**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How to handle a cheater if you don’t know who it is???

Recently got a message today from Kabam stating our alliance is being penalized due to a cheater but me nor the former leader have any idea who it could be how do you track them down and kick them if Kabam won’t ban the culprit???? Please help don’t want my alliance to suffer for 1 player mischievousness

Comments

• ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Recently got a message today from Kabam stating our alliance is being penalized due to a cheater but me nor the former leader have any idea who it could be how do you track them down and kick them if Kabam won’t ban the culprit???? Please help don’t want my alliance to suffer for 1 player mischievousness

you gota interview the player and don't just pickup random people. aq/aw feels like a job, you go in, do ur thing, and perform to the best if you're abilities. Also if they other people vouch for them that is a + to.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    Really feel like Kabam needs to update their Privacy Policy to allow them to identify cheaters to alliance leadership. I have never been in the situation with an alliance being penalized and not knowing who they need to remove, but I cannot imagine how frustrating that must be.
  • シャドウシャドウ Posts: 30
    I just submitted a ticket to kabam asking the exact same thing - and then after a short wait - just received a response email saying that the case was closed.

If you're listening Kabam - that's case # 04770464

All we were asking was:
    - Help us identify the cheating player in order to promptly remove him / her from the Alliance.
    - At least let us know that the Alliance as a whole will not be penalized by the actions of one member that we dont even know who is cheating.

We are actually asking for the steps that we as an Alliance need to take in order to not get any trouble with Kabam, but all we got was a redirect to the support FAQ page that doesn't cater at all to our situation.
  • SuperFarzSuperFarz Posts: 166

you gota interview the player and don't just pickup random people. aq/aw feels like a job, you go in, do ur thing, and perform to the best if you're abilities. Also if they other people vouch for them that is a + to.

Sure asking a guy if he ‘cheats’ will result to the guy admitting in an interview. Good fairy land solution. Ofcourse you can minimize the risks with your suggestions but still sadly you are helpless at the end when it occurs.
  • Ground_Round1Ground_Round1 Posts: 1,012
    @Kabam Rimehaven,

I just have to that this is the most pleasant, personal, and engaging correspondence that I have ever read from a moderator in these forums. Thank you for empathizing with the players. Hopefully, over time, a better solution can be reached with this AW cheating situation...such as a temporary ban so that the alliance can connect the dots...but until then, we need more correspondence like this from the moderators. It would go a long way to improve relations between kabam/the moderators and the player base.

Thank you for showing some personality and empathy, it was refreshing to read.

Ground Round.
  • Thanks for all the responses especially from the moderator and I apologize this discussion took place here, I just haven’t had this happen before so I didn’t know how to approach the situation, we are going to take a step back from wars until the cheater weeds him or herself out by not benefiting because to many of us have put to much time in to lose everything.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    So then what is the suggested action to be taken to remove the player that caused such a negative impact on the alliance if you don't know who it is?
  • Well if they won’t tell me who it is because of the privacy policy and to top it off whoever it was violated the game rules as it is they should at least do something to the culprits account because the whole alliance was effected for 1 persons actions, it wasn’t like we knew we had a cheater in our mist, I just want them to clarify what exactly happens to cheaters if they continue to cheat and being as a alliance leader do I have any pull onto finding out because I can’t upright start accusing people it was them.
  • Cosmic_Ray13Cosmic_Ray13 Posts: 302
    Just kick everyone lol
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Then you can't double penalize the alliance. the player gets away with it. Doesn't get the ban, and the entire group takes a hit for something they can't control. That's not at all fair or just. It can literally happen to any alliance then that's out there as Kabam sees fit.

Seriously, though, if a player is piloting give them a temp ban. That's it. Kabam isn't informing anyone of what happened, and the alliance can figure it out for themselves. But I think Kabam should be just as fair as they are with protecting privacy.

On this though, Piloting doesn't make a drastic difference in the competition. If the account has the right players, then they are going to get through the content pretty easily. without a problem. Anyone in the higher tiers is more than likely skilled enough to handle any content that's out there. just speaking of my impression on the majority of players rated 400k+. now i get some people will say it breaks the rules and this and that, but honestly, if that's all that's being done to take advantage from one alliance to another, and a large percentage of alliances use piloting, then you can't justifiably punish an entire alliance and not punish the individual player.

• JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Hello MattmanDman! So we understand that it can really demotivate players when they find out a member of their own Alliance caused the entire group to be penalized because they decided for themselves they would cheat. To put it bluntly, it sucks. Regardless, we can't share who did it as we promised not just them, but every single Summoner in the game their privacy and that's not something we intend to break. We apologize, profusely, to those who have played and continue to play through AQ and AW legitimately, because at the end of the day you guys rock and we appreciate everything that you do. Keep it up!

Regarding the second question posted by シャドウ, although the Alliance may not have known and didn't intend to benefit by one or two Summoners going against the rules of the game and cheating, there still was a benefit, although unknown, that they received. That is why your Rating is affected, because we are evening out between what legitimate players earned and what the Alliance benefited from in terms of using exploits/cheats, effectively leveling out the playing field. As a reminder, you can review our terms of service here.

While we can't give out information on other player's accounts, and therefore can't state specifically which player in your alliance may have been at fault, our Teams are open to your feedback and suggestions. We can't promise a suggestion will be instituted, as we have to consider all possible knock on effects and ensure we're upholding our own Privacy Policy, but we do welcome your additional constructive suggestions here.

As a reminder, the forums are not for the discussion of actions taken in game or out of game, including bans.

Your stance on this is absolutely deluded. The person goes undetected an puts the alliance at risk pnishment again if he can't be found out. Why can't you just remove the players from that alliance or give them a temp ban.
This discussion has been closed.