**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

v18.1 Discussion Thread

Comments

• IanMoone89IanMoone89 Posts: 590
    IanMoone89 wrote: »
    IanMoone89 wrote: »
    Are you kidding me another side missions bad had enough we had 2 mons of it now your making it a 3rd month of side missions....we need a damn break....dont tell me in july will be another side mission for wasp film

I truly don’t understand this mindset. It is solely your choice to do side missions. They are up to you to decide if they are worth time and effort. If you feel like you need a break and don’t want to do it then you make the decision not to complete it.

There are a large number of players who feel burnt out and want less content. There are equally a large number of players who love having so much to do. If there’s a month of nothing, just an event quest then kabam annoys players who want to do something, whereas if they put side quests in then the people who want to do something are happy, and the people who want a break can have their break.

Kabam are doing a great job having all this content, I loved dungeons (room for improvement but that’s besides the point), I hated vanquishing blows so I didn’t do a single one. Don’t get annoyed with kabam for releasing too much, just do the amount you want to do.

You dont understand for an end player like myself falling behind isnt a option at all and if i opt to not do these side missions i fall behind...i already havent ranked any of my champs in over a month bc the champs i get from 5* are ****

That’s irrelevant, you falling behind isn’t an excuse for kabam to stop putting out content. Why should I not be able to have any side quests to do because you don’t want to fall behind? You have a choice, play and stay competitive risking burnout, or take a break and miss rewards. I’m an endgame player myself, so I do understand your situation. But I also understand that having no side quests or events means it’s a boring month while those who are burnt out rest. When there are side quests people who want to do them, do them and people who don’t can rest. That way you please more people.

Having boring mons would allow ppl to catch up on Act 5 not to mention take a breather. Side missions is exactly the meaning of burning out with AW season and AQ running every week....I rather have boring months then playing EQ.Side Missions with AW and AQ ultimatley burning out......not to mention having side missions with EQ is forcing us to spend on refills and believe me ppl rather spend units on masteries then on refills
  • LoganLogan Posts: 143 ★★
    I would rank AA down without question use the t2a to rank 5 iceman
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    Hey Everybody,

I'm sorry to report that a moderator gave you incorrect information when this was first reported. We know how important it is for us to be sure that we are giving you the most accurate information that we possibly can.

This was a bug, and although it was a long standing one, it doesn't mean that we didn't have to fix it. Archangel’s Stun was not acting like every other stun in the game.

The issue with having a Stun that does not act like a debuff is that it was causing a lot of problems, and with more new content and modes being added, this was becoming a bigger and bigger problem. Archangel was not only able to bypass Stun Immune nodes, but his stun would bypass other Champions abilities, like Agent Venom's Tenacity or Black Panther (Civil War)'s Reflect Stun, as well as not interact with Masteries like Willpower.

With this interaction becoming more and more prevalent in different game modes, we started seeing more of these problems come up, and this bug was one that became more of a priority.

We don’t have any plans to distribute Rank Down tickets as this is resolving a bug and not changing an intended fundamental Champion mechanic in a significant way.

AA neurotoxin already bypasses this other stuff anyway.....
    Lmao....
    Seriously.....

Atleast now i cant accidentally stun a stun immune BPCW....
    Patchie93 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike

So does this mean the stun that AA neurotoxin causes on expiry will be reflected by Black Panther (Civil war) and if so can you explain why?

It already was..... i have had neuro expire and reflect stun......
    If you only had 1 neuro when it expired it would always reflect....
    The reason why it didnt always relflect was if you had multiple neuros younstill had ability reduction.
    If you had 4 neuros on him and one expired you would still have 3 so there is 99.99% ability reduction so bpcw would not trigger reflect
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    <Currently running Act 5.3.5 with AA to take down the BPCW boss before the nerf goes into effect>
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    <Currently running Act 5.3.5 with AA to take down the BPCW boss before the nerf goes into effect>

Wont matter cus if you only have 1 neuro you will still get stunned now

And if you have multiple neuros you probs wont get stunned cus you reduce his ability accuracy...
  • PeacockJazzPeacockJazz Posts: 120
    I am one that used a generic awakening gem on my 5* AA and took him to Rank 4 and dumped 45 sig stones into him. I did this partially because his ability to stun opponents when nuerotoxins expire and for those stuns to work on stun immune champs and not trigger willpower or be reflected. It was a benefit to the champ that was confirmed by a moderator. I get that this ability is not something that you would like to keep in the game but something should be done for the players affected by this change to a champs abilities. Is there a way to give AA specific rank down options? Or at least set up a ticket response for players that want to only get AA changed. I understand a generic rank down ticket to anyone with AA is not the answer but some players are definitely hurt by this change, especially the ones that used the most rare resources in the game on this champ.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    MEKA5 wrote: »
    I’m going to throw my hat into the ring and say that it’s extremely disheartening to see this AA change. AA will still be a great champ, but the precedent this sets is scary. What Kabam is saying is that on a whim, they can change champ mechanics if they feel it is a threat to income.

They already did that with Thor, SW and Doc Strange. The new approach is calling it a "bugfix" when it's NOT obviously: it's a NERF. It's this kind of sneaky silent changes that build up distrust and frustration. Many players are slowing down, going to semi-retirement and definitely not spending that much money in this game anymore.

how do you know that they are not spending much money in the game anymore? do you have data to support this? pretty sure that this game is still in the top of mobile games. And I easily found that data to support my claims.

Android is currently 15th. and it's 24th for Apple right now at the lowest point of activity for the month. which means coming about june 6th and 7th you can comfortably say that they will rise to the top ten again for the new champions that will be released and the new content. pretty certain here that people are spending just as much if not more than before.

also, many players are slowing down because that's the trend of the end game player. you can't play a game forever, you slow down, the challenges are less challenging and you go out and find a new one.

but hey, I'm on your side here. I do feel that they are just rewording this as just a bug fix instead of the mobile n word. I do feel that this is building distrust and frustration as I feel it myself. but why should Kabam care, if new people join their game and spend all their money like the COW does
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    I am one that used a generic awakening gem on my 5* AA and took him to Rank 4 and dumped 45 sig stones into him. I did this partially because his ability to stun opponents when nuerotoxins expire and for those stuns to work on stun immune champs and not trigger willpower or be reflected. It was a benefit to the champ that was confirmed by a moderator. I get that this ability is not something that you would like to keep in the game but something should be done for the players affected by this change to a champs abilities. Is there a way to give AA specific rank down options? Or at least set up a ticket response for players that want to only get AA changed. I understand a generic rank down ticket to anyone with AA is not the answer but some players are definitely hurt by this change, especially the ones that used the most rare resources in the game on this champ.

I’m I similar situation. I purchased several FGMC when he was the featured champ. I used a generic AG on him. I only brought him to R3 because I ranked up Void over him recently, but he was next on the list.

Now considering this change, I would not have gone for him in the featured crystals and I would not have used a generic gem on him. I would have used a mutant gem if I got him, I still think he has a ton of value.

Point being, I used to endgame items and cash to go after a champ that was confirmed “working as intended”, only for them to reneg...