**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Version 14.0 Discussion Thread

Comments

• CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    I'm wondering why in the new streamlined arenas IPhone users have an option for next series while Android users have the old continue button and have to go thru selecting the arena again?

Did you Update? I'm Android. I have the new option.

Thanks for trying to help me. Yes, I've updated to 14.0. I get the streamlined options between each match. However, after the final match I only have a CONTINUE button, I don't have 2 buttons for BACK TO ARENAS or NEXT SERIES.

Next series is impossible to be an option. The game can't predict how you'll set up your next lineup. No one has this option, as it would be impossible to accomplish.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I'm wondering why in the new streamlined arenas IPhone users have an option for next series while Android users have the old continue button and have to go thru selecting the arena again?

Thanks for trying to help me. Yes, I've updated to 14.0. I get the streamlined options between each match. However, after the final match I only have a CONTINUE button, I don't have 2 buttons for BACK TO ARENAS or NEXT SERIES.

You have to hit Continue after the last Fight to get to the BACK TO ARENAS and NEXT SERIES.
  • SlySlySlySly Posts: 352 ★★
    edited July 2017
    Evade is still not fixed. Exactly the same as before. Cant you just up the reaction time AI needs from evade ti next hit? This is still instant hit.
    Hey guys! For Kabam's sake, I've created a mega-thread of all bugs that are still relevant or new after 14.0! Please post in there so Kabam knows what's still an issue. This could really help them narrow down the true issues. Here's the link:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/8910/version-14-0-bugs
  • I'm wondering why in the new streamlined arenas IPhone users have an option for next series while Android users have the old continue button and have to go thru selecting the arena again?

You have to hit Continue after the last Fight to get to the BACK TO ARENAS and NEXT SERIES.

I think I figured out the issue. The 2 button option appears at the milestone rewards progress screen. Since I had already obtained all the milestones in that arena, it just bypasses that screen and takes me out to the arena selection screen. I went to a different arena that I had NOT gotten all the milestones in and there the buttons were once I got to the milestone progress screen.

So, if you're grinding arenas for champs, expect a slow down once you get all the milestone I guess, :-(
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

I think I figured out the issue. The 2 button option appears at the milestone rewards progress screen. Since I had already obtained all the milestones in that arena, it just bypasses that screen and takes me out to the arena selection screen. I went to a different arena that I had NOT gotten all the milestones in and there the buttons were once I got to the milestone progress screen.

So, if you're grinding arenas for champs, expect a slow down once you get all the milestone I guess, :-(

Actually, it speeds up the entire process. The Menu will still pop up. It will just show All Milestones Achieved. The new system is much faster than swiping through Arenas countless times before each Series.
  • I'm wondering why in the new streamlined arenas IPhone users have an option for next series while Android users have the old continue button and have to go thru selecting the arena again?

Next series is impossible to be an option. The game can't predict how you'll set up your next lineup. No one has this option, as it would be impossible to accomplish.

It is an option once you get to the milestone progress screen. I had already gotten all the milestones, that's why I did not get that option I guess.
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    The loading screen looks cool. Thank God that puni 2099 is gone.
    Arenas are way better now, although at champ selection it shows just 2 lines of champs only (used to be 4) but anyways overall good change to the arena setup.
    The infinite loading bug STILL seems to be there. Had to force close and restart the app. On android.
    Still waiting for updates on DS and BW. Esp Doctor Strange.

It is an option once you get to the milestone progress screen. I had already gotten all the milestones, that's why I did not get that option I guess.

Oh, okay. I misinterpreted what was stated. Sorry.
  • TiemiliosTiemilios Posts: 337
    I just want to give a shout-out as a THANK YOU. By far, the biggest thing with the update is the faster arena buttons. But the special move changes and the block timing updates are really great as well. Maybe there will still be some bugs that come out of this and there's still some things to fix for sure, but I'm loving what I see. Thank you!
  • When is everyone getting the update I still got nothing and missing out on the new content
  • WeaponXWeaponX Posts: 135
    Main Spidey story quests appeared, I played them and then they disappeared. Your updates are always so exciting Kabam!
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    It really sucks that the "Next Series" button goes away after you hit the milestones. How can they be so stupid to think that would be a good idea?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017
    Haven't found all the new stuff yet, but (particularly as an Android user) Thank you! for the very slick changes you've made to the arenas. Avoiding those extra loading times makes a huge difference, and I think the Android community should be particularly pleased; as it will make a far bigger difference to us. Cheers!
  • Tonic24kTonic24k Posts: 56
    edited July 2017

Seems it's only on the 3* Arena. I'm experiencing the same thing on iPhone. I did 4* Basic Arena first and had the Next Series button. Went over to 3* Featured Arena and sure enough, only had the Continue button.

