**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why "It's RNG" is really nothing more than a lame excuse to improve game framework and dynamics.

raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
While it's true that HAVING GREAT LUCK plays an integral part of getting the good stuff in this game, the MCOC player community shouldn't tolerate "It's RNG" as a lame excuse for Kabam to get its act together. Any real great gaming company takes time to listen to its player base and ensure that REAL GAME ISSUES aren't thrown into their corporate pantry's kitchen sink.

This is a great game with a truckload of potential becoming an even greater game. Unfortunately very few in Kabam's executive team really truly care. Sometimes I am tempted to believe that some, if not most, of our VALID COMPLAINTS are probably unattended / unheeded because it forces the players to purchase units to revive and heal. (That's an observation).

There has to be some direction taken towards fixing the obvious especially technical problems. But Kabam should also realize that the rewards we get from the myriad of events (most of them are dull and boring now, arena, anyone?) is still so 2014. Almost 4 years later 6*s are already introduced but gold, T1As and the most basic catalysts are still problematic even for end-game players.

I am not suggesting that players should start being able to buy anything right off the bat using whatever resource is allocated for it. But the game design team has to figure out how to help players who are stuck in their progress because they have 12 T4CC cosmic catalysts (like me) when I need 12 T4CC mystic catalysts instead. Some game design component to determine a very specific "stuck point" should allow players to purchase a specific end game T4CC catalyst without having to use units or real $$$ in a specific time frame that will not make a huge dent on Kabam's profit from this game.

The Uncollected Title was a big breakthrough for end game players but what we get from the Uncollected Login and Uncollected Battle Chips are hardly worth anything that helps progression (okay, I backtrack a bit because you need to do truckloads of arena anyway to get the gold from UCBCs). But something more specific to end-game players should be put in place to make game progression not ridiculously difficult to those who are in end-game but have a life outside of MCOC.

While Kabam often makes up for problematic things in the contest by giving away free stuff (like the gifts we got after maintenance today) is really helpful (and appreciated), the game needs to consider an event, a store, a new resource that can bridge the gap of ultra long waiting to get those next x-amount of shards for your next R4 5*. Whatever it is this has to be considered. Because not very long from now there will be such a huge shortage of rank and level up materials for those who have a growing 5* roster.

Maybe the entire player community can put its creativity together and make some suggestions how to bridge the gap between this "It's RNG" to something that can benefit both the game maker and the gamers alike.

It's so tiring to hear "It's RNG" as a reason why this game can't reach its full potential.

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    The game has always relied on RNG. Something that should not be surprising. What you're suggesting is creating an entirely different Reward System. RNG is actually more fair than people realize.
  • Options
    TachyonShadowTachyonShadow Posts: 118
    Considering even a lot of big games, including console ones base themselves on RNG i would assume its one of the best ways to actually run a game instead of just let whoever spends a ton or just grinds all day to have everything because once you have everything what is the point you're gonna put the game down, most people play because they want the best and highest possible and RNG makes that take a long time to get
  • Options
    raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    The game has always relied on RNG. Something that should not be surprising. What you're suggesting is creating an entirely different Reward System. RNG is actually more fair than people realize.

It's fair based on whose perspective? Those who got 5* Blade and duped him and not long after a 5* Ghost Rider and then a 5* Stark Spidey. While the 90% sit on a triple duped Kamala Khan and Hulkbuster?

I'm not suggesting to remove RNG altogether. I'm suggesting to put something in place to bridge the huge gap of getting the resource you need vs the resource you don't need.

Surely it must irk the hell out of anyone if you have a five star you can't rank because you have a bazillion of T4CCS you don't need and get another one you don't need.
  • Options
    OxCOxC Posts: 57
    raffster wrote: »

It's fair based on whose perspective? Those who got 5* Blade and duped him and not long after a 5* Ghost Rider and then a 5* Stark Spidey. While the 90% sit on a triple duped Kamala Khan and Hulkbuster?

I'm not suggesting to remove RNG altogether. I'm suggesting to put something in place to bridge the huge gap of getting the resource you need vs the resource you don't need.

Surely it must irk the hell out of anyone if you have a five star you can't rank because you have a bazillion of T4CCS you don't need and get another one you don't need.

I have often wondered whether there is some kind of 'player profile' or scoring system that goes alongside with RNG in this game.

For example, I had nothing but 2* champs (and on very rare occasions a 3*) from PHC's for over 6 months. I complained to Kabam and asked how the system works as it is statistically very unlikely I would not pull at least one 4*. Within a week I pulled two 4*'s and since then in the past 3-4 months I have probably pulled 10 4*s from PHC's.

This has made me wonder if there is some kind of scoring/flag that can adjust the RNG and provide more or less probable outcomes for players.

The odds of not receiving a 4* from a PHC for 6 months and then receiving two in an week after complaining seems extremely unlikely.