**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Please help me with my strange problem

Hello Kabam,

I play Contest of Champions for 2 years now and i never felt like commenting here in the forum but now it‘s time to adress a problem. I enjoy your game, i try to collect 1 version every Character and even spent money from time to time.

BUT: I‘m not a fan of the Star-system! I can‘t stand having different versions of the same character. I know it sounds odd but that‘s me ^^ since the very first day i sell every champ which i already have in a better version. This means, i pull a 5*Mordo, now i sell my 4*Mordo and keep the 5* (i just keep ONE version)

for that reason i NEVER maxed a 4* because i could get the same champ as 5* in the future and that would mean i wasted gold and catalysts on the 4*
I never complained, i just play the game like that. All of my 112 champs are different Marvel-characters

Here is my PROBLEM
I recently opened my first 6*crystal and i got a Storm.
I already have a duped 5*storm rank3
Do you understand my dilemma?

I stopped playing since i pulled the 6*storm,
Please enable the selling of 5* champs for me or just delete the 5*storm

Thank you for helping me with my strange problem :)

Rudkooo

Comments

• And what would you do if you had a 5* r4 void and you got a 6* version of it?
  • RudkoooRudkooo Posts: 12
    I would never rank4 a 5*champ that is already aviable in the 6*crystal but to answer your question: Yes i would definetly sell 5*void if i i pull 6*void
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    keep your leveled up 4 and 5*s. One team of your best troops is not enough to clear arena milestones and all quests
    I already said i play this gane for a while now.
    I KNOW why it is better not to sell ANY champs but believe me i know what i‘m doing

I cleared all content except for LOL.
    Act5 isn‘t 100% but i‘m working on it.

I have duped 5*SL and 5*AA on rank4, Gwenpool, Elektra, Magik, Mordo...
    I have no trouble playing anything except for 5*featured stadium which i don‘t have enough time for anyway

All i‘m asking for is correcting one mistake in a perfect champion roster
    No offense to anyone. I‘m just still playing this game for the same reason i downloaded it back then, to collect Marvel characters
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    You must have some crazy OCD to stop playing only because you have two versions of the same character
  • ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 303 ★★
    I doubt they will allow you to sell 5* until 6* become more common
    Please at least reply to my problem @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious

Thank you
    You can call it OCD and maybe you are right but i can‘t enjoy the game with a „broken“ roster

I hope someone will help me cause i‘m serious about this

Thanks
  • Hey there, OP -

I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment in a recent pull from a Crystal. I can see where you're bothered by this, but at the moment we don't have any plans to make 5-Star Champions sellable. We'll be sure to pass the feedback along, however.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @Rudkooo duped 5* Storm is a better champ than unduped 6*. And unless you dupe your 6* the 5* will be better for a long time.
    @Kabam Vydious first of all, thank you for answering and thank you for understanding my problem

But i‘m not asking for all the players out there, it‘s just ME who wants to sell one specific 5* champ
    If you could unlock this ability for me i would be able to keep my roster perfect
    If you could at least unlock it for a short time i would sell my 5*storm and just don‘t open 6*crystals anymore
    I wouldn‘t specify or share the info that i can do that

I‘m not asking to gain something so it should be possible to help me here.
    Please make ONE weird player happy who supports you since his start

It‘s not possible for me to ignore this, i‘m sorry for that
    I really hope you can help me !!

Rudkooo
    @LeNoirFaineant i do know EVERYTHING about the game but thanks...
    My friends keep telling me the same thing but i already KNOW that.
    I‘m not playing this game like anybody

My 2*red Deadpool is far far more valuable for me than my 5*Magik because i could get a Magik again in so many crystals. But i would never get a red deadpool again if i sell him, which makes him my most valuable Champ.
    I would chose a 2*Thanos/2*ironfist immortal over a 6*Hyperion anytime
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    Rudkooo wrote: »
    Hello Kabam,

I play Contest of Champions for 2 years now and i never felt like commenting here in the forum but now it‘s time to adress a problem. I enjoy your game, i try to collect 1 version every Character and even spent money from time to time.

BUT: I‘m not a fan of the Star-system! I can‘t stand having different versions of the same character. I know it sounds odd but that‘s me ^^ since the very first day i sell every champ which i already have in a better version. This means, i pull a 5*Mordo, now i sell my 4*Mordo and keep the 5* (i just keep ONE version)

for that reason i NEVER maxed a 4* because i could get the same champ as 5* in the future and that would mean i wasted gold and catalysts on the 4*
    I never complained, i just play the game like that. All of my 112 champs are different Marvel-characters

Here is my PROBLEM
    I recently opened my first 6*crystal and i got a Storm.
    I already have a duped 5*storm rank3
    Do you understand my dilemma?

I stopped playing since i pulled the 6*storm,
    Please enable the selling of 5* champs for me or just delete the 5*storm

Thank you for helping me with my strange problem :)

Rudkooo

Storm is much better than others in the pool even unduped. At least she has potential. I pulled Gamora!

Second, you really don’t want to be selling your 5* at this point. If the dungeons mode becomes permenant you would want a large roster. If they had allowed selling 5* then introduced dungeons people would of been mad and quitting.
    Some people just don‘t get what my point is. I‘m not complaining about my 6* pull
    I‘m complaining about not being able to keep my roster perfect like it used to be
    I do NOT want to sell my 5* i just don‘t want two versions of the same champ

zenu9hseehv4.png

@Kabam Vydious @Kabam Loto @Kabam Zibiit

If there is NO WAY of removing the 5*storm from my champion roster please tell me so i can move on

Thank you for taking the time
  • Rudkooo wrote: »
    @Kabam Vydious first of all, thank you for answering and thank you for understanding my problem

But i‘m not asking for all the players out there, it‘s just ME who wants to sell one specific 5* champ
    If you could unlock this ability for me i would be able to keep my roster perfect
    If you could at least unlock it for a short time i would sell my 5*storm and just don‘t open 6*crystals anymore
    I wouldn‘t specify or share the info that i can do that

I‘m not asking to gain something so it should be possible to help me here.
    Please make ONE weird player happy who supports you since his start

It‘s not possible for me to ignore this, i‘m sorry for that
    I really hope you can help me !!

Rudkooo

Hi again -

We appreciate your passion towards this game, however, we can't make this exception for a player. As said, we don't have plans to allow the selling of 5-Star Champions. I'm sorry for the disappointment.
    This is very very sad

I take it as a forced way out

Goodbye