Compensation for the Issues that we experienced on November 8th and the rewards that were unable to be claimed due to those issues are being sent out via in-game mail on November 15. Alliance War season rewards will be sent out on approximately November 20. Leaving your Alliance prior to this will result in missing out on your season rewards.

Cap IW R5 DMG

2»

Comments

  • RogueKing13RogueKing13 Posts: 188
    edited August 2018
    CWBP in no way becomes a usable offensive champ with that synergy 🤣😭

    For every parry he stacks a +30% attack/fury buff for 15 seconds...on top of the 6% boost just from the two together. I have routinely kept 2 or 3 of those up for an entire match. That makes him usable.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 552 ★★★
    I have 2 science awakening gems and I'm just waiting on this stud. He can potentially be my first r5
  • ESFESF Posts: 884 ★★★
    G0311 wrote: »
    ESF wrote: »
    I tried telling people that this dude was one of the best characters in this game, period. Wrote a long post about it.

    Slowly but surely, people are starting to realize this truth

    I have also said that sooner or later, people are also going to realize another truth: Killmonger is one of the top five characters in this game

    Yep especially when u team up Killmonger with BP CW, the problem is the sheepeople, are stuck on youtubers's God tier list and instead of taking it as advice they hold it as the standard, When Corvus came out , I got the 4* , but no one would listen to me on how good he was , until recent YouTube videoes lol

    I say this a lot because those folks really do provide a service to the community in allowing people to see movesets and things of that nature. I don't want to sound petty, because we all have opinions.

    But recently, I finally went and took a look at the list a lot of people talk about.

    He didn't even have Cap IW, Iron Man IW and Killmonger in the highest tier.

    I don't even know what to tell anybody about that except I'm gonna have to disagree every day and twice on Sunday
  • ESFESF Posts: 884 ★★★
    Feeney234 wrote: »
    I have 2 science awakening gems and I'm just waiting on this stud. He can potentially be my first r5

    I'd take him up without a moment's hesitation. I'd do it right this second, if I could
  • Crimsontide1616Crimsontide1616 Posts: 301 ★★
    @ESF hey man- been reading your posts and appreciate the info- let me ask you: would you R4 Hyperion or killmonger? Both unduped- excited to see what you say
  • Clintonwalls101Clintonwalls101 Posts: 127
    My cap iw is 5* r4 his damage is unbelievable im hoping and praying that i cam dupe him soon. His 2nd has done about 46k in damage with just 3 charges built up
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,894 ★★★★★
    ESF wrote: »
    I know we all have our preferences and we all have lists, but if anybody ever reads my posts and takes them seriously, and asked me, here are my current Top 10 characters in MCoC:

    1. Iceman: The utility is just ridiculous. I literally save mutant T4CC for the day I pull him as a five-star
    2. Captain America IW: Unduped, this dude is a damage-dealing tank. I can't even imagine what a duped 5-star does
    3. Blade: One-man lane clearance because of his sustainability, even if you can't bleed them
    4. Hyperion: The perfect offensive weapon, with regeneration capability
    5. Killmonger: This dude is so lethal and durable, I haven't even took him past 1/25 yet. I am not even joking
    6. Iron Man IW: Everybody knows how good he is on defense. But have you ever seriously ran him on offense? YIKES
    7. Doctor Voodoo: Man, Doctor Strange wishes he was this good. Just a terrifying character in the right matchups
    8. Spider-Man SE: Ridiculous offense. Shock/stun/effective against robots, emergency power control. Yowza
    9. Magik: Only five words needed: Just get to the L2
    10. Archangel: If it bleeds and can be poisoned, it dies. Quick, fast and in a hurry

    Not on list: Domino (I think this character is broken)
    Honorable Mention: Medusa, Void and Scarlet Witch

    I notice a significant lack of Corvus on that list ;)

    @ESF how much experience do you have with him? I only ask because I simply cannot understand how someone can not put him on a top 10 list if they’ve used him a lot!

    I joke, but I’d still be interested in your opinion.
  • ESFESF Posts: 884 ★★★
    @ESF hey man- been reading your posts and appreciate the info- let me ask you: would you R4 Hyperion or killmonger? Both unduped- excited to see what you say

    Oh, man...that is a great question. Because they are both awesome. You honestly aren't wrong in whatever you decide to do. Both of them are just amazingly well-designed characters.

    So to me, it comes down to two things: What are you trying to do/if you're stuck, and who you have to go with the characters, if anyone.

    What I mean by that is this:

    1. Hyperion, in a vacuum, is the more versatile character offensively...by a hair. Even unduped, you can kill characters a lot of ways, and his L1 incinerate is an amazing DOT weapon for stuff like a Safeguard kind of scenario, or damage back on physical contact. Stuff like that. The power gain...hey. That don't stop because he's unduped, you know? That poison immunity and energy resistance is useful AF, too. But let's be real, here: That big boy, if/when he builds up those Furies and Cosmic Charges...even unduped, you can still just flat-out devastate opponents. Again: Hyperion can kill you a whole bunch of ways. It's harder to get the regen when he's unduped, but it can be done.

