**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

A Modest Proposal for AW

Something I have been pondering for a long time that I think Kabam was trying to do with bases before jettisoning them altogether is the idea of custom defense nodes in alliance wars.

The way I am envisioning it is this:
1. Alliance war becomes a three-day affair (up from two);
2. Day 1 becomes customize defense nodes day. If each team is roughly the same in terms of alliance rating, etc., they each get a set number of points per node depending on how easy or difficult Kabam wants that node to be. Perhaps your common nodes have 5 points, mini boss nodes have 10 points and big boss node has 20 points. Each buff in the game is assigned a point value by Kabam, and you can stack as many buffs on a node as points allow. The really popular buffs will be worth 4 or 5 points while the easier buffs to attack through will be worth only 1 or 2 points. To make up for a huge disparity in alliance rating (for ex., my alliance is in tier 2 currently and is at 15.5M alliance rating, and we regularly battle alliances who are 20M+), the lower rated alliance could receive a small handicap, perhaps +1 point per node, to help even out the fact that alliance A has fewer god tier champs (probably) than alliance B whose members have mostly every champ. If you don't want to customize your nodes, Kabam can set up a number of default configurations, and the alliance leadership can select one of those.
3. Day 2 is then the day to select defenders.
4. Day 3 is attack phase.
5. AW awards would increase to reflect the fact that fewer wars were being fought because now a war requires 3 days to complete instead of 2.

The most apparent benefit of this system is that solving the meta would be much more difficult than it currently is where the nodes are static and only the *best* champions change. With this system, you could utilize more champs because there are some where if on the correct node are much better defenders. Well, if your BG has five different champs who would all benefit from that one node, now you could arrange it. It also would reduce the wallet effect of alliance A winning simply because it had superior numbers of superior champs.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    RocapRocap Posts: 222
    Nope stopped as soon as I read 3 days. No way I'm committing another day to a single war. If anything it should be cut down to 12 hours. It's literally begging you to not sleep for more than 5 hours I don't even think it should be legal. World of Warcraft did get sued for promoting sleep deprivation when a child died from gaming too hard.
  • Options
    VenturaVentura Posts: 35
    Joel line proposed an interesting idea where there were four global nodes outside the main map. It was accessible only from the starting point and let you join in the middle part of his revamped map.

He proposed that if the alliance completed the map without taking out the global nodes [unblockable sp1, power gain, bane etc], then they would get bonus points. Each global node thus would pose a challenge to the players. Take out the node and have a easier fight or leave the node for a riskier fight but with increased points,

This scenario made a lot of sense. I hope one day, Kabam incorporates this into AW.