**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

2* wars effecting the highest levels of AW.

Comments

• nopenope Posts: 134
    Riegel wrote: »
    nope wrote: »
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    I understand that the BETA is new and shiny, but there isn't much going on there, and don't let it detract you from a major issue.

Maybe you can you use the downtime in this thread to ask you ally about the chats they are supposedly in

You want me to ask myself about ally chats who is supposedly in?

I've already commented on those chats.

Did i ask you to ask your self, no. Nice deflection tho. Ask your ally about the matchmaking chats they are in since you keep saying you have no knowledge but others are sure your ally is in them.

Yes, you did.

Maybe you can you use the downtime in this thread to ask you ally about the chats they are supposedly in

"You can use this time to ask you."

Supposedly is the right word. When you call other people out they will do whatever they can to smear you too. In this case they are just throwing accusations. Hope this helps.

Read more an you'll see i said to ask you ( meant to be your) ally about the chats THEY are in. Good deflection again tho.

IDK you, but I'm sorry you feel that way. I've already answered this question, so if you really want to know go read it instead of just spreading lies.

Thanks.

Am not spreading lies at all. I said you should go ask your ally if it's true what others have said. Your on a crusade here so if its true it seriously undermines what your preaching

Well. I'm clean. No piloting or piloted. No fixed matches. No collusion of any kind. No mods. Just straight up match when it's open, play the best we can. P1 trying like hell to break into master but ok with p1 if it ends up that way (it will lol). Finger pointing doesn't really get us anywhere imo.

To top that off, the op has become a pariah in many circles of the community solely because of posts like these. Idk him, but I've read his posts and I've seen what the top allis have to say about him. Maybe he's trying to just make way for his alli, idk. But it seems to me that he wants things cleaned up and I'm good with that as it's what I want as well.

I posted proof of piloting and collusion in season 1 and also sent proof of people buying legends titles as well as buying 5* Thanos legends runs. So yeah there are many cheaters who don't like me :lol:

Keep it up imo. I've seen comments about all that. Tbf, I've seen allegations against your alliance as well but have seen no proof.. And in the end, if we're here asking for kabam to really clean this mess up... We'll need all the voices we can get.

Diversions are just that. And they take away from the message. A good investigation by kabam should clear up who does what and who doesn't. Just need to get them moving on it.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    I understand that the BETA is new and shiny, but there isn't much going on there, and don't let it detract you from a major issue.

You want me to ask myself about ally chats who is supposedly in?

I've already commented on those chats.

Did i ask you to ask your self, no. Nice deflection tho. Ask your ally about the matchmaking chats they are in since you keep saying you have no knowledge but others are sure your ally is in them.

Yes, you did.

"You can use this time to ask you."

Supposedly is the right word. When you call other people out they will do whatever they can to smear you too. In this case they are just throwing accusations. Hope this helps.

Read more an you'll see i said to ask you ( meant to be your) ally about the chats THEY are in. Good deflection again tho.

IDK you, but I'm sorry you feel that way. I've already answered this question, so if you really want to know go read it instead of just spreading lies.

Thanks.

Am not spreading lies at all. I said you should go ask your ally if it's true what others have said. Your on a crusade here so if its true it seriously undermines what your preaching

Well. I'm clean. No piloting or piloted. No fixed matches. No collusion of any kind. No mods. Just straight up match when it's open, play the best we can. P1 trying like hell to break into master but ok with p1 if it ends up that way (it will lol). Finger pointing doesn't really get us anywhere imo.

To top that off, the op has become a pariah in many circles of the community solely because of posts like these. Idk him, but I've read his posts and I've seen what the top allis have to say about him. Maybe he's trying to just make way for his alli, idk. But it seems to me that he wants things cleaned up and I'm good with that as it's what I want as well.

I posted proof of piloting and collusion in season 1 and also sent proof of people buying legends titles as well as buying 5* Thanos legends runs. So yeah there are many cheaters who don't like me :lol:

Keep it up imo. I've seen comments about all that. Tbf, I've seen allegations against your alliance as well but have seen no proof.. And in the end, if we're here asking for kabam to really clean this mess up... We'll need all the voices we can get.

