**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Arena bot(s)

Don't we all think Kabam should end arena software? More and more people are using it and we, honest players, we lose more time in the arenas, we grind less units, we receive less from rank rewards of solo events. Is there no solution to this injustice?

Comments

• zxgifteDzxgifteD Posts: 5
    A lot of people (cheaters) make 12-13 m in the arena events spending zero second. The only problem of the bot seems that it cant keep a long winning streak. If you see one of those guys ask him a screenshot of his winning streak. Kabam please ban all these people. They are out for months and they think they are untouchable.
  • SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    SO people grinding for the champs they want is cheating? This is laughable. If you want the champ grind for them, I do and im not a cheater.....
  • messmess Posts: 38
    it should be banned for sure
  • RentonXDRentonXD Posts: 132
    edited June 2017
    Of cause it's not but really a lot of the participating players uses bots to grind automatically 24/7. And most of them do nothing else in the game. for them it also doesn't matter what is actually the basic/featured champion. They just run the bot and live there rl. Watch out for players with streaks under 100, 120k pvp fights won, only 1-2k missions done but Top100 rank in arena.

Just imagine how much more free time you'd have if the cutoffs were at 1,5-2m!
  • Fel_95Fel_95 Posts: 347 ★★
    Speedbump wrote: »
    SO people grinding for the champs they want is cheating? This is laughable. If you want the champ grind for them, I do and im not a cheater.....

You didn't understand. There are Cheat softwares (bots) who automatically grind for you in the arena, and can go through your whole roster in 5-10 minutes without you even throwing a sweat. It's hard to tell if someone did 12-13mln legit (many do) or using bots, but cheaters are a thing in this game, and kabam should try to detect them better
    Then how can you tell if they are using a bot? But your right I must of not understood your post.
    Speedbump wrote: »
    Then how can you tell if they are using a bot? But your right I must of not understood your post.

It's not my post, I just corrected you as I believe you misread OP. For us players, there's no way to confirm if someone did use bots (even if people with only 2-3 4* getting 10+ mln in featured arena might smell...), but people using Bots is a thing, people were rarely caught with it and there are videos confirming the hacks. It's not just a "omg how did he get so high score he might have cheated". It's on Kabam to develop a way to detect and ban these people, as for now there's not.
    And how do you suggest that they should look into it? by looking at the top 15-20% of the players?
    edited June 2017
    Honestly I'm not sure, it depends on how Kabam has implemented the arena system and which info they gets from each player fights. Maybe highlight fights ending in 1 hits or players getting too many fights in too little time, and then take a closer look into them to see if that still happen all over the arena.

People have been using cheats in AW too, defeating all lanes + boss noded in less than 30 seconds without losing hp, but with a good chunk of reports most of them got banned. Thing is, as Arena isn't faced by actual players, but AI driven ones, it's impossible for us players to detect and report them.
  • ChrisA19978ChrisA19978 Posts: 55
    If you can't keep a win streak why do it. No way anyone can play 24-7 So that should be easy to spot. I can see 12 million legit if your roster us goid enough. If I grind a lot I can do 4 million a day. But that's 8 to 10 hours of grinding all 3 days. If you use units you can do it easier.
  • Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    You can only use bots if you're launching on a pc through something like bluestacks. I think Kabam can detect that so I'm sure they're on top of it. My guess is the bots get a couple of months of use before the users are banned.
    But doesn't these "couple of month" also ruin a "couple of arenas" for all the 'manual' players?

Why not just block bluestacks?
    Probably.

I don't know if it's that easy to block third party software. They have to detect it first.
    I'm pretty sure they'll get it from the device information every game requests during the login process.
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    Ban the FFFuc. Sorry Suckers
    RentonXD wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they'll get it from the device information every game requests during the login process.

I don't really know too much about bluestacks having only found out about it from this forum, but my guess is that it masks the user as a legitimate android/iOS user. That's what I mean by "detect" - I'm sure they can do it, but with 85 million players it might not be so quick to do.
    I know some players who play the game from pc/bluestacks but don't use the bot as i can see from their activites (or from their not articipating in arena).

So just banning poeple using bluestack would be false. But you could just block it and most of the arena bots will be terminated.
    I know some players who play the game from pc/bluestacks but don't use the bot as i can see from their activites (or from their not articipating in arena).

So just banning poeple using bluestack would be false. But you could just block it and most of the arena bots will be terminated.

Totally agree with you, but remember that using bluestacks of nox is still against ToS and they might ban you anyway
    I'm not sure if it's really against ToS, because it's no 3rd party application affecting the game. It's more the plattform/OS like any other android running the game. correct me if I'm wrong. :wink:
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    I'm not sure if it's really against ToS, because it's no 3rd party application affecting the game. It's more the plattform/OS like any other android running the game. correct me if I'm wrong. :wink:
    They've stated it's a 3rd party app for them then it's against their TOS.
    I_am_Groot wrote: »

But shouldn't they put it in their ToS to make clear it's a third party tool for them? I mean I wouldn't have recognized it this way and I guess a lot others also not.
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    If it's not in the ToS then I'm agreed it should be in.
    I thought it was not problem and I liked the idea thinking the game would run smoother in PC than in a device. Happily I first searched in the board and read they're against it.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    It's against the tos but some people have found ways to go undetected
  • I_am_Groot wrote: »

And still they provided best keyboad support for game.. n why is that?
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,157 ★★★★
    Another way to detect cheating is to see if there are any gaps in between fights. Normal people have to eat, sleep, work, ect so you can expect to see some gaps in play time. Obviously they're cheating if the account did nothing but run arena fights for 72 hours.
  • nameplasnameplas Posts: 240 ★★
    Yeah, kabam can track the activities and hence verify if a user is 24/7 grinding, but if he plays it smart and uses the bot while he's asleep and not login in the day, then it would be hard. I guess kabam should work on something else to counter the bots.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Had several friends run BlueStacks for other games. I tried it once with that game and ended up with an infected computer that needed to be rebuilt from all the adware/malware/**** that came with it.