Options

Kabam can we have a QA session

I wouldn’t presume to talk for the majority here but I for one have not been tempted to buy any of Kabams offers for almost 4 months

This coming from someone who is willing to spend disappoints me as a customer

In my opinion there seems to be a disconnect from what I consider value for money as a player and what Kabam offer

Would it be helpful if someone who was in charge of setting these deals came into the forum for a question and answer session to engage with customer and maybe get an idea as to what we need and what we consider good value?

Comments

• Options
    Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    edited April 2018
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,177 ★★★★★
    I wouldn’t presume to talk for the majority here but I for one have not been tempted to buy any of Kabams offers for almost 4 months

In my opinion there seems to be a disconnect from what I consider value for money as a player and what Kabam offer

Would it be helpful if someone who was in charge of setting these deals came into the forum for a question and answer session to engage with customer and maybe get an idea as to what we need and what we consider good value?

The problem is that you are looking for deals that apply to you. A deal you want may not apply to me and i might find annoying or not worthy. They try and offer deals that appeal to the masses. Not every deal is going to be a winner or hold value to you but it could for others.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,282 ★★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

The problem is that you are looking for deals that apply to you. A deal you want may not apply to me and i might find annoying or not worthy. They try and offer deals that appeal to the masses. Not every deal is going to be a winner or hold value to you but it could for others.

Correct. Not all Deals are geared towards all demographics. Some may be good for some, but not useful to others. There are also the ones in the Store that are meant to be limiting, and people can't understand the rising cost. The cost is a limiting factor.
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★

I would applaud that you are making the right decision NOT to purchase any deal since you find them not worthy or not up to the value. In fact, since you find it first hand that, and I quote you, "there seems to be a disconnect from what I consider value for money", you should reconsider spending any money in this game until things are significantly improved. Glad you don't rush into buying anything. Good job on your side!
  • Options
    rwanders1978rwanders1978 Posts: 104

I don’t think they do offer deals that apply to the masses and that is my point. I think Kabam have a disconnect between their Matketing team and the consumer base. I don’t think asking for one of that team to answer questions on the forum an unreasonable request

Too many times I have seen mods and people who blindly defend Kabam say “not all deals will appeal to you”. I would argue Kabam should be producing deals that do appeal to me. There is a large group of people between beginners and whales who no longer spend on this game anymore because of a ridiculous disconnect

As people have pointed out before what value is a 400 unit 3* crystal offer that keeps popping up. Who in there right mind would spend 2500 units on a 4* crystal. These offers exist in the game and in my opinion the marketing department is lazy for not updating these
  • Options
    SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,862 ★★★★
    Not to be mean...but I laugh at these posts. If these deals were not making Kabam any money...do you think they would continue to offer them? I think one of the few things everybody on this forum agrees with is that Kabam wants money.

They have tons of purchasing data that we know nothing about. Their goal seems to be making money while keeping it's customers within their desired progression curve. That eye on progression is why they do not offer stuff that the player base sees as sure-fire money makers. Yeah, they could make a boatload of cash with a 5* generic awakening gem offer...but that could damage the game in the long term in regards to progression.

Not defending Kabam on this, or even attacking them. It is just the business of sustaining a game with a FTP model. Other companies may do it slightly differently, but Kabam has seemed to find what works for them. The fact that after 3 years this game still is listed among the top grossing games means it works.
  • Options
    Katy_CandyKaty_Candy Posts: 175
    Will never happen.
  • Options
    Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    Company, players,category, deals.

Either talk as an individual and only consider deals for individual. Else talk as a group and consider deals that will be for groups.

But for a company , they see as a player base and then categorize the deals in a way which will be common for all and few only for specific groups.

The Choice will be ours, if deals comes with an awakening gem , people will be more interested cause it will be a common need for everyone, but if deals comes for gold crystals, it is also common but now people think of its utility and value.

There are lot of factors that can be considered when it comes to deals but certainly I can see a lot of scope when it comes to deals.
  • Options

I don’t think they do offer deals that apply to the masses and that is my point. I think Kabam have a disconnect between their Matketing team and the consumer base. I don’t think asking for one of that team to answer questions on the forum an unreasonable request

Too many times I have seen mods and people who blindly defend Kabam say “not all deals will appeal to you”. I would argue Kabam should be producing deals that do appeal to me. There is a large group of people between beginners and whales who no longer spend on this game anymore because of a ridiculous disconnect

As people have pointed out before what value is a 400 unit 3* crystal offer that keeps popping up. Who in there right mind would spend 2500 units on a 4* crystal. These offers exist in the game and in my opinion the marketing department is lazy for not updating these

@rwanders1978 the 3* and 4* deals will always be there. They are hard coded to pop up after so many attempts without getting either a 3* or 4*. They are for progressing players who are looking to get an advantage. Those wont go away and they arent done by the marketing team.
  • Options

@rwanders1978 the 3* and 4* deals will always be there. They are hard coded to pop up after so many attempts without getting either a 3* or 4*. They are for progressing players who are looking to get an advantage. Those wont go away and they arent done by the marketing team.

So your saying these outdated offers can never be upgraded to 5/6* offers?
  • Options

@rwanders1978 i'm sure they could but doubt they will. Those offers are really only there to entice to buy. They are the same for everyone regardless of level. For me, not worth it, but someone at a lower level needing a better champ, the 3* option is something someone wanting to advance quicker would take. If a 3* is worth 400 units, a 4* worth 2500 units what would you expect for a 5 and 6*? Going by the increase from 3 to 4, they value the 4* 6.25 more than a 3*. Just by that logic a 5* would cost 15625 units which is just over $500. Is 1 5* worth $500 to you? A 6* would $3100. Do those deals sound like something you'd be interested in?
  • Options

@rwanders1978 i'm sure they could but doubt they will. Those offers are really only there to entice to buy. They are the same for everyone regardless of level. For me, not worth it, but someone at a lower level needing a better champ, the 3* option is something someone wanting to advance quicker would take. If a 3* is worth 400 units, a 4* worth 2500 units what would you expect for a 5 and 6*? Going by the increase from 3 to 4, they value the 4* 6.25 more than a 3*. Just by that logic a 5* would cost 15625 units which is just over $500. Is 1 5* worth $500 to you? A 6* would $3100. Do those deals sound like something you'd be interested in?

Exactly what I said earlier. What Kabam perceive and value for money is well off what an average player would think

This is why I think a QA session with someone from marketing where we put these questions to them would benefit the game going forward
  • Options
    I started this thread on 18th April and as many do it disappears fast. But after this latest “deal” from Kabam I think a QA session with someone in charge of these marketing deals is needed more than ever

The community need answers from this team as to why access to a 5* vision (you don’t even own it) is worth £500 (equivalent of buying a PS4 and Nintendo Switch in the UK which I would physically own)

Someone from Marketing should face the community and explain this pricing structure. Listen to the community so they can improve future deals