Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Dark artifacts capped

Hey just wanted to let you guys know that dark artifacts are capped at 55000.

Kabam chose to withhold this information for unknown reasons.

I've been grinding every single day for the past few weeks to reach all milestones. I realized a couple days back that my total dark artifacts hadnt gone up.

Thats it. Won't be able to get my 3rd 5* crystal despite countless hours spent in dungeon.

Kabam support team understands my disappointment and is sorry that the information wasnt available.

Why would they even cap dark artifacts when you can only open 1 of each 5* crystals and can only open them for very limited time.

I don't understand how they expect us to keep investing money and give the game good ratings with this kind of attitude toward players.

Comments

• Options
    VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★
    Wow, I wish I could say this surprises me but considering the track record and not even voicing only being able to get each crystal one time from the start, it doesn’t.
  • Options
    Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Yeah that’s not real cool especially since the information wasn’t provided...
  • Options
    RedBaronRedBaron Posts: 3
    edited May 2018
    Surprised so few people saved them. I was waiting to get the 5* awakening from infinity dust store.
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    edited May 2018
    RedBaron wrote: »
    Surprised so few people saved them. I was waiting to get the 5* awakening from infinity dust store.

I'm not sure I understand how the two are related. Care to elaborate?
  • Options
    Juice_stJuice_st Posts: 21
    I don't believe this is accurate.

I've already purchased two of the 5* Dark Artifact crystals (27000 x 2 = 54000) and I still have 11,700 remaining right now in my treasury. That's a total of 65,700 Dark Artifacts I've earned so far.
  • Options
    JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    If you spent them before you reached 55000 then you wouldn’t have been capped. If you saved them to use at once then you would be capped and lose dark artifacts. If the op is correct,
  • Options
    RedBaronRedBaron Posts: 3
    edited May 2018
    Exactly Jrock.

Mirage : I just meant that since the information on the hard cap wasnt available (still isnt technically), it made sense to save artifacts until you knew which awakening gem you would pull.

Cant understand why they would hide this information. Just create discontentment for people who invest a lot of time in this game.
  • Options
    cytwbccytwbc Posts: 93
    i dont see the point in hoarding them cuz its not like you could 3 of the same crystal anyway
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,561 ★★★★★
    Maybe the OP wanted one of each of three of the last set? Or maybe he read the first release where the game team failed to note that you can only get one of each type.

Either way, I agree: why put a cap on it? Makes zero sense.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    Maybe the OP wanted one of each of three of the last set? Or maybe he read the first release where the game team failed to note that you can only get one of each type.

Dr. Zola

Or if they had to put a cap on it for programming purposes, why not make it a number above the max? 90,000 for example.
  • Options
    Sn1pes130Sn1pes130 Posts: 82
    That sucks man, typical of Kabam to not do anything to help
  • Options
    GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    DrZola wrote: »

Dr. Zola

Or maybe he's hoping Kabam changes the purchase cap. Wouldn't be the first time they said something that turned out to be untrue and then made it true anyway.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    One of the most KAMAB thins i can imagine. They love not telling us things.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Hey All,

If you hit this cap, please reach out to our support team, and they will be able to help you. This Cap was originally for any possible future iterations of the mode, and not for this one. Please note, we cannot remove the cap right now, so you will have to spend some of your Dark Artifacts for us to be able to help you with what you missed out on.

Remember, Dark Artifact Crystals change over tomorrow, so if you're waiting for one of them, wait until you have purchased the Crystal before reaching out to the Support Team.

Additionally, remember that Dark Artifacts will disappear at the end of the Event! They are not being converted into anything, nor will the remain in your account.

Why wasn’t anyone told about it? Were the people who designed the mode not aware they had put the cap on?
  • Options
    FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
    Every time something like this comes up, I feel more glad that I stopped doing dungeons after the first few days.
  • Options
    SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,862 ★★★★
    Leiva_dark wrote: »
    Hey All,

If you hit this cap, please reach out to our support team, and they will be able to help you. This Cap was originally for any possible future iterations of the mode, and not for this one. Please note, we cannot remove the cap right now, so you will have to spend some of your Dark Artifacts for us to be able to help you with what you missed out on.

Remember, Dark Artifact Crystals change over tomorrow, so if you're waiting for one of them, wait until you have purchased the Crystal before reaching out to the Support Team.

Additionally, remember that Dark Artifacts will disappear at the end of the Event! They are not being converted into anything, nor will the remain in your account.

which will be the following characters in the crystal ?? some list ??

This link has all the crystals and the champs that are in them. (it is towards the bottom of the thread)

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/63523/introducing-infinity-dungeons-updated-april-25th#latest
  • Options
    BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    edited May 2018
    Hey All,

So you put a cap on an item that everyone is going apecrap for, then don’t tell anyone it’s there and leave people to figure it out themselves after grinding for countless hours only to realize that they’re literally getting nothing? I want to say I’m surprised but I’ve honestly come to expect this sort of thing.
  • Options
    GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    Bahamut wrote: »
    Hey All,

So you put a cap on an item that everyone is going apecrap for, then don’t tell anyone it’s there and leave people to figure it out themselves after grinding for countless hours only to realize that they’re literally getting nothing? I want to say I’m surprised but I’ve honestly come to expect this sort of thing.

And they are now helping people to get them the right amount. They are helping right away. So they capped it for in the future, great. Sounds like glory. In which case artifacts might be a permenant feature. I’m happy about this news. I also know not a lot of people will have been bothered by this cap, since those that are able to reach that much artifacts most likely spend them when they could buy the crystal they wanted.

Edit: can’t stress enough how they are helping to fix it, not just saying “too bad, we can’t/won’t help.
  • Options
    Cap625Cap625 Posts: 6
    I totally feel like the hours I spent grinding the Dungeons were a total waste of my time. I spend all that time and then get a duplicate champ that has already been duped, he only gets 1 sig level and I get no shards and no ISO. So I basically spent all that time grinding dungeons to get 1 dang sig point for my 4* Winter Soldier. There should have been some thoughts given to people that end up getting absolutely NOTHING from our crystals. But I was told by Customer Support that it’s not their problem and they meant to do it that way. Great to hear Kabam. I’m glad your so Uber confident that people are going to just keep pumping their time and money into your game no matter how you treat them.
  • Options
    VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★
    Cap625 wrote: »
    I totally feel like the hours I spent grinding the Dungeons were a total waste of my time. I spend all that time and then get a duplicate champ that has already been duped, he only gets 1 sig level and I get no shards and no ISO. So I basically spent all that time grinding dungeons to get 1 dang sig point for my 4* Winter Soldier. There should have been some thoughts given to people that end up getting absolutely NOTHING from our crystals. But I was told by Customer Support that it’s not their problem and they meant to do it that way. Great to hear Kabam. I’m glad your so Uber confident that people are going to just keep pumping their time and money into your game no matter how you treat them.

They are certainly testing that threshold as of late.