**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kicked out of an alliance for nothing

I was kicked out of an alliance for nothing. I was trying to enter alliance fights or wars and could never get in one. Then all of a sudden I get an email stating I was kicked out. No biggie really I've since joined another one and am quite happy there. But it irratated me that I could just be kicked out like that.

Comments

• DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    There's always a reason, maybe being AWOL constantly, maybe going wrong paths in AQ, maybe burning items in AW, maybe not hitting mins.

Very rare you just get booted for "Nothing"
  • GargameshGargamesh Posts: 66
    There's always a reason, maybe being AWOL constantly, maybe going wrong paths in AQ, maybe burning items in AW, maybe not hitting mins.

Very rare you just get booted for "Nothing"

Oh, so you know all alliances, uh?! Cool...

• weavileweavile Posts: 288
    the one that got you kicked, did you just join them or you have stay in it for a while? If it was the first high chance that you don't have high enough rating or didn't do the min of some 3 day events
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★
    JAF3761 wrote: »
    I was kicked out of an alliance for nothing. I was trying to enter alliance fights or wars and could never get in one. Then all of a sudden I get an email stating I was kicked out. No biggie really I've since joined another one and am quite happy there. But it irratated me that I could just be kicked out like that.

I would not be surprised if you were removed to make room for someone with a higher prestige and/or overall rating. You can also get kicked out to make room for someone's friend or even a merger with another alliance. Or they didn't want a "newbie" and wanted a "veteran" instead. Players get kicked out because you didn't chat enough and thus, an officer got his feelings hurt. Others get kicked out because they chatted too much. Players get kicked out because they didn't move in AQ/AW in the middle of the night (i.e. 2 AM) when they were told to do so while they were sleeping by an officer on a power trip.

This is in addition to the reasons noted in earlier posts above.

I've also seen players get kicked out due to a rogue officer -- an enemy player that infiltrated the alliance.

With the exception of a rogue officer creating havoc, it is better to go to another alliance that wants you than stay in an alliance that only considers you as "filler" until someone better comes along. You certainly don't want to stay too long in an alliance where one or more officers are, how shall I put it nicely, "bossy".

• RentonXDRentonXD Posts: 132
    I can imagine you#ve done something they don't wanted you to do in AQ/AW. Often I have to kick someone who doesn't want to use Line to communicate with us but allways runs into structured/planed AQ/AW and does it simply wrong.

It's frustrating for both sides and the only thing that helps is that you have to communicate with your alliance in a proper way!
  • Jimbojames23Jimbojames23 Posts: 70
    Yeah it will never of been for nothing, if you really want to know the reason then I'm sure you could message an officer from that old alliance and simply ask?
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    If they kicked you without talking to you first it's not an alliance you would want to be in anyway.

There's many reasons from overall performance to just making room for someone who can do better but kicking without at least a discussion says a lot about an alliance.
  • Fel_95Fel_95 Posts: 347 ★★
    Maybe they just found a better player and you were doing quite bad lately? maybe you told something who irritated an officer? Just ask them
  • GunzoGunzo Posts: 719 ★★
    Probably
    -No line
    -Low rating
    -Inactive
    -Low points in alliance events and AW and AQ
    -Lack of skill
    -Officer/Leader being an @sshole and kick you out for fun
  • Mr_WiffMr_Wiff Posts: 244
    In my alliance we kick for:
    No line
    No communication
    Ignoring orders
    Missing min requirements
    Being rude to members or officers
    Getting too big for their boots
    Being purely useless in AQ and War

We always tell a member that they are getting kicked and we will ask a few times if they slip up but if they give a lame excuse and/or carry on like this they will go no warning. Also unless its a peaceful “retirement" they go without rewards of the current events. We are firm but get stuff done.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    There's almost always a reason.
    As an officer myself I sometimes get people messaging after a kick saying they did nothing wrong.
    Then I remind them that they frequently join AW/AQ 14 hours in (when others in their timezone join 7ish hours in).
    Some simply never checked line, so they don't actually see the reason for them being kicked until they load up line to rant at one of us because they supposedly did nothing wrong.
    Some are simply removed because they can't handle 2+ fights in AQ.

But more often than not, there's always a reason.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    Timone147 wrote: »
    If they kicked you without talking to you first it's not an alliance you would want to be in anyway.

There's many reasons from overall performance to just making room for someone who can do better but kicking without at least a discussion says a lot about an alliance.

there is always a reason but as an officer myself if someone is inactive for quite some time i dont have to talk to them before i kick them. if they dont help in aq or aw i dont have to talk to them first..... u r in an alliance you need to play and do aq and aw......
    if it is because someone makes mistakes then yes of course talk to them first....
  • ZappZapp Posts: 69
    JAF3761 wrote: »
    I was trying to enter alliance fights or wars and could never get in one.

What do you mean by that?

• Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    Could never get into an AW or AQ.. looks like you aren't doing anything and it's a perfectly legit excuse to boot without reason. You may be the rare one off that really can't. It odds are from my experience as an officer is that you just aren't doing your part. I would do the same thing in booting you and not explaining. You know why.
  • Dave2442Dave2442 Posts: 109
    This sounds like a personal problem.
  • Managing an alliance is not easy. There has to be tough decisions made at times and the more an alliance advances, there more it needs to shed dead weight efficiently. The good news is that there are many many alliances out there. Find the one that your best suited for and help them grow.
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    you must have messed up, move on
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    My rule is if you join War without permission, you get kicked. It's the only hard rule I have. My guys all know it. I organize Wars. Not sure if that's the same reason or not, but I don't warn them. If they jump in, it's sayonara.
  • NEONEO Posts: 347
    GW, You guys don't use assigned battlegroups? If assigned everyone knows where to go, and no need to ask permission and get the boot. In my 6 million alliance we even have separate LINE chat groups for each battlegroup for better communications.
    edited June 2017
    NEO wrote: »
    GW, You guys don't use assigned battlegroups? If assigned everyone knows where to go, and no need to ask permission and get the boot. In my 6 million alliance we even have separate LINE chat groups for each battlegroup for better communications.

It all depends on who is available, and how I have to balance them. I allow many Levels of Players into my Ally, so I have to make sure there's not an abundance of newer, weaker guys because I have to Node them up. The main reason is following instructions and team work. War is different because it's Tiered, and a Loss can bring you down. I need to know my guys follow instructions. I've had Wars where everyone lost over one false move. (Sometimes by 800 Points.). It's balancing and team work mainly. Yes the goal is to have set Groups. Once people understand more about the process. I changed how I game a long time ago. I was in a cut-throat, and it ruined the experience for me. Don't compete with family! So, I started helping others and it put the enjoyment back into the game for me. I take on any Level of Player as long as they're willing to grow.
  • NEONEO Posts: 347
    Gotcha, good sir. People give you too much ****.
    NEO wrote: »
    Gotcha, good sir. People give you too much ****.

Well, not so much that they give me ****. Just that they put up what they have. I can take on a couple lower-end Players if I use the tougher ones to boost them. The ratio has to be more tougher than lower. So I try to rotate them in so that they get included. The problem is when people get anxious for Rewards and jump in, and it throws the whole plan off-balance.
  • TrumpootTrumpoot Posts: 185
    also, i'm very curious...

Was it an open alliance? or were you INVITED to join, then kicked without reason.

The key to ANY alliance is communication, and if they invited you and then kicked you without notice, then I would agree with those who say...glad you found out about them so soon, and were able to move on.

But, keep this in mind. BE SURE YOU COMMUNICATE in your current alliance.

If an officer is upset with you, and you are in constant communication, you will know it, and have opportunity to change the way you play, or decide to leave on your own.

In any case, sorry that happened to you.

Good luck in season 4.

- Trumpoot
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    Mr_Wiff wrote: »
    In my alliance we kick for:
    No line
    No communication
    Ignoring orders
    Missing min requirements
    Being rude to members or officers
    Getting too big for their boots
    Being purely useless in AQ and War

We always tell a member that they are getting kicked and we will ask a few times if they slip up but if they give a lame excuse and/or carry on like this they will go no warning. Also unless its a peaceful “retirement" they go without rewards of the current events. We are firm but get stuff done.

I bet your officers can be rude to members though or something daft like that, and getting too big for their boots? That's a good thing, show they want to progress and want a challenge.

Kicking for those reasons is pathetic
  • VartoxVartox Posts: 202
    edited June 2017
    As a officer, I kick for inactivity or low activity in multiple AW/AQs that you join. If you log in and dont help in a AW/AQ that you have joined it's grounds for dismissal. We ask of you can't participate in all of war, don't join. Usually you are warned, we also don't kick on 1st or 2nd offense anyway. If you dont donate, its grounds for dismissal. All rules are told to you when you join, but you are given more then one chance to fix the issue. If I kick, i usually won't message you for the reason why, but that is because you did something you were already warned not to do, therefore should already know why you were kicked. Sometimes the kick is also used as a wake up call. We kick and allow you back if you ask, with a warning ofc.
  • VartoxVartox Posts: 202
    Not saying any of the reason i said arr why yoi got kicked, not in your old alliance and have no idea their reasoning.

I bet your officers can be rude to members though or something daft like that, and getting too big for their boots? That's a good thing, show they want to progress and want a challenge.

Kicking for those reasons is pathetic [/quote]

Hierarchy exists for a reason. My officers are not allowed to be rude. If they are they get demoted or even kicked but we have had players think that because they have a high rating they can take control of the alliance. Nope, we accept input in fact we encourage constructive criticism but countermanding those IN CHARGE is a big NO. There is pride in an account and then there is bragging.
    The main thing that gets a kick more than anything else is being on but not joining AQ and war. Arena grinding is a big problem if people can't balance the commitment to the whole Alliance.
    I am NOT saying grinding isn't allowed but alliance events come first. A lot of the comments on here about officers being rude are misinformed not all leaders are like that but in this game you get what you out in. You can't leach and claim rewards and not pull your weight. Just today we kicked someone who planned to leave but didn't join aq and was expecting to stay for rewards.