**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabams Level of Transparency is Abysmal, in This Area in Particular.

RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
July has been a complete show in a lot of areas in MCOC. I wont get into everything, as i simply just do not have the energy.
What i will focus on is the recent drops in a lot of the communities Alliance War rating. There have been several posts out there on forums and reddit regarding this issue.

I want to tackle it from a different angle. I have been with my guys almost two years now, we have gotten close. I would like to call a great deal of my teammates my friends. Like most friends, we have built trust over our tenure in the alliance. A part of that trust, was "hey bro, im flying the family to the beach today. I wont be able to log on for about 10 hours, could you move me in AQ/AW?"
I know people who shared their account information with other members for specific reasons like that.

By reading Kabam TOS, it seems as though it is a direct violation of their policy. After people started getting punished for this, we stopped doing it for the most part. We only did it when absolutely necessary. We didnt do it because one summoner was better than another, and we needed him to takeout a node.

I understand why piloting in AW is a big deal, especially in upper tiers. But, at the level we play at (tier 4) i dont think it will be the difference between a win or loss.

Point being, we have members in our alliance whos time is limited. For example, one guy just had a baby girl. We would move him in AQ when he is tied up. Now we have to kick a good amount of people from our alliance or we will constantly be punsihed for AW

I must admit, the summoners in my alliance are the only reason i still play this game. If i have to get rid of some of my guys, i too will strongly consider stepping away.

Kabam please come up with another way to deal with this, or at the very least be consistent with letting our alliance leaders know who is piloting. In some cases the leader has no idea it is even transpiring. Given the current state of the game and AW, deducting alliances rating with little to no communication only adds to the frustration the community is feeling.

Post edited by Kabam Lyra on

Comments

• IcehawklbIcehawklb Posts: 180
    My alliance has been penalized 3 out of the last 4 weeks. No explanation. No information to avoid it.
  • NickBates10NickBates10 Posts: 59
    Account sharing/piloting whatever you want to call it is not allowed is that clear enough?
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    Account sharing/piloting whatever you want to call it is not allowed is that clear enough?

Yeah man for sure, point of this thread is for Kabam to up their level of transparency. If you read the post, i stated that i was aware this is a violation of the TOS.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    There is the flaw in this entire game...it has been designed for people who have nothing to do but play games all day. With it's ticking timers and set time requirement it makes no accommodation for real life. The guy deserves time with his new kid...29 other guys are supposed to suffer so he can?
  • MattyloMattylo Posts: 234
    I agree with your statements completely. However, the issue is that people were abusing the ability to assist others. It was always part of the TOS but they didnt crack down on it until the community made it an issue. In return forcing Kabams hand at acting on the TOS violation.

I personally dont know how this can actually be resolved other then the fact if people matter more then the games content which is what i feel you were getting at then skipping AW/AQ so that people can handle their real lives is really your only option. If everyone is such great friends then missing the rewards wont matter. If it then causes a rift among the alliance then you either have to let those people move onto other alliances or let the person that in your example has a new born baby, let them enjoy that new baby and ask them to take a break until they have time for a game again.

Just impossible to have it both ways.
  • ASV27ASV27 Posts: 91
    Why should a alliance with less than 30 active members be allowed to cheat so they can get better rewards than another alliance with 30 active members? Wherever you end up, there is an alliance that just missed the cutoff for the tier you're in. Why should they get punished because you want to cheat?
  • Reaper213Reaper213 Posts: 167
    Any log in to another person’s account is a breach of tos. I understand that everyone has real life too. People aren’t meant to spend 24-7 on a game but it’s pretty clear. If people will be away run 1 or 2 bg in aw not 3. Also choose a aq map with less paths if it’s a problem. The game has mechanics built in that handle those types of situations. Sure everyone wants more rewards but don’t post complaints abount being penalized for breaking tos lol
    They will also never tell you which accounts are piloting or loggin in to others as it’s again privacy laws.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    It is not against privacy laws to reval list of confirmed cheaters, if people that completed legend runs can be listed in thread, then why would it be illegal to make another list of cheaters? It's only revealing their in-game nick not a real info. It is absolutely essential to reveal nicks of confirmed cheaters if alliances are to be put to responsibility for having one cheater in guild, how else people can protect themselves from such repercussions? Stop protecting cheaters at the cost of legit players Kabam
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Reaper213 wrote: »
    Any log in to another person’s account is a breach of tos. I understand that everyone has real life too. People aren’t meant to spend 24-7 on a game but it’s pretty clear. If people will be away run 1 or 2 bg in aw not 3. Also choose a aq map with less paths if it’s a problem. The game has mechanics built in that handle those types of situations. Sure everyone wants more rewards but don’t post complaints abount being penalized for breaking tos lol
    They will also never tell you which accounts are piloting or loggin in to others as it’s again privacy laws.

Not privacy laws, it’s against kabam’s privacy policy. Basically they’ve just decided they won’t out cheaters.

Future fight have published posts of people banned in the past. It’s not illegal.
  • NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    Same here my alliance got a penalty for no reason as well. These idiots gave a complete **** for July. The events are big and getting harder. That rift is ****. Compensation was trash and now getting penalty for no reason. Add inflation of awakening gem deals and all. Great job kabam great job.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    Rap wrote: »
    There is the flaw in this entire game...it has been designed for people who have nothing to do but play games all day. With it's ticking timers and set time requirement it makes no accommodation for real life. The guy deserves time with his new kid...29 other guys are supposed to suffer so he can?

The flaw isn't with the game. The flaw is with those players who lack perspective. A reasonable course of action for a player who understands the TOS and how pregnancy works would be to plan a leave of absence from the alliance until his schedule cleared up.
  • TaxTax Posts: 105
    I've stated on prior occasions and I'll say it again - this game should have been developed with a 'hardcore' option for those that really want to compete on a 24/7 level where the rules are strictly enforced and then a normal level for the rest of us that are mainly playing to have fun.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hello,

While I understand that it may be frustrating, account sharing is against the terms of service regardless of the reason a player may feel the need to do it. You can review our stance on account sharing and the possible actions that will be taken as a result in our announcement. And unfortunately, sharing information about actions take against accounts with third parties is against our privacy policy so we cannot share those details.
This discussion has been closed.