**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Quest Miniboss and Sentinel Refresh - April 2018 - Discussion Thread [Updated April 13]

Comments

• NinjaiXNinjaiX Posts: 41
    Nihung wrote: »
    NinjaiX wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike do you still believe the sentinels are not harder? I still want to see you fight one to prove us all wrong

@NinjaiX , I personally don't find them hard, I find them easy, but saying that, I want them gone. They are boring. They are killing the game.

That's fair enough. I have no idea what level you are playing at but difficulty comes down to the map type, prestige and sentinel class right? I personally find them difficult. We do 5x5 and our AQ starting prestige is 6k and on day 5 the prestige is almost 10k. That means on day 1 they have 40k health which means you can't kill them quick and they get up to 40 analysis charges very quickly.
  • NinjaiXNinjaiX Posts: 41
    And it's not just facing one of those sentinels. It's facing them 7, 8, 9 times which gets to you.
  • DrVD99DrVD99 Posts: 71
    Sentiels is on most nodes. AQ maps are boring now to the point where half the player base do not even play and quit the game.

If the Whales want the Sentinels to stay then leave them in map 6. For the other maps 1-5, change back to Adapoids. Kabam need to keep new players and the majority of the player base happy or more of the players will quit soon.
  • kmbell81kmbell81 Posts: 47
    DrVD99 wrote: »
    Sentiels is on most nodes. AQ maps are boring now to the point where half the player base do not even play and quit the game.

If the Whales want the Sentinels to stay then leave them in map 6. For the other maps 1-5, change back to Adapoids. Kabam need to keep new players and the majority of the player base happy or more of the players will quit soon.

Map 6 doesn’t have sentineloids. That’s why the whales aren’t upset by the change. It does not affect them.
  • NihungNihung Posts: 108
    DNA3000 wrote: »

I know it will probably be seen as heresy by some to say this, but I've been thinking that this AQ change may justify granting RDTs.

@DNA3000 , I don't think RDT's will solve the problem.

The issues why people want Sentinels gone range from they are hard to play, to the animation is boring, to they require no skill.

I posted above that I don't find them hard to play against . For me it is purely about playability. I love the fact you have to vary your attacks and defence as well as skill. Sentinels have changed that. They just involved button mashing with an occasional block.

The fun is gone for me. I genuinely want Kabam to look at this thread and develop this game to the next level. Sentinels are a backward step IMHO.

w5x2ch4cl0nd.jpg
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    edited April 2018
    All this is doing is widening the gap between the elite map6 runners and the mid-high end gamers. We went from running map 5/5 the last year to now a 5/5/5/3/3 schedule. This day 3 map5 is even tougher than last weeks with more deaths and despair. I’m starting to see more people wanting to rage quit and the only thing holding back from doing so is not wanting to let the alliance down. Something has to change soon. Watched a couple videos yesterday of aggravated guys selling off all their champs and items. I guess that’s one way of cold turkey quitting. There’s no coming back at that point
  • Vincew80Vincew80 Posts: 196 ★★
    So who’s everyone using successfully on Morningstar, specifically the 2nd one? We’re struggling big time.. not cause she’s difficult but because we don’t have a bunch of r4+ 5* dorms & GRs. Having to share mini boss kills due to timing out with our bleed immune champs on day 3 is feeling pretty ridiculous.

Mcord117 wrote: »
    Vincew80 wrote: »
    So who’s everyone using successfully on Morningstar, specifically the 2nd one? We’re struggling big time.. not cause she’s difficult but because we don’t have a bunch of r4+ 5* dorms & GRs. Having to share mini boss kills due to timing out with our bleed immune champs on day 3 is feeling pretty ridiculous.

I am just throwing absurd amounts of potions stashed during the halls of healing at it. It’s not sustainable for me. Already notified alliance I am out after aq.

Anytime I’ve ever used potions before it was because I did something boneheaded & typically after several drinks. That was on me & could deal with that. However, when I can’t avoid dying/timing out because my best 5* champs are useless then it’s pretty tough to enjoy this. I’m hoping I’m missing something & there’s more than a couple champs will actually work.
  • AfridAfrid Posts: 529 ★★
    @Vincew80 I've been using r3 5* LC. Others in my alliance have one shotted her with quake too.
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    I am hopeful that the upcoming changes announced will take players feelings into account.
    #ibelievein@"Kabam Miike"
  • NragedSixxNragedSixx Posts: 3
    GR does really good against Morningstar, fight is longer though.
    @afrid I’m using him too & he worked on the 1st mini but not on the 2nd one. I originally planned on taking him to r4 just for her but I can’t see him working on day 4 or 5 even then. One teammate with an r4 dorm got her to 12% before he timed out today after 186 hits.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    I'm still waiting to hear what the "very common counter" for Morningstar with 100% power gain and 5 souls is. Day 5 is going to be a blood bath, wait and see.
  • teekqteekq Posts: 190
    Well 5star r4 iceman still isn’t enough to solo second Morningstar. And timed out take half of your health.
  • kmbell81kmbell81 Posts: 47
    teekq wrote: »
    Well 5star r4 iceman still isn’t enough to solo second Morningstar. And timed out take half of your health.