Diversions are just that. And they take away from the message. A good investigation by kabam should clear up who does what and who doesn't. Just need to get them moving on it.

I agree, and I have seen the screen shot posted by those in question from the very alliance that DID do a 2* war. There is a very big difference between a member of our alliance talking to someone and getting shot down to an alliance actually following through with cheating.

I invited Kabam to thoroughly investigate all the top 20 alliance and deduct points unbiasedly for every war this season if there was any signs of wrong doing.
    Hahaha yeah I saw that one for sure. And yes I wish kabam would go thru each and every one for master and platinum. It should be done by default imo
    Vale84 wrote: »
    There is no room of discussion for punishment. Punishment has been the same for all cheaters so far (1.4m points deduction and 300 war rating), and having NY or any other ally have a wider one would be unfair to them. You (we) can discuss the problem regarding next upcoming season but nit the current one.

Like someone smartly wrote tho, the problem is elsewhere:

The moment kabam stepped on to punish iso8 they created a new precedent. Being it too harsh or too kind doesnt matter. They got ahold of a clear case with proof for once so they have ti decide on a line of conduct. Which was considering war manipulation as cheating.

1)Being it minor, average or major manipulation doesnt really matter. If you gave a free walk with no defense, agreed on a 2* war or worse, the main point is that you tried and successfully manipulated the war you had.

2) the moment kabam decides that manipulation= cheating and hands over penalties, it
    means all kinds of manipulation are cheating.

3) as per above, for justice of an equal treatment and sticking to the "plan", every kind of manipulation MUST receive the same degree of punishment, there is no going around it.

Not doing so would equal to stating 2* wars are fine, no problem.can you imagine at 3 wars from season end what that would translate to? The whole season would turn into a meme fiesta just in those last 3 aws and efforts time and money used up for it would go to waste for most of who played by the rules.

That s all. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Loto

I encourage you to edit your post and remove the name of the alliances as that could be used as cause to remove the entire thread.

I do agree that we need consistency here.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    All this cheating really really sucks.....
    Cus i would love to see a system where you are able to challenge a particular alliance to a war. And have rewards based on the strength of the two allies. Ie stronger beats weaker get less rewards, weaker beats stronger get more rewards.
    As i would love to fight against my sister ally and allies that have friends in them.

But i cannot think of a way it could be done that would not be exploited.
    And the more you read about the lengths that alliances go to for rewards just shows that it is impossible.
    As soon as someone has a choice in wat happens people will exploit it....
    Unfortunately rng is the only way that cannot be manipulated/exploited....

I am sure i am not the only one that would love to fight a mates ally.... but there is not much chance any of us could do that.
    And the simple reason is because of people like this that have no moral compass and would sell thier own mother if the reward was high enough.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    who cares, loop holes are closed new ones open. Top tier alliance are obsessed with the game and wining, they not only put all their time and money in they study the game and bend rules, Is there anywhere in the rules of this game that what they are doing is wrong? If not ,it's called thinking thinking outside the box. These guys keep kabam in business, they make videos on YouTube spending 3k of real money buying FGMCs (which kudos to kabam for making bank on changing the featured 5* crystal , that was their plan all along.)
  • ezmoneyezmoney Posts: 208
    permaban to proven offenders need to be handed out. no more of this deduct a few points bs or 7 day ban.... PERMA BAN these fools and this behavior will stop. If they dont fear risking their accounts then it will continue. Get your heads out of the sand Kabam.
    G0311 wrote: »
    who cares, loop holes are closed new ones open. Top tier alliance are obsessed with the game and wining, they not only put all their time and money in they study the game and bend rules, Is there anywhere in the rules of this game that what they are doing is wrong? If not ,it's called thinking thinking outside the box. These guys keep kabam in business, they make videos on YouTube spending 3k of real money buying FGMCs (which kudos to kabam for making bank on changing the featured 5* crystal , that was their plan all along.)

