Crystals

KrisaleciKrisaleci Member Posts: 9
What is the point of the free champion crystals when all you get is a 1 or 2 star champion?? Really annoyed when crystal is spinning I can see all the 4 and 5 star champions go by. As soon as I stop it I just end up with a pathetic one. You are ridiculous Kabam!!!!!!

Comments

• GunzoGunzo Member Posts: 719 ★★
    Damn, yo just got Kabam'd get rekt m8!
  • KrisaleciKrisaleci Member Posts: 9
    When Kabam gives you a special or when you use credits. Doesn't matter if I exaggerated slightly. My point is that they always spin through the top tier champs and when I stop the crystal spinning all I see are lower tier ones. That's what I end up with 95% of the time.
    It would be fair to at least have a 50% chance of a 4 star champion not a 5% chance.
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Member Posts: 358 ★★★
    It's actually more like a 1% chance
  • agr5017agr5017 Member Posts: 10
    28 nanotech crystals opened, 3 3-star champions (thor, loki and aou vision) and the rest were all 2-stars. So your communication regarding lower 2-star rates and higher 3-star and 4-star featured hero rates was a straight up lie!! #Iwantmy4200unitsback!!
  • TeeJayFlashTeeJayFlash Member Posts: 152
    the lesson....don't waste money/units on crystals if you have high expectations....those units could have been used for masteries or to refresh your roster in the arena....#badbiznessmove
  • Enigma_23Enigma_23 Member Posts: 17
    I just had the same issue where I open 13 punisher 2099 crystals and come away with all 2 stars. Maybe the government should monitor this pay to play garbage. This is stealing when get nothing in return.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian
    agr5017 wrote: »
    28 nanotech crystals opened, 3 3-star champions (thor, loki and aou vision) and the rest were all 2-stars. So your communication regarding lower 2-star rates and higher 3-star and 4-star featured hero rates was a straight up lie!! #Iwantmy4200unitsback!!

They said the odds of opening 2* would be slightly lower and the odds of opening 4* would be slightly higher. Since the odds of opening 4* from featured were probably in the range of 2% or so, the current odds have probably improved from one out of 50 to one out of 45, maybe. Could be less if I'm overestimating featured odds in the first place, which is possible.

Overestimation on your part does not equal a lie on their part. Or to put it in the vernacular of gambling: don't risk what you aren't willing to lose. Spending units on crystals is not an investment. You are setting those units on fire to watch the pretty flames. Occasionally, something cool forms in the ashes. But don't expect anything besides charcoal.
    Enigma_23 wrote: »
    I just had the same issue where I open 13 punisher 2099 crystals and come away with all 2 stars. Maybe the government should monitor this pay to play garbage. This is stealing when get nothing in return.

you got the guaranteed 2*s
    DNA3000 wrote: »

They said the odds of opening 2* would be slightly lower and the odds of opening 4* would be slightly higher. Since the odds of opening 4* from featured were probably in the range of 2% or so, the current odds have probably improved from one out of 50 to one out of 45, maybe. Could be less if I'm overestimating featured odds in the first place, which is possible.

Overestimation on your part does not equal a lie on their part. Or to put it in the vernacular of gambling: don't risk what you aren't willing to lose. Spending units on crystals is not an investment. You are setting those units on fire to watch the pretty flames. Occasionally, something cool forms in the ashes. But don't expect anything besides charcoal.

I grind for units and currently have over 2mil in battlechips..I went for 6 crystals and got Carnage...happy...eh, its arena fodder at best but I wasn't expecting much so Its a win..
  • agr5017agr5017 Member Posts: 10
    I honestly wasn't expecting to get punisher, just making a point that the better drop rates for featured hero's in the communication sent out was bogus is all. Although I did expect at least a 4-star of some sort, 28 crystals is a lot to get nothing. Been playing for a long time and have had many disappointments in the past so it's not a major shock, just frustrating is all.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian
    I honestly wasn't expecting to get punisher, just making a point that the better drop rates for featured hero's in the communication sent out was bogus is all.

The announcement seems pretty straight forward to me. And it does not state that there will be an increased chance of 3* and 4* featured champions. It says the odds of the current 3* and 4* champion being drawn stay exactly the same, and an additional small chance to draw a previous 4* champ is being added (simultaneously reducing the chance of drawing a 2* champion slightly). I see no evidence to contradict that statement, your prior bad luck notwithstanding.
  • Arus25Arus25 Member Posts: 158
    If you know opening of crystals is stealing your money. Then dont buy and open.

Is like you invested money in stocks with high risk and it just vanished. Will you say the stocks steal your money?
  • danielmathdanielmath Member Posts: 4,077 ★★★★★
    Krisaleci wrote: »
    It would be fair to at least have a 50% chance of a 4 star champion not a 5% chance.

