**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Trying for Uncollected; who to level up?

Crazy_JamieCrazy_Jamie Posts: 345 ★★
Apologies for the slightly sweeping nature of this question, but I've just started Act 5 and am going to try to become Uncollected before AW Season 3. These four are generally always in my team:

Ghost Rider 5* Rank 3
Medusa (duped) 5/50
Rogue (duped) 5/50
Blade 5/50

Then these are mixed in depending on need:

Star Lord (duped) 4/40
Hulk 4/40
Vision (AoU) 4/40
Yellowjacket (duped) 4/40
Drax 5* Rank 3

I have a host of other champs below that might be of some use, including a Kingpin 5* Rank 3, and then 3/30s including Quake, Morningstar, Killmonger, and Wolverine.

Question is, who should I prioritise ranking up for the next two weeks? My reading has suggested that brute force is a fair way to go with this, so am looking at Hulk and Star Lord, but wonder if getting Vision to 5/50 would have its uses. I either have or nearly have the T4CC to rank up just about any class (and need one more tech for six), and am wondering who everyone would rank up. And if not anyone on my second list, what other champ or type of champ would be recommended?

All input gratefully received.

Comments

• Crazy_JamieCrazy_Jamie Posts: 345 ★★
    There's the team that gets you to 5.2.6, and the team you take into 5.2.6.

5.2.6 - the blade trinity is useful to get you to collector but not good (other than sparky) for the collector. Power gain champs with high damage sp1 and 2s are key for that fight, also champs with autoblock, so def. Medusa. Quake and Morningstar are more useful than SL since you're not getting your combo very high before collector kills you. Honestly just practice and master intercept, it's how you'll get by most of act 5 and the only way to beat collector. PARRY = DEATH
    Thanks for that. I forced myself to get better at intercepting for Thanos last month, so hopefully will be able to get good enough at that as I go along if I'm not already.

• DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    You'll never regret taking SL to 5/50
  • TranminhbaoTranminhbao Posts: 127
    edited June 2018
    I finish act 5 chapter 1 with 5 4star rank4. Why do you start act 5 so late. I can't rank 5 any 4* yet, but I'm coming to the Collector, using arena units.
    You can go for the Collector straight away.
  • DizzyDizzy Posts: 236 ★★
    Is Hulk duped? If so, he'll be great for the Collector if you keep using 20% revives. Vision is also great, but again, only if duped. That said, if you don't want to waste cats on them you can just boost them up before the Collector fight and use a couple extra revives. ~15-20ish tries at the Collector should be enough, and you can decide whether you want to do that through single or team revives.

Also - I disagree with the notion that parry = death. I was a pretty abysmal intercepter but made it to Uncollected with all 4/40s and a heavy reliance on parrying and baiting specials. I didn't even have a great Collector roster but just chipped away 5-10% health at a time with Hawkeye, Star-Lord, and Gwenpool. Even when I went back to 100% 5.2 with 5/50s, I rarely intercepted if at all and did it with minimal trouble (~500 units for the entire exploration).

I personally found Quake to be meh for the Collector - you'll have to block a lot more than with other champs, your AA goes down over time I think (so your evade becomes less reliable), and Bane will eventually get to you, especially if you land a hit to get out of the corner.
    Dizzy wrote: »
    Is Hulk duped? If so, he'll be great for the Collector if you keep using 20% revives. Vision is also great, but again, only if duped. That said, if you don't want to waste cats on them you can just boost them up before the Collector fight and use a couple extra revives. ~15-20ish tries at the Collector should be enough, and you can decide whether you want to do that through single or team revives.

Also - I disagree with the notion that parry = death. I was a pretty abysmal intercepter but made it to Uncollected with all 4/40s and a heavy reliance on parrying and baiting specials. I didn't even have a great Collector roster but just chipped away 5-10% health at a time with Hawkeye, Star-Lord, and Gwenpool. Even when I went back to 100% 5.2 with 5/50s, I rarely intercepted if at all and did it with minimal trouble (~500 units for the entire exploration).

