**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Pay to win has become pay to play

you know what, i’m not a rich man, im fine with that, i can’t afford to dump money into something i don’t absolutely need, which is why i’ve been alright with kabam trying their best with offers of exclusive items and other things, which is annoying to miss out on, but at least i can still play and progress, as well as this ive been looking forward to another deadpool arena for the longest time, ready to grind my butt off for a shot at him, when suddenly an offer appears, I can get a shot at deadpool!! FOR 10 DOLLARS, while that’s not a hefty sum i hate what it says about where the games going, it’s not enough to spend units and time on this game trying to get certain characters or items, i know have to spend actual money to even participate, as well as this they’ve changed the people being rewarded deadpool has been reduced from 800 to 200! this game has been fun for me since it’s release but forcing me to pay 10 dollars to have a chance to spend my time and units on grinding 24/7 for the duration of the arena for (with my luck) to get 201st in the arena, with the gold pool arena after making it even more of a mockery that i would have to dump more time and units into that if i even wanted a chance at him, all in all, im fine if you send juicy offers my way w/ T2 alphas or 5 star shards for 50 bucks, just know i’m not gonna waste my money on it. But the second you make a portion of the game unavailable just because i won’t spend my hard earned money on a mobile game? That’s when i get upset

Comments

• Options
    EliOrSomethingEliOrSomething Posts: 112 ★★
    now*
  • Options
    DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    You should boycott. That would teach them.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    This isn't a new direction. It's always been a part of the game. You can get as far as you want without spending a dime. It just takes longer.
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    You said you were excited for deadpool arena to come back... you make it sound like you were playing when it was here before.
    If you were then you already know this and i dunno what you expected.
    And if were not then sorry but...

Last deapool arena was the same. Only available to peeps who bought 3* deadpool. Sorry but nothing has changed.
  • Options
    Pot_Belly_Papa1Pot_Belly_Papa1 Posts: 61
    Being a f2p dosent stop you completing all content , it just makes it slower . There are plenty and various you tubers and videos of supposed f2p accounts that move fast through the game , why ? Coz they know what their doing for starters .

F2p will always be slower progression
    Part f2p/ptw will always be the middle ground
    Ptw will always be on top .

Tip ;- find the content that applies to you , don’t look too far ahead on content your time and skill dosent allow and just go through at your own pace and you’ll get there just like everyone else .
  • Options
    TachyonShadowTachyonShadow Posts: 118
    Considering the fact that literally every game that has a F2P option also has a lot of things locked behind a pay wall just having one champ be locked in this one is basically nothing, you can get everything in this game except red deadpool and now goldpool without spending a dime
  • Options
    LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Who cares? He's a trophy champ.

If they put Blade behind a paywall, then I could understand. But seriously, Deadpool? Come on man.
  • Options
    Julius_SeizureJulius_Seizure Posts: 99
    Considering the fact that literally every game that has a F2P option also has a lot of things locked behind a pay wall just having one champ be locked in this one is basically nothing, you can get everything in this game except red deadpool and now goldpool without spending a dime

You can get Goldpool from the new gold crystals as well, so the only character really locked behind a paywall is Deadpool.

• Options
    there will be 6 top 200 4* og red Deadpool arenas so that's 1200 deadpools.
    they increased it from 150 to 200...its a 5* arena

will be the same top 200 that just redo it to dupe him
  • Options
    IanMoone89IanMoone89 Posts: 590
    edited June 2018

You can get Goldpool from the new gold crystals as well, so the only character really locked behind a paywall is Deadpool.

Odds of that are same for white iron fist lol heck its same odds of me having a wrestling match with a yeti lol
  • Options
    LoPresti wrote: »
    Who cares? He's a trophy champ.

If they put Blade behind a paywall, then I could understand. But seriously, Deadpool? Come on man.

who got best regen in game, deadpool should be rewarded the same as any other versus top %
    making it top 200 only out of 2 000 000? ppl makes it pay to win, pl will just spent thousands of units to refresh champs instead of waiting for cool down, several people will have hit 10million points in the first 8 h ffs
  • Options
    ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    there will be 6 top 200 4* og red Deadpool arenas so that's 1200 deadpools.
    they increased it from 150 to 200...its a 5* arena

will be the same top 200 that just redo it to dupe him

theres only 1 gold pool arena
  • Options
    BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★

They never said that. They said that you could get a Goldpool arena ticket from the new Gold Crystals.
  • Options
    K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    Bahamut wrote: »

They never said that. They said that you could get a Goldpool arena ticket from the new Gold Crystals.

False. They said directly in the big breaking the bank thread that you can pull Goldpool from the Pools Gold crystal.
    I believe the gold crystals are worded wrong. @Kabam Miike can you clarify that they have only the golden ticket as a rare chance to get in to get a chance at 5* goldpool or is 5* goldpool also in the gold crystals as a rare chance?

It's both! They have a rare chance at awarding a Golden Ticket, and an even rarer chance at a 5-Star Goldpool as well!

• Options
    RodsteinRodstein Posts: 207
    Honestly why keep the top 200 as the goal, why not make it 5% i mean people are spending money for a chance, the chance is smaller when you limit it to top 200 then you can say, well you will have 6-8 shoots, but unless im mistaken for the next rounds you gotta put 300 units for another ticket, still the top 200 rule remains, less assume we could reach an agreement and have people getting him once and then let others have it, then maybe this could work, but we are selfish, kabam knows this so 1200-1600 og Deadpools are way less bc of that at least around 800 will get him from only kabam knows how many buy the 3* pack

That is my unwanted pov
  • Options
    ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Rodstein wrote: »
    Honestly why keep the top 200 as the goal, why not make it 5% i mean people are spending money for a chance, the chance is smaller when you limit it to top 200 then you can say, well you will have 6-8 shoots, but unless im mistaken for the next rounds you gotta put 300 units for another ticket, still the top 200 rule remains, less assume we could reach an agreement and have people getting him once and then let others have it, then maybe this could work, but we are selfish, kabam knows this so 1200-1600 og Deadpools are way less bc of that at least around 800 will get him from only kabam knows how many buy the 3* pack

That is my unwanted pov

There will always be a cutoff, notmatter, someone will get butt hurt missing out.

200...201 gets shafted
    500..501 gets shafted
    1,000...1,001 gets shafted
    10,000...10,001 get shafted
    5%?...that dude who is rank 5.00000000000000001% higher gets shafted (could be as close 1 round of arena or amere hundred points, or even 5 or less arena points.)
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Rodstein wrote: »
    Honestly why keep the top 200 as the goal, why not make it 5%

Why not 6%? Why not 8.5% Why not 100%? Why not give two per person?

You can always ask why not something else. The fact is, no one, game developer or otherwise, does anything because they rule out all other possibilities. They have a reason to do something, and they do. There will *always* be an opportunity to ask why not something else. But if you spend all your time thinking about why not something else, you'll never do anything at all.
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    You are complaining over a trophy champ that's not going to significantly affect your progression at all. Kabam is obviously first and foremost a business trying to make money. If people want to pay to get a trophy champ like Deadpool, good for them. You can't expect to collect them all if you're not willing to spend a little bit of $. Now if Deadpool / Goldpool were amazing Blade-tier characters, that would be pay-to-play paywall. There is nothing in this game you can't achieve without spending any $, you may just have to wait longer than paying customers to get it. Even in the highest tiers of the game.
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Don't worry goldpool is trash so what if he shiny doesn't make him any better than stark spidey, blade, ghost rider, hela, red hulk, luke cage (my act 5 exploration destroyer) and I could keep going but we would be here all day.
    Focus on the champs available to you through crystals and don't think about goldy.
  • Options
    Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    I’m F2P and have only a little problem with the Deadpool whale stuff; it’s not like goldpool is a god tier or anything. If anything, it clears out a few more spots in the domino arena bc everyone is grinding for dead/goldpool.