**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

For the officers who run alliances, some dates would be very helpful, Kabam

We realize that many of the current issues take time to resolve, but if you could set some target dates and share those with us, it would really help the officers who run and strategize participation for their alliances. I've always been a proponent of "under promise and over deliver", so I would have no problem with dates that are farther out then what might be necessary.

With these issues, and there are many right now, it is very hard to keep things organized, and others that have either lost faith in the game quality, which is understandable, or aren't comfortable with "no end in sight" are simply leaving. This makes it even more challenging for the alliances to plan anything. We just have to wait and see.

Over the last week, we've been jerked around quite a lot. Start AQ, stop AQ...no wait, you're going to reward us points as if there wasn't an issue, full speed ahead in AQ...wait the rewards are dinky, let's wait. Now the war season is delayed because some devices are too hot to even play which also means that our current participation in both AQ and AW is hampered and often costs all of us resources to combat the app crashing and getting kicked out of fights and those of us without the overheating issues picking up the slack. It's very challenging to try to manage around these issues.

Just today, we had three long time members tell us they are retiring, that there is just too much to try to keep track of on top of their busy lives. I'm with them. I won't be retiring, but I agree that you are asking a lot of your community of players to work through while you work through these technical problems.

The community has asked for more detailed information about these issues, but you've not provided that. The least you could do is give us some target dates so we can plan.

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    I believe with this issue, there are no target dates. Things have been postponed due to the overheating issue. Naturally, they want to resolve that first. My guess is they will announce when they have a fix they think is viable, and let us know when Seasons will resume.
  • Options
    Again , no target dates are in sight yet . You can’t expect Kabam to fix the issues on they same day they announce something. That’s asking too much . At least they postponed AW season 3 righty so .Plus , it’s a step in the right direction. Also , as far as members retiring , they’re unhappy but most retirees return once things are running right . So enjoy life some and go outside to have fun !🤠
  • Options
    AsmodeyusAsmodeyus Posts: 217
    For an issue like the overheating there are steps needed, small tests, medium tests, large teats, rollout. Any failure of moderate size in any of these steps can reset the whole process. Until as @GroundedWisdom said, viable, no dates can possibly be given.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724 ★★★★
    I can understand that you would like more information (and why!), but right now there isn't much more that we can provide. We don't have a timeline or an estimate right now. We are currently running a beta test aimed at helping to pinpoint some of these issues. We will continue to provide what updates we can, and are hopeful we will have more details to share soon :)
  • Options
    Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    Why didn't the game team test this update before it was released to the public? Wasn't being transparent and testing features a big thing they said they would change after 12.0 and that fallout? Was there a memo I missed where they decided all of that went out the window and we should just forget it? I mean really guys. I'm glad you seem to be taking it seriously now and doing this beta, but the users have been your beta for the last year it seems, over and over. You're making millions of dollars a month from this game, can you really not afford to run a beta of each update to see game breaking problems ahead of time?
  • Options
    BossyBuilderBossyBuilder Posts: 137
    edited July 2018
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    I can understand that you would like more information (and why!), but right now there isn't much more that we can provide. We don't have a timeline or an estimate right now. We are currently running a beta test aimed at helping to pinpoint some of these issues. We will continue to provide what updates we can, and are hopeful we will have more details to share soon :)

Thanks for responding! I understand the open ended nature of some of these issues and you just don't know when they'll be solved and that they're complicated. But I really think even guesses would make a huge difference.

As a design professional, I work with deadlines. We don't always meet them, and we are often reluctant to create them, but they are targets, and they are so much more helpful than not. Having them helps everyone get on board with a common goal, manages everyone's expectations and opens the door for us as a community to contribute to solutions, even if it's just things we create to bide our time (like you find in the youtube videos, reddit posts, facebook groups, etc.), or allowing us to come up with our own short term ways to tackle the game as an alliance (including retirements and recruiting) while things are being resolved.

I think that you'd find you'd get a lot more community support if we had a sense for how long you think some of these issues will take to resolve.