You get like 20 PHC every week from arena, i think getting 10 4 stars just from PHC is a little absurd....no?
  • Arus25Arus25 Member Posts: 158
    danielmath wrote: »

You get like 20 PHC every week from arena, i think getting 10 4 stars just from PHC is a little absurd....no?

Aboslutely absurd. Arena still gives units and battlechips.
    Maybe dupping 4* from arena from phc in a week can get 5* crystal
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
    edited June 2017
    Treat PHCs as 2* champs accumulator.
    Once you obtain the majority of 2* champs, PHCs starts to rewards 55 3* shards plus class isos and gold on 2* duplicates.

Open 37 PHCs, and the shards gives 1 3* crystal.

If you are grinding, easy to grow roster.
    And once in a while, you receives a pleasant surprise on the PHCs.

• NoobeeusNoobeeus Member Posts: 332 ★★
    winterthur wrote: »
    Treat PHCs as 2* champs accumulator.
    Once you obtain the majority of 2* champs, PHCs starts to rewards 55 3* shards plus class isos and gold on 2* duplicates.

Open 37 PHCs, and the shards gives 1 3* crystal.

If you are grinding, easy to grow roster.
    And once in a while, you receives a pleasant surprise on the PHCs.

Once most of your 2 stars are sig 99 you will get 110 3* shards per PHC, so only need 18 2* to get a 3*
  • Superman69Superman69 Member Posts: 534 ★★★

HAHAHA lol. Yeah man, the government needs to start looking into Mcoc because that's what's most important for the country right now
  • Alfa_PigeonAlfa_Pigeon Member Posts: 273 ★★
    edited June 2017
    The crystals are ridiculous, as a big punisher fan, I purchased 6 punisher2099 crystals and came away with all 2* trash. I was even more pissed when I opened a regular 4* and pulled an Iron Patriot...all junk and my hard earned units wasted. Thanks for nothing.
  • SpeedbumpSpeedbump Member Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    Here's a thought, STOP BUYING CRYSTALS! Use them for other things that are more useful!

I meant a 50% chance from something like the daily crystal or the specials. Rare chance to obtain a 3* or 4* champ? Yeah right! rare as rocking horse ****!
  • SirnoobSirnoob Member Posts: 952 ★★★

I meant a 50% chance from something like the daily crystal or the specials. Rare chance to obtain a 3* or 4* champ? Yeah right! rare as rocking horse ****!
    How is 50 percent rare?
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Guest, Member Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    You know a thread is out of hand when people say there should be a 50% shot at 4 stars. The odds have been vastly improved recently. If the new odds still aren't good enough for you, this isn't the game for you. You're trying to tell me that, out of the approximately 12 Premium Hero Crystals that new players get in the first week, they should have 6 4 stars? Think that through again, because it's moronic.

Yes, the government should focus their time, money, and effort on video game drop rates to appease a couple angry people. Great idea. Maybe they should also give money to all the people who lost the lottery. They knew the odds were low to begin with, but hey, why should they have to accept reality?
  • AddyosAddyos Member Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    edited July 2017
    "Spending units on crystals is not an investment. You are setting those units on fire to watch the pretty flames. Occasionally, something cool forms in the ashes. But don't expect anything besides charcoal."

This is golden @DNA3000. This should be pinned somewhere as a gentle reminder/stark warning about expecting manna a.k.a 4* champs from featured and PHC crystals.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,489 ★★★★★

The Government is not responsible for your choice to take a chance at winning something. Nowhere does it state that you are guaranteed to win what you want. Nor does it say the odds increase as you buy more. They could institute a warning advising people to spend responsibly, they could limit purchases to age-verified Accounts, they could put a spending cap per day, they could post the Drop Rates....still won't make a difference because people do whatever they want. They will still try for the Champ, and it won't make the RNG spit out anything more than it does.
    In all honesty, we are responsible for taking a chance. If we choose to continue taking that chance if we don't win the first time, the onus is on us.

The Government is not responsible for your choice to take a chance at winning something. Nowhere does it state that you are guaranteed to win what you want. Nor does it say the odds increase as you buy more. They could institute a warning advising people to spend responsibly, they could limit purchases to age-verified Accounts, they could put a spending cap per day, they could post the Drop Rates....still won't make a difference because people do whatever they want. They will still try for the Champ, and it won't make the RNG spit out anything more than it does.
    In all honesty, we are responsible for taking a chance. If we choose to continue taking that chance if we don't win the first time, the onus is on us.

Exactly. Crystals are like Lottery Tickets, and last time I checked, it doesn't make sense to get mad at a lottery company because you didn't win the jackpot. That's called stupidity.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,489 ★★★★★

Exactly. Crystals are like Lottery Tickets, and last time I checked, it doesn't make sense to get mad at a lottery company because you didn't win the jackpot. That's called stupidity.

In the sense that you're taking a chance. However, it's an important distinction to make that it is not Gambling because there is no chance for monetary payout. Any money spent on the game is not a returning investment because it is the digital property of Kabam, and it is stated clearly in the TOS. We are in essence renting the license to use their property.