**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Sentry...

So... I was crawling through the depths of the internet, and heard from somewhere that sentry got a buff a while ago. Can someone verify this, because I looked as Seatin's tier list and Sentry is still at the bottom. Sentry is currently my best science champ (He's 4* and the only other decent science champs I have are 4* and 5* Miles Morales), and I'd love to put him back on my team.

Comments

• EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    I'd love to see Sentry being up there in at least the amazing tier. Being one of the strongest heroes in the actual MU, his in-game strength just doesn't do him justice.
  • Titan_A97Titan_A97 Posts: 179
    Sentry did indeed have a buff back in v17.2, a month ago or on the 26th March, 2018. The following notes was the official statement given:

Sentry’s true power is based on entering different states defined by his Combo Meter. In an effort to make him more effective while putting a greater focus on skilled play, we wanted to downplay the randomness currently present in the act of entering these different states. We have increased his chance to enter 2 of his states to 100%, and doubled his chance to enter Steadfast Approach, as well as increasing his chance to proc effects from his Special 1 and 2 Attacks to 100%.

Overpowering Light: Chance to enter with bonus increased from 30% to 100%
    Steadfast Approach: Chance to enter with bonus increased from 30% to 60%
    Absolute Strength: Chance to enter with bonus increased from 30% to 100%
    Special Attack 1: Chance for Fury Increased from 70% to 100%
    Special Attack 2: Chance to Armor Break Increased from 70% to 100%

As you can see these are just simple stat buffs to increase the potency of his abilities. It isn't a major rework with new abilities but is still a buff nonetheless. For this reason, his position within the 'Champion Tier List' has stayed relatively stable; he's improved from 'trash' but a simple stat buff won't propel him into the 'decent' or 'demi-god' tier.

Carnage on the other hand...
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    He's just okay now..it was most definitely an improvement but he had a lot of ground to make up. If he's duped and at a decent sig level and you can keep a combo going he might be good for you
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    Thanks for the help! I'll continue to use him, if only for gates in story quests.