**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Piloting vs new phone

ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
Not that i do it, nor do i have a reason to, but how does the game tell the difference between someone piloting, or if you bought a new phone and logged in to your account using the new phone? Do they have a way or are they just gonna assume everyone who logs in from a new phone is piloting by default?

Comments

• Ij135Ij135 Posts: 10
    sl79 wrote: »
    You get an uniqe Id for each device. So they can see how many accounts log in with that Id. If there are multible accounts than they compare the Ip—adresses the accounts are logging in. And there are some other methods... you don‘t have to worry about a new phone or using different devices as long as you are not piloting. I have 2 accounts and play on different devices and never had a problem.

Yet........
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★
    They can tell your ip is in the same state orktt, when your logging on same date across country or in different continent then they know your full of it
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    mike867 wrote: »
    This is a huge issue @Championcritic My friend used his backup phone to play mcoc and he got banned for a week! When asked why and how, Kabam just refused to say anything, mentioning that if they tell how they figure out then people will find a work around it.
    Well why dont u implement a better system then?

Think of this, you buy a new phone and before you play MCOC on your new phone, you gotta ASK KABAM for PERMISSION! Hoping they won't ban you. How terrible is that? I don't even tell my wife what I am doing but I gotta tell Kabam? All for some peace of mind? Surely this isn't a 'fun' game in that essence

He didn’t get banned a week for account sharing. He did something else he knows what he did
  • ChimpyboyChimpyboy Posts: 124
    edited July 2018
    DL864 wrote: »
    This is a huge issue @Championcritic My friend used his backup phone to play mcoc and he got banned for a week! When asked why and how, Kabam just refused to say anything, mentioning that if they tell how they figure out then people will find a work around it.

Think of this, you buy a new phone and before you play MCOC on your new phone, you gotta ASK KABAM for PERMISSION! Hoping they won't ban you. How terrible is that? I don't even tell my wife what I am doing but I gotta tell Kabam? All for some peace of mind? Surely this isn't a 'fun' game in that essence

He didn’t get banned a week for account sharing. He did something else he knows what he did

Really? you sound very confident that Kabam could never, ever make a mistake on this.

What is it that gives you such confidence in their advanced cheating-detection metrics? Is is the endless stream of emergency maintenance? The messed up AQ brackets? The missing arena rewards a few weeks back? Domino's block breaking? The phones that are now being used to heat small ice fishing huts?

• R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Up until the update I played on 2 phones. My 7+ was dedicated purely for arena grinding and I would use my iPhone X for AQ/AW. So bouncing back and forth between phones didn't bring on a ban of any sort.
  • DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    It’s the middle of July who is Ice fishing?
    Chimpyboy wrote: »
    DL864 wrote: »

Really? you sound very confident that Kabam could never, ever make a mistake on this.

What is it that gives you such confidence in their advanced cheating-detection metrics? Is is the endless stream of emergency maintenance? The messed up AQ brackets? The missing arena rewards a few weeks back? Domino's block breaking? The phones that are now being used to heat small ice fishing huts?

Nobody gets banned for account sharing bottom line. I don’t know anything about their advanced cheating-detection metrics and nether do you so yes I would be 98% confident he didn’t get a week long ban for account sharing
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Cranmer00 wrote: »
    They can tell your ip is in the same state orktt, when your logging on same date across country or in different continent then they know your full of it

Not true as kabsm said VPN are ok to use. That means your IP could have you bouncing all around the world.
  • Hey DL864,

We made a statement regarding this issue here. We also made an announcement regarding cheating and player conduct that can be found here.

'Piloting'/Account sharing is against our Terms of Service and users who are caught doing so will be punished accordingly, this can reviewed here:
    https://www.kabam.com/corporate/terms-of-service.html#tab-en
    Hey DL864,

We made a statement regarding this issue here. We also made an announcement regarding cheating and player conduct that can be found here.

'Piloting'/Account sharing is against our Terms of Service and users who are caught doing so will be punished accordingly, this can reviewed here:
    https://www.kabam.com/corporate/terms-of-service.html#tab-en

I understand that and I know tos that’s not what I was discussing here
  • dparmdparm Posts: 109
    This game has been out for 3 years. If they banned everyone who got a new phone, that's going to translate to a gigantic percentage of their population. I have had 3 different phones in the past 3 years...and never been banned.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    They have their ways of tracking you, they have their ways of knowing which timezone you are in and your rough location and if those don't matchup up and you get logins from a place where you weren't minutes before and are impossible to get to in that span than it's obvious you are gave out your accounts information.

That has nothing do with getting a new phone or device and playing on it, your game data is tied to your kabam account or your Google play account or your apple account and when restore everything and redownload the game they use the stored data and tie it to your current device.

With all the stuff they collect and the stuff those companies collect they get your rough location and know when you play and do things.

This whole account sharring/ piloting has nothing to do with getting new phones or devices and playing on them if YOU ARE the one who CREATED them and only if you are the ONLY ONE playing with them then you're fine and they will not take action against you and it is NOT considered account sharring or pilioting.

They know things can happen which is why they back up your game data and let you restore it on a different device, some people break their devices more than others or like to upgrade.

Like me I've had many many different phone's over my career like 5-10 different ones and I still have 3 of them that I will switch in and out of sometimes for my two accounts and i've had 0 issues with kabam. Also sometimes others want to switch to iOS or apple or vice versa and play which is allowed.

I have two accounts, I have had many devices over the years because they either broke, started having technical issues or I wanted to upgrade to a better phone and have had no issue with kabam and will not because those accounts are mine, they can both be tied back to me and I will not give out my Information to anyone nor do I plan to.

You want to get a new device then go ahead and do so, you want to restore or transfer your accounts to those devices then feel free to do so as long as you are the orgin of them.

So again you can have as many accounts as you want on as many or as few devices as you want to use and play on.

Those who said otherwise likely gave out their information and they got caught, the only way people across the world can get into your accounts is that you gave information out for the most part.
  • TheremonTheremon Posts: 62
    I started playing January 2015 on iPhone 5. Bought a iPad mini 2 not long after. Created a second account. Upgraded to iPhone 6, had to replace it (wouldn't charge) and received a 6S instead. Bought iPad mini 4 last year. Upgraded to iPhone 8 this year. Have 2 accounts on 3 devices right now (weak account is mini 2, is barely playable now). Never had issues with any of this, and I had never shared my info with alliance mates or played for them. Even ones that live in my town.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    I've always wondered this not because of a new phone but because I own 2 separate cell phones and play on both phones. Never had anything happen though so k assume it isn't flagged by them.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Timone147 wrote: »
    I've always wondered this not because of a new phone but because I own 2 separate cell phones and play on both phones. Never had anything happen though so k assume it isn't flagged by them.

Exactly it really doesn't have to be a new phone. It could be an old phone that is deactivated or a spare device of yours that you wanted to play on instead of switching in and out on one of them.

I still have some of my old phones, one of them is really old and if want to I could fire it up and play mcoc on it, I don't really use it since it's coming apart and outdated but if I want I could it handled the game just fine.

I've been playing for over a year with two accounts, and have had many many phones for my main one before that and no issues from them.

And others won't have any trouble either as long as you have your accounts on it and everything is yours then they don't care about how many accounts or devices you have and probably won't care if you have many accounts in the same alliance that is as long as you aren't letting people use them.

It's also a safety issue to some people don't have much security settings on their accounts would not be surprised if some people bought stuff and then gifted stuff to themselves it's a risk some people take you never know what some people will do.