Options

Scarlet Witch rarely crits on special 2

StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
I noticed that after the nerf my SW very rarely crits on L2. I mostly use her L2 but I noticed her L1 doesn't crit as much either.
My problem with this is that considering the massive crit boost she has on her L2 I would expect it to trigger a lot more!
For example I fired 3 L2s in one fight and none of them crit! I have precision mastery maxed and I even had Ultron in my team which adds another crit synergy.
Before the nerf she used to crit almost ALL the time.
My SW is currently R4 if that matters.

Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• Options
    420down420down Posts: 170
    Yeah my biggest problem with trying to continue to use her for aq post 12.0 gutting is her lack of crit hits, especially days 4 and 5. Regen not procing would be fine if only she crit like she should so she can end fights early. L2 used to end the fight. I've hit im with three l2s in aq and still didn't end it. That's why she got retired.
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    They nerfed her crit chance in 12.0 and crit rate across the board. Everyone has the same problem. Ultron doesn't have a crit synergy with her...its armor if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    VartoxVartox Posts: 202
    DaMunk wrote: »
    They nerfed her crit chance in 12.0 and crit rate across the board. Everyone has the same problem. Ultron doesn't have a crit synergy with her...its armor if I remember correctly.

You are correct
  • Options
    wappykidwappykid Posts: 94
    I prefer to dex a heavy or special before I do mine to increase the chance of critical hit but for me it is like 80% chance to crit hit on 2nd special
  • Options
    wappykidwappykid Posts: 94
    I prefer to dex a heavy or special before I do mine to increase the chance of critical hit but for me it is like 80% chance to crit hit on 2nd special
  • Options

Yeah but after they realized they messed everything up they said as part of the partial roll back that they removed her crit penalty so that it would be back to normal. So she should be able to crit like before or close to that. Right now it's like they didn't change anything back!
  • Options
    Lambda1Lambda1 Posts: 200 ★★
    Strategic wrote: »

Yeah but after they realized they messed everything up they said as part of the partial roll back that they removed her crit penalty so that it would be back to normal. So she should be able to crit like before or close to that. Right now it's like they didn't change anything back!

You're right. And check her abilities... She's got a crit boost on SP2 (+2244 with my SW 5/50) but her SP2 crit rate is very low while fighting.
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited July 2017
    This is one of the reasons I don't use her at all anymore (I do take her to AQ but use her only for Hyperions and now she doesn't reliably nullify his power gain too). I am considering stopping using her completely. Really disappointed in her
    And after they had revisited her, her damage output was really good. I could stack cruelty and fury effects and do some real damage. Now, she barely crits or prove any buffs. They have definitely nerfed her crit rate again
  • Options
    solivagant56solivagant56 Posts: 75
    yeah i agree, she rarely crits on her sp2. She should crit more than anyone else based on the critical rating she gets on her sp2.
  • Options
    CryptCrypt Posts: 51
    All her triggers have gone to nerf,
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Yeah her sp2 suffers directly from diminishing returns. A common setup pre 12.0 was something like:

26% base crit + 40% increase from ability + 10% mastery + 7% synergy = 83% so you would crit most of the time with sp2.

But now it's 686 base crit + 2383 increase from abilility + 425 mastery + 155 synergy = 3649 or 63.5%

Interestingly enough if you completely remove the synergy and mastery the crit rating would still be 60%.

Taken in a vacuum, her sp2 wasn't really nerfed as just her base stats with no masteries or synergies are pretty close to pre 12.0 values (only off by 5% or so), but because of DR masteries and synergies now have almost no effect on her sp2. That's why we feel a big difference.
  • Options
    Lambda1Lambda1 Posts: 200 ★★
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    But now it's 686 base crit + 2383 increase from abilility + 425 mastery + 155 synergy = 3649 or 63.5%

Intersting. How do you make that conversion?
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Lambda1 wrote: »

The formula for converting a flat stat into a % is as follows: Flat Stat/(5*CR+1500+Flat Stat)

So for my example it would be 3649/(5*120+1500+3649) = 0.6347 or 63.47% Keep in mind this is for a CR of 120 or versing a r5 5* champ.
  • Options
    Lambda1 wrote: »

I don't think it's an accurate conversion. That would suggest that every 100 rating = 2% and that's not how DR works. The whole point of DR is that the more rating you get the LESS % you get out of it.