**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

GAME IS DOWN [RESOLVED]

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724 ★★★★
    BrianGrant wrote: »
    I love how Brian grants stream was 2 hours of him doing things other then playing the game

Mentally I was grinding. 4-stars are about to come off cooldown again

Brian! Nice to "see" you!

I can't believe you guys are still up. Slumber party? Hope one of you packed s'mores.

There is probably chocolate SOMEWHERE in this office, but no graham crackers or marshmallows....
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    Drummer16 wrote: »
    I find it somewhat disrespectful that you guys only choose the fun off-topic posts to respond to when people ask legitimate questions like the guy on the last page asking about how Domino's sp2 works.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't know how much you get paid or if you even make OT for this. Maybe, you hate that you have to be there on Friday night and want to turn it into fun social hour where people suck up to you for ego stroking. Honestly, I don't care, but I mean you have the time to at least answer some people's questions.

You can have fun AND be productive. Otherwise, why not just go home and post updates when the devs actually doing the work email you telling you status updates?

To be fair they have responded to quite a few game related questions since the decison to reverse removing diversity was made. You can check my post history and see the majority has been critical of Kabam and justifiably so. Sometimes this is exactly whats needed to create an open dialogue between a company and the community so while I get the frustration there's no need to bring a negative vibe. If the long term result is the mods being more active and the community being more understanding toward them during issues then I'd say we're on the right track. Only time will tell, so chat it up with everyone if you like and save the complaining, which we all know there will plenty of time for, for when it's necessary.

I read this at first and I agree with what you are saying about a dialog being opened (my post was specifically about THIS thread, btw). However, if you look more into the situation as you described it and as it is playing out with the current outage, it makes it seem like this is a "charity" event where we can finally converse with the almighty mods. This is how they should be normally, since it is their job. This isn't some open source product where any feedback or help is charity. This is a company raking in tons of money with a ton of pissed off consumers.

Granted, I am not really pissed off like I feel the rest of the player-base is...I sadly began to expect the worst and hope for something better long ago.

I get how it can be seen that way, i just see at as posters trying to connect with them and get to know them. I agree this is how it should be on a regular basis, but honestly there's not a whole lot of opportunity for that with the mood of most threads that ask for or require their attention since those are generally regarding issues or new content we all hate and want answers for that they don't have. So they pop in, give the required generic company answer which just riles everyone up more and from there they get slammed for their response and get slammed for not responding.

My genuine hope is that this leads to better dialogue regarding the issue that matter, from both sides. The worst part imo is that the issue is the devs outright ignoring any and every suggestion the community makes and implementing essentially the exact opposite of what posters say they want to see. I'm not gonna get into specifics here since thats not what this thread is about imo and I've just popped back in after a while. I hope everyone's still enjoying themselves here and again that this carries over into all interactions from here on. The mods seem like good, genuine people just like the rest of us and we're all on the same side here working together to make this game the best product it can be.

They are here precisely because of the current mood of the community. Otherwise this thread would have turned into a boycott post. They are here to prevent that form happening. They wouldn't have bothered otherwise. I know they didn't bother to have a community interaction session when android servers went down for 6+(?) hours
  • Dakine86Dakine86 Posts: 239
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    I love how Brian grants stream was 2 hours of him doing things other then playing the game

Mentally I was grinding. 4-stars are about to come off cooldown again

Brian! Nice to "see" you!

I can't believe you guys are still up. Slumber party? Hope one of you packed s'mores.

There is probably chocolate SOMEWHERE in this office, but no graham crackers or marshmallows....

That’s a start!!!! Just have to improvise or send an intern to hortons!!! @Ad0ra_
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724 ★★★★
    Hey everyone - I just posted an update in the stickied announcement thread for downtime, but unfortunately it looks like we are still a few hours out from seeing a fix, as an ETA. Really sorry to have to give you all this news.
  • iW0nderingWolfiW0nderingWolf Posts: 81
    @Ad0ra_ doesn't sound like you guys are having too much fun trying to get the game back up and running. I would ask how long more but u probably have no clue...
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Mike and Adora I appreciate you chatting with the community. I’ve been reading the thread since the game has been down. It’s nice to see another side to you guys other than people yelling at you and you trying to calm them down. I also feel bad some people are still mad at you since it’s not your fault.

