**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dark Artifact Crystals

Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 288 ★★★
I think I see a problem with these crystals.

For advanced players who have access to 5* crystals, doing every milestone everyday is just enough to get three crystals. However, I don’t think it’s enough to get three of ANY crystal - because the 6 crystals rotate each week in sets of 3, you will only get enough for a third crystal in the final week and will only be able to spend it on the three crystals available that week. That’s kind of not cool.

You said one of the main attractions of these new crystals was the chance to get a specific champ. Well for me, that’s StarLord, but according to the schedule of his crystal’s availability, I will only be able to take two chances at him instead of three. Whereas, if i or anyone else wanted Quake or Voodoo, there are three chances at those champs.

Again, not cool. Unless I’m mistaken, so please tell me I am.

Comments

• Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 288 ★★★
    Following up with math for the nerds -

Dungeons are around for exactly 6 weeks, or 42 days. You can get a maximum of 1950 artifacts a day. At 42 days, that’s 81,900 artifacts, which is just enough for three 5* crystals at 27,000 artifacts a piece, a total of 81,000 artifacts. Missing a single whole day of dungeons forfeits your chance at 3 crystals.

So the only time to have a chance at three crystals is on the FINAL day of dungeons. This means three chances at half of the offered champs, and only 2 chances at the other half.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Pretty much. I was thinking this myself the other day, although for 4 star crystals and it does seem unintelligent to have crystals rotate like that.

They should either put all crystals in all the weeks or atleast for the final week.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    You don't have to spend your dark artifacts on the last week though? After every ~2 weeks you have enough to get one.
    LoPresti wrote: »
    You don't have to spend your dark artifacts on the last week though? After every ~2 weeks you have enough to get one.

Not sure I get you. I’m inferring you mean the crystals will be around after the dungeons end, which is not the case. They said the crystals will rotate and release each week, for six weeks, and that the last week will be shorter. The crystals disappear when the dungeons do. I’d love to have this confirmed - I’d love for Kabam to chip in on a lot of the other points I raised, too - but I’m almost certain this is the case.
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    I am going for Gwenpool I'll have enough for the 1st try this week... and I hope i'll have enough when the crystal resets for a second try.... I wish they would tell us if they will convert left over dark artifacts to gold or 5* shards or something
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    There are 2 sets of crystals. You can have 3 tries at one set but only 2 tries at the other set.

This is basically the TL;DR of my lengthy post. Isn’t it stupid? It makes the one set less appealing than the other for no other reason than scheduling.
  • StrikerCStrikerC Posts: 10
    Part of the problem is that the crystals in week 1 could not be purchased by anyone, since there was no way to get 27k dark artifacts within the first week, so for the crystals available during weeks 1,3,5, only 2 are possible.

The other problem is that those between 4200-5499 prestige will be 900 artifacts short of a third crystal even if we 100% all milestones given to us, due to issues in the first 3 days
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 752 ★★★★
    Anyone have a link to the champs in each crystal? I can't seem to find it
  • StrikerCStrikerC Posts: 10
    edited May 2018
    Another thing to be aware of is each crystal has a purchase limit of 1. So if you plan to get the same 3 crystals available during weeks 2,4,6 then you need to make sure you buy 1 tomorrow otherwise you can't get 3 either.
  • Ba_Bo0Ba_Bo0 Posts: 18
    @Kabam Miike Is there a particular reason why each crystal has a purchase limit of 1? This prevents people from getting 3 tries for a specific crystal available in weeks 1,3,5.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    StrikerC wrote: »
    Another thing to be aware of is each crystal has a purchase limit of 1. So if you plan to get the same 3 crystals available during weeks 2,4,6 then you need to make sure you buy 1 tomorrow otherwise you can't get 3 either.

Ah damnit. I didn’t notice this. This changes everything...
  • VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★
    Part of the problem is that the crystals in week 1 could not be purchased by anyone, since there was no way to get 27k dark artifacts within the first week, so for the crystals available during weeks 1,3,5, only 2 are possible.

The other problem is that those between 4200-5499 prestige will be 900 artifacts short of a third crystal even if we 100% all milestones given to us, due to issues in the first 3 days

This is something I would love to get an answer for. Why not gift the backdated rewards for those missed shards based on their admitted mistake with the brackets.
  • VTA92 wrote: »

This is something I would love to get an answer for. Why not gift the backdated rewards for those missed shards based on their admitted mistake with the brackets.

This is something we're well aware of, and are looking into. I swear I posted on that somewhere, but I can't seem to find it so I might have missed that. Sorry about that!
  • Hey All,

This is true. You may not get a shot at every crystal that you want, but that's why it's going to be important for you to pick and choose carefully. These crystals are still the greatest chance you have at any specific Champion, but that doesn't mean that you're going to be able to get every crystal that you want (if they're spread out this way).

