**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What's the best way to fight Medusa's autoblock

New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
What's the best way to fight her autoblock? With a pretty normal champ? Just hit once then run back? Then hit once again? repeat?

Seems like very second hit is an auto block.

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Her ability is to autoblock on the second hit, so that’s why it seems like it..

But my technique is to spend as much time hitting her block as possible, waiting out the fury. If you can’t hit her block then One hit, dash back and try to hit her block. A few good counters are most mystic champs, with buff removing/preventing abilities. Another is Yondu who can’t be stunned on his first light hit. So if you use medium, then light, she can’t stun you on autoblock with his projectile light.
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    karnak or loki's s1 or wait it out or hit her one attack at a time so you dont get caught after a combo
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    Her ability is to autoblock on the second hit, so that’s why it seems like it..

But my technique is to spend as much time hitting her block as possible, waiting out the fury. If you can’t hit her block then One hit, dash back and try to hit her block. A few good counters are most mystic champs, with buff removing/preventing abilities. Another is Yondu who can’t be stunned on his first light hit. So if you use medium, then light, she can’t stun you on autoblock with his projectile light.

I never thought of Yondu...
    Interesting. Good thinking!
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    Killmonger bypasses it, he's probably the best outside of Morningstar
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    Iceman, Mordo, and SW can help.
  • Reverend_RuckusReverend_Ruckus Posts: 407 ★★★
    Anyone who nullifies
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    The Hood with his constant stagger and Loki by his buff stealing L1 are probably the best options. Voodoo on even combo is excellent as well.
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    I think once she has 3 fury charge , just hit with special 1 , i think this will nullify her auto block, ideally she will auto block the special attack , your special will be a waste but this way you can hit her with safe distance. Else SW is the best option.
  • KiLL_RaLpHKiLL_RaLpH Posts: 12
    Use a champ 3 hit+ heavy attack animation. (In my case Gwenpool, Blade, Hyperion). Try blocking then proceed with a heavy attack. For war or quest with stun immune node either use champs with nullify or same with the other guys wait for fury to expire.
  • NorthwestbrosefNorthwestbrosef Posts: 156
    If I have a choice over who to fight her with, voodoo is the option I usually rely on. Spam his sp1 on even combo when she has furies. Convert em and stops her from getting living strands.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    SW the original Swiss knife still works
  • f9_absf9_abs Posts: 126
    @New_Noob168 For us to tell you your best options at fighting Medusa, you need to tell us what champs you have. If I tell you to use e.g. DS or DV, it doesn't actually help you if you don't have them.
    But if you are just looking for strategy, then any mystic champ who nullifies or steals buff is the best option as many suggested. If i remember right, Corvius Glave ignores auto-block, but again it doesnt help if you don't have him.
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    Depends what tier you are in. Are you facing a low rank Medusa where SW can destroy her ? Or are you In tier 1-3 when you are facing a terrifying 5* rank 5 Medusa on stun immune where SW is just too weak to do anything ?
  • Dynax_The_Great1Dynax_The_Great1 Posts: 26
    Cross bones
  • TiemiliosTiemilios Posts: 337
    It's not just about what champs you have. In general, when she has "Living Strands" on, I will often parry her, hit her once with a medium, and back off as @BitterSteel described. However, even better maybe to parry and then do a heavy to back her up and create more space for yourself as well as not evade back and get closer to the wall. Once the furies subside, do as much damage as possible. :)
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    From what I have seen Hood is really good. Don't have him though. Usually one hit and wait it out or nullify with Magik.