get they all shouldn’t have to be the same, but look at these pics... should we really have to burn 3 energy per move while fighting nothing here?

uaelj0mnf8xn.jpeg
    5achs0ptkcpr.jpeg
    szkl1rvis6vb.jpeg
    aqxpmkuo65mc.jpeg
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★
    The 2nd image is using 18 energy just to get to the next fight, that’s almost a 3rd of energy we have. Just to move to a fight.
    We were just talking about substantially larger, ergo 200 Energy. That Energy added can be justified by the Rewards given for Rifts.
    Where the game is headed? If the game is headed to a place where people have to put in effort for substantial Rewards, then I have no problems with that. If the expectation is to give more for doing the same, or less, you will find I'm not on board. Unless people expected the Rifts and the Rewards to come without effort, in which case there's not much reasoning.
    Energy has been scaled based on the Rewards.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi all!

I wanted to drop in and thank you all for your feedback about the energy requirements of this month's event. We've shared your concerns with the game team and continue to welcome any additional feedback you have about the event. Thank you!

Why do I get the feeling that "I've taken it to the team" is Kabam's version of Michael's "special filing cabinet" for memos from cooperate form The Office?
    edited April 2018
    We were just talking about substantially larger, ergo 200 Energy. That Energy added can be justified by the Rewards given for Rifts.

Might want to add the word “potential” before Rewards. If it’s 90 units and a featured 5* crystal, then, why, yes it’s worth it. If it’s a 1* chest then not hardly.

Dr. Zola
    I am glad you took it back to the game team, but will anything be done this month to fix this event quest? Or will feedback be used on only future events??

Neither.
    edited April 2018
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi all!

I wanted to drop in and thank you all for your feedback about the energy requirements of this month's event. We've shared your concerns with the game team and continue to welcome any additional feedback you have about the event. Thank you!

Why do I get the feeling that "I've taken it to the team" is Kabam's version of Michael's "special filing cabinet" for memos from cooperate form The Office?

Hilarious and sadly feels like it’s often true. Oh CM Sp2 fix, wherefore art thou? Oh Pure Skill, what’s in a name? Relegated to the purgatory called “under investigation,” I’m afraid.

Dr. Zola
    DrZola wrote: »

Might want to add the word “potential” before Rewards. If it’s 90 units and a featured 5* crystal, then, why, yes it’s worth it. If it’s a 1* chest then not hardly.

Dr. Zola

Even the lowest Reward is worth 90 Units, in terms of the value in-game. As for personally worth it, that's a matter of perspective.

Dr. Zola

Even the lowest Reward is worth 90 Units, in terms of the value in-game. As for personally worth it, that's a matter of perspective.

Wrong. I got a mystic t4cc with is basically garbage to me. I can't even sell it.
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    Where the game is headed?

Free-to-play is designed to goad players into spending.

Players get hooked through it's design and there is pressure to spend to progress.

If developers turn up the pressure to spend so much, the addiction will not be strong enough to keep players playing.

Devs will only get away with what the community allows them to. And the community is sick and tried of all the shenanigans since 12.0.

Where is this game headed? Somewhere not good. It used to be an actual game. Now it's cash grab at every turn.

Dr. Zola

Wrong. I got a mystic t4cc with is basically garbage to me. I can't even sell it.

I literally just commented that there's a difference between personal value and the actual value in-game.
    Mmx1991 wrote: »

Players get hooked through it's design and there is pressure to spend to progress.

If developers turn up the pressure to spend so much, the addiction will not be strong enough to keep players playing.

Devs will only get away with what the community allows them to. And the community is sick and tried of all the shenanigans since 12.0.

Where is this game headed? Somewhere not good. It used to be an actual game. Now it's cash grab at every turn.

Still promoting that conspiracy I see.
    edited April 2018

I literally just commented that there's a difference between personal value and the actual value in-game.

In-game worth translates to personal worth. If it's worthless to him in game it's worthless to him personally.

What's not to get?

Dr. Zola

I don't care about your perceived "in game value". T4cc are worthless to endgame players and a complete waste of units and energy to obtain.

It's not a conspiracy to say that a developer wants to earn money through it's free to play design and it's not conspiracy to say they tune things to make more money.

You have reading comprehension problems man.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    You squeeze the goose properly by letting it think there's a chance you'll let go and by doing it differently each time.

High achievers will purchase refills because of the rifts and legend runs,, casual players will purchase refills to ensure they get through in time and still have a go at a rift.

Why not increase the energy use in the rift and reduce EQ? Even purchasing a full refill for one run through is only 30 units.

edited April 2018

Dr. Zola

I’m pretty sure players don’t slog through all the empty nodes in UC, burning resources or buying them to get done (so they have time to jump right into Heroic and then Master to do it all again), all in hopes of landing 1000 5* shards from a 1* chest. I think I’m in pretty good company if I say that that isn’t worth it.

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola

I don't care about your perceived "in game value". T4cc are worthless to endgame players and a complete waste of units and energy to obtain.

It's not perceived. Whether you can use it or not, it still has a value.

It's not a conspiracy to say that a developer wants to earn money through it's free to play design and it's not conspiracy to say they tune things to make more money.

You have reading comprehension problems man.

Saying a Dev wants to make money is redundant, but not conspiracy. No. Obviously they want to make money.
    Implying they alter things to make money is conspiracy, and it's one that you keep trying to promote.

Dr. Zola

It's not perceived. Whether you can use it or not, it still has a value.

Wrong. Something that I can't sell that expires from my overflow is the definition of worthless.