Regarding New GDPR Compliance Pop-Up [Mod Edited Title for Clarity]

24

Comments

  • nopenope Posts: 134
    Hey All,

    Sorry for the confusion here. This pop-up is in compliance with the new GDPR regulations, and should only be visible to Players in the UK and EU. We're getting the exact list of what is collected for you all, but to the best of my knowledge, the information that we do collect is required for us to be able to provide you with the game service, hence why it is required to be able to continue playing.

    Hold on a little bit, and we'll get you the exact list of what we collect ASAP.

    That would be awesome and greatly appreciated. Ty
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Hey All,

    Sorry for the confusion here. This pop-up is in compliance with the new GDPR regulations, and should only be visible to Players in the UK and EU. We're getting the exact list of what is collected for you all, but to the best of my knowledge, the information that we do collect is required for us to be able to provide you with the game service, hence why it is required to be able to continue playing.

    Hold on a little bit, and we'll get you the exact list of what we collect ASAP.
    Does that mean North Americans won’t see it and that they don’t have something to consent to?

    Thanks for the quick reply.

    Dr. Zola
  • BendyBendy Posts: 1,887 ★★★★
    I didn't get the pop up and I'm uk is it random
  • NevvBNevvB Posts: 287 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike if we have already consented and are from the US, can we switch our decision to decline?
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Bendy wrote: »
    I didn't get the pop up and I'm uk is it random

    Have you update mcoc ? It's in the new update along with new Deadpool EQ
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike every player is receiving this popup regardless of where they are located. are you saying this is not intended? If so should we not accept or decline?

    He only posted 9 minutes ago that he was going to have to look into it and reply back in a "little bit." I know "little bit" is subjective to your own interpretation but I'd expect it takes a little more than 9 minutes to get a good answer from the game team.
  • HatshipuhHatshipuh Posts: 146
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5770969/The-Latest-LA-Times-site-offline-EU-amid-new-data-rules.html

    Facebook and Google are facing complaints because of forced consent, how is this any different?
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 439 ★★★
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    Lol watching all these paranoid people freak out is hilarious. Kabam already collects all this data from you. The only thing that's changing is that in the EU, they are now required to ask your permission to collect the data (or else you can't play). In the US they aren't required to get your consent and they have been collecting this data from you all along.

    Of course they already collected it. The only thing I’m interested in, is what exactly and to what end. That’s it.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    Lol watching all these paranoid people freak out is hilarious. Kabam already collects all this data from you. The only thing that's changing is that in the EU, they are now required to ask your permission to collect the data (or else you can't play). In the US they aren't required to get your consent and they have been collecting this data from you all along.
    Obviously wrong since I live in the US. Why would they need my consent again

    5noa6jr8fqpc.png
  • nopenope Posts: 134
    It's also a wonderful opening to ask for a way to decline all data collection. Besides the fact that we can actually get details now.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    Anonymous wrote: »
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    Lol watching all these paranoid people freak out is hilarious. Kabam already collects all this data from you. The only thing that's changing is that in the EU, they are now required to ask your permission to collect the data (or else you can't play). In the US they aren't required to get your consent and they have been collecting this data from you all along.
    Obviously wrong since I live in the US. Why would they need my consent again

    5noa6jr8fqpc.png

    They don't need your consent. That notice was meant for people in the EU, not the US.
  • Quick note -

    As Miike said, this is meant to be popping up for UK/EU players. We're looking into it and getting the information we need to share with y'all. Please stick with us a bit longer while we do so. Thank you!
  • hope4tghope4tg Posts: 149
    nope wrote: »
    It's also a wonderful opening to ask for a way to decline all data collection. Besides the fact that we can actually get details now.

    "Decline all data collection"? What do you mean? Do you see this as an opportunity to tell Kabam that you do not want data about your gameplay collected? If so, that makes no sense. They are already collecting gameplay data, they always did.It is required to make the game functional for you. You can not ask Kabam to not collect your data since you are not entitled to their product. You can, however, quit playing and change your consent from the options tab (they say this is possible, did not check in-game myself yet) and they will delete all data they can about you (probably to be in-line with the "right to be forgotten" in the GDPR). Even though this is ought to be EU+UK only Kabam is showing this consent message to everyone, which seems to be not intended.

  • sparky205sparky205 Posts: 26
    I live in the US, and got the pop up. If you weren't going to post it for people in the US, why is it showing up for them?
  • nopenope Posts: 134
    hope4tg wrote: »
    nope wrote: »
    It's also a wonderful opening to ask for a way to decline all data collection. Besides the fact that we can actually get details now.