^^
    @Kabam Miike
  • freyfrey Posts: 5
    So the game crashes are being ignored? streamlined arena means nought when u have to reconnect after each fight.
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    Great update on Arena! Really nice to be able to hit "next fight". Although my "next series" option in Arena is not coming up. I'm an android user and for us out there, this could be bad. Previous posts have mentioned it's because of milestones, that's not the case. I watched a live stream of an Iphone user and he was getting the "next series" option when he was way past the milestones. So it looks like "next series" button after milestones is working on Iphone but not Android :-(. Also, in watching the live stream, I noticed his "next fight" loaded in about 10 seconds, it took my android about 45 seconds. I'm sure there's nothing Kabam could do about this if Iphone is just a faster phone for gaming but just thought I'd mention it. Android users are definitely at a disadvantage in arena right now.
  • Pvto_AmoPvto_Amo Posts: 11
    New update exhaust battery 2 Fast, my de device ask to disable The game :s
  • RB6942RB6942 Posts: 72
    Overall from what I've seen and played after 14.0, I've been happy with. Parrying large opponents doesn't knock you back as bad as before. I like the change with the arena screens, it helps speed it up with loading times, but the "next series" button really needs to be extended past the milestones. It was well thought out, it just needs to go past the milestones.

And I'm still seeing missing hits in a combo, which usually is a death sentence in harder content. I know it was supposed to be fixed with 13.1.1 (I think), but was still occasionally seeing it and I kinda thought it would of been fully remedied in 14.0. Other than that, good update just need to extend "next series" past milestones and fix the wif hits and it's a solid update from what I've seen so far.
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited July 2017
    I had the game freeze in AQ for about 10 secs. It started up unexpectedly and the CPU had a huge advantage.

It was vs Hood in the first section.

The game should automatically pause should it freeze due to a process related issue... just saying. I ended up losing my SW.

Username:Midknight007
    Device: Samsung Galaxy S2 Tab
  • RvzRvz Posts: 179 ★★
    Rvz wrote: »
    Mike, has electra and gwenpools ability to reduce evade chance been fixed in this patch? it wasnt last patch and @Kabam Wolf said in another thread it would be fixed in this one. nothing about it in the patch notes however..

I'll have to check on that. I know that the team has been working on it, but don't know if it made it in for this patch or not.

According to Kabam Wolf the fix to electra and gwenpool was indeed in this patch. should have been included in the patch notes, less confusion.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/7862/elektra-not-reducing-evade-chance-fix-in-progress#latest
  • I still am not getting the update is anyone else still having the same issue
  • nameplasnameplas Posts: 240 ★★
    Hey Everybody!

Marvel Contest of Champions v14.0 drops July 5th! This is a very Bug Fix centric release. Find out more in the patch notes: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/11/marvel-contest-of-champions-changelog

So you guys still didn't fix the bug that kicks us out of the game, it seems like you're doing this on purpose even though you keep saying that your team is working on it. Any student that is learning stuff on testing and debugging can fix this faster than you guys, shame on you
  • mailositmailosit Posts: 4
    Where is the replay quest button? You guys made arena faster but quests slower...
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Well they sure as hell didn't fix the evade bug. Just got killed off an evade from an intercept by MM. Great stuff KABAM.
  • MaskguyOriginalMaskguyOriginal Posts: 13
    Just want to say you guys did a wonderful job this update. Great new arena interface and a way better looking loading screen. Boarders on items and heroes are a nice touch too. I have a small issue where the game force closes itself when I press next fight, but it doesn't cost me the match so I hope that gets looked at. -Android 7 Galaxy Edge7.