Just fyi that YT'er that spends a lot has already condemned cheaters.

Yeah. Cus he spends that much money cus he fricken loves the game soooo much.
    Anyone that truly loves the game can see that cheaters ruin it for everyone.
    Cheaters dont love the game as much as they say/think they do. If they did they wiuldnt cheat. They would play in the spirit.
    They love the rewards and the feeling of being on top. But really playing properly is a much better feeling. If you do ever get to the top you would actually feel like the best....

Its funny too guys who cheat carry on and brag as if they are the best.....
    Guys like COW are more humble. He will openly admit he is not the best and not the most skilled and it is the fact he spends $$$$$ that gives him the roster to be toward the top....

Cheaters are not like that. Cheaters value that number 1 spot and that is all.
    People that love the game love the journey. Not just the destination.
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    Maat1985 wrote: »

Yeah. Cus he spends that much money cus he fricken loves the game soooo much.
    Anyone that truly loves the game can see that cheaters ruin it for everyone.
    Cheaters dont love the game as much as they say/think they do. If they did they wiuldnt cheat. They would play in the spirit.
    They love the rewards and the feeling of being on top. But really playing properly is a much better feeling. If you do ever get to the top you would actually feel like the best....

Its funny too guys who cheat carry on and brag as if they are the best.....
    Guys like COW are more humble. He will openly admit he is not the best and not the most skilled and it is the fact he spends $$$$$ that gives him the roster to be toward the top....

Cheaters are not like that. Cheaters value that number 1 spot and that is all.
    People that love the game love the journey. Not just the destination.

Dont really get it aswell. Why bother being n.1 if everyone knows you didn't even earn it. I'd rather be n.2 but legit if i had to choose and i was fighting for top masters. rewards won't get you recognition, which is the main reason most of cheaters cheat...for the bragging rights.
  • cookiedealercookiedealer Posts: 260 ★★

Many upper tier alliances are competitive. Cheaters should have no place there.

And I disagree. You're broadly labeling the whales/players who post FGMC openings on YouTube as cheaters, which is without proof.

Colluding is not smart, or thinking outside the box, or strategic. It's literally throwing all other alliances under the bus.

I think Kabam should step it up in punishments. There have been warnings/pity slaps towards cheating since the beginning of the game.

Part of my post in another discussion:

A 2* war in AW doesn't happen without collusion to maximize point gain (using LINE, etc). Two alliances colluding together to not use items/boosts for one to score more points in exchange for money, and so cheaters can maintain master awards, even top 3 awards, denying non colluders a chance at higher tier awards.

Basically, this "smart" collusion is, using bribe money to act as cheat code to giving one alliance to a cheating war boost that guarantees a max point victory, while giving some members in another alliance an opportunity to make some money, while also not boosting/healing.

Up to Kabam to bring down the hammer.
    Hit cheaters where it hurts.

Give cheaters a cheating tag so they can't alliance hop to cheat elsewhere.
    Or just ban them from alliance war/arena.

Kabam, plenty of people think you should enforce much harsher punishments. It'll deter cheating and save your staff time/effort in giving punishments , since there will no longer be a slow reactionary policy of small warnings/gentle slaps of punishment.

The clearly repeat cheaters/initiators of cheating should be banned permanently, or carry a cheater tag and have their top 10 champs deleted.

Many upper tier alliances are competitive. Cheaters should have no place there.

And I disagree. You're broadly labeling the whales/players who post FGMC openings on YouTube as cheaters, which is without proof.

Colluding is not smart, or thinking outside the box, or strategic. It's literally throwing all other alliances under the bus.

I think Kabam should step it up in punishments. There have been warnings/pity slaps towards cheating since the beginning of the game.

