**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How Were You Cheated Exactly?

I keep hearing people say that they were cheated during AW but how is it even possible to cheat? I thought we all go through the same process of placing attackers and defenders???

Comments

• VictarysVictarys Posts: 3
    shchong2 wrote: »
    cheating? what? kabam designed the game in a way cheating is impossible

that's what i thought too but there are many comments out there complaining of cheating in Season 2
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    There are smarter people than us out there, and smart people can find a way to cheat anything.
  • CyberAttackCyberAttack Posts: 8
    Kabam why have you accused us of cheating in AW with piloting, you have penalized us twice and have not proven your case. We do not need to cheat we are awesome, unless having more than 2 accounts is cheating then you owe us
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    Victarys wrote: »
    I keep hearing people say that they were cheated during AW but how is it even possible to cheat? I thought we all go through the same process of placing attackers and defenders???

Lol you have a lot to learn then if you're being serious, because kabam has weak protection against hacks and because of that they get hacked all the time.

People hack to beat rol, lol, the challenges, wars, aq, the arena and more. I've caught many many many hackers in my time, my alliance has faced a few of them last season of war and we've seen some eneimes take zero damage with almost every node up kill our boss in the first season.

Also way before the seasons we used to have some in my alliance and we kicked them.

Some of he hacks in question turns off the defender ai and it's basically a punching bag, there's one that you take no damage from you opponent and many more.

There's also collusion, pilioting, account sharring, and all kinds of other underhanded tactics that can lead to rampant cheating in wars.

There's always ways around stuff, also there are many different chat apps where people can take pictures and post them to so it's very very easy to cheat in war and get cheated.

This is the toxic competitive environment we have to deal with now and it's just going to get worse.
  • XirYarXirYar Posts: 1
    Just logged in to discover we’ve had our AW rating adjusted now for the THIRD TIME.

First time - points deduction because “SOMEONE” in my alliance violated Terms of Service. Annoying, but fair enough, as an alliance we should’ve been more vigilant. But who is this “someone”? Kabam don’t tell us.

Second time - ok, well... we did our best to quarantine ourselves but now this infamous “SOMEONE” has done it again, we’ve been deducted again. Kabam again protects “SOMEONE’S” identity for reasons known only to Kabam. Maybe they just hate us? We begin to question if it’s even worth participating in AW, if Kabam can just take our points & deny us rewards we think we’ve earned fairly...

Third time - KABAMED! Kabam you need to change your policy NOW. If you’re going to punish 29 people for the acts of one you’re essentially a fascist dictatorship. Why not tell us exactly why? Or who? Or how to prevent this?

Obviously Support’s automated, template responses are SUPER-helpful.

The game is fun, Kabam is a ******* joke.
  • FlyingPigsFlyingPigs Posts: 28
    XirYar wrote: »
    Just logged in to discover we’ve had our AW rating adjusted now for the THIRD TIME.

First time - points deduction because “SOMEONE” in my alliance violated Terms of Service. Annoying, but fair enough, as an alliance we should’ve been more vigilant. But who is this “someone”? Kabam don’t tell us.

Second time - ok, well... we did our best to quarantine ourselves but now this infamous “SOMEONE” has done it again, we’ve been deducted again. Kabam again protects “SOMEONE’S” identity for reasons known only to Kabam. Maybe they just hate us? We begin to question if it’s even worth participating in AW, if Kabam can just take our points & deny us rewards we think we’ve earned fairly...

Third time - KABAMED! Kabam you need to change your policy NOW. If you’re going to punish 29 people for the acts of one you’re essentially a fascist dictatorship. Why not tell us exactly why? Or who? Or how to prevent this?

Obviously Support’s automated, template responses are SUPER-helpful.

The game is fun, Kabam is a ******* joke.

If you had your war rating deducted, the offender should have been banned (period varies). Just check the log in frequency and it should be easy to figure out who was the "SOMEONE".
  • DERPYREVENGERDERPYREVENGER Posts: 265

Lol you have a lot to learn then if you're being serious, because kabam has weak protection against hacks and because of that they get hacked all the time.

People hack to beat rol, lol, the challenges, wars, aq, the arena and more. I've caught many many many hackers in my time, my alliance has faced a few of them last season of war and we've seen some eneimes take zero damage with almost every node up kill our boss in the first season.

Also way before the seasons we used to have some in my alliance and we kicked them.

Some of he hacks in question turns off the defender ai and it's basically a punching bag, there's one that you take no damage from you opponent and many more.

There's also collusion, pilioting, account sharring, and all kinds of other underhanded tactics that can lead to rampant cheating in wars.

There's always ways around stuff, also there are many different chat apps where people can take pictures and post them to so it's very very easy to cheat in war and get cheated.

This is the toxic competitive environment we have to deal with now and it's just going to get worse.

Yeah, I remember one of my friend used the defender AI punching bag method where the defender just stands still and looks at you while you bash them. He said that he got through RoL with that hack and took no damage with a SL, and also said that he got uncollected, even though he hadn't even completed 5.1 before he got the hack
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Ventura wrote: »
    Drop some cash in the game. As seen recently, if you are a heavy spender, you can even get away with credit card fraud. :wink:

Oh the CxxE alliance who's members got banned for 10 days only, in which the alliance no longer exist (what's the reason???? I wasn't paying attention before?????), whereby ~10 of them are joining MMXabc? ....

I have absolutely NO IDEA what am I talking about? :p
  • I completely agree. Same thing has happened to our alliance. Each time I report it, they give me the same automated response that is BS and not helpful at all. We have no way of knowing who is violating the terms without kicking everyone from our team. This policy of them not telling me who is violating the terms is **** and making me so angry.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    that's what i thought too but there are so many comments out there complaining about cheating

It was a joke dude...
  • TX1600TX1600 Posts: 31
    My alliance lost 350 points at the start of season 2, when asked kabam they said because of all the cheating going on every alliance will have points deducted. Well why didn't the top 1000 alliance have any points deducted, I've got all the proof I need and kabam keeps saying that my evidence will not be accepted as it can be falsified, well what other way can I get evidence? There are programs out there that tell u if a screenshot has been faked or real. It just seems that kabam doesn't want to do anything about it.
    People are going out there and confessing that they've cheated, and back their confessions with heaps of evidence, but it's so easy for kabam to say they're liers because it's too much work and investigation and will stop their cash flow.
  • TX1600TX1600 Posts: 31
    edited June 2018
    I used to spend over $100 weekly on this game when it was fun, but now I'm going to apply skill only and not spend any cent or dime. All my money is being wasted because the cheaters get all the rewards, and those of us that work and pay don't. No more money for you kabam, You've lost yourself a customer