**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

My latest 5* pull

RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
So, after 100%ing this months event quest and the heroic rift today, following a 100% of act 4 on thursday, I had just enough shards for my tenth attempt at pulling a good 5* champ.

I figured that by now I had to have some decent luck finally. In fact I was sure of it. I knew that it couldn't get any worse than when I pulled Jane Foster and as long as I didn't pull the one champ I already duped (OML) I'd be fine and that the odds of me pulling a **** champ were slim as I already had IP, HB and other memes. I was ok with duping any of the other **** champs I had, even Jane. So I spun the crystal and ended up with...................... Karnak!!! Such a **** champ, I forgot about his very existence when going over it in my head. I was totally pissed. I would have been fine with ANY other champ. Even an IP dupe would have been great!!

So now I want to make the best of this and welcome Karnak to my demented super-family. What is he good at? It there a way to ramp up his damage? I would appreciate any feedback. I will probably search youtube, but I like interacting with you guys!!!

Thanks much,

JeremyH

Comments

• Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    The true strikes useful. Would have preferred him to my unawakened ironfist I pulled a few days ago.
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    He's good at hitting through armor and being paired with medusa. He's not good at defending on the unblockable sp1 aw node.

Yeah, we all know Spider Gwen is the undisputed champ of that node lol!
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    I too was very disappointed to pull a 5* karnak. Won't be upgrading him past rank 1, but he does have some positives: true strike is probably the best way to deal with modok, and is helpful against evade champs. He crits often once focused (although even his crits are really weak). Also he is an important synergy team member with medusa and blackbolt (I was unlucky enough to pull a 6* blackbolt, so I grinded medusa's arena just so I could benefit)
  • AquamaAquama Posts: 135
    edited April 2018
    Yep. I pulled him about number 10 too. It’s just about a typical pull. I swear there’s something to it. How may people you hear pulling a bunch of Hyperions. But everybody seems to have a low tier science ,colossus , or Karnak
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    I’m so frustrated with 5* pulls. Other than Dorm, none are useful for me. I already have duped max 4* hulk and magik is not really great as a defender with Blade out there. I basically have gotten bottom barrel the last 5 pulls.

qlk94ycfgjkl.jpeg
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    I’m so frustrated with 5* pulls. Other than Dorm, none are useful for me. I already have duped max 4* hulk and magik is not really great as a defender with Blade out there. I basically have gotten bottom barrel the last 5 pulls.

qlk94ycfgjkl.jpeg

Ok but Magik is still one of the best attackers in the game, doesn't need the dupe for that. And I rly want psylocke, if you know how to play her she can handle many difficult fights
    edited April 2018
    Dorms l2 is as good of power control as magik and psylocke and he’s duel immune so that’s ok, but he’s not powerful and no degen without dupe. I have basically 3 ok champs with the same power control ability and the rest are garbage, although hulk might replace my 4* version if I ever manage to dupe him (or anyone). I’d give em all up for 1 really good champ worth ranking up. Look at my last row, they basically came in one after the other. Not a lot of motivation to keep playing if I can’t get some 5* progression. In my last ally, a guy pulled sparky and blade back to back from basics. I just got Agent Venom from my first premium. It’s RNG but it’s lopsided.
    Congrats. I gotta nothing for love for other players. It is what it is. I probably won’t be playing much longer the way it is though.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    You do realise he is basically a medusa/modok cheatcode.
  • Apex1212Apex1212 Posts: 185
    Magik not useful what...
  • Apex1212Apex1212 Posts: 185
    And psylocke has some nice power control. So not sure what your wanting voodoos and hyperions all day or what.
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,173 ★★★
    My last 5 star pull was a Karnak too. Did we all pull karnaks at a time lol. I'm thinking that there is a general pattern for champs to be pulled. I rarely see these days guys pulling classic Spiderman. Those who have him are having him since right in the beginning. There is definitely some pattern associated to it.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Karnak’s best use is the medusa synergy, however he can counter evade and auto lock if you play aggressive
  • Noneed2nvNoneed2nv Posts: 58
    I’m not starting too well with my first few 5*s. First 3 pulls are Kamala Khan, Magneto, and King Groot.
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    my first 3 were IP,Ronan, and Venom. meh

I'd have been pretty darn happy with that Ronan.
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Could be worse. MY first three were CM, Cylops, Cyclops. I got RETROACTIVELY Kabammed when Cyclops' Leadership synergy got removed and I was left with an R4 with no use.