Part of my post in another discussion:

A 2* war in AW doesn't happen without collusion to maximize point gain (using LINE, etc). Two alliances colluding together to not use items/boosts for one to score more points in exchange for money, and so cheaters can maintain master awards, even top 3 awards, denying non colluders a chance at higher tier awards.

Basically, this "smart" collusion is, using bribe money to act as cheat code to giving one alliance to a cheating war boost that guarantees a max point victory, while giving some members in another alliance an opportunity to make some money, while also not boosting/healing.

Up to Kabam to bring down the hammer.
    Hit cheaters where it hurts.

Give cheaters a cheating tag so they can't alliance hop to cheat elsewhere.
    Or just ban them from alliance war/arena.

Kabam, plenty of people think you should enforce much harsher punishments. It'll deter cheating and save your staff time/effort in giving punishments , since there will no longer be a slow reactionary policy of small warnings/gentle slaps of punishment.

The clearly repeat cheaters/initiators of cheating should be banned permanently, or carry a cheater tag and have their top 10 champs deleted.

Love ur idea of a cheating tag.....

Give the player a 7 day ban....
    Give the alliance a war rating drop...
    Give the alliance a 6 war ban..... (only counting season wars thats is 2 weeks worth of war season wars and would carry over to the next season)
    And give each player “Cheat” tag for 1 year.
    This tag to be displayed around profile pic just as a legend tag would be....
  • 0chris9999999990chris999999999 Posts: 137
    You are correct I am unaware.

I’m curious, what would you do if you found out your alliance officers/leader was in such a chat that was organising matchmaking around other top alliances so they can avoid fighting them?

Would you go with it, leave, kick up a fuss?

Also, what do you think about it? Does it need to be punished, or is it a fine tactic?

I’m curious, not calling you out on anything. Just wondering about your opinion.

Honestly, I believe the matchmaking room is only there because of a MCOC design flaw, and I have said on many occasion I would like it fixed by removing the information teams need to find out who they are facing.

If I found out my alliance was using this chat to organize anything I would be upset. i would bring up my concerns with them. Our leader is a very cool headed guy. As I have said previously I do not believe we are using this chat to organize anything because we have faced these top teams more times than any of us would have wanted to lol. We faced them though, and we all used 30% champ, 25% health and 20% attack boosts, and we won or lost giving it our best.

On the question of what needs punished I believe that everything that can be punished needs punished. For something to be punishable though in my mind there has to be an in-game action happen that shouldn't have. ie: 2* war, no defenders, etc.

Dude, you are a hypocrite. Let someone else make the points you are trying to make because you have no credibility. Now folks are questioning your cred because you were not forthcoming. It’s derailing the topic
    edited June 2018
    You are correct I am unaware.

I’m curious, what would you do if you found out your alliance officers/leader was in such a chat that was organising matchmaking around other top alliances so they can avoid fighting them?

Would you go with it, leave, kick up a fuss?

Also, what do you think about it? Does it need to be punished, or is it a fine tactic?

I’m curious, not calling you out on anything. Just wondering about your opinion.

Honestly, I believe the matchmaking room is only there because of a MCOC design flaw, and I have said on many occasion I would like it fixed by removing the information teams need to find out who they are facing.

If I found out my alliance was using this chat to organize anything I would be upset. i would bring up my concerns with them. Our leader is a very cool headed guy. As I have said previously I do not believe we are using this chat to organize anything because we have faced these top teams more times than any of us would have wanted to lol. We faced them though, and we all used 30% champ, 25% health and 20% attack boosts, and we won or lost giving it our best.

On the question of what needs punished I believe that everything that can be punished needs punished. For something to be punishable though in my mind there has to be an in-game action happen that shouldn't have. ie: 2* war, no defenders, etc.

Dude, you are a hypocrite. Let someone else make the points you are trying to make because you have no credibility. Now folks are questioning your cred because you were not forthcoming. It’s derailing the topic

Lol you don't know what you are talking about. If you want to know about my cred go look at all my posts. If you want to know about my cred go look at the high tier recruiting chats. They will all say I post stuff on cheating all day.

