**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

2* wars effecting the highest levels of AW.

Comments

• RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    I don't think its necessarily "occasional buyers and small spenders compared to the people who have dropped beyond 50k into the game."

My alliance is rank 3 have never done a 2* war, and have spent way more than the occasional buyer, but we would fall into that category of why should we spend if this goes unpunished. There is no reason for us to try to improve our roster or buy boosts and potions if we can just do 2* wars.

At some point the cheaters are going to have to own the fact they have cheated. They have taken advantage of every other alliance in the game, and in doing so diminished the value and efforts of everyone competing against them. At some point they have to own it on their own and decide if they want to play a game where cheating is punished, or just leave.

I can guarantee you a slap on the wrist will be the wrong answer. A top alliance punished last week for collusion will probably be the most upset of all, and they spend as well.

I know Kabam is a company, and they wont ban these players, but I do think they will use precedent they set last week and punish collusion every time it happens.
  • Ground_Round1Ground_Round1 Posts: 1,012
    people have spent $50k on this game...wow, what a waste! That is 2 nice cars in the driveway. That is about 1/4th to 1/2 of a decent house, depending on where you are. Spending real $ on digital media never really makes sense to me. Guh!
    people have spent $50k on this game...wow, what a waste! That is 2 nice cars in the driveway. That is about 1/4th to 1/2 of a decent house, depending on where you are. Spending real $ on digital media never really makes sense to me. Guh!

Some have a lot more "disposable income" so they probably already have the house and the car and the sig 200 5* domino :lol:
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Vegeta9000 wrote: »
    A lot of big spenders are already quitting, and selling their accounts (but thats another topic entirely) if they ban some more of their big spenders permanently that are running theze 2* wars or other exploitations, the game wont be around too much longer. Its simply bad business to get rid of the small % of players that are throwing money at them. I think they should get punished, but i doubt they will, emphatically at least. Big players are bored of the constant loop, and big steps backwards with new champs unbalancing the game, the constant grind, returns of bugs that have only recently been fixed etc. Any time anyone brings it up the post is deleted and the user is infracted, myself included here most likely.

So to summarise, punishment should be severe, but it wont be, because they cant afford to off the spenders that havent already quit. They wont get any new bug spenders since wealthy players that have just begun the game are buying end game accounts rather than spending on resources to progress.

We'll never know what's the biggest source of this game's income, so let's not speculate.

Cheaters need to be punished and that's that.
  • Still no word on what was decided?
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Loto @Kabam Vydious
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,504 ★★★★★
    Still no word on what was decided?
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Loto @Kabam Vydious

They won't post their actions here anyways. Don't hold your breath.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★

Off topic but where the hell do you live that a u can get 2 nice cars for $100k or half of a house???? Where i live $50k is A decent car (certainly not even one amazing car) and nowhwere even near 1/10th of cost an average house???

So not only is $50k what somepeople earn in a week compared to what you may earn in a day it also holds a totally different value.
    I mean people go out and spend $200 in one night on booze.... why not spend that on a ge?? Same result.... a bit of fun... atleast you can remember the fun the game gave you...
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Biggest takeaways from AW Season 2:

1) Cheating has consequences
    2) Cheating but not getting caught is worth the risk
    3) Cheating and getting caught is worth the risk because you can change alliances with 5+ wars remaining
    Maat1985 wrote: »

Off topic but where the hell do you live that a u can get 2 nice cars for $100k or half of a house???? Where i live $50k is A decent car (certainly not even one amazing car) and nowhwere even near 1/10th of cost an average house???

So not only is $50k what somepeople earn in a week compared to what you may earn in a day it also holds a totally different value.
    I mean people go out and spend $200 in one night on booze.... why not spend that on a ge?? Same result.... a bit of fun... atleast you can remember the fun the game gave you...

On the other hand some make less than $50k a year. Yes, though very off topic.
    Biggest takeaways from AW Season 2:

2) Cheating but not getting caught is worth the risk
    3) Cheating and getting caught is worth the risk because you can change alliances with 5+ wars remaining

Should be:

2) Cheating but not getting caught isn't' worth the risk
    3) Cheating and getting caught isn't worth the risk because you will get a one week temp ban, or your alliance will be locked from leaving/recruiting for the duration of the season.
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 651 ★★★

Quite a few places, actually. But you have to sacrifice proximity to a major city.
    djr17 wrote: »

Quite a few places, actually. But you have to sacrifice proximity to a major city.

Different country i dare say..... also doesnt explain the car situation.... but anyway.... not the topic for this convo...
    Back on topic.... i really dont understand why it is being argued if this is cheating???
    It is the wrong thing... it is not right....
    Sleeping with your wifes sister is cheating....
    Just cus it is not against a law doesnt change the fact it is cheating.
    And he deserved punishment would be your wife leaving you.

This is clearly cheating by going against the spirit of fair competition and using underhanded tactics to gain and advantage over and disadvantage others.
    Its plain clear and simple cheating.

The only discussion here should really be “What should be done about it??”
    Back on topic.... i really dont understand why it is being argued if this is cheating???

This is clearly cheating by going against the spirit of fair competition and using underhanded tactics to gain and advantage over and disadvantage others.

Lol it is most definitely cheating. The alliance doing the 2* wars knows it is cheating, and I have SS's of them saying even they believe it is cheating.
    Riegel wrote: »

Lol it is most definitely cheating. The alliance doing the 2* wars knows it is cheating, and I have SS's of them saying even they believe it is cheating.

