**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Compensation

The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
I know that a little bit ago a lot of people experienced overheating problems not allowing them to play the game for more than 10 minutes at a time. I was wondering if we would be getting compensation as players that experienced this because they missed opportunities to complete and explore event quests, AW and AQ. I was just wondering if this would be coming or not.

Comments

• Options
    Atticus9090Atticus9090 Posts: 521 ★★
    Probably not. This months calendar as well as the Gwenpool goes to the movies event quest is probably what Kabam has for us in terms of compensation. Seems decent enough

But if we do have any compensation for the sun burning players hands on IOS, it may come awhile down the road. A long while.

• Options
    NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Are these people just oblivious to the other posts about compensation? I mean I get you yeah you want to know if we will compensation but come on guys they have answered this like everyday
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Think we'll get it the same time as the pure skill compensation
  • Options
    I think the reason you've seen and will continue to see compensation posts is because they've utterly failed to actually provide compensation for -most- of what's gone wrong on their end in the past few months. What they handed out for the Alliance quest issue, with everyone getting highest tier rewards -- that was compensation. But everything else that they called 'compensation', was not compensation. Giving everyone the stuff they would have earned if something hadn't gone wrong is essentially the same as a store handing out rain checks.

"Sorry we ran out of what you wanted, but come back another day and you can still get the sale price."

It's their mistake for underestimating demand, but their answer is, essentially, "Go out of your way to come back here again on another day less convenient for you, so that you can save that money you would have saved today if we were better."

And much of the compensation Kabam hands out today amounts to that kind of effort. "Here's another chance to play that arena again when it's probably less convenient for you."

Sure, you're getting -something-, but it doesn't make you feel any better about what just happened.

Here's another example. You have a friend that goes to the movies with you weekly. 3 out of 4 weeks, he forgets his wallet and asks you to cover him. You do, because you're friends, and it's not a big deal at first. Even though he does pay you back for the tickets, eventually it's gonna start rubbing you the wrong way. Sorry alone isn't gonna cut it anymore. The right thing would be for the friend to apologize, and say "Hey, I know I've been flakey lately, let me buy dinner tonight to make it up to you." It's not something you'd get normally just hanging out with him. It's him going above and beyond just paying you back for the tickets, as a way of showing he cares and values that relationship.

Kabam doesn't generally do that. They give you your ticket money back a week or two after the fact, maybe throw in a light apology, and then figure everything's cool and we're best buds again. And that's the problem.
  • Options
    Hey guys, as we mentioned in THIS discussion, we're still assessing the impact this issue had on players to determine the best course of action for compensation. While I don't have any new information to share with you at the moment, as soon as we do, we'll be sure to provide everyone with an update!
This discussion has been closed.