    "Decline all data collection"? What do you mean? Do you see this as an opportunity to tell Kabam that you do not want data about your gameplay collected? If so, that makes no sense. They are already collecting gameplay data, they always did.It is required to make the game functional for you. You can not ask Kabam to not collect your data since you are not entitled to their product. You can, however, quit playing and change your consent from the options tab (they say this is possible, did not check in-game myself yet) and they will delete all data they can about you (probably to be in-line with the "right to be forgotten" in the GDPR). Even though this is ought to be EU+UK only Kabam is showing this consent message to everyone, which seems to be not intended.

    Hahah ok. Apologies for the word all. Lmao. I'd rather have the most minimal and only necessary data collected. Better?
  • TsunaniTsunani Posts: 173
    I'm in Brazil and I accepted cause I don't wanna quit the game. Will be there a go back on that for me?
  • sfu_koraxsfu_korax Posts: 236
    edited June 2018
    Nevermind what i said, comment can be deleted
  • I too got that im from asia i have 2 accounts in my 1st account i clicked on consent but dint got that option in 2nd one.. 🤔 Does that mean u will moderate my 1st account not the 2nd one?
  • 2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 320 ★★
    Hey All,

    Sorry for the confusion here. This pop-up is in compliance with the new GDPR regulations, and should only be visible to Players in the UK and EU. We're getting the exact list of what is collected for you all, but to the best of my knowledge, the information that we do collect is required for us to be able to provide you with the game service, hence why it is required to be able to continue playing.

    Hold on a little bit, and we'll get you the exact list of what we collect ASAP.

    Does this mean players NOT in the UK and EU have a different privacy policy?
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    2StarKing wrote: »
    Hey All,

    Sorry for the confusion here. This pop-up is in compliance with the new GDPR regulations, and should only be visible to Players in the UK and EU. We're getting the exact list of what is collected for you all, but to the best of my knowledge, the information that we do collect is required for us to be able to provide you with the game service, hence why it is required to be able to continue playing.

    Hold on a little bit, and we'll get you the exact list of what we collect ASAP.

    Does this mean players NOT in the UK and EU have a different privacy policy?

    The privacy laws in the EU have recently changed. The actual practices of the company's haven't changed really but they are now required to explicitly offer consent in clear terms.

    I'm sure kabam has the same policy for all their players. In fact just by agreeing to the ToS we agree to the privacy policy. The problem is most people don't bother to read the ToS or privacy policy so they changed the law in the EU to make companies make them more clear.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    EvilAsh wrote: »
    Hey All,

    Sorry for the confusion here. This pop-up is in compliance with the new GDPR regulations, and should only be visible to Players in the UK and EU. We're getting the exact list of what is collected for you all, but to the best of my knowledge, the information that we do collect is required for us to be able to provide you with the game service, hence why it is required to be able to continue playing.

    Hold on a little bit, and we'll get you the exact list of what we collect ASAP.

    How is that compliance, your pop up doesn't tell what personal data you are collecting or the actual reason you're collecting it!

    How is this in compliance, the regulations clearly state that you must give us this information.

    Saying that your collecting and simply stating where you are getting the information is NOT THE SAME AS TELLING US WHAT INFORMATION YOU ARE GETTING!

    you are not complying and nothing in the law says you have the right to collect personal information that does not have to do with the game. Only information provided by us would pertain to the game, so how can you claim any information obtain without disclosure is for that purpose?!6a4t5i4dbhy4.jpg

    How is this even an issue for you? You clearly don't understand what is going on. They have been collecting this data from you since the first day you started playing the game. They aren't asking permission to collect more personal data from you. They are asking permission to keep collecting the same data that they've been collecting from you for years. The only reason you are seeing this pop-up is because new EU privacy laws require that you give your permission.

    Even if you don't live in the EU, it changes nothing. They will still be collecting that same data from you if you want to play. If you don't want the data about your play sent to them, you have one option. DON'T PLAY.
  • Avengerboy99Avengerboy99 Posts: 92
    Didn't ask me to approve for consent either. I'm from Asia. Just directly downloaded the 41 MB update and the game booted.
  • HatshipuhHatshipuh Posts: 146
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    Even if you don't live in the EU, it changes nothing. They will still be collecting that same data from you if you want to play. If you don't want the data about your play sent to them, you have one option. DON'T PLAY.

    That's what Facebook and Google tried to do, agree to them collecting data or don't use their services, which is a breach of GDPR, and they may be facing fines worth billions because of that.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 910 ★★★
    clarification from the mod would help greatly. but hey it sounds like if you want to play you got to give up whatever information they want from your phone probably means they can scan your phone to see if your using third-party apps or what your behavior is just like anything else from Facebook to Snapchat that's what it's all about your private info.
Sign In or Register to comment.