**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Downtime Compensation [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    udhabaj wrote: »
    Next update :
    Hey everyone we've discussed about compensation and will have update for you guys BY THE END OF THIS GAME and will be handing out the items in the next life.

Fix the crashing and performance issue first goddamnit.
    Release an update with fix

LMAO! :D:D

I'm honestly still following this thread for the fun of it. Like this comment. Oh my God. :D:D
  • udhabajudhabaj Posts: 40
    Neroa65 wrote: »
    udhabaj wrote: »
    Next update :
    Hey everyone we've discussed about compensation and will have update for you guys BY THE END OF THIS GAME and will be handing out the items in the next life.

Fix the crashing and performance issue first goddamnit.
    Release an update with fix

LMAO! :D:D

I'm honestly still following this thread for the fun of it. Like this comment. Oh my God. :D:D

Glad to hear i made you laugh😂
  • Joey0480Joey0480 Posts: 100
    We are at the point where they should have waived all these discussions and just provided what the max compensation should have been. There is an upset player base and prolonging this to nitpick what should and shouldnt be given is making things worse. Suck it up and appease the players that fund this game
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    max compensation or nothing
  • KillerRino19KillerRino19 Posts: 370 ★★
    I love this thread
  • Yeah this sounds horrible lol. "tentatively"
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I think it's safe to assume nothing will happen until "early next week"
  • Mjölnir1852Mjölnir1852 Posts: 22
    edited July 2018
    In the long run, giving out what players are asking for - regardless of whether or not it’s fair - will earn Kabam some much needed brownie points among the base and would likely not cost developers anything.

Players are more likely to spend if they are content. Yes while In the short term distributing some rank downs and a 5* awakening could potentially cost kabam a few bucks, in the long term, players who are happy with the game are more likely to buy offers. I don’t really care what the compensation is - as I’ve already decided against spending another dollar on this game - but from a pure PR stance, Kabam is botching this by caring more about making sure they don’t overcompensate players rather than simply throwing em a bone and saying “our bad.”
    In the long run, giving out what players are asking for - regardless of whether or not it’s fair - will earn Kabam some much needed brownie points among the base and would likely not cost developers anything.

Players are more likely to spend if they are content. Yes while In the short term distributing some rank downs and a 5* awakening could potentially cost kabam a few bucks, in the long term, players who are happy with the game are more likely to buy offers. I don’t really care what the compensation is - as I’ve already decided against spending another dollar on this game - but from a pure PR stance, Kabam is botching this by caring more about making sure they don’t overcompensate players rather than simply throwing em a bone and saying “our bad.”
    Agreed....short term loss but long term gain
  • Where’s the update for this morning? What time will it be?
  • explorershaneexplorershane Posts: 34
    and the phone melting making grinding impossible compensation ?
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hi all!

Thanks for your patience again and apologies for the delay. Please check out our plans for compensation in this thread.
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi all!

Thanks for your patience again and apologies for the delay. Please check out our plans for compensation in this thread.

What does it mean that you are rewarding those generic rewards to those on prior to the outage? What about the people that couldn't make it on during the outage?
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    Pffff....no 5* awakening gem? Lame /s/.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Hi all!

What does it mean that you are rewarding those generic rewards to those on prior to the outage? What about the people that couldn't make it on during the outage?

I think it means anyone playing the game prior to that date when the outage first occurred.
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Guys guys, were getting compensation! “Early next week” so...next next Saturday!
    Thawnim wrote: »
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Hi all!

I think it means anyone playing the game prior to that date when the outage first occurred.

Ok that would make sense. That better be the way they are doing it. I wouldn't put it past them to only compensate those that were kicked out when the game went down though.
    It’s almost painfully obvious that they did those meetings just so they could satisfy the ones who wanted some compensation, not the (what I believe Is the majority) of the community that wanted max compensation for a maximum bad situation with the maintenance and lag issues and overheating, there should at least be revived in there...but yknow, now that it’s been issued out, there’s not gonna be any change

I think they make the mistake of trying to only compensate for what was possible to achieve during the downtime, whereas they should be compensating for the major inconvenience that it was to their ENTIRE player base. Its depressing, but I guess we know what to expect by now... They have set the bar pretty low.
    Well that sums up how Kabaam feels about their player base
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    Hi all!

I notice it says people in the event quests who joined before the outage get some compensation, but what about those that were trying to log in throughout the down time to do the event quest. Does this mean that because my team wasnt sitting idle in the quest, i am not entitled to the compensation for this? For the hours spend by my phone repeatedly trying to log on to mcoc and the forum with no success? I am hoping i interpreted this wrong.

• Mjölnir1852Mjölnir1852 Posts: 22
    It is absolutely past time for people to stop spending money on this game.