Your comment is the only thing derailing the thread. :lol:

If you want to see my comment on it please read ahead of time http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/442178#Comment_442178

Alliance War/Alliance War Seasons: Corrupt because of piloting and colluding (2* Wars, Shell Alliance Matchmaking, Intentionally leaving defenders up, etc.)

Alliance Quest: Corrupt because many alliances pilot Map 6

Arena: Corrupt because of Arena Mercenaries and Bots/Scripts

Legends Titles: Corrupt because of Legends Run Mercenaries

Sucks that claims to the best at anything in MCOC mean so little because of how rampant cheating is

Dead on
  • Ground_Round1Ground_Round1 Posts: 1,012
    I really don't like the idea of a uniformity applied "cheat tag" to all alliance members. Some guys are just along for the ride and are probably oblivious to the wrong doing...not really fair to include all members.

Also, this is not Kabam's style. I am sure it would not fly.
    edited June 2018
    I really don't like the idea of a uniformity applied "cheat tag" to all alliance members. Some guys are just along for the ride and are probably oblivious to the wrong doing...not really fair to include all members.

Also, this is not Kabam's style. I am sure it would not fly.

I still think Kabam should start banning people. Temp bans are fine, but Kabam will also have to remove and banned player from their current alliance. It's the only way for a leader to know who to replace without violating anyones "privacy."
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 996 ★★★

I still think Kabam should start banning people. Temp bans are fine, but Kabam will also have to remove and banned player from their current alliance. It's the only way for a leader to know who to replace without violating anyones "privacy."

They could add this to their ToS, something like "player misconduct can result in ban and removal from alliance".
  • BarogsBarogs Posts: 59
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Raganator wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Another interesting question is what the in-season penalties actually mean. Suppose you're in Platinum 2, and you think you can make it to Master 3 by cheating. But if you are caught the penalty will drop you into Gold 1. Is the difference in rewards from Master 3 to Platinum 2 high enough that it is worth the risk of costing you the difference between Platinum 2 and Gold 1? I don't know. Maybe.

I think we are seeing the return of piloting towards the end of the season. Probably not as much in Masters, but in the lower tiers, the risk of getting caught won't drop alliances more than one level, so the risk may be worth the reward of not getting caught.

That's an interesting point. The current way Kabam applies penalties has the implied intent of having a lasting effect since dropping in rating takes a while to "repair" with wars. But the penalty can't really last longer than the end of the season, because after that the effect of the penalty drops dramatically once season rewards go out. You have the entire off season to repair your rating if you cheat in the final couple of wars, so for the purposes of seasonal rewards the penalty can't hurt you for more wars than are remaining.

I've repeatedly stated that multiplier penalties are far better than war rating penalties, because they directly hurt the ability for the cheating alliance to earn points while not altering the composition of wars. Another potential benefit of a multiplier penalty is that you can make the penalty remain in effect for a certain number of in-season wars. So if you are hit with a six war penalty near the end of the season, the penalty would last for the final few wars of the season and then continue at the start of the next season, so the alliance would have to serve out the entire penalty. That would make the penalty at least somewhat more effective even at the end of the season.

It is kind of like suspensions in organized sports. Usually suspensions are for games, not days: you can't usually serve out a suspension during the off season. But war rating penalties are kind of like suspensions an alliance can simply work off during the off season between AW seasons.

I actually really like this idea. Penalizing the multiplier for a set amount of time would be so damaging and could ruin your entire season in 4 wars. Great idea I hope Kabam is reading this
  • BarogsBarogs Posts: 59
    Maybe Kabam is planning on dropping the hammer when matchmaking goes down today and maintenance. We saw a lot of point reductions last maintenance on a tuesday night, I'll bet it's gonna happen again with 3 wars left lol. I can only hope though
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    ApexRV wrote: »
    Thats not cheating actually. Cheating involves a use of 3rd party software. Its same as when people stopped placing defenders and they were winning wars. It took Kabam over 2 months to fix that

You have to have a different mindset on the matter. Wars before season were just extra content while now they are necessary for progression. Before you d five up few shards while now you re up to fight for your own account and ally “level up”.