Lol.... so they know its cheating.... and they still do it... amd expect to get away with it....
    I wonder wat they will say once kabam decide how to approach this??? Will be quite funny to see their reaction
  • Kabam might not comment what they are doing about it but they should comment on the OP matter. What do they think abort 2* wars.
  • AvicariAvicari Posts: 25
    Still no action or comment from Kabam on this, quite disappointed. Season is soon ending and seems like cheating is back on the rise after quieting down when alliances were docked at the beginning of the system. Kabam needs to send a message that this type of behavior is not acceptable and should be punished, otherwise we should all be engaging in two star wars and I won’t buy anymore Deadpool packages for the boosts.
  • UppercutUppercut Posts: 158
    Did we hear back yet? Everyone is watching the World Cup now, Kabam as well lol

Hopefully it will be taken care of today, also need to figure out how to detect this next time, we were lucky someone posted screenshots
  • nopenope Posts: 134
    All wars aren't done yet. Hoping when it's officially down time, things get handled properly. It'd be absolutely ridiculous for this to be swept under a rug.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    A lot of big spenders are already quitting, and selling their accounts (but thats another topic entirely) if they ban some more of their big spenders permanently that are running theze 2* wars or other exploitations, the game wont be around too much longer.

In every game I've played, someone attempts to make this argument. In every game I've played, I've said I'm willing to take that risk. In every game I've played, mass bans for cheating or exploits have never, ever, ever caused the game to lose enough income to seriously hurt them.

Every MMO mass bans for cheating or exploits. None of them come to regret that decision. The long term benefits of eliminating cheaters always outweighs any small short term loss. I see no reason to believe this game is any different.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    ApexRV wrote: »
    Thats not cheating actually. Cheating involves a use of 3rd party software. Its same as when people stopped placing defenders and they were winning wars. It took Kabam over 2 months to fix that

Any alliance that gains an unfair advantage over another alliance by colluding to either not place defenders or place 2* defenders is most definitely cheating.

To be honest, it doesn't really matter if we call it cheating or not. Collusion to subvert the integrity of a competition is always seen as just as bad as competitive cheating, and the penalties are usually either the same or even worse.

We don't punish "cheating" because there is a specific need to punish cheating. We punish cheating because it damages the integrity of a competition. That's why there's no punishment for hacking a single player game. No one cares if you do that, because it is your own game in your own house. We punish cheating in alliance wars because we have to punish all attempts to subvert the fairness of the competition.
    Well thats the thing not every cheater quits for good either.....
    A large amlunt of cheaters start a new account... (some to cheat again others to play legit)
    And alos banning cheaters helps retain alot of players who otherwise would have quit
  • VimesVonlipVimesVonlip Posts: 177 ★★
    Ban the alliances, ban the players and move up the alliances that don't cheat. Get it done kabam!
  • For_SpetzFor_Spetz Posts: 51
    RULK wrote: »
    An alliance is punished immediately..

Why is there nothing in this case?

Why don’t they say anything this time? Lmao

Moderators hinted that this issue will be disscused and most likely if they do anything it will be after maintenance.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    remove cheaters from master allainces leaderbaords.....cause my allaince is trying to make masters!
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Should be:

2) Cheating but not getting caught isn't' worth the risk
    3) Cheating and getting caught isn't worth the risk because you will get a one week temp ban, or your alliance will be locked from leaving/recruiting for the duration of the season.

You're right. Will be phenomenal if this happens, till then cheaters are winning MCOC in AW, Legends Runs, Arena, and AQ.
    For_Spetz wrote: »
    Moderators hinted that this issue will be disscused and most likely if they do anything it will be after maintenance.

Yes please
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    A lot of big spenders are already quitting, and selling their accounts (but thats another topic entirely) if they ban some more of their big spenders permanently that are running theze 2* wars or other exploitations, the game wont be around too much longer. Its simply bad business to get rid of the small % of players that are throwing money at them. I think they should get punished, but i doubt they will, emphatically at least. Big players are bored of the constant loop, and big steps backwards with new champs unbalancing the game, the constant grind, returns of bugs that have only recently been fixed etc. Any time anyone brings it up the post is deleted and the user is infracted, myself included here most likely.

So to summarise, punishment should be severe, but it wont be, because they cant afford to off the spenders that havent already quit. They wont get any new bug spenders since wealthy players that have just begun the game are buying end game accounts rather than spending on resources to progress.

That's naive to the point of dumbness. Sorry. First of all, there is no direct correlation between spenders and cheaters. Cheaters are cheaters, be them free to play or not. Going by your post, you should punish all cheaters who don't spend but leave the spenders free to cheat cause they spend money. Which makes absolutely no sense.

How about to fight boredom cheaters learn how to play well without cheating? I bet the game is super boring when somoene else you sent an ipad to logs you and play in your stead. Maybe if they actually had to work for what they earn they'd find more satisfaction and enjoyment playing.
  • FMD_m4mFMD_m4m Posts: 1
    Really hoping for an official response at the least. This is a serious issue that many summoners from the community would like addressed.

I am also one of the silent few who are effected from this point manipulation. Plat 1 struggling into Master but have to deal with these exploiters.
    FMD_m4m wrote: »
    Really hoping for an official response at the least. This is a serious issue that many summoners from the community would like addressed.

I am also one of the silent few who are effected from this point manipulation. Plat 1 struggling into Master but have to deal with these exploiters.

Is your name a coincidence?
This discussion has been closed.