**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

30 MIN TIMERs HAVE BEEN GREAT

Comments

• BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    Badrose wrote: »
    SBundyBear wrote: »
    I challenge anyone to provide 1 tangible practical example of a Person or Alliance who would be disadvantaged by 30 minute timers.

In 9 pages I have yet to see an example of anyone who would be worse off because of 30 min timers.

We literally did that. In 9 pages, people keep ignoring the issues because they don't want to accept them.

You literally did nothing. Explain in details how that single guy can't even enter AQ before it ends, tell us his paths, the nodes he usually removes and the time he usually connects to the game. AQ timer is not an issue for this guy, he is an issue for your ally. And again, joining an ally from a different time zone is a choice and you have to accept coscequences.

Except the game is global, and you can't force people to join Allies in their own Time Zones just to accommodate faster Maps 5 and 6.

Stop hiding, just answer. And as I said last night (of course you ignore everything that is against your opinion), regional rank proves the game is designed to join an ally from your country. You are the one who always says the game is designed for this and that, so...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    SBundyBear wrote: »
    I challenge anyone to provide 1 tangible practical example of a Person or Alliance who would be disadvantaged by 30 minute timers.

In 9 pages I have yet to see an example of anyone who would be worse off because of 30 min timers.

We literally did that. In 9 pages, people keep ignoring the issues because they don't want to accept them.

You literally did nothing. Explain in details how that single guy can't even enter AQ before it ends, tell us his paths, the nodes he usually removes and the time he usually connects to the game. AQ timer is not an issue for this guy, he is an issue for your ally. And again, joining an ally from a different time zone is a choice and you have to accept coscequences.

Except the game is global, and you can't force people to join Allies in their own Time Zones just to accommodate faster Maps 5 and 6.

Stop hiding, just answer. And as I said last night (of course you ignore everything that is against your opinion), regional rank proves the game is designed to join an ally from your country. You are the one who always says the game is designed for this and that, so...

No. Regional Rank does not prove the game is designed to join by Country. The game is meant to join people from all areas. Which is why it's global.
    The only argument you're giving is that people should adjust their Allies and lives to accommodate what you want.
  • AerialFollyAerialFolly Posts: 104
    TL:DR - "We don't accept your examples, so you contributed nothing."

Wow that is your most blatant blow off response yet. It seems when you can’t argue/discuss the point you just blow it off acting smug.

On topic 30 again minute timers releave stress for the masses.
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    TL:DR - "We don't accept your examples, so you contributed nothing."

Wow that is your most blatant blow off response yet. It seems when you can’t argue/discuss the point you just blow it off acting smug.

On topic 30 again minute timers releave stress for the masses.

And create stress for others but again screw them.

Yeah, I'm just chopping it up to irony.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    I’d also like to note @GroundedWisdom And @Dropfaith have yet to state why anyone of the other 9 in your bg’s cant, or isn't willing to slow down to allow the late guy to play a little or how doing so would hurt them, or your ally, in anyway as compared to 1 hour timers.

Again, not only is the issue your bg for being D-bags, but you are one of those 9 specifically not allowing your own bg teammate to participate!!

You, yourself, have the ability to help that situation, by slowing down just a little, which would be such an easy thing to do and could pace yourself to an hour or at least enough to let your team members participate. Not to mention it would be the civil and appropriate response for a team, yet you, specifically you... don’t do this!

Wow, you guys are terrible - not just here in the forum, but apparently in your own BG. I blame you, not 30 minute timers for your issues with 30 minute timers. Plain as day, but throughout these 9 pages you pretend you’re not part of that problem.

I’ve been laughing at your posts the entire time. I really enjoy watching y’all respond though. This is hilarious. Please keep making my day!! I
    Right. So we should just pace our AQ because other people don't want to wait? Contradiction much?
    Tons of it from your end. I’m still rolling though!! Thanks much for the laughs.
    Alas. I can see there is no reasoning here. It’s been fun watching you two try to make some kind of sense, but this could go on forever. I’m finally gonna cave and stop posting on this one for the sake of everyone else. So, I guess you’ll get the last word in and finally be happy? I dunno. You two are a hoot though!
    Honestly I done here. This is pointless I've stated numerous times why I dislike the timers and brought up issues pertaining to why.

Only to be called names and be told I'm a minority so I don't matter.

I'm gonna go boot all the non white males from my allaince cause they are minorities and a screw them

Yeah I get it. This conversation has been going on for years now, and it's just as frustrating because no matter how you present it, it's always met with flat-out denial. In any case, it's not us proposing a change. The system is designed for 1-Hour Timer. They've always been 1 hour. It will likely continue to be 1 hour, and the subject will inevitably come up again. Lol.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    Honestly I done here. This is pointless I've stated numerous times why I dislike the timers and brought up issues pertaining to why.

Only to be called names and be told I'm a minority so I don't matter.

No, it's different. We understand but we don't agree while you want to force us to agree stating that your opinion is right and ours are not.
    So screw the guys who dont see aq with 30 minute timers they are a minority and dont.matter.

I rewrote your arguement for ya

You were very close. But what I mean is that the minority matters far less than the majority. Basic math on that one.

Not when designing a game mode that is meant to include everyone. That's not a "majority rules" situation.
    So screw the guys who dont see aq with 30 minute timers they are a minority and dont.matter.

I rewrote your arguement for ya

You were very close. But what I mean is that the minority matters far less than the majority. Basic math on that one.

Not when designing a game mode that is meant to include everyone. That's not a "majority rules" situation.

As you've said a million times in here, it doesn't work for everybody. When designing the game they decide which functions will better serve a majority of players while trying to minimize the negatively impacted minority of players. So the game is built to be compatible with a majority. For some reason they think appealing to a majority is better than appealing to a minority. Don't ask me why. I would have thought that a large group of people had the same amount of money as a small group of people so it couldn't possibly be that they usually cater to whatever method will dictate more revenue.
    No. The idea is to make it accessible and playable for as many people as possible. Not to vote people off the island.
This discussion has been closed.