While empty maps wherw an exploit for kabam s mistake, they didnt regard nor involve contacts and agreements with the opponents. Same can be said for off season wars lost on purpose to balance down war rating and not risking of having it too high since season start - which would make matchmaking endless and might cost a war out of the 3 weekly ones. There too you decide to give up shards and minor rewards OUT and AWAY from the competitive aspect of war (season).

In this case, we are in the middle of said competitive content and two allies talked out of the controlled enviroinment to collude and agree on a deal profitting both sides which penalized all other allies playing fairly.

The point of view should be wider. If i agree on a 2* war i wont have to use up my invuln boosts, my power ones, and all those kind. Meaning that in the next 1,2,3 wars i will have the advantage of being fully boosted while my opponents might have used most of boosts in their last war. While masters usually are stacked, this situation has to be seen as a whole no matter in which braxket it could replicate.

Thus 2* wars are not only cheating the war system, they are penalizing fair playing alliances from a season point standpoint AND indirectly penalizing fair playing allies from a boost/resource saving point of view.

Brazil and russia can talk and settle for a certain score without a third party in the middle in world cup, but they d still be banned and ounished if they were caught with proof at hand.
    ApexRV wrote: »
    Thats not cheating actually. Cheating involves a use of 3rd party software. Its same as when people stopped placing defenders and they were winning wars. It took Kabam over 2 months to fix that

Any alliance that gains an unfair advantage over another alliance by colluding to either not place defenders or place 2* defenders is most definitely cheating.
  • Vegeta9000Vegeta9000 Posts: 204 ★★
    A lot of big spenders are already quitting, and selling their accounts (but thats another topic entirely) if they ban some more of their big spenders permanently that are running theze 2* wars or other exploitations, the game wont be around too much longer. Its simply bad business to get rid of the small % of players that are throwing money at them. I think they should get punished, but i doubt they will, emphatically at least. Big players are bored of the constant loop, and big steps backwards with new champs unbalancing the game, the constant grind, returns of bugs that have only recently been fixed etc. Any time anyone brings it up the post is deleted and the user is infracted, myself included here most likely.

So to summarise, punishment should be severe, but it wont be, because they cant afford to off the spenders that havent already quit. They wont get any new bug spenders since wealthy players that have just begun the game are buying end game accounts rather than spending on resources to progress.
    Vegeta9000 wrote: »
    A lot of big spenders are already quitting, and selling their accounts (but thats another topic entirely) if they ban some more of their big spenders permanently that are running theze 2* wars or other exploitations, the game wont be around too much longer. Its simply bad business to get rid of the small % of players that are throwing money at them. I think they should get punished, but i doubt they will, emphatically at least. Big players are bored of the constant loop, and big steps backwards with new champs unbalancing the game, the constant grind, returns of bugs that have only recently been fixed etc. Any time anyone brings it up the post is deleted and the user is infracted, myself included here most likely.

So to summarise, punishment should be severe, but it wont be, because they cant afford to off the spenders that havent already quit. They wont get any new bug spenders since wealthy players that have just begun the game are buying end game accounts rather than spending on resources to progress.

I'm sure they will do the math, but there is no choice that wont affect their bottom line.

We who play fair and buy boosts and buy potions will have no reason to buy these deals anymore if this collusion goes unpunished.

We who play fair wont have any reason to struggle through the arena to get a new defender or buy FGMC to beef up our defense if people can just do 2* wars and receive no punishment.
  • Vegeta9000Vegeta9000 Posts: 204 ★★
    edited June 2018
    I get what your saying, but its the occasional buyers and small spenders compared to the people who have dropped beyond 50k into the game.
  • RULKRULK Posts: 11
    An alliance is punished immediately..

Why is there nothing in this case?

Why don’t they say anything this time? Lmao
This discussion has been closed.