**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Where to use resources?

I feel like I should be focussing exclusively on 5* champs now, but my 5* roster is still pretty lame and I have a tonne of 4* champs I think could be quite useful. Are 4* champs just wasted resources now or is there life in the old dogs yet? Are there any 4* champs you can see below you think would be worth ranking? Any thoughts on my 5* champs? I've only taken Doc Voodoo beyond rank 2 so far...

hynybd8jlvuq.png
6st48skfqg9o.png
i6j9c94atnss.png
xj3oym0ln6ph.png
vb935qyk3pir.png
7it0vq8t02cx.png
bqh2n9gioj7z.png
ie556pjlwfvp.png
f52xs5m36m09.png
n96w5w2zv8u6.png
4oi5yaqccyaj.png

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    GR, Bishop and Punisher 2099 are all worth ranking.
  • TROUBL3DTROUBL3D Posts: 161
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    GR, Bishop and Punisher 2099 are all worth ranking.

So you wouldn’t rank any 4* champs?

5* GR I will definitely rank at some point, but haven’t yet because I have him 4* awakened at 5/50. What’s your thinking behind Punisher 2099 and Bishop? Just AW defence or offensive too?
    Anyone else got any thoughts on this?
  • 85_widereciever85_widereciever Posts: 85
    I’d rank the 5* dorm a bit, the 4* hype for sure and maybe the quake
  • GriffoplayGriffoplay Posts: 265
    4* that can be usefull are:
    - Iron Man IW if you can dupe him, he is a valid defender. And It will be valid for a long time;
    - Scarlet if you can dupe and put a lot of stones on her, she is still a nice add to your roster.
    - Quake, even unduped, and Vision if duped can both add nice utility in your roster.
    - Hyperion if you need a Cosmic or Thor couse it can't be found as 5* star.
    If you need something on defence Yondu, green goblin and electro.

5*:
    - Voodoo is really a nice 5* and you can eank him as hight as you want couse he is really solid;
    - Ghost rider is an all around champs but single you have to take him to r4 to be better then the 4* douped you already have. I still prefer a 4* hight sig. r5 over a single r3.

I presume that now on you can gain 5* shards more frequently and so I think I will waith for a nice 5* and if you are forced to spend resources I will r2 some 5* just for arena porpouse.
  • SMiller80SMiller80 Posts: 230 ★★
    It's difficult to answer this question without knowing where you are in the game. How is your story quest going? If you haven't finished Act 4, for instance, ranking some 4*s will be helpful for that. If you have, and you're working on Act 5, I think focusing on 5*s with a few exceptions is probably wiser.

5*s
    Ghost Rider is amazing. He's worth r4 unduped.

Bishop is also really good. High damage plus regen, and that's unduped.

I can't speak for Punisher 2099 myself, but I know the guys who use him well really like him. Hood, Gambit and Dorm also worth some consideration.

4*s
    There's a lot to consider, so I'm going to assume you have some questing to do in Act 4. To do all of that content, you will need immunities, regen (very long paths in Act 4) and some ways to control fights. For that reason, I would rank up the following.

Ultron (double immunity, regen)
    Wolverine (damage, regen)
    Morningstar (Damage, immunity)
    Hyperion (damage, immunity)
    Thor (damage)
    Green Goblin (damage)
    Vision (power control, double immunity)
    Quake (fight control)
    Mordo (damage, regen)
    Guilly (regen, damage)

That's a lot to work with. Any questions about specific champs, or ones I didn't mention, feel free to ask.
    SMiller80 wrote: »
    It's difficult to answer this question without knowing where you are in the game. How is your story quest going? If you haven't finished Act 4, for instance, ranking some 4*s will be helpful for that. If you have, and you're working on Act 5, I think focusing on 5*s with a few exceptions is probably wiser.

5*s
    Ghost Rider is amazing. He's worth r4 unduped.

Bishop is also really good. High damage plus regen, and that's unduped.

I can't speak for Punisher 2099 myself, but I know the guys who use him well really like him. Hood, Gambit and Dorm also worth some consideration.

4*s
    There's a lot to consider, so I'm going to assume you have some questing to do in Act 4. To do all of that content, you will need immunities, regen (very long paths in Act 4) and some ways to control fights. For that reason, I would rank up the following.

Ultron (double immunity, regen)
    Wolverine (damage, regen)
    Morningstar (Damage, immunity)
    Hyperion (damage, immunity)
    Thor (damage)
    Green Goblin (damage)
    Vision (power control, double immunity)
    Quake (fight control)
    Mordo (damage, regen)
    Guilly (regen, damage)

That's a lot to work with. Any questions about specific champs, or ones I didn't mention, feel free to ask.

Hey there, thanks for the thorough response. Regarding where I am in the game; Act 4 is 100%, Act 5 is complete with Chapter 1 at 100% and the rest just a single pass. ROL and RTTL are 100%, LOL I haven't even attempted. Does that change your suggestions on the 4* champs at all?
  • SMiller80SMiller80 Posts: 230 ★★

Hey there, thanks for the thorough response. Regarding where I am in the game; Act 4 is 100%, Act 5 is complete with Chapter 1 at 100% and the rest just a single pass. ROL and RTTL are 100%, LOL I haven't even attempted. Does that change your suggestions on the 4* champs at all?
    [/quote]

If you are on Act 5, it's hard to rank 4*s at all, because the block damage is so high. I might recommend those who have regen, especially Ultron and Wolverine. Wolverine not being available as a 5* might push him a bit, but Ultron is solid.

With that in mind, I would focus more on those 5*s.