I personally found Quake to be meh for the Collector - you'll have to block a lot more than with other champs, your AA goes down over time I think (so your evade becomes less reliable), and Bane will eventually get to you, especially if you land a hit to get out of the corner.
    This is all helpful, thanks. Hulk isn't duped, and neither is Vision, but I have a pretty deep inventory of boosts and other things in reserve (such as arena credits for more units) and figured that even if my skills let me down (they haven't so far, but I appreciate I'll hit the wall eventually) I can just chip away at him as you say.
  • I'm going to advise against Vision, even with the double immune, because he hits so softly. OG DD duped is often overlooked when fighting Collector, because at least one of his specials can't touch DD unless he's stunned. I know you didn't mention him, thought I'd offer that for when you go 100% down the road. Quake Fu could be a nice addition, as it doesn't give Collector power while damaging him, but she's not on your list either....Hard to argue against SL, since you already have a bleed and poison immune on the roster. He's not great Collector fodder, but that list suggests ranking him first.
  • DizzyDizzy Posts: 236 ★★
    Dizzy wrote: »

This is all helpful, thanks. Hulk isn't duped, and neither is Vision, but I have a pretty deep inventory of boosts and other things in reserve (such as arena credits for more units) and figured that even if my skills let me down (they haven't so far, but I appreciate I'll hit the wall eventually) I can just chip away at him as you say.

Trust me - it won't be your skills that let you down... it'll be RNG and Kabam, once you get to the Collector ;)
  • MikeyBoi69MikeyBoi69 Posts: 139
    Id say go SL. My 4* is still a key part of my team and im busy with 5.3 and 5.4 exploration
  • zackb213zackb213 Posts: 84
    I used duped rogue 4/40, duped GP 5/50, max sig OG DD 5/50, duped AA 5/50 and max sig SW 5/50 and after I used all my team revives I used SW to do most of my damage and she was my savior fighting the collector
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Actually if you have points in the parry and stupefy masteries I believe that's the most effective way to fight the collector. Between intercepting, parry him and immediately dash back. If he doesn't shrug it off you'll have time to get back in there and launch your combo. Out of your list I think Hulk is your best option for the collector.
  • Ja1970Ja1970 Posts: 114
    Classic DD sig 99 Vision AoU, both great against collector
    Some really useful information here guys. Since posting I'm through to 5.2.3 without any difficulties, and will start 5.2.3 later. Supposedly it does get trickier from here, but I'll see how I go. Thanks for your input, everyone.
  • AjisdopeAjisdope Posts: 933 ★★★
    Some really useful information here guys. Since posting I'm through to 5.2.3 without any difficulties, and will start 5.2.3 later. Supposedly it does get trickier from here, but I'll see how I go. Thanks for your input, everyone.

Thats where I'm at. Have not ventured in as I am trying to find out some more info beforehand.
    Happy to report that I became Uncollected yesterday. Didn't actually get to upgrade my team beyond the first post because, in all honesty, I didn't find this nearly as difficult as I thought I would. The Collector in particular went down with only three or four team revives. I had hoarded crystals before this, but didn't need to open a single one in the entire run through 5.1 and 5.2. My team that beat the Collector was Ghost Rider, Medusa, Rogue and Vision. I swapped Star Lord out for Vision because I figured I wouldn't last long enough to build SL's damage, whilst Vision could potentially hit his SP1 and buy some more time with the Collector, and I think that was the right decision in the end.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I obviously didn't get to use the level up advice, but there were some other good tips, and it's nice in any event to have an active community willing to lend a hand.
    Ajisdope wrote: »

Thats where I'm at. Have not ventured in as I am trying to find out some more info beforehand.

There is no doubt that Buffet/Masochism and the two Bane levels are the most difficult of the two chapters. The most important thing for me was just to have a think about Buffet and Masochism before you play them. Think about the champions you're using, their abilities, and how you can play around the Buffet and Masochism restrictions. You can also feel free to use champions that will trigger those nodes, but can power through anyway. Duped Medusa, for example, will trigger Buffet repeatedly to begin with because of her fury, and even more if you're parrying, but I found that she was powerful enough to just power through because she causes so much damage.

Bane is just a matter of timing. You will make mistakes. You will die. And there are some defenders who are a pain to fight with Bane because it's difficult to hit them after their SPs. But again if you play it smart and pay attention you can make steady progress. On more than one occasion I would stop a combo early so I could quickly parry and then go for another combo that would still be hitting when Bane expired. Paying attention to the Bane debuff and when it is expiring is the key.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Hulk duped? 20% revives and a few potions. Gonna cost units but a month farming items and arenas will get you a path or 2

Personally to start Godslayer and Plauged Transistor are the 2 paths you should scout for the additional champs but Power Control and huge damage all around is a generalized best play. Personably though if you had Luke Cage I would recommend him. Take the punch, ignore the bane and swap it back before it tics you out. Did that to a classic Spider-Man last war and chain stunned him to death with lucky Sp1
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    I think you should take Star Lord for path clearing and then swap out Rogue for Hulk for the Collector himself.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,147 ★★★
    I finally became uncollected last week and the rewards have been amazing so far