On a game related question, can you guys tell me when the Sabretooth crystals will come back? He’s one of my childhood favorites and was on a break the first time he came around so really hoping to get any version of him on his return.
  • nameplasnameplas Posts: 240 ★★
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    I find it somewhat disrespectful that you guys only choose the fun off-topic posts to respond to when people ask legitimate questions like the guy on the last page asking about how Domino's sp2 works.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't know how much you get paid or if you even make OT for this. Maybe, you hate that you have to be there on Friday night and want to turn it into fun social hour where people suck up to you for ego stroking. Honestly, I don't care, but I mean you have the time to at least answer some people's questions.

You can have fun AND be productive. Otherwise, why not just go home and post updates when the devs actually doing the work email you telling you status updates?

To be fair they have responded to quite a few game related questions since the decison to reverse removing diversity was made. You can check my post history and see the majority has been critical of Kabam and justifiably so. Sometimes this is exactly whats needed to create an open dialogue between a company and the community so while I get the frustration there's no need to bring a negative vibe. If the long term result is the mods being more active and the community being more understanding toward them during issues then I'd say we're on the right track. Only time will tell, so chat it up with everyone if you like and save the complaining, which we all know there will plenty of time for, for when it's necessary.

I read this at first and I agree with what you are saying about a dialog being opened (my post was specifically about THIS thread, btw). However, if you look more into the situation as you described it and as it is playing out with the current outage, it makes it seem like this is a "charity" event where we can finally converse with the almighty mods. This is how they should be normally, since it is their job. This isn't some open source product where any feedback or help is charity. This is a company raking in tons of money with a ton of pissed off consumers.

Granted, I am not really pissed off like I feel the rest of the player-base is...I sadly began to expect the worst and hope for something better long ago.

I get how it can be seen that way, i just see at as posters trying to connect with them and get to know them. I agree this is how it should be on a regular basis, but honestly there's not a whole lot of opportunity for that with the mood of most threads that ask for or require their attention since those are generally regarding issues or new content we all hate and want answers for that they don't have. So they pop in, give the required generic company answer which just riles everyone up more and from there they get slammed for their response and get slammed for not responding.

My genuine hope is that this leads to better dialogue regarding the issue that matter, from both sides. The worst part imo is that the issue is the devs outright ignoring any and every suggestion the community makes and implementing essentially the exact opposite of what posters say they want to see. I'm not gonna get into specifics here since thats not what this thread is about imo and I've just popped back in after a while. I hope everyone's still enjoying themselves here and again that this carries over into all interactions from here on. The mods seem like good, genuine people just like the rest of us and we're all on the same side here working together to make this game the best product it can be.

They are here precisely because of the current mood of the community. Otherwise this thread would have turned into a boycott post. They are here to prevent that form happening

This^^^^^^
    @Ad0ra_ @Kabam Miike can y'all assure you this isn't a mere communication done to not let the thread turn into a boycott thread? Are we gonne be communicated in the same way after the game gets back?
  • Mystic_ReaperMystic_Reaper Posts: 50
    That’s the end of my goldpool milestone run then
    It’s a 3 day arena.....
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★

Do you think you are ever going to get compensated at all?
  • Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★
    So is it possible to get Squirrel Girl in the contest if New Warriors ever hits TV? The art director told me she'd be too OP on Twitter. Broke my heart.

I JUST WANT TO GET NUTS!!!

It’s supposed to. They cast the AT&T chick as Squirrel Girl.
    Dakine86 wrote: »
    It’s a 3 day arena.....