That’s only on day 3. I cannot imagine what day 5 is gonna be like.
  • Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 468 ★★
    kmbell81 wrote: »
    teekq wrote: »

That’s only on day 3. I cannot imagine what day 5 is gonna be like.

it's just a matter of time, you'll have to pass day 4 before xD
  • teekqteekq Posts: 190
    I don’t even want to think day 5 will be. Looks like we dropping down off expert tier
  • Foxtrot_Tango84Foxtrot_Tango84 Posts: 26
    edited April 2018
    Same here. I used a duped 4/55 Iceman on the 2nd MS on day 2 and timed out. There is no reason a 4/55 champ should be timing out on a mini. Kabam needs to seriously evaluate this. You significantly increaed the difficulty and didn't increase the rewards. It's a terrible move and I'm about done with this game. After 2+ years you guys almost have me tapping out.

Address these totally unnecessary changes or I'm out, and I'm sure a lot of people share my mindset on this.

Also, we better not be seeing more EQs with energy requirements like this current one. That's another huge issue with the gane right now that has people ready to quit.
    The bad part about this whole thing is they obviously didn’t even test their own changes & make sure they were somewhat reasonable. Had they done so we wouldn’t have gotten the ignorant remarks like sentinels aren’t harder, we wouldn’t be timing out on day 3 & the extra node on section 1 would’ve been caught before it ever got released.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    edited April 2018

Like @Afrid said I used a 5* rank 3 LC. Our prestige is high enough that MS is maxed out on health on Day 3. Use MLLLL to give the highest chances on stacking debuffs and as many SP3’s as possible. Don’t try and bait SP1 just go straight to SP2 as it is much easier to bait. It’s unblockable but not hard to evade at all as it is identical to something like a Cyc SP1 or a Iceman SP1. That being said I still came close to timing out. A rank 4 I would imagine would have no issue but unless you’re using him for something else I’m not sure it’s worth a rankup just for MS.

Like @Afrid said I used a 5* rank 3 LC. Our prestige is high enough that MS is maxed out on health on Day 3. Use MLLLL to give the highest chances on stacking debuffs and as many SP3’s as possible. Don’t try and bait SP1 just go straight to SP2 as it is much easier to bait. It’s unblockable but not hard to evade at all as it is identical to something like a Cyc SP1 or a Iceman SP1. That being said I still came close to timing out. A rank 4 I would imagine would have no issue but unless you’re using him for something else I’m not sure it’s worth a rankup just for MS.

MS is the only reason I’m considering taking him to r4. He’s unduped & I have a duped Red Hulk I’d rather rank for better prestige. I’ll try you’re strategy on her next time though.. I only used him in arena before so I’m sure it’s not helping. Regardless, it’s just plain poor taste they added a mini that so many solid r4’s can’t solo.
  • Man, I never had to revive in Map 5 before, but since the addition of the sentinels I had to revive or potion use at least a few each time. My alliance used about 32 items to finish map 6 day 1. We used about 47 on map 5 day 3 because of the sentinels. It should be the other way around. Seriously, the Sentinels are a cash cow. How do you fight them if they keep power gaining. I know there are video to fight them, but it's really difficult if you cant keep a full combo. Kabam said you can easily beat them with armor break champs, but it's not like you can pull those champs out of your pockets. I cant believe running map 6 is easier than 5, but the cost to run map 6 is so expensive. I rather them beef up the symbioids.
  • IJsmutsIJsmuts Posts: 107
    MarkR92 wrote: »
    @kabam but it is so difficult for you to remove the sentries and go back to the symbioids ..... what is there that you have not yet understood that they are impossible to beat without reviving? do not you think it's right to listen to us instead of continuing to pretend nothing, considering that we are the users?

ofcourse they understand, they just want it this way... $$$
  • SkinnyfitSkinnyfit Posts: 37
    Personally find the sentinels have made the game boring. It's also affected a lot of alliances. People not able to step up and take them out, which means more cuts or voluntary quits.

The bosses and mini bosses should not be easier to fight than the standard enemy, which is what has happened now.

The sentinels should work as the symbiods and those before worked. A champ that, if you mess up can cause you damage and make the next fights harder. What they shouldn't do is, kill your champ in 1 or 2 hits on day 5.

Your 'refresh' made no sense to the community as all you changed was this and the mini bosses. The maps have become harder yet no real reward comes from it and all in all, I find AQ a chore now rather than something I enjoyed.
    As much as I disagree with what’s happened to AQ, I should thank kabam rather than complain. Before I didn’t mind spending money on this game. It wasn’t to be competitive or to compensate for the inconsistent/buggy game mechanics. It was because I enjoyed playing & it didn’t bother me buying crystals for a game I enjoyed. With that said, my wallet & I sincerely thank you for finally sucking enough joy out of the game that we refuse to part with our hard earned cash anymore.