**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Tips for leading an alliance (especially AW paths)

I started playing in February 2018 and my friend started an alliance and appointed me an officer. However, the friend who is the leader is leaving the game and putting me in his place. Me and some other officers are trying to create a AW plan with paths but id appreciate some tips from more experienced players. Thanks ✌

Comments

• Options
    ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Aside from the always obvious rule that they should not attack linked nodes, you need to make sure people follow organized paths and make sure they do not double the paths.. Google alliance war maps and use that to assign paths.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    First thing is observe how they do. Some Players are stronger than others. It's really just a matter of knowing your Ally, knowing what they have to work with, and knowing what they can do. Stronger Players go to stronger Nodes. Send the newer ones to easier Nodes. Always work together to take the Nodes down before attacking. Most important suggestion I can give is know the Map, and know your guys. It just takes time and effort. You'll evolve as you go.
  • Options
    Hey everyone!

Firstly we'd like to say thank you to Thawnim and GroundedWisdom for their excellent input on tips for being the leader of an Alliance!

If I may add some personal experience, I'd say that communication and morale are essential to a successful Alliance. It's imperative that you make your intentions and expectations clear, because as GroundedWisdom mentioned, it'd be great having a full team of boss killers, but some players simply aren't that type. Others might not be great against bosses, but are very reliable when it comes to support roles and taking out nodes that hinder other paths.

It's best to understand the specific strengths of the players in your group and make the best use of them that way.
    On top of that, because The Contest is a global game, it's not uncommon for Alliances to be spread all over the world. With this in mind, learning a general idea of active times for the members will really help too, to make sure that there's always something happening in terms of helping everyone progress.

We hope this helps in some way however small, and congratulations on your Officer role!
  • Options
    Jaegger52Jaegger52 Posts: 2
    Thanks for the tips guys! :)