But the Earth is round, ppl lives in diff timezone, the down time impacts diff ppl differently, some ppl might have wasted the free time they have for the grinding, some ppl has absolutely no impact since the down time conincide with their sleeping hours, etc.

But hey if I'm a little kid having no responsibility and living at mum's basement, taking money from parents and live in this game 24x7, then yeah this server down time has no impact.

Sadly, it impact some more than other since many folks have other important things to do in life, and once wasted their available time to grind/play, they need to proceed to deal with their things and can only come back later.
  • Mystic_ReaperMystic_Reaper Posts: 50
    It’s a 3 day arena.....

I can’t grind last day thanks to pain in the a$$ family visiting from interstate
  • What i remember since the last 3 years,they were even online on new years eve ...and were fixing servers

I will not believe that they ever sleep
    But maybe one account has several users with different working times

There is only one Ad0ra_ and there is only one me! It would be easier if we had clones, but that technology has not come far enough...
  • Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★
    mdsub wrote: »
    Dark Phoenix got pushed back, but is for sure coming out. They finished it. No sense in wasting all that time and money by not releasing it.

February 19th 2019 is the scheduled release date

Don’t forget the New Mutants movie as well. Magik on the big screen. It got pushed back as well.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    gohard123 wrote: »
    I'm sure they'll have it up soon. I get that it's frustrating when you're in the middle of something. Just saying.

Soon you say

Well, that's usually the case, yes. This is quite an extenuating situation.

Your mastery of malapropism is Jedi-like.

Typo. Extrenuating is what I meant. Love the tablet. Hate the bloody autocorrect.
  • Captain_KandiceCaptain_Kandice Posts: 222 ★★
    @Ad0ra_ and @Kabam Miike y’all getting sleepy yet? ;)
  • MrOnizukaMrOnizuka Posts: 121
    There goes my Beginner Bracket...
    It’s a 3 day arena.....

I can’t grind last day thanks to pain in the a$$ family visiting from interstate

sorry for your lost of time, but you are doing the right thing since it is more important to take care of what you need to do with family and stuff

too bad some people cannot understand how server down time can impact people. maybe they think we can life in the game 24x7, no work, no family, no important things, earth is flat, no diff in timezone, whatsoever.

hope you have more than 1 ticket and you get the chance to retry once more time.
  • SolvseusSolvseus Posts: 77
    I’m in IT. We just had a manager at a remote site railing against us because “everything was broken”. We kept trying to explain it to him that there was nothing WE could do, because it was their ISP. So I empathize.

Still hoping for some kind of compensation though. 6 star hero maybe? A newbie can dream, can’t he? 🙂
    MrOnizuka wrote: »
    There goes my Beginner Bracket...

wow, the timing is pretty bad for you, but welcome in stepping into the intermediate bracket (I pressume?)
    What i remember since the last 3 years,they were even online on new years eve ...and were fixing servers

I will not believe that they ever sleep
    But maybe one account has several users with different working times

There is only one Ad0ra_ and there is only one me! It would be easier if we had clones, but that technology has not come far enough...

@Kabam Miike I’m a robotics engineer, pretty sure I could make something along these lines happen for the right price haha.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,341 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    Darchon wrote: »
    I’m shocked the most OBVIOUS...

Why not Cloak and Dagger to support the new Freeform/Hulu series?

Or Jessica Jones?

We have two Iron Fists for crying out loud.

Oh god, how did I forget JJ?!?!

I haven't seen Cloak and Dagger yet, we don't have Hulu in Canada :( I really wanna check it out though.

You know they'd be great in the game too, don't you?

They're in the Wishlist over and over, as well as popping up in random threads: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/406656#Comment_406656

You could have great fun designing their powers. Dagger could pop out of Cloaks Dark Dimension for his SP3, like the Void/Sentry setup.
  • Oh well day off from the contest i guess haha got to be social for once
  • ElsaEternalElsaEternal Posts: 97
    Any chance we will see a rerun of the current arenas? Many of us are missing a solid portion of our grind time
This discussion has been closed.