You're going to have to pick and choose!
    VTA92 wrote: »

This is something we're well aware of, and are looking into. I swear I posted on that somewhere, but I can't seem to find it so I might have missed that. Sorry about that!

I have been inquiring about this since the change. I personally have not seen any response to this until now. I appreciate the response and am glad to hear it is being looked at. Hopefully a solution is soon. Thank you
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Hey All,

This is true. You may not get a shot at every crystal that you want, but that's why it's going to be important for you to pick and choose carefully. These crystals are still the greatest chance you have at any specific Champion, but that doesn't mean that you're going to be able to get every crystal that you want (if they're spread out this way).

So what was the point in running the first 5* crystal, since it literally was impossible to purchase. Why not just run it again at the end of the event?
    It was not just the 5* crystals available for purchase, there were also 3 and 4 star variants.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Hey All,

So what was the point in running the first 5* crystal, since it literally was impossible to purchase. Why not just run it again at the end of the event?
    It was not just the 5* crystals available for purchase, there were also 3 and 4 star variants.

That’s irrelevant.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Hey All,

That’s irrelevant.
    That’s an invalid retort without substance or reason.
    Hey All,

That’s irrelevant.
    That’s an invalid retort without substance or reason.
    I thought you were intelligent enough to realise why it was irrelevant. Just because the 3 and 4 were available then, does not make the fact that it was literally impossible to buy the 5* crystal alright. There was no reason to run it. It’s dangling a prize in front of people with no intention for them to be able to buy it. It doesn’t matter that it’s available again later, what if someone had every single champion in the other two crystals max sig and they only needed or wanted the first one. It is 100% pointless to have this crystal only run twice when people can buy it.
  • Hey All,

The potential rewards are in sets. It would not have been possible to run the 3-Star or 4-Star without the 5-Star Crystals as well.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    edited May 2018
    Hey All,

The potential rewards are in sets. It would not have been possible to run the 3-Star or 4-Star without the 5-Star Crystals as well.

The real question is why didn't you delay the crystals a week so people could get artifacts for them? This way they could get 3 of the same crystal instead of 2, assuming it's one of the ones in rotation 1. I highly doubt it was planned that way, there is no rhyme or reason to it.

Maybe run the first batch one more time after the event for those who are saving for something in that group?
    Hey All,

I think you’ve missed my point Miike. Why didn’t you not run any of the crystals in the first week, and either start the cycle a week later, or move the first lot of crystals to the end? Can you see why it seems so ridiculous to run a crystal that is literally impossible to buy?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Hey All,

I think you’ve missed my point Miike. Why didn’t you not run any of the crystals in the first week, and either start the cycle a week later, or move the first lot of crystals to the end? Can you see why it seems so ridiculous to run a crystal that is literally impossible to buy?

That is, quite literally, the point of this thread: we lose a week of crystals (more or less) because no one has the artifacts to buy them.

On a related note, will we see artifacts available in more areas of game play any time soon?

Dr. Zola

@Kabam Miike any update on this? Reaching the half way point of dungeons. Would like to know what I’m grinding for these next 3 weeks. Thanks.

@Kabam Miike any update on this? Reaching the half way point of dungeons. Would like to know what I’m grinding for these next 3 weeks. Thanks.

You also earn infinity dust. It’s not just about dark artifacts, imo those are just a bonus reward.
    Jaded wrote: »

You also earn infinity dust. It’s not just about dark artifacts, imo those are just a bonus reward.

Infinity dust, sure. But being able to open either 2 or 3 of the dark artifact 5* crystals is pretty significnat considering the time invested. Getting the infinity dust necessary or the 5* AG is achievable without doing every milestone for dungeons every day.
    Jaded wrote: »

Infinity dust, sure. But being able to open either 2 or 3 of the dark artifact 5* crystals is pretty significnat considering the time invested. Getting the infinity dust necessary or the 5* AG is achievable without doing every milestone for dungeons every day.

Not everyone is going for the 5* ag. So obtain as much dust as possible for t2a or other rank up materials will make people go for the milestones in dungeons anyways. Plus you don’t have to buy 5* crystals with the artifacts. So if you don’t have enough for a 5* could always buy up 4* versions. Of course they should just hand out dark artifacts to everyone that wasn’t getting the 7.5k milestone from the start. 🤔

If people get free dark artifacts and infinity dust then everyone should. Or no one should.
  • Tropical_ChrisTropical_Chris Posts: 137

I have been inquiring about this since the change. I personally have not seen any response to this until now. I appreciate the response and am glad to hear it is being looked at. Hopefully a solution is soon. Thank you

I've seen Kabam Miike post a reponse to this before as well. Just couldnt find it either :smile: