Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Fighting IM AQ boss now ... quick help needed

winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,828 ★★★★★
Any quick tips to prevent Iron Man from triggering Arc Overload? Using Elektra.

Assuming I can stay alive till that point.
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    WhocallerWhocaller Posts: 23
    IM is not a big deal. Play normally evading is S1 or S2 is easy, Use your Sp1 instead of Sp2 or Sp3 by that way You can decrease his ability for more time.
  • Options
    ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    winterthur wrote: »
    Any quick tips to prevent Iron Man from triggering Arc Overload? Using Elektra.

Assuming I can stay alive till that point.
    Thanks.

What map are you running?
  • Options
    Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    Make him bleed or only attack while under the stun from parry. Easy day then
  • Options
    Yelin547 wrote: »

He is on stun immune boss node, and heavy hitting not interrupted.

• Options
    JSnookJSnook Posts: 219

That's not AQ.
  • Options
    Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    Then make sure he's bleeding at the point of triggering regen. time your special.
  • Options
    JSnook wrote: »

That's not AQ.

Sorry, typo error. Should be AW.
    :(

• Options
    Thawnim wrote: »
    BP CW is great cause so many people are dependent on parry and stunning.

Unfortunately, I am one of those.
    Just tried duel an IM 5 times and with parry and stun, I can't even register 30 hits.

Guess I just have to get good.

• Options
    After 275 units, IM down.
    Expensive. :'(

• Options
    After 275 units, IM down.
    Expensive. :'(

Ouch. Hope it is worth it and gets you a victory.
  • Options
    TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    edited June 2017
    KALIZO wrote: »
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME? IF YOU CANT BEAT HIM, YOU NEED TO SERIOUSLY RECONSIDER YOUR PLAYING SKIILS. HE IS EASY.. JUST DANCE AROUND HIS SP1 AND SP2. KICK HIS BUTT

Newbs exists dude not everyones a great player right from the start
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,269 ★★★★★
    edited June 2017
    You can either reverse it with someone like Guillotine, or do enough Damage to counter it. Bleed would work. You have to time it right. You can also Nullify it. Unfortunately there's no way to stop it from triggering if he's Duped.
  • Options
    You can either reverse it with someone like Guillotine, or do enough Damage to counter it. Bleed would work. You have to time it right. Unfortunately there's no way to stop it from triggering if he's Duped.

He could nullify it with Magik or SW or use VP's om nom even
  • Options
    TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    You can either reverse it with someone like Guillotine, or do enough Damage to counter it. Bleed would work. You have to time it right. Unfortunately there's no way to stop it from triggering if he's Duped.

Or kill him before he triggers his overload with gamora or RR
  • Options

I just edited LOL. Still waking up. I posted it just before you commented. ;) Thanks.
  • Options
    Also, Hyperion works beautifully. Stack his Incinerate, and it eats right through it.
  • Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Assassin mastery can also prevent it from triggering if you can get that. If you're struggling with the stun immune part try to use his specials as an opening to attack. After the animation ends you'll have time to charge forwards and start a combo. And be careful attacking after he uses a heavy. Make sure the animation has completely finished or you'll just bounce off as if he's unstoppable.
  • Options

I just edited LOL. Still waking up. I posted it just before you commented. ;) Thanks.

Oops, some of us are already on coffee cup number three.
  • Options
    BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    Elektra, CB, Falcon, Voodoo, BW all can prevent it. Also it can be nullified or staggered by many mystic champs. Assassin mastery can prevent it with any champ.
    None of these option, however, are 100% guaranteed.
    For stun-immune nodes go watch some videos on baiting specials, heavies and on intercepting.
  • Options
    PurveyorPurveyor Posts: 201 ★★
    edited June 2017
    Honestly. At lower tiers iron man is a decent option. I never see him in tier 2 for obvious reasons. But when I was tier 7 or 8 in my early days he was a killer defender. Newer players don't know how to fight him. It was a long time ago. But I put a 4/40 iron man center mini boss at around tier 8 and he got 18 kills once.
  • Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Purveyor wrote: »
    Honestly. At lower tiers iron man is a decent option. I never see him in tier 2 for obvious reasons. But when I was tier 7 or 8 in my early days he was a killer defender. Newer players don't know how to fight him. It was a long time ago. But I put a 4/40 iron man center mini boss at around tier 8 and he got 18 kills once.

I used to do the same with mine, was unbelievable how many kills he got on a regular basis. Nearly always more than 10 on that node. Weren't many that could get through when we were in the lower tiers. It's a shame his effectiveness goes down so dramatically as you move up, can't remember the last time I used him for defence.
  • Options
    Jim0172Jim0172 Posts: 85
    IM's effectiveness went down after 12.0 when they made regen flat and not scale to health.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Update!

Managed to win this war with a very slim margin. :) but personally for me ... very very expensive still.

• Options
    JamezBongJamezBong Posts: 97
    Atleast you show the will to win.

Congratz !
  • Options
    GunzoGunzo Posts: 719 ★★
    Guillotine, Thor, Cyclops, Any armor breakers, heal blockers

Just kick his ass!!!!

Magik, Rhino, NC, Spidey, Jugg, Ultron and Dormammu are actually way worse
  • Options
    First, I made mistake, it's AW and not AQ.
    Second, I had only Elektra left, Wolverine and Thor koed on the way.
    Third, and third ... I need to get good playing on stun immune node, else many units spent. :s
    Last, thanks on all the encouragement.