    2. That doesn't mean an unduped Killmonger isn't devastating, though. Far from it. Because here's the thing about Killmonger: That dude can flat-out take a punch. His base defensive stats are stout, and that shows up when you do mess up and take a hit or chip damage with Hyperion via physical damage. Hyperion can feel a little squishy at times. I wasn't exaggerating when I said I didn't even have to take Killmonger up past 1/25 because of his durability -- he easily hangs in there with characters at higher rankings/stats. I was messing around against LOL Red Hulk, and man, Killmonger doesn't just die, even at 1/25. Just durable AF, and he is so easy to get into a rhythm on offense, you start rolling with True Strike and stacking up bleeds if the opponent can bleed. You can play him different ways, too -- I will pop off an L2 so I can eat an L3 from the opponent, if they have enhanced power gain and I couldn't bait out the special. For simpler fights, I'll pop L1 on there and get Counterpunch going...woof. Yeah. Killmonger is a beast, too.

    Here's why I said what I said at the outset, though: Hyperion is a character who can be a part of just about any type of team you put together. He is as pure an offensive weapon that this game has and he doesn't require any synergies to be awesome. Hyperion brings his own damage, and it is immense.

    Killmonger is totally fine as a solo character, as well -- you don't need to have other characters for him to be effective. But to me, Hyperion's overall damage output as a solo character exceeds what Killmonger does AND there is the regen capability for longer fights, or just cycling through Cosmic Charges to increase your DPS.

    HOWEVER.

    If you are going all in on Killmonger AND you run him with an 3/45 Winter Soldier...their total value could exceed Hyperion, because if you're even halfway decent at intercepting, you get serious uptime on True Strike -- which should never be underestimated -- AND you get Winter Soldier's damage in combination. Killmonger's ability to bring out the best in WS should not be underestimated. I run that duo a lot, and those boys kill a whole bunch of things for me. Now people are running him with Void, too...see, that's extra value that Hyperion doesn't bring to other characters, and that does matter if you're, say, trying to clear Act 4 or 5, stuff like that.

    I used Hyperion for AQ and AW, when I was running an alliance. Just a beast for that. Hyperion, again, is the choice if you're looking for intense DPS in a vacuum.

    But if I was trying to clear extended content in story quests and EQs and I had a stacked Void and RS...I wouldn't hesitate to do Killmonger.

    Does that make sense?

  • ESFESF Posts: 884 ★★★
    ESF wrote: »
    I know we all have our preferences and we all have lists, but if anybody ever reads my posts and takes them seriously, and asked me, here are my current Top 10 characters in MCoC:

    1. Iceman: The utility is just ridiculous. I literally save mutant T4CC for the day I pull him as a five-star
    2. Captain America IW: Unduped, this dude is a damage-dealing tank. I can't even imagine what a duped 5-star does
    3. Blade: One-man lane clearance because of his sustainability, even if you can't bleed them
    4. Hyperion: The perfect offensive weapon, with regeneration capability
    5. Killmonger: This dude is so lethal and durable, I haven't even took him past 1/25 yet. I am not even joking
    6. Iron Man IW: Everybody knows how good he is on defense. But have you ever seriously ran him on offense? YIKES
    7. Doctor Voodoo: Man, Doctor Strange wishes he was this good. Just a terrifying character in the right matchups
    8. Spider-Man SE: Ridiculous offense. Shock/stun/effective against robots, emergency power control. Yowza
    9. Magik: Only five words needed: Just get to the L2
    10. Archangel: If it bleeds and can be poisoned, it dies. Quick, fast and in a hurry

    Not on list: Domino (I think this character is broken)
    Honorable Mention: Medusa, Void and Scarlet Witch

    I notice a significant lack of Corvus on that list ;)

    @ESF how much experience do you have with him? I only ask because I simply cannot understand how someone can not put him on a top 10 list if they’ve used him a lot!

    I joke, but I’d still be interested in your opinion.

    Ha! As a matter of fact, I do have a 4/40 Corvus, rank 99. And yes, he is freaking awesome -- I can't dispute that at all. I thought it was funny, during the last round of Dungeons. I went questing with a dude who was not impressed that I brought a 4/40 into the room...and he wound up realizing real quick what that dude was all about.

    He will go to 5/50 for me. Need about 10,000 more T4CC shards to get him there.

    My problem with Corvus is this: At 4/40, I haven't been able to push him through some of the real hefty endgame content testing that I try to do. I mean, I get it: 20 hits, drop that unblockable L2, and a great many characters are done like dinner.

    My problem with Corvus is that if they aren't dead...that cooldown of his isn't ideal. I like him more when questing and you can get those missions filled -- I have some serious kills of Avengers with him in that scenario -- but for me, the inconsistency in damage in endgame-type content keeps him solidly in the 13-17 range or so.

    Still awesome, though. Wouldn't turn him down if he popped up in a five-star crystal.
  • Zeronaut81Zeronaut81 Posts: 167
    ESF wrote: »
    JC_ wrote: »
    @ESF For what it’s worth I read all of your analysis posts. Really enjoyed the ones on Cap IW, IMIW, and Red Skull because I have all of those as 5 stars.

    Helpful to get another players detailed take on a champ, in all 3 cases you had noticed things they can do that i missed.

    Thank you! I have been seriously debating writing long about Killmonger


    Please do a long write up on KM! I just pulled him, and your CAIW write up was awesome!

  • ESFESF Posts: 884 ★★★
    Zeronaut81 wrote: »
    ESF wrote: »
    JC_ wrote: »
    @ESF For what it’s worth I read all of your analysis posts. Really enjoyed the ones on Cap IW, IMIW, and Red Skull because I have all of those as 5 stars.

    Helpful to get another players detailed take on a champ, in all 3 cases you had noticed things they can do that i missed.

    Thank you! I have been seriously debating writing long about Killmonger


    Please do a long write up on KM! I just pulled him, and your CAIW write up was awesome!

    First of all: Congratulations! You are gonna love that guy.

    Second: Thanks so much! If I had to guess...I think I can probably get some good benchmark testing to compare duped/unduped Killmongers, which I have never done for a write-up, on Friday. Then I can compare notes and maybe generate something for...Saturday.

    Sound good? Promise, I'll tag you when I post it. And I really mean this: I appreciate the interest! I love talking about this game, the character interactions. I write a lot but definitely don't know everything -- most people who see me around know I read other people's stuff just as intensely, and I recommend that for everyone. We can all learn from people in the forums when they have tested characters extensively!
  • BrutalFatalityBrutalFatality Posts: 20
  • BrutalFatalityBrutalFatality Posts: 20
    vbe5mqd92amc.jpeg
    9keehw52b36n.jpeg
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 995
    I love CAIW probably gonna be my first 5/65
  • Clintonwalls101Clintonwalls101 Posts: 127
    If I ever get enough t5b he will be my first r5/65 and hopefully i dupe him soon
  • imaginejimimaginejim Posts: 272 ★★
    ESF wrote: »
    I tried telling people that this dude was one of the best characters in this game, period. Wrote a long post about it.

    Slowly but surely, people are starting to realize this truth

    I have also said that sooner or later, people are also going to realize another truth: Killmonger is one of the top five characters in this game

    @ESF I totally agree. I was able to use my 5/50 4* against the master Hydra Adaptoid and nearly one shotted him based on the damage output.

  • BurroBurro Posts: 46
    I’d put Void and Sabretooth ahead of DV, Magik or AA. I’m biased though since both are part of one of my AW attack teams for the masochism mini boss path. Run different variations of Capiw, Gulk, KM, Sabretooth, and Void (all 5* awakened r4) depending on the defenders.
  • ESFESF Posts: 884 ★★★
    Thanks for doing that, @BrutalFatality ! Appreciate you taking the time.
  • ESFESF Posts: 884 ★★★
    @Namelez and @Clintonwalls101 : Heck, yes! DO IT. When I get the materials, I won't even hesitate
  • ESFESF Posts: 884 ★★★
    Burro wrote: »
    I’d put Void and Sabretooth ahead of DV, Magik or AA. I’m biased though since both are part of one of my AW attack teams for the masochism mini boss path. Run different variations of Capiw, Gulk, KM, Sabretooth, and Void (all 5* awakened r4) depending on the defenders.

    Void, obviously, is a great character. I absolutely realize that guy is lethal. Took me forever to effing pull him, even as a four-star -- and I couldn't get him to 5/50 and Cap IW to 4/45, both. Frustrating. Need all the T4CCs to get Void up to 5/50. Might be a while for me, unfortunately.

    Sabretooth...I have had one sitting at 3/30 for months. I just haven't made time to test him/play him like I probably should have by now. That's on me, for not putting in the work to get him figured out like some others have.

    I've been messing around with some other characters, obviously. I spent a ton of time on Red Skull, and am still messing around with team synergies that make him a little more interesting, and because you have to be good at heavy intercepting and I got a little more consistent with it, I have gone back and started trying stuff with Quake. Not saying those two are elite characters...just making excuses on how I haven't gotten the Sabretooth work in. LOL

    I also have a Ghost just sitting there that I need to get figured out. I know the character is capable of huge damage, but there's something I am not doing right. A little frustrating.

    So, yeah. Thanks for taking the time to post. Sometimes I need to see or hear how other people are using characters, for sure.

  • Crimsontide1616Crimsontide1616 Posts: 301 ★★
    @ESF man thanks so much for the detailed write up on Hyperion and killmonger! This is a tuff decision - especially since I also have the 5star WS.... what to do what to do

    Keep posting man- learning a lot from you
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 1,121 ★★★★
    This guy is one of my dream champs to pull as a 5*, have a 4* at 5/50 that I love using, just hoping on that 5* now
Sign In or Register to comment.