**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Does Hood have to be Duped to be affective

Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
pulled a 5 Star Hood yesterday and just want to know if he has to be duped or I can rank him up unduped

Comments

• cx234333cx234333 Posts: 111
    he is ok
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,618 ★★★★★
    He's one of my favorite champs, has a lot of utility and is a perfect counter to medusa or hyperion. As for his awakened ability, it only gives him a chance to power steal while he is in cooldown after invisibility, so it's a nice boost but he doesn't need it do be really good. Honestly I think he's just as good as ghost rider, if not better. GR only has the edge for his bleed immunity.
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    Hood's good as an overall character. Good health and damage output, invisibility, and cool animations. Only problem is his first two specials don't have much utility.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Hood's good as an overall character. Good health and damage output, invisibility, and cool animations. Only problem is his first two specials don't have much utility.

What? His SP1 inflicts shock and will stun at the end of the timer. Just about perfect timing to drop another SP1 and just keep the shock rolling the whole fight.

His SP2 inflicts Hex which eliminates all active buffs. If you have MD, that's a huge power boost. Plus he effectively health steals with each buff removed (this includes his Stagger) and he goes invisible (even if he's in cool down from a previous one).

Then his SP3 will inflict a decent bleed. If anything, his SP3 is the weakest of his special attacks.

Overall, I really like Hood. I consider him a "poor man's" Scarlet Witch, as he does a lot of what she can do, just not quite as good. The only genuine downside to him is that he's a Mystic and there are a ton of other quality champs in that class that end up needing the class catalysts more.
    And as others have pointed out, he doesn't need to be awakened. His sig ability really doesn't add much more than a nice bonus once in a while.
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    In cooldown he goes stun immune. Probably the most underrated skill in his kit as evidenced by no one mentioning that. In the right hands, he's a monster. Especially at 4/55 and beyond.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited May 2018
    GR only has the edge for his bleed immunity? Nah.
    Kennado wrote: »
    In cooldown he goes stun immune. Probably the most underrated skill in his kit as evidenced by no one mentioning that. In the right hands, he's a monster. Especially at 4/55 and beyond.

The issue with his stun immunity though is that you have to go through a series of events to get a small window of being immune. I don't think it helps that much. Cooldown also adds power steal, but again it's not a reliable ability due to the effort needed to get that window.

IMO, he would be better served if that Immunity and Power Steal became permanent after his invisibility instead of just during the cooldown. Still have to work for the ability, but make it actually functional for things like Mesmerize and against